๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ c...

By yyanqing

โ OH BOOKSTORE GIRL, I WONDER WHAT YOUR NAME IS. โž ( ๐—–๐—ฌ๐—ก๐—ข ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— !๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ ) โ” MODERN AU แถป ๐—“ ๐ฐ โตŒ๏ฟฝ... More

bookstore girl
playlist
#1 , can i call you tonight ?
#2 , sweet
#3 , roddy
#4 , bad habit
#5 , lavender kiss
#6 , golden hour
#7 , dry flower
#8 , let you break my heart again
#9 , like or like like
#10 , when it rains
#11 , tek it
#12 , strawberries & cigarettes
#13 , everyone adores you (at least i do)
#14 , the perfect pair
#15 , good looking
#16 , amoeba
#18 , confusing girl
#19 , valentine
#20 , fool
#21 , wishful thinking
#22 , favoritism
#23 , dark red
#24 , hello?
#25 , walking back home
#26 , bird
#27 , over the influence
# 28 , i know you
# 29 , art deco
# 30 , lovesick
#31 , my love mine all mine
#32 , wildest dreams
# 33 , kind of
#34 , what would i do?
#end , bookstore
#author's note.

#17 , i hate everyone but you

4.4K 243 251
By yyanqing

@comfort  ꒰17꒱

a certain indigo-headed boy had a reasonable look of annoyance on his face. immediately after, cyno dropped y/n off in her dorm while nearly stopping to get ice cream cones.

the girl, who had no idea what was in store for her, focused on her twin, who had his arms crossed, his brows furrowed, and a visible frown on his lips.

as it is a scaramouche, people would be thinking by this point how terrifying it would be. the chilly, astute, and sardonic type of boy that was infamous in their department. he'd have a swarm of girls coming at him from every direction.

the tender expression he has for his twin is something they would never get to see.

you seemed unconcerned despite the ominous vibe he was sending across the living room, and continued on your own path to the bedroom. scaramouche was left perplexed by your utter disregard for his presence.

after finally eating your ice cream and wiping your lips with a spare tissue, you flopped your bag down at your bed. pulling out your phone in a hurry to message cyno when it was suddenly seized from your hand.

when your twin already had it in his hands, you were unable to respond in time to yank it back. he lifted an eyebrow in your direction, hoping for a response, but all you did was stare at him in disbelief.

he scowled at this and you asked, "what?" making it worse.

his tone was tinged with worry and annoyance because you never told him where you were. "where were you? it's quarter nine." he asked.

"is it important? and i told you, i had a student council meeting." you sighed, putting a hand on your hip and casting an unflattering gaze at him.

scaramouche hurriedly yanked the phone out of her hands as she attempted to reclaim it.

"no meeting of student council was held,"

the was enough to cause you to stop what you were doing, and stare blankly at scaramouche with your lips parted and confusion on your face.

scaramouche has obviously been reading your mind.

he spoke for her, catching up on her lie, which caused his twin to groan. "albedo told me." he responded.

scaramouche does genuinely care about her, and she always felt obligated to provide him updates on her whereabouts, her expected return time to the dorms, and other details. it appeared that the boy never fully trusted her.

although, y/n is happy that her twin is not a heartless brother, she found his compassionate nature to be too much at times. she never seems to have a moment to herself, especially when her twin practically watches her every move.

she didn't even want to begin talking about how during middle school she was unable to interact with the majority of the boys because her twin scared them off. talk about the twins' reputation back then.

as you respond, "i went out with cyno today, since he postponed the meeting for me because i was running late." you gradually concede defeat and let down your guard.

scaramouche was intrigued by this; was cyno truly willing to sacrifice his sister's reputation by canceling a crucial meeting? scaramouche grinned gently at the thought that cyno must be ramping up his game.

his reaction made you seem confused and worried that he was already planning anything when you heard him laugh. he was constantly up to mischief with that innocent grin.

he stuffed your phone into the pocket of his shorts, and spoke, "i'll return it tomorrow. besides, you still have schoolwork to finish." turning away to leave the bedroom before you had a chance to answer.

your head developed an irk mark as you realized with absolute certainty that he would hide the phone somewhere, perhaps near the top of the shelves given your height.

but since he won't be able to reach the upper shelves either, scaramouche would prefer to hide it somewhere you won't notice, as you are smart enough to know.

with no energy to confront him and win back your precious phone—you'll get it tomorrow, regardless—you grumble. perhaps, you could message cyno first thing in the morning.

then, in an effort to calm yourself down, you moved toward the balcony. despite your best efforts, you simply needed some time to prepare your head for homework-solving.

