nincompoop | alhaitham

By catconnoisseur

── alhaitham this relationship is indeed helping with my research. and here he thought the admins were right... More

NINCOMPOOP
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four

chapter two

629 59 46
By catconnoisseur

CHAPTER TWO

a groan escaped y/n's lips when alhaitham pushed her to the shelves, his arms on both sides, keeping her from running away.

"did that hurt?" alhaitham whispered.

"in a good way." y/n whispered back.

"so? i already did your favor. can we talk about my question now?"

y/n sighed. "w-well…"

y/n told alhaitham exactly what she told cyno yesterday. about her pretending to have a boyfriend so that her suitors can leave her alone. she even told her the qualities of her fake boyfriend, which coincidentally, is also in alhaitham.

"you're lucky you came across me, idiot." alhaitham flicked her forehead. "and? you could've just told them that you don't want to be pursued."

"i would if i could, alhaitham. you know i would." y/n mumbled with a sad smile.

alhaitham hummed. "i actually agreed to this because i wanted to do research."

"what?" y/n asked, looking up at alhaitham like a dumbass.

"the admins always tell me that girlfriends are distractions. so i want to see if they're right." alhaitham explained. "and i haven't been in a relationship myself, so i wanted to try before it's too late."

"r-really?! but you were so good!"

y/n and alhaitham immediately covered y/n's loud mouth with their own hands.

"quiet in the library!"

"i surfed the internet for some ideas. but i really don't have any." alhaitham said.

"how about that guy you were with yesterday?" y/n asked, recalling zhongli who wasn't an ounce surprised by what happened, unlike cyno.

"if i'm inexperienced, zhongli is a torpe. he's too awkward with women and only gets away with it because he talks so goddamn much." alhaitham said.

"torpe?" y/n asked.

alhaitham narrowed his eyes. "that's… simple spanish. you don't know that?"

y/n also narrowed her eyes at him. "that's… something a smartass would say."

"torpe is awkward in spanish. and yes, i am a smartass."

y/n blinked. "who are you, alhaitham?"

"the time you ask." alhaitham took a step back before he took a book from the top shelf behind y/n.

"i'm alhaitham yusuf. i'm the university's student secretary, also known as the scribe."

alhaitham stared at y/n's gaped lips. unlike any other girls on campus, y/n's lips didn't have any tint on them but it was just naturally pink.

but he immediately brought his eyes back to y/n's eyes.

"can we break up?" y/n asked.

"no." alhaitham immediately said. "we cannot break until my research is over. i'm almost finished with chapter one."

"what..?"

smart people may be hot, but they're also scary!

"are you serious?"

"deadly."

y/n sighed. okay, she signed up for this anyway.

"you told me you told your friends some old stories about us. you should discuss that with me so i wouldn't be too dumbfounded the moment i meet them." alhaitham said.

"i don't have any plans to…" y/n paused and inhaled sharply when she felt alhaitham's hand crawling on her palm.

"don't plans of what?" alhaitham asked after he secured their intertwined fingers.

"t-to… ehem… to open our relationship to them just yet." y/n said. "i want to keep us lowkey, but not, you get it?"

"i'm afraid i don't understand."

"i mean, we'll keep the relationship low-key, making it more interesting and gossip prone! or something."

"ah… i get it." alhaitham said and sighed. "girls. how mischievous."

"come on. let's take a seat so i can tell you all the stories i told my friends." y/n pulled alhaitham while his face was already buried in the book he took.

y/n sat in front of alhaitham before she started telling him stories. despite focusing on his book, he was listening to y/n. it was a wonder how, but he's amazing.

"first… i told them that you are the 'what stupid shit did you do again?' boyfriend and i'm the 'hehehehehe i love you babe'  girlfriend."

"uh-huh?"

"one time we were drinking coffee together at a coffee shop, it was my first attempt at drinking hot coffee because i always go for iced." y/n said. "you were like 'be careful, that coffee's h—' then i was like 'oh shit heck that was hot!' then you were like 'see? i told you'."

alhaitham glanced at y/n, his eyes peeking over the book.

