WEDNESDAY'S TWIN BROTHER

By Bluephoenix52

What if Wednesday Addams had a twin brother that went to Nevermore? Mortez Addams is Wednes... More

CHARACTERS
THE TWINS
OLD FACES
HARVEST FESTIVAL
SCHOOL CLUBS
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
BLACK CATS Vs JOKERS
OUTREACH DAY
SLEUTHING INTO THE PAST
PAYBACK
RAVE'N FEVER
DANCE FEVER
PARENT WEEKEND
NOTHING BRINGS FAMILY CLOSER THAN GRAVE DIGGING
AN ADDAMS SWEET SIXTEEN
TWO ADDAMS , TWO HALF BRREDS , A FUR &A GORGON GO SLEUTHING

NEVERMORE

2.6K 39 15
By Bluephoenix52

         So  I'm remaining with one assignment and it's due on Friday next week , so I thought of atleast creating one chapter for you all to read and I hope you enjoy it.

        Wednesday:I’m not sure whose twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescents in -

  Mortez: -underfunded schools run by people whose dreams were crushed years ago…

      Mortez and Wednesday: but we admire the sadism.

             The Addam twins walked down the hallways of their school both watching the students and teachers who were eyeing them warily but that didn't bother the siblings in anyway; they were quite accustomed to such looks their peers and others would throw at them.

               Wednesday eyed them all with a cold and murderous sharp glare , while Mortez merely smiled but anyone who spent five minutes alone with him in a room would learn that behind that friendly grin hid a dark mind that matched his twin sister's sadistic nature .

               Although they were walking together, they had some distance between them , Mortez knew how much Wednesday resented phyiscal contact , and although that was restricted to the rest of the family , only Morticia and Mortez gave the ravenette the space she wanted.

              The two arrived at their respective lockers which were basically side by side. The two siblings were known to be very competitive and snarky with one another and although Mortez got a thrill from annoying his twin especially quirps about him been older , he and Wednesday were close not that the Addams girl would admit it out loud. Because unlike his twin, Mortez had no problem with expressing or reading emotions.

                     Their lockers had been gratified in spray paint with the Word Freaky Twins.

                      "How mediocre." Wednesday exclaimed , no surprise in her tone .

                      "They could atleast make their handwriting more readable but apparently the education system contuines to fail most of the average person." Mortez responded while shaking his head ,  but there was a mischevious smile on his face Wednesday wanted to wipe off harshly with a blow torch . Her brother inherited their parents' , their father's utmost,   absurd jolly attitude. 

                     The two heard some muffled sounds coming from Wednesday's locker , the ravenette immediately opened it and their younger brother  Pugsley, who was tied up with an apple stuffed in his mouth , fell out.

                     Mortez immediately knelt down next to his baby brother who whimpered , his eyes wide and full of fright . Wednesday repeated the same action as her twin and removed the apple from Pugsley's mouth.

                    "I want names." She demanded , while Mortez reached into his grey jacket and retrieved his pocket knife to cut the binds.

               "I don’t know who they were, honest.It happened so fast". Pugsley admitted while looking at both his older siblings as if he was encountering that terrible ordeal.

          "Pugsley, emotion equals weakness. Pull yourself together", Wednesday told him in a non business tone but only Mortez could read the mad anger blazing in his twin's eyes. Mortez was the only person alive who could decipher his sister's expressions.

                 Pugsley began to whimper which made Mortez mad; not even he and Wednesday could torment Pugsley to the point he could cry. Whoever did this to his baby brother was either going to end up in a cast or body bag , the eldest Addams child was certain for sure.

             Wednesday , even if she was brewing up her own retribution at Pugsley's offendors , looked at him with an irritated look , "Now."

               The youngest sibling began trying to  compose himself. Mortez gave Wednesday a look for being so harsh but she ignored him. Pugsley was what their parents called ' a late bloomer ', so it made Mortez very protective of his little brother , with his and Wednesday's guidance , they knew Pugsley would live up to the full expectations that came with being an Addams. Only difference was , Mortez actually had patience with Pugsley , Wednesday did not , seeing she believed both brothers weakened the gene pool.

                 But their brother was lethal whenever he experimented with reviving dead pets with various body parts and his expert knowledge in grenades.

              As soon as Mortez finished cutting the binds , Wednesday held onto Pugsley's hands and immediately the ravenette's head was thrown backwards and her eyes staring wide at the ceiling.

