Promise

Od TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... Více

01: Meeting
02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
17: Count On Me
18: The Unexpected
19: Maniac
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
26: Heated
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

05: Hoodie

415 23 17
Od TigerWooong

"Where'd you put my clothes?" Wooyoung's confused voice rang out when got up to change, but only now noticed that his suitcase was nowhere in sight.

"Oh, I put them in the middle and bottom drawer." San got up as well, walking past Wooyoung to opened the mentioned drawers to reveal the smallers belongings. "I put the other things in your suitcase in here." San motioned towards the rather large basket that was now on top of the dresser.

"Okay...where's my suitcase?" Wooyoung's voice lowered, sounding skeptical because a part of him was.

"I put it outside to let it air out." San rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I didn't want to put your clothes back in there after I worked so long to get them not smelling like smoke. And...well I was just trying to be nice and wanted to try getting rid of the smell in your suitcase too."

Wooyoung sighed, leaning down to look through the drawers, finding all of his clothes to be there. Then he stood upright and quickly looked through the basket, finding the rest of his things there as well. There wasn't anything missing or damaged, which was a relief.

"There's probably no coming back with the suitcase, its seen worse days." Wooyoung grumbled as he leaned back down to pull out an outfit to change into. He had to admit, he definitely smelled a difference and was quite content about it. "I'm surprised you were able to even salvage my clothes."

San hummed, watching Wooyoung like a hawk.

"Do you guys have a shower in this place?" Wooyoung stood with his desired clothes, which were both causal but definitely more presentable. Plus he was sure he could move better as well.

As Wooyoung turned around he met the vampires eyes, causing his breath to get caught in his throat. His heart picked up in pace unconsciously, even if there was no true danger in that moment.

"Oh, uh, yeah." San's eyes snapped in another direction, a sheepish smile on his lips. "Follow me, I'll show you where."

Wooyoung took a step, hesitating for a moment. He turned and went to his backpack first, digging through it to find his emergency personal hygiene bag, holding such items and a minimal amount of makeup as well. It was easier to grab and transport than the things he usually uses from the basket. Though he did go back to the basket to struggle at retrieving his towel from the bottom of it, but got it regardless. Now ready, he told himself to go back on high alert for the time being as he stepped out of the room he's been in into the grey hallways.

It was silent other than the two's footsteps echoing around them, and what seemed like muffled voices from the first floor.

"Why's this place so...lifeless?" Wooyoung for some reason said his thoughts aloud, gaining San's attention.

"I don't know, it's just kinda how its always been. We kind of keep our personalities in our rooms, but even then that's minimal for those of us that have other places to live as well." San explained casually, no real expression or vocal change with his answer. "I guess we're prepared to leave at any time, and for the most part not leave too many traces. Why? Is this place too grey for you?"

"A bit yeah." Wooyoung laughed a little, eyes trailing the baron walls. "I'll get used to it."

San hummed. "Yeah, I guess it would be pretty different compared to where you have been staying. I'll take it you don't like the quiet either."

"Not a huge fan of it, no." Wooyoung sighed, halting behind San who suddenly stopped. If he wasn't paying attention he surely would've walked straight into the vampire.

"Well most of the time it's pretty quiet around here, but theres times where some of us can get pretty loud too. So hopefully that'll be a good compromise." San smiled, awkwardly stepping to the side and motioning towards the door he stopped in front of. "This is one of the bathrooms. I'll be downstairs with the others, you can make your way down there too when you're done. If you don't want to though you can just text me."

"Alright, thanks." Wooyoung gave a quick nod of his head, idling awkwardly as he and San looked at one another.

The vampire then ducked his head and started walking away, in which case Wooyoung opened the bathroom door and stepped inside. Immediately once he closed the door he pressed his back to it, his head lightly resting against it as well. He closed his eyes, letting himself breathe in peace for some time. When his heart rate and breathing pattern finally returned to normal, he reached a hand out to the side, finding the light switch with ease. It was then that he allowed himself to push himself off the door, opening his eyes to the small bathroom.

Well, small in the sense of little walking space. It held everything a typical bathroom would, though there was a lot of open counter space, which was pretty nice. As Wooyoung set his belongings down on one side of the sink his eyes trailed upwards towards the mirror. He grimaced at his appearance, feeling like it was below the standard he usually held himself to. But at least he gave himself some leeway, knowing he has been sick and is no longer in his normal, day-to-day lifestyle.

Still, his eyes did not drift from the mirror. They lowered to the hoodie he wore, a maroon color that he wouldn't usually pick out for himself. Yet he liked it, so much that he debated putting it back on once he finished showering. That thought only lasted for a few seconds, a few seconds too long in Wooyoung's mind.

I'm not letting his vampy bond control me just like that.

Is it the bond though? Cause the hoodie itself is just comfortable, there's nothing wrong with wanting to wear something comfortable.

No, it's because its his, that's the problem.