"i didn't know you're such a blabbermouth."

"erm… do you not like it?"

"i do not dislike it. continue."

the spark came back to y/n's eyes.

"okay!" she beamed.

y/n also told alhaitham about him being the "i miss you" bf and y/n was the "you just saw me earlier" gf. she told him lots of stories and they all seemed so… real.

"basically, you're saying that we're the 'mature bf and idiot gf' trope."

"bingo! i can't believe i fished a smart guy!" y/n said with twinkling eyes.

"you know, you're really good at making stories. you should've been an author." alhaitham said.

y/n flinched, and that didn't go invisible in alhaitham's eyes.

"what? don't tell me you're…"

y/n gulped and looked away while fiddling with her fingers.

"you're not good at keeping secrets." alhaitham said and sighed.

"come on, we're lovers." alhaitham tried convincing her. "how about this, i tell you one secret and you tell me yours. deal?"

y/n sighed. "i-i guess it can't be helped."

alhaitham closed his book and placed it on the table. "this book is good. you should read it."

y/n's eyes landed on the cover. "you read fiction..?"

"i don't think it's bad. especially this one. it's not romance but it's very interesting." alhaitham said and peeked at the book. "penned by… calantha. what a great author."

"anywho." alhaitham pulled his seat closer to the table. "let's see… what secret of mine could i possibly tell you..? i don't keep much secrets, so…"

"ah." seems like he remembered something.

"are you familiar with the dean's lister, kaveh of the architecture department?" alhaitham asked. "of course, you know him. he's your senior. a lot of the architecture majors look up to him."

y/n slowly nodded. "what about him..?"

"do you know his thesis that was approved even in different nations? the mind-boggling, amusing, extravagant thesis regarding historical architecture?"

y/n nodded again.

"when he started that a year ago, his sister was in a coma. due to his mental health issues, i helped him with his thesis." alhaitham said. "the reason why his research was too perfect was that i did more than half of it."

y/n paused. "oh… i see."

thesis and research that big, considering that it is a student's personal project, it must only be done on their own. what alhaitham and kaveh did could kick the two of them out of the university.

"don't worry, i enjoyed his research. and i also feel bad for him since he's a roommate and a friend." alhaitham said. "since you're already my girlfriend, you should meet him sometime."

alhaitham noticed y/n looking away and avoiding eye contact with him. it was obvious that she was uncomfortable in her seat.

alhaitham sighed lightly.

"it's alright if you don't want to tell me a secret in exchange. nothing will change between the two of us." alhaitham reassured with a small smile. "however, i will be waiting until you're ready."

alhaitham stood up with calantha's book in hand. "i'll check this one out. i'll come back for you here and we can go grab some coffee for your next class."

the man was about to walk away when y/n suddenly stood up, the noise she made catching his attending

"i..!" y/n gulped as alhaitham turned around to face her.

"i…"

"i'm…" y/n sighed. "i was the reason why you had to do big brother kaveh's research on his behalf! i'm truly sorry!" y/n exclaimed and bowed.

"..what?" alhaitham's heart and jaw dropped to the ground.

"quiet in the library!!"

♢·♢·♢·♢·♢

after y/n's confession, alhaitham ran away. like, literally.

y/n was heartbroken. this is why she never tells anyone that kaveh is his brother.

because big brother kaveh is a big ass embarrassment. y/n thought with a straight face.

y/n isn't that close with kaveh. well, it was true that kaveh stayed beside y/n when she was in a coma a year ago, but all he did in her room was draw and draw and study and draw. at least that's what their dad said.

everyone in the architecture major looks up to kaveh? don't kid with me. y/n thought with her fists balled.

oh well, thanks to kaveh, she lost a boyfriend.

"argh. alhaitham was already perfect! why does he have to be big brother kaveh's roommate?" y/n thought while scratching her hair, leaving the library.

alhaitham was such a waste. he was the perfect fake boyfriend, yet…

sigh.

alhaitham, on the other hand…

"you prick." alhaitham immediately said the moment he saw kaveh and threw him a punch.

alhaitham was obviously waiting for that moment. he wanted to punch kaveh so bad since they were freshmen, he just doesn't have enough reason to do so.

the people watching the quadrangle were all shocked by alhaitham's sudden outburst. but they all guessed the occurrence was normal when kaveh started laughing like he was caught.