                   "Huh?" Pugsley looked at his older brother with a baffled look.

                     "Give her a few secs." Mortez replied knowing his twin was having a vision. He and Wednesday had recently started developing the power of premonition and both knew they had inherited it from their mother. Though this gift was more of a nuisance and it was a mutual feeling.

              Mortez and Wednesday had analyzed their respective third eyes ; while Wednesday's visions were dark and violent ,  Mortez's were slightly positive and violent from time to time. But both always felt as if they were being electroshocked but without the satisfying afterburn.

    Although Mortez was basically what Wednesday called ' a pathetic excuse of a Mama' s boy ' which was true ,  he wasn't looking forward to telling their mother  about their recent  ablities knowing how big a deal she would make of it.

                 Wednesday finally slammed back to reality , she was obviously shaken and Mortez could relate , these visions were too spontaneous and uncontrollable for his liking . And as much as he would like to drive himself mad , this wasn't his ideal plan.

              "Wednesday? You okay ?" Pugsley asked noting how shaken his composed sister was. His voice was a mix of scared and concerned.

                 "Leave this to me". Wednesday said instead , she got up and begun to walk away.

           "Wednesday?" Pugsley's question made her stop, "What are you gonna do?"

           She turned to face him before walking away again ,"What I do best."

                "Help yourself now bud." Mortez patted Pugsley's shoulder , leaving him on the floor while the boy stared at his older siblings.

                  "Why are you following me?" Wednesday demanded , she looked like a woman on a mission.

                    "I know you Wednesday and you know me. Remember the last time you tried to have fun without me?"  There was a sadistic glint in Mortez's eyes that Wednesday found annoying and worth admiring about her brother. He had the makings of a serial killer that no one could ever suspect or pinpoint , he was a better compliance than Pugsley but she would never voice that out not in a million years.

                  "Don't get in the way."

                 "When have I ever?" He responded with a dark cheeky grin that made Wednesday smirk ; The Addam twins were lethal individually but combined effort was anyone's nightmare when the two set their eyes on someone who needed heavy retribution.

                    A few days later , the twins approached the swim team that bullied Pugsley.  Their dark ominous presence was immediately noticed.

              " Yo, Dalton, look.Pigsley’s brother and  sister.". One Jock said to the other who was obviously the leader of the stupid lot .

             "Hey, freaks.This is a closed practice." The one named Dalton said before he and his lackies began laughing like some kind of hyeanas.

             "The only person who gets to torture my brother is me."

              "And me ," Mortez said in a very dark voice , as his parents'  eldest child , it was his responsibility to look after Wednesday and Pugsley , and the position as oldest , gave him first right to torture Pugsley before anyone else, even Wednesday knew that .

                The two raised their arms revealing that both of them were each holding two bags of dangerous piranha fish. The jocks eyed immediately turned to stare at them in complete horror.

                   While Mortez smiled , Wednesday was emotionless as they both dumped the fish into the pool . The twins watched with morbid pleasure as the team scattered away from the pool and once Dalton's blood mixed in the water as a result of his lower half being chowed on , Mortez and Wednesday smiled with sadistic grins , satisfied with the art of their work.

          Some time later , the twins were being driven to a new school ; Nevermore Academy , their parents former school.  Pugsley was at the front with their driver Lurch , while Mortez and Wednesday were seated across Morticia and Gomez ,  facing their parents.

                   While Wednesday's outfits consisted of black and white, Mortez always donned a grey jacket, white shirt and black or grey tye and pants suit ; a miniature dressing style of their father owing to this ,  alot of the relatives , refered to Mortez as mini Gomez. It was seldom for the older twin to wear casual , they were just baggy shirts that were either white or grey.

                  Morticia And Gomez were currently serenading each other , both looking at the the other in blissful romance , " ♪ A silent prayer ♪ Like dreamers do ♪♪ Then I fall asleep to dream ♪"

                      Pugsley and Lurch shook their heads in annoyance, Wednesday closed her eyes looking so done with her parents' usual antics (😂😂😂 this scene gets me alot) while Mortez wanted to gauge his eyes out at the scene. Granted , he admired his parents' relationship and how long they had been together , but their cliningness to one another and lack of self control was revolting - it was times like these , Mortez wondered how the heck his parents only had three kids seeing how much they were attached to the hip.