"being kunikuzushi's twin is a curse, why do girls even fawn over that grape fruit?"

it's possible that the person standing next to your balcony heard what you said. you pulled the glass door shut as he turned his attention to your form that had just stepped onto your balcony.

having just dropped you off a few moments prior, his eyes widened when he unexpectedly saw you again. though, he restrained a snicker at the nickname since he understood how serious the matter was.

the only sound was the powerful breeze moving through them as the cold air brushed across their bodies. his red-orange eyes continued to linger on the young woman standing next to his balcony.

he had always been vigilant throughout his life, and had already noticed the veiled melancholy in her eyes. ever since his eyes first landed on her, he has always noticed it.

"is there something bothering you?"

his voice shattered the tranquil stillness and drew the girl's attention, whom his heart had experienced delightedness from. when her eyes met his, the earlier look from her evaporated in an instant.

her scowl was swiftly replaced by a smile, and it quickly appeared as though she had not recently been upset.

a particular boy reading a book about stoicism while perched on a chair next to her balcony caused her mood to suddenly change.

"i totally forgot we're neighbors!"

she obviously didn't want him to worry about her well-being, so she evaded the topic. the boy, however, didn't accept that.

"is there something that's bothering you?"

she sighed at this when cyno didn't waver from the question he was trying to get at. naturally laughing it off, she assured, "of course not! why come to such an idea?" although in reality she was feeling exactly the contrary.

"because your twin told me last time that you always go to the balcony when you're upset or anxious about something."

he remembered those precise words and made sure to keep them in mind every time he had the chance to catch y/n on the balcony. he won't deny that he went out onto the balcony sometimes to see if she was there.

when she was confronted with the truth, her eyes widened, and the gleam in them somewhat shifted. nevertheless, instead of saying anything to her, cyno simply nodded his head in her direction.

she sucked back her saliva because she wasn't used to sharing this much of herself with someone, preferring to bottle her emotions.

even if the cause of her annoyance was petty, she wasn't meant to lose her cool with her twin, who genuinely cares for her. yet here she is, cursing every swear word in the dictionary after her twin confiscated her phone.

cyno expected an answer, but instead you blew a huff, "it's all good now, thanks for letting me come to a realization. your presence was enough to me feel a lot better.".

he could only stammer the word "what?" perplexed by your comments, and how you had turned the tables on him.

the white-headed boy, though, was not naive enough to see that you weren't prepared to express your issues. as an alternative, he added, "i'm glad." with a quiet chuckle.

the comforting silence they experienced while basking in each other's company was sufficient to provide comfort. they were not aware of how much they would cherish this moment as their hearts beat softly and rapidly at the same time by the mere thought of each other.

chapter written : march 03 2023

note. just a filler chapter 😎
expect more moments w cyno
and y/n cuz they're so cute
😭😭❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 29.4K 54
โ THE HOST CLUB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU. โž ( ๐Ÿฒ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—˜๐—ญ๐—˜ + ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—•๐—˜๐——๐—ข ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— !๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ ) โ” MODERN AU แถป ๐—“ ๐ฐ โตŒ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. you weren't expecting...
39.3K 1.1K 15
scaramouche x reader genshin impact (modern au) cover art credit to rightful owner.
27.8K 673 15
โšŠ in which , two completely different idols meet again and slowly fall in love. scaramouche x fem!reader; (idol!au) - NOT COMPLETE
30.1K 304 27
Genshin Impact characters reacts to stuff. * My AU* P.S I don't own Genshin Impact