"come here." alhaitham pulled his friend's collar.

"ow! alhaitham—! hey!"

alhaitham brought kaveh to an empty hallway before throwing him to the wall.

"you didn't tell me that your sister also studies here." alhaitham whispered while gripping kaveh's collar.

"w-why are you so angry?" kaveh asked with his hands up in the air. "it's not like you're involved with her or anything, right?"

"right?" kaveh asked again when he earned no reply from alhaitham.

"o-o-oi, alhaitham… oi!" kaveh called. "i told you, my good-for-nothing sister is really good for nothing! how the hell would an elite like you be acquainted with a fool like her?!"

"shut up." alhaitham let go of kaveh's collars.

"don't talk badly of my girlfriend."

"hah?"

"your sister…" alhaitham sighed. "is my girlfriend. i just found out."

"what do you mean you just found out?!" kaveh exclaimed. "me and my sister are both blonds, plus, we have the same freaking surname!"

alhaitham snatched kaveh's id.

kaveh callahan.

"it's not like i remembered your surname. you're too irrelevant for that."

"you think you're a big shot too? excuse you!"

"yeah. excuse me." alhaitham spat, making kaveh groan in pure frustration.

"you're not gonna do anything." alhaitham immediately said to kaveh. "i will keep dating your sister." it's for my precious research.

"are you seriously dating her? you? YOU?? dating my idiot of a sister? HER???"

"why in the world do you always not believe me? is it really that hard?"

kaveh clicked his tongue. "ugh. i don't even care about her. date her, break her heart, don't care." kaveh nonchalantly said.

"huh. you're not being overprotective like those other big brothers?"

"hah? i told you, i don't care even an inch about her. i only stayed by her side during her comatose state to finish more construction projects."

"and i did your research because i pitied you."

"shut up. we all know you enjoyed that research well."

"i did. but i can't believe you're regarding my girlfriend like she's just nothing to you. i will not forgive you."

"i don't car—"

"you're demoted from friend to just roommate. i'll see you at the dorm."

"what?! y-you—! you're so full of yourself!!"

"bye, roommate."

"hey! alhaitham!!"

shit. i forgot. i left y/n in the library! alhaitham cursed and started running.

he was so pissed because of lesser lord kusanali knows what reason. alhaitham knew how kaveh never cared for his sister, maybe that was the fire that fueled his anger.

"y/n?" alhaitham called.

ah shit. "hey." alhaitham called the student librarian. "did y/n leave already?"

"yeah."

"do you know where she went?"

"oh come on. open your ears. people talk about your girlfriend all the time, don't be dense." the student librarian said. "one moment later you'll hear where she is."

"i just saw callahan at the statue reading the plaque again!"

"thanks." alhaitham said to the student librarian and left the library at the speed of light.

alhaitham ran to the school statue and there he saw y/n, crouching while reading the plaque of the statue.

he was about to approach y/n when cyno has already beaten him into it.

"y/n. what's wrong?" cyno asked.

it's a y/n habit that only a few close friends know. y/n has the habit of reading public texts whenever she feels sad. it's weird, but you'll get used to it.

"he found out." y/n mumbled. "my boyfriend found out that i'm kaveh's sister."

"o…kay?" cyno wasn't sure of what to reply to his best friend. "have you told your boyfriend about the situation you're in?"

"yeah. alhaitham said he's also doing research about it so i guess we were getting some advantages."

"alhaitham?" cyno mumbled.

"alhaitham yusuf?" cyno's expression changed into anger and exasperation all combined.

"what? do you have a problem with him?" y/n asked. "is he one of the people who hated your corny jokes..? i can't blame him though. i think i just like them because my happiness is too light."

cyno groaned while scratching his head. "why didn't i see his face? why the hell did i not know that it was him at the cafe?" he mumbled

"y/n, break up with that guy!" cyno said while holding y/n's shoulders.