                Morticia and Gomez sigh dreamily before leaving in for a kiss that they both moan into. The twins stared at each other and cringed internally. The two parents then broke apart and looked at their eldest children .

          "Mmm." Morticia hummed softly and directed her gaze at her daughter, "Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?"

            Instead of responding , Wednesday looked st her driver and twin,  "Lurch, Mortez , please remind my parents that I’m no longer speaking to them."

               Lurch grunted and Mortez just shrugged , he didn't like acting as a middle person.

        "Hmm." Morticia hummed , while Gomez smiled at his children.

         "I promise you, my little viper, even you my little prince , you both will love Nevermore.Won’t they, Tish?Gomez looked at his wife who nodded eagerly.

           "Of course. It’s the perfect school for them."

            "Why? Because it was the perfect school for you?" Wednesday said bitterly ,"I have no interest in following in your footsteps.
Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, President of the Séance Society."

             Mortez noticed the nostalgic smile on his mother's face and he agreed with Wednesday. He didn't have anything against going to Nevermore , he just wasn't sure if he could carve an identity for himself in a school where his parents had accomplished so many things.

           The same was true for Wednesday , it was annoying enough that her identity was referred to as the younger Addams twin even though her IQ was higher than that of Mortez. Wednesday believed in carving a name for herself wherever she went , but how could she do that in a school where her mother's sixteen year old ghost haunted the hallways and even if she did carve something at Nevermore , people would associate her as her mother's daughter.

         "I merely meant that finally you will be among peers who understand you. Maybe you’ll even make some friends." Morticia and Gomez smiled at their twins.

                  "Very unlikely mother and father," Mortez never had friends who survived less than a week and he doubted Nevermore would be any different.

                  Morticia just looked at her children with a knowing glint in her dark cool eyes.

   "Nevermore is no ordinary boarding school ," Gomez began , "It’s a magical place.It’s where I met your mother." He looked at Morticia dreamily as she smiled both interlocking their fingers, "And we fell in love." They sighed yearningly.

              Mortez wondered if he would meet his future someone at Nevermore like his parents did , while Wednesday was opposed to the very idea of falling in love , Mortez was all in , he wanted to know what it was like to desire someone  and worship their very being.

                  He was torn from his thoughts when he saw his parents about to dive into another kiss before Wednesday spoke.

                "You guys are making me nauseous."

           "And not in a good way." Mortez added.

           "My Darlings , we aren’t the ones who got you expelled.That boy’s family was going to file attempted murder charges.How would that have looked on your record?" Morticia looked at her children very sternly.

         "Terrible.Everyone would know I failed to get the job done."

            "We, you mean little sister", Mortez scoffed while Wednesday rolled her eyes."You aren't the only one with an impeccable record to maintain." Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful in their endeavor to murder anyone on the swim team , but Dalton was a blubbering mess when the ambulance took him away , in a way - it was a win-win , if Dalton's legacy was anything to stand on.

            "Hmm." Morticia nodded , "and who knows , you two might get selected into the Nightshades ; it's a secret society within Nevermore. It was originally founded by an ancestor of yours . Your father and I were members back in the day - that makes you two legacies."

                  "That is barely an enticement mother." Wednesday resisted the urge to roll her eyes and throw a dagger at her mother. If she had to get invited into some secret society , the ravenette would prefer that she got in because of her own merits and not because of whose DNA was running in her system.

                  Mortez however was  tempted; should this secret society approach him , he would give them a thought. If they were fellow intellectuals that looked into politics and academic concerns about the school , then it wouldn't hurt to give them a chance right?  Unless they were some stupid social trivial club then no , but what were the chances of that , he smiled to (😂😂😂 had to do that)  

                The family vehicle finally entered the premises of Nevermore , the twins could see the students expressions through their dark tinted windows . While Pugsley remained behind with Lurch , Mortez and Wednesday followed their parents to the principal's office ; Gomez's hand in his wife's as Morticia elegantly graced the school grounds with her presence. Morticia Addams was an expert in moving without making a peep.

                The family were in the principal's  office, the nameplate was Principal Weems.Mortez studied the tall woman who was smiling widely at him and his sister and he  wondered what sort of Outcast the woman was .

          "I'm not surprised by the name Mortez", the woman , Weems said while looking at Mortez , "you have impeccable taste young man, he kinda resembles you at that age Gomez."