Stripping of his clothes, Wooyoung got into the shower and didn't hesitate turning the water on to the hottest it would go. He had to admit he was surprised when the water did warm up, being satisfied that this warehouse place even had hot water.

Time was the last thing on his mind. Wooyoung truly didn't know how long he let himself stand under the scalding water, letting his body relax, but it felt like ages. Even after washing himself and his hair, he let himself stand under the water for a few extra minutes, letting his mind wander and stiffness in his limbs to dissipate.

Finally though he turned the water off and stepped out of the shower, grabbing his towel to dry himself off. Now surrounded by proper silence Wooyoung's body couldn't help but become tense again as he tried to listen out for any alarming sounds. He changed into his clothes, happy to be wearing his own again. Yet he hesitated, he merely grabbed a short sleeve shirt, and he knew he'd be cold the second he stepped foot around any of the vampires again.

I'm an idiot. Seriously, what was I thinking? I have my own long sleeves and hoodies.

Still, Wooyoung's eyes trailed back over to San's hoodie. He bit his lip for a moment huffing as he reached out, pulling it over his head.

Just for now, it'll keep me warm for the time being. That's all. If he says something I'll take it off, simple.

Then reaching for the small bag, Wooyoung pulled out everything else he needed for now. Going through his routine made him feel human again, or at least more like himself. Hell, he even applied light makeup since he knew he wasn't on a time limit. His selection though was very minimal due to what was packed in his emergency kit, but it was enough to satisfy him.

Knowing he couldn't procrastinate anymore, Wooyoung packed up his things and exited the bathroom with very hesitant steps. He knew no matter how quiet he was, someone had to be able to hear him. Sure, vampires hearing could differentiate, some had way stronger hearing than others, while some were even comparable to a humans hearing, but even then, with seven vampires at least one had to have pretty strong hearing.

Wooyoung followed his mental map back to San's room, opening the door to find it empty. He stepped inside, putting away his things and debated then in that moment since his clothes were at full access to him, meaning he could technically change. Yet he didn't. The only thing he grabbed were his tennis shoes, which he slipped onto his feet, tying the laces tight. Much rather preferring the idea to have shoes on in this place than walk around without any protection for his feet. There was no reason to think about running anywhere, but that option was more pliable with proper shoes, just in case.

With a long sigh, Wooyoung stood upright again, leaving the room to follow his mental map once more. Even with the confusing blank walls, Wooyoung was able to find his way without difficultly, now standing at the top of the stairs. His heart dropped and color drained from his face when seven pairs of eyes settled on him, all at once. And once again he felt like prey under some of their gazes.

Keep your cool.

As casually as he could, Wooyoung walked down the stairs, his footsteps sounding like explosions through the quiet, even if they were delicate. Once at the ground floor, Wooyoung let his eyes scan over the vampires, without emotion, just to get a proper baring of where they were.

Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Jongho were standing around the table which held maps and loose papers, or where Wooyoung simply deemed as the dark corner. And no, he didn't care how silly it sounded in his head, cause it worked for him.

Mingi and Yunho were positioned on one of the couches, obviously they were previously cuddling but broke it up to get on defense. Yeosang stood by a bookcase Wooyoung didn't notice before, located on the same wall as the entrance, just further down towards the lounge area. And San of course was in the middle of them all, though not literally, since he stood closer to the dark corner, leaning against the wall. He might've been talking to the three standing there since he seemed to be within talking distance of them, regardless, everyone could easily see him from their spots.

Keeping his head held up, Wooyoung walked over to San, not knowing where else to go. He was ironically the safe option. Internally though, Wooyoung was battling fears he never knew he had, fears a hunter shouldn't have. He tried suppressing them, focusing on the situation and his surroundings. He's seen worse things than being in a warehouse with seven vampires, and he reminded himself of that fact to help ease himself just a little.

"Do you feel better?" San smiled as the shorter approached, his eyes obviously trailing him up and down.

Wooyoung hummed, nodding his head once. He felt highly self conscious of his movements and actions, his eyes unconsciously trailing to the side, seeing half of the vampires that still looked at him. He locked eyes with Jongho and a shiver went up his spine. Then he noticed Hongjoong confidently stride over, standing within a few feet of him and San.

"Everyone else has already been informed about your situation, but I was giving them the chance to properly introduce themselves before we have to go work some things out." Hongjoong explained directly to Wooyoung, then looked up and glanced around at his members. "I'll be waiting outside."

Hongjoong took his leave, stopping by the door to give a warning look to some of the other vampires, before closing the door behind himself.

There was a silence to the cold air. Everyone seemed to be waiting for someone else to make the first move, to which the other blonde in the room did. He grabbed a bag that was sitting by the legs of the table, slinging it over his shoulder, then made his way towards the exit, pausing in front of the bonded duo.

"I'm sure you probably learned all of our names by this point, but Hongjoong is surprisingly keen on formalities." Seonghwa explained with a sympathetic smile. "Sorry for being so standoffish at first, but I think you had to of known where I was coming from. Anyway, I'm Park Seonghwa."