"eh?!"

"ayo..?"

"did cyno just…"

"oh my god..!"

"w-what are you doing?!" y/n whisper-yelled while looking around in secrecy, panicking that what cyno did might stir up more gossip.

"you can't be with him, y/n. pick someone else! not that alhaitham." despite not yelling, there was a rise in cyno's voice.

wow, just how did alhaitham offend her best friend? y/n gaped at cyno.

"you know i can't just break up with him." y/n gently said and gently took cyno's hands. "what is your problem with alhaitham anyway?"

cyno clicked his tongue. "he pisses me off."

"that's it?"

"that's it."

"what the. i thought it was something more serious." y/n said and sighed.

"and what could i have possibly done to you that made you so mad and insecure of me, cyno austere?" alhaitham asked as he walked towards the two.

"alhaitham…" y/n mumbled.

he stood behind y/n, his height automatically towering over the two.

"what are you doing here?" y/n asked. "i thought you ran away..?"

"why would i run away?" alhaitham whispered. "i just had to ask your brother a few questions. it wasn't my intention to leave you alone in the library, i apologize."

"no, it's alright. i actually thought we were ending the relationship after you find out about…"

"nothing will end this relationship just yet." alhaitham then turned to cyno. "especially you, cyno."

cyno scoffed. "you think i'm scared of you? what are you gonna do? stab me with a pen?"

"i will if i could." alhaitham replied sharply.

"alright, you two, calm down." y/n said. "i don't know what's going on between the two of you, but don't bring me and my relationship into this. are we clear?"

"yes." alhaitham immediately said like a good puppy. cyno's face crumpled at his obedience.

"no. alhaitham is bad news. there are other men, y/n." cyno tried convincing her further.

y/n's eyebrows met as her face crumpled as well.

"no! i don't want anyone else!" y/n exclaimed with her arms wrapped around alhaitham's arm. everyone was eating the drama, including alhaitham himself.

"y-you—!" cyno sighed. "alhaitham is dangerous, y/n. give him up."

"hah! bite me!" y/n said like a child before blowing raspberries at her friend.

alhaitham rolled his eyes, obvious that it was meant for cyno. "if you may, stop asking my girlfriend to leave me when i'm right in front of you." alhaitham said and glanced at y/n. "y/n, your next class will be starting soon. how about i take you to class early and bring you coffee?"

"y-you would do that?"

"yes. i have to buy coffee for myself anyway. however, if i bring you with me i'm afraid you might get late."

"o-okay! let's go!"

the couple walked out. y/n glanced at cyno and gave him a 'what the hell is wrong with you?!' glare.

but cyno gave back a 'you're dead once i get to have you alone' glare, making y/n flinch and hug alhaitham's arm tighter.

"just what beef do you have with cyno?" y/n asked.

"does he know about the deal?" alhaitham asked as well.

"of course he does. in fact, he's the only one that knows." y/n answered. "he's been a friend since diapers, so i trust him a lot."

"do you think i'll be alright?"

y/n looked up at his boyfriend who was wearing a very pitiful face. y/n's heart shattered into pieces while being in awe of alhaitham's handsome face.

"ooohhh don't you worry, baby. i'll protect you from that darn cyno!" y/n said, determined.

alhaitham smiled. "i'll be in your care, baby."

blood immediately surged up to y/n's head, filling her face hot and red.

"s-say that again…" y/n weakly said.

"i'll be in your care, baby..?" alhaitham repeated. "ah? y/n? y/n?!"

only for the lady to faint in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 16.2K 55
(𝙔/𝙣) 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, �...
105K 2.2K 21
Just two roommates living together. They seem to hate each other, but do they really? ----------------------------- Kaveh has feelings for Alhaitham...
261K 8.9K 30
you're holding me and holding back. | 暗黙の a scaramouche x reader au where you experience your first heartbreak. as you try to move on just like any...
63.1K 1K 24
"I know somewhere you can stay, I bet you'll get along really fast...I hope. He's pretty smart but he does get pretty annoying in arguments sometimes...