                Father and son adjusted their jackets and smiled , "thank you," both said in sync.

                       Weems then focused her attention on Wednesday, "However , Wednesday is certainly a unique name. You two are twins, I’m guessing it was the day the  both of you  were born?"

          "I was  born on Friday the 13th." Wednesday said without any emotion in her voice.

            "I was born two minutes earlier before midnight could strike unfortunately." Mortez was proud of being acknowledged as the older twin , but he was envious of the fact his sister was not only born exactly at the witching hour but on Friday the 13th as well.

                 "Her name comes from a line from my favorite nursery rhyme, “Wednesday’s child is full of woe.” Morticia smiled at the woman , while Wednesday stared on blankly.

             "You always had a unique perspective on the world, Morticia."

           "Hmm."

              Weems then looked at the twins ,  "Did your mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?"

          "And you graduated with your sanity intact?Impressive." Wednesday rose an impressed brow at the Headmistress. Mortez saw the smile that was on his mother drop , he knew his sister didn't like being in their mother's shadow , but that wasn't enough to warrant rudeness.

               Weems then looked at their academic records , "You two  certainly had a very interesting educational journey.Eight schools in five years."

         "They haven’t built one strong enough to hold me." Wednesday said firmly , but Mortez knew she was gloating.

                  "And I follow whereever my twin goes ." Mortez smiled proudly knowing Wednesday got irritated by his statement. But he meant it ; even if the two would loathe the other's presence , like the time they were eight  , their parents had told them they were actually twins born on separate days by two minutes , Wednesday resorted to burying Mortez alive in the family grave yards and he got his revenge by adding poison ivy in all of her clothes resulting in a terrible rash.

                  Regardless of their murder attempts on the other , the two were never separated from the other for a long time. So whenever Wednesday got expelled ,  Mortez ensured he got kicked out as well. Besides , he had to watch over his younger twin.

               "I bet this place won’t be any different." Wednesday added in a threatening manner as if daring the principal to say otherwise. Mortez noticed Weems'  jaw tighten and  left eye nearly twitch at the remark.

            "What our daughter is trying to say is that she greatly appreciates the opportunity."

                   "Mhm?" Mortez hummed looking at his father with a knowing look ; they definitely knew the meaning of what Wednesday actually said and not the way he tried to sugarcoat it.

            Weems procceeded to look at the files again , "Nevermore doesn’t usually accept students mid-term, but given Wednesday’s perfect grades, Mortez's affiliation with academic competitions ,  and your family’s long history with the school, I’ve spoken with the board and we’ve made an exception."

                         Morticia gasped delightedly , while Gomez held her hand , his own heart swirling with pride.

                Mortez could only look at his twin feeling her fury even if her face was blank and neutral , he could see the anger blazing in her eyes.

              "Larissa, what about the twins' , um… therapy sessions?" , Morticia looked like nauseated with the mere idea of therapy, "The court ordered them.Hmm."

                    Mortez was disgusted with the idea of going to therapy , as strong as the temptation to break the law was concerned , he couldn't , he was still just fifteen going on sixteen in a couple of months. If he had to be locked up , then it would be at the age of twenty at most.

                     Wednesday however was not even trying to fight the urge to break the court order ,  alot of relatives from her father's side had been arrested at young ages ; she had to break the record . Besides , been detained and jailed were two things and she didn't get satisfication from the former.

           "The school has a relationship with a therapist in Jericho. They  can meet twice a week."

               "Did you hear that, my little storm cloud and overlord ?You’re in excellent hands." Gomez looked at his children with a reassuring look as if the therapy was the same as the ones in the Addams family.

            "We’ll see if she survives the first session." Wednesday didn't even turn to look at her father , already coming up with a way to shatter the therapist's mind.

                    "I give her the first five minutes before she breaks."  Mortez smiled seriously , their previous school guidance counselors could barely manage counselling them separately , what more both of them together at the same time for a session? It was basically an invitation to breaking the woman's pysche and destroying the fragile mind , especially that of a normie was Mortez's favorite pass time.

                "I've allocated Mortez to Gomez's former dorm , Sliver Hall."

              "Oh , the memories Fester and I shared in that hall before he got expelled." Gomez touched his chest with a warm smile on his face that made Mortez wonder if he would create wonderful memories too.

               "As for Wednesday , I’ve assigned you to your mother’s old dorm.Ophelia Hall."