He and Wooyoung nodded at each other, then Seonghwa disappeared behind the door.

Someone appeared right where the blonde was before, scaring Wooyoung half to death.

"I'm Kang Yeosang." The brunette held out his hand, which Wooyoung hesitantly took. They shook hands, Wooyoung finding the vampires touch to be much warmer than he expected.

Wooyoung couldn't even say anything because as quickly as the brunette appeared, he left. The door hardly even moved from how fast he must've been moving. Then the other vampire from the dark corner grabbed a bag in the same manner as Seonghwa, approaching Wooyoung in silence.

Without a word he held out his hand, which again Wooyoung was hesitant to take hold of.

"I'm Jongho." As he said the words he gripped Wooyoung's hand unbearably tight.

"Ow fuck." Wooyoung hissed, face scrunching up as he tried to pull his hand away from the pain with a single tug and failed.

Jongho subtly smirked, only then letting go of the hunter to walk out the door without another word.

"Are you okay?" San quickly questioned, stepping around the smaller to stand in front of him.

It was in that moment that Wooyoung realized an unconscious movement, because his left hand was now cold. In response to his right hand hurting, he must've reached back for anything to grab out of fear, which happened to be San's wrist.

"Yeah...yeah I'm okay." Wooyoung regained his composure, shaking out his right hand while pulling his left back to himself. "Just took me by surprise."

"He'll warm up to you." San reassured with a sigh, jaw clenched as he looked towards the door. "He...has had some pretty bad experiences with hunters. Most of us have...but his still affect him quite a bit."

Wooyoung nodded his head numerous times.

"Well, I'm Yunho, and you know Mingi too." The taller stood from the couch, causally making his way over to the duo. Mingi was slower to follow, but he did nonetheless. "Speaking of, I didn't even realize you were a hunter."

Wooyoung let out an awkward breath of air that was almost like a laugh. "Yeah, well I'm not sure how you would've known. I don't think I exactly give off hunter vibes if you aren't looking for it. Plus you were already tipsy when you came to the club, only to get drunk, so I doubt your senses were on high alert."

"Yeah, very true." Yunho hummed, then showed a bright smile. "Well, just know that I have your back. If I couldn't tell you were a hunter regardless then I know you aren't dangerous."

"Same here." Mingi spoke up with a friendly smile. "I was kinda forced to earlier, but I genuinely mean it that when San isn't around you can come to me for anything. I'm more used to human stuff out of anyone here anyways."

Wooyoung found himself nodding his head, an upward tug pulling at his lips. He felt more relaxed, though he was still somewhat on high alert, at least he felt safer around this smaller portion of the group.

"You guys aren't going?" San questioned, nodding his head towards the door.

"Nope. That's one of the reasons I got blood with you earlier dummy." Yunho leaned forwards a little and flicked San's forehead, who let out a small squeak.

San picked an argument with Yunho, who seemingly went along with it for the hell of it. It seemed lighthearted, which is why Wooyoung let himself mostly tune it out. His eyes trailed around the large room, finding it to look different during the day for some reason, even if the lighting was the same for the most part. They then landed on Mingi, who looked like he was going to say something, but never did.

Wooyoung's stomach growled, causing his hand to quickly fly over it, completely self conscious again.

"Shit, right you haven't eaten today. Why didn't you say anything?" San completely turned his attention to the smaller, worry in his eyes.

"Uh...I forgot?" Wooyoung answered sheepishly, slightly curling in on himself to make himself just that little bit smaller. Being under one vampires gaze was fine, but any more than that was intimidating.

"Alright noted, you forget to eat a lot." San sounded sarcastic, though it was from a caring place.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. Though they widened when he felt a cold hand capture his wrist, even through the hoodie. San started gently pulling him towards the kitchen, Wooyoung tripping over himself a few times before regaining his balance.

"I can walk on my own you know!" Wooyoung complained, trying to pull his wrist out of the vampires hold, only succeeding when in the confinement of the other room.

"I'm aware." San smiled cockily, doing so as he looked over his shoulder, already moving towards the main part of the kitchen. "What do you want? Seonghwa and Yeosang went out and restocked the fridge and pantry, so you have a bigger selection."

Hesitantly, Wooyoung followed the vampire. He held his hand out over the pantry handle, looking over to San to see if it was okay for him to look himself. In any other situation, Wooyoung wouldn't of looked for approval, but he did it now simply because it felt safer. Quickly, San nodded his head approvingly.

The pantry indeed looked more filled than what he remembered from seeing it briefly from before. His eyes trailed over the options, trying to figure out what his stomach longed for.

"You can keep the hoodie by the way." San spoke quietly, his voice sounding delicate.

Wooyoung let out a confused hummed, his head snapping to the side to look San in the eyes.

"You're wearing it again...and I want you to keep it." San seemed shy, looking away and the slightest hint of red on his cheeks.