                  Morticia gasped and clapped her hands , a delight smile on her face that somehow reciprocated her eyes.

           Wedneday turned to address Morticia ," Refresh my memory.Ophelia’s the one who kills herself after being driven mad by her family, correct?"

                While Gomez stopped to think deep in thought , Morticia looked at Wednesday with a cunning look and nodded which made Mortez snort.

              "Ironic , seeing you're on the same path." He smiled brightly at his twin , while Wednesday looked ready to snap his neck.

                      Gomez and Mortez went to Sliver Hall arriving at the allocated room , to Mortez's fortunate his roommate was not in.

                     "It's a shame my little emperor , i was hoping you would be exactly in my old room. It's just across from this one."

                         "Don't sulk father , it's not your strong suit." Mortez smiled ,as he eyed the surrounding of what would be his room for probably a few weeks , a month at most , he knew how persistent Wednesday was about not staying at Nevermore got long and he could never leave his twin. 

                 According to the stories his father told him , apparently when he was being pushed out  from the uterus  as his mother gave birth , Wednesday's hand was clutching onto Mortez's heel trying to pull him back into the womb , almost as if asking  him not to leave her alone.

          Although , Wednesday preferred to interpret the story as  a unfortunate strategic tactic to unsurp him from his first born privilege  , Mortez had a feeling Wednesday always needed him even back in the womb. The only time his sister ever came to him willingly for support was when they were six and her let scorpion Nero was brutally murdered by some bullies. It was why , Mortez always believed he had to be there for her even if Wednesday didn't want his support.

                     Gomez smiled and handed the special  customed  uniform for Mortez that the school had ordered. In a school that's dress code was blue or indigo , Mortez knew he and Wednesday were definitely going to stand out.

                     "You have no idea how overjoyed your mother and I are that you two are here , in the school that impacted our lives. I can only hope you and the little dark cloud will make some very unpleasant memories like we did in our youth." Gomez placed a hand on his son's shoulder , the man knew Mortez eerily looked like him in his prime , but the atmosphere of Nevermore was making that similarity stand out more than it usually did.

                    Mortez only nodded as he listened to his father , "I know you'll keep an eye on your sister and I don't doubt it for a minute , my little  Duke of horror. But I want you to also focus on your own interests ."

                     "I do have my own interests?" Mortez looked at his father not clearly understanding what he meant. The occasional  torture , the art of creating realistic blood , breaking noses and light reading were his interests and hobbies.

                    Gomez smiled at his son ," I know little prince,I mean , if you discover something you and your sister don't meet eye-to-eye , promise me you won't close it off to ease her displeasure. You need to be selfish once in a while."

                 In all honesty , Mortez didn't understand his father but nodded anyway as his father walked out of the room.

           Mortez , after dressing up in his new uniform that was consisted of a dark grey blazer and sweater within , grey tie and light grey jacket with the Nevermore crest on it  and dark trousers , made his way outside and quickly found Wednesday with some colorful blonde.

                The boy was sure his heart had done a slient murmur ; the girl was the most exquisite beauty he had ever since he entered his teenage phase.

                   "Mortez Addams , pleasure to meet you ."  He extended his hand out for a handshake. The girl noticed him and smiled brightly at him.

                   "Enid Sinclair ."

                  Mortez smiled and kissed her hand , "An exquisite name for a charming young lady."

                 "Uhm , " Enid scratched her ear , a small smile on her lips , "you are quite a gentleman."

                  "I try to be."

                     Wednesday felt nauseated at the sight , especially when she saw her new roommate blush at her brother's odd manner of flirting. Nevermore was already corrupting him - her brother was supposed to be like her , above the terms and whims of teenage hormones.

                   "Spare me Mortez,"  Wednesday's voice brought back their attention , "mother and father are more than enough. I don't need you inflicting that same torment on me."

                     "Oh , so you're the twin?" Enid pointed at Mortez who nodded with his most charming smile.

                   "He literally just introduced himself a few seconds ago? You can't be that dense?"  Wednesday eyed the colorful blonde and immediately regretted saying the last part. The girl's room that looked like a unicorn threw up in it and all the offensive colors  painted in there were enough to determine the girl's thinking capacity and sanity.

                       Enid however ignored Wednesday , "I just expected him to look...I don't know like you, half dead."  The girl looked at Mortez taking in his uniform , "you allergic to color too?"

                   "It makes me nauseous and a nasty rash breaks out." Mortez said seriously  , while Wednesday rose a murderous gaze at him upon seeing he had already begun wearing the uniform? She knew how much of a suck up her twin was to their parents , but to  see him already accepting the school , made her want to strangle him for his treachery.

           Wednesday then hummed to herself ,"i always thought Pugsley would be the one to betray me first."

             "What?"  Mortez asked but Wednesday didn't respond.

                "I was about to give Wednesday a brief wiki of the students. Wanna join?" Enid asked the elder Addams twin who nodded eagerly.

          "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales.

         "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires.The chirpy girl pointed to a group of students wearing dark shades, Mortez was always fascinated with the canines of vampire teeth and their structure , his uncle Fester always tried to find some supplier at the black market but beggars can't be choosers. He briefly wondered if one of the vampire students would act as a willing specimen for his analysis.

       "Some of them have literally been here for decades." That wasn't shocking to neither twin , if they were immortal for who knows how long , they too would remain in the same place.

           Enid then pointed to another table ," That bunch of knuckleheads , besides my brothers been goofy as usual  are Furs, AKA werewolves.Like me!"

                    For emphasis , Enid's manicured painted nails extended into claws . Mortez smiled at her , the fact that the girl was from the lycanthropy community made her even more attractive to his dark heart.

               The said students noticed Enid , some boys , who were obviously her brothers waved at her eagerly and howled.

             "Full moons get pretty loud around here.That’s when Furs wolf out.I suggest you pick up noise-cancelling headphones."

               "That wouldn't be a problem, our little brother likes to play with dynamite , the noise is actually pretty soothing." Mortez told the blonde who looked amused.

                "Really?"

                 "Hmm." He nodded and Wednesday was once again looking annoyed with her twin. What was he finding attractive about a girl who's heir was a mix of blonde , pink and blue and as if her room wasn't bad enough , her nails were also brightly colored , it's like nothing was safe from the girl's color fetish.

                Maybe Wednesday  had to make her brother visit the horror that was Enid's room that was filled with vivid colors that could easily assault Mortez maybe that would snap him out if his stupid infatuation.

            "I’m assuming Scales are sirens?", Wednesday pointed to a group of students with blue deep eyes. A girl , a black girl was playing with the water , her the skin on her hands slightly shifting into scales. The ravenette had enough experience of normie schooling to deduce  the girl was the  ' Queen Bee ' of the school.

       "You catch on quick, that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty. Her ancestry is dated to be blue bloodied.

        "Although her crown’s been slipping lately.She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe." The twins noticed Bianca staring at a tall lanky guy who was spray painting two Ravens on the wall.

           "But they broke up at the beginning of the semester.Reason unknown."

           "Fascinating." Wednesday said sarcastically , she had no time to dwell in stupid high School drama and it's nonsense.

          "I know, right?!", Enid turned to look at Wednesday excitedly , "My vlog is, like, the number one source for Nevermore gossip."  

                 Mortez smiled seeing how oblivious the Werewolf was to his sister's sarcasm. He could see Enid was definitely his sister's complete opposite , that would definitely be a challenge for his twin.

                Mortez's attention drifted to a  boy his age who was  walking around with another boy from a younger class ; the small boy had glasses and fuzzy hair. But Mortez's main focus was on the older boy who was talking so enthusiastically about something to the younger one. He couldn't help stare , there was a familiar essence about that boy  the older  Addams twin couldn't decipher about the student - Mortez knew he had seen that face from somewhere , but where?

                 "And who might that be?" Wednesday asked curiously and  Mortez's attention was brought back. He focused where exactly his sister was looking at.

                   He noticed a tall boy sitting by himself. He had brown curly hair , wide eyes that were green and dimples. He was eating some peanut butter sandwich while listening to whatever was on his headsets. The tall boy clearly stood out - an outcast amongst outcasts.

                 "That's Tyler Galpin ", Enid then looked at the twins before whispering , "He's a Hyde. Actually the only one to attend Nevermore in over thirty years."

                  "A Hyde?" Mortez and Wednesday asked in sync ,  Although the two , especially the latter didn't enjoy whenever they said the same thing at the same time, they couldn't help having their curiosity piqued.

                   "Yup." Enid said while popping the P. "He began attending Nevermore last year , he mainly sticks to himself. He and Xavier have some beef , reason also unknown."

                    Mortez noticed the way his sister examined Tyler under her cold stare ; he knew when Wednesday was calculating or brewing some machination in her mind(and vice versa)

              "I'm supposed to believe he is capable of mass violence?" Wednesday scoffed and Mortez agreed hearing the stories from their Uncle Fester who actually courted a Hyde back in the day - the twins had believed the human sides were just as brutal and blood thirsty in appearance just as in their monstrous forms - but this Tyler Galpin looked like some harmless normie who was ready to trip over his feet whenever he attempted to walk.

            "Well , we all know he doesn't have his Hyde unlocked , it's apparently why he even got in."  Enid told the two.

                "Why would he even keep a fine specimen  locked to begin with?" Wednesday asked incredulously , she knew if she had a monster inside her to her disposal she would unlock it.

                  "Pity. He really doesn't reach the standards i believed Hyde's had. " Mortez shrugged and tsked.

                Enid just blinked at the siblings , more particularly surprised by Mortez. Granted , his name was weird , but his smile and aura made him look like the normal twin , but from the conversation , the werewolf could deduce there was  more than a friendly face and smile , something darker to the boy.

                     Before she could say , a boy with a beanie came up , " Yo, Enid! You’re not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your new roommate and her twin."

                  Enid tried to signal the boy to shut up while Mortez and Wednesday were curious to hear what ' dirt ' was already circulating in the school about them.

          "The girl eats human flesh.Chowed down on that kid she murdered", Wednesday looked offended while the image of his twin as a carninbal was hilarious for Mortez but again way too far fetched , "and the dude , gouges the eyes out of bodies."

             Enid stepped aside revealing the twins behind her for the beanie boy to see them.

        "Quite the contrary", Wednesday smiled darkly at the boy, "I actually fillet the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets."

           "And I don't gouge eyes out of bodies. I prefer to perform taxidermy on the available corpse." Mortez added with a smile , he was going to miss that hobby while he was here.

             "Ajax, this is my new roommate, Wednesday and her twin brother , Mortez."

             "And he's apparently  my roommate ", Mortez said as he looked at the boy who was looking dazed as he stared between him and Wednesday.

            "I'm ?" Ajax asked.

            "Ajax Petropolus correct?", Mortez asked and as the other boy nodded he smiled , "Weems said you were my roommate , but I didn't find you in the room to give me the tour."

                  "My bad ", Ajax shrugged sheepishly, "I knew I was forgetting something I was supposed  to do." Ajax then got distracted as he eyed the twins , " Whoa. You two are in black and white.Like a living Instagram filter."

           Enid ushered Ajax away ," Ignore him.Gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned. He’s short  cute, but clueless most of the time , but he's a very nice guy , wouldn't harm a fly."  Mortez didn't like how Enid was going on about Ajax. He eyed the Gorgon , Mortez had found an adivsary , no matter he would end up victorious and secure Enid's heart. He knew his father definitely went through something similar , his mother was and is s beautiful woman , there is no doubt , she had suitors back in the day.

                 "It’s a small school. There wasn’t much online about you both.You two should really get on Insta, Snapchat and TikTok." Enid looked at the twins with clear excitement that Wednesday couldn't understand why. She was going to break Enid's spirit.

            "I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." Wednesday eyed the werewolf sternly before walking away.

                "Our family is not really acquainted with social media in general. It's just not our cup of tea."  Honestly , Mortez found social media as some weird form of witchcraft they was designed to trap the mind and he preferred to have it intact untill otherwise.

                  "Well , if you change your minds. I'm the girl you need to talk to. Later!" And like that , the werewolf literally skipped happily and Mortez knew Wednesday was definitely not prepared for rooming with Enid.

              Mortez was with his family currently at the main entrance of Nevermore. His mother was adjusting his jacket and tie over and over.

         "Look at you, my little deathtrap.", Gomez looked at Wednesday proudly as she came out donning the uniform , just like Mortez's , Wednesday's uniform was special ordered , except hers was black with a grey sweater .

"Seeing you in this uniform brings back so many terrible memories.Doesn’t it, Tish?"

      "Yes." Morticia nodded , "Why don’t you boys wait in the car?
W

ednesday, Mortez and I need a moment."

                   The twins eyed their mother suscpiusly - they knew her all too well. Gomez smiled and lovingly placed his head on Wednesday's, ignoring her glare , he then patted Mortez's shoulder and went into the car.

                 Pugsley grunted , he  came forward and hugged Wednesday with much precaution as possible. Wednesday eyed her younger brother before speaking .

        "Pugsley, you’re soft and weak.
You’ll never survive without us. I give you two months, tops."

          Pugsley just stepped back and gave her a small smile ,"I’m gonna miss you, too, sis."

                  Pugsley turned to Mortez who immediately hugged him , " take care baby brother ," Mortez then looked at him as if they were in the army , "you're temporarily the only son of the house. Cause anarchy , some blood shed  and chaos. Remember you're an Addams , be an Addams."

                   Pugsley grinned at Mortez , "I'll you miss you too Mortez."  Pugsley then made his way into the vehicle.  Leaving , Mortez and Wednesday alone with Morticia.

         Morticia looked at Wednesday a , "Any plans you have of running away," She then looked at her eldest , " and you abetting her  end right now.I’ve alerted all family members to contact me immediately  your presences  darken their doorstep. You two have nowhere to go."

           "I don't know about your  'precious son ' ",  Wednesday folded her hands ignoring Mortez's glare , " But as usual, you underestimate me, Mother.

           "I will escape this educational penitentiary, and you will never hear from me again."

         Morticia sighed , "Firstly , I don't underestimate either of you. You are both capable and able. I know how sharp and cunning your brains work ,especially together."  The twins looked at one another and Morticia looked at her daughter and contuined , "You're   a brilliant girl, Wednesday, but sometimes you get in your own way.I’m sure you’ll grow to love Nevermore, and find it as life-changing as I did."

                Wednesday resisted the urge to roll her eyes for what felt like the umpteenth time that day.

                  "Oh, I got you two  a little something". 

       The matriarch of the Addams handed the twins two pendants that had  different intials on them.

            "W…M," She looked at Wednesday with a proud glint in her cool regal eyes , "Our initials." And then she focused on her son who was beaming at his gift , "and M ...M ours."

               Unlike Wednesday who was eyeing the the pendant with open criticism , Mortez put his on very quickly , letting his fingers run over the M's.

            "What's it made of?" He looked at his mother who smiled proudly.

         "It’s made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions. " Mortez rose a brow ; did his mother know he and Wednesday were having visions? There was nothing that gave him any hint that she knew , but his mother was like that; knowing but never saying anything untill the right moment.

      "It’s a symbol of our connection".

            "Which one of your spirits suggested this toe-curling tchotchke?" Wednesday's statement made Morticia lose her smile.

                  "Wednesday." Mortez  looked at Wednesday with a look that she rarely saw on him - a look of disappointment for offending their mother . She could care less what her twin felt and contuined.

       "I’m not you, Mother.I will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family."

             Morticia licked her lips , a thin line across her forehead , "I’m told girls your age say hurtful things, and I shouldn’t take it to heart."

               Wednesday noticed the glare Mortez wss giving her and she looked back at their mother , "Fortunately, you don’t have one."

          Morticia smiled and Mortez looked at his sister proudly , "Finally, a kind word for your mother.

           "Lurch, the crystal ball, please." The butler grunted and retrieved some brief case , from it , Morticia pulled out a crystal ball.

    "We can’t talk to you for the first week while you’re settling in, so we’ll call you next Sunday." Morticia ran a hand through Mortez's hair , fixing his jacket one last time, the matriarch smiled at Wednesday patting the air around the ravenette's shoulder.

                 The twins watched as their swayed her hips as she gracefully walked back to the vehicle that immediately drove off.

              Mortez and Wednesday proceeded to walk back into the academy , unbeknownst to them , a certain disembodied hand was tracking after the Addam Twins .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969 24 8
A new semester at Nevermore Academy brings new students, staff, and suspicions to the beleaguered boarding school. It's a wonderfully woeful return f...
91.5K 1.9K 13
"What's your favourite colour Isabella Addams? And don't give me some bullshit by saying black." "My favourite colour isn't Black, crusty the clown...
33.3K 783 28
Wednesday was just getting used to Nevermore. She had actually made a few friends and had her first kiss, though Tyler turned out to be the Hyde. So...
43.6K 783 14
The twin sister of Wednesday Addams, May Addams joins her sister to Nevermore Academy to discover they're targets of kidnapping, being hunted by a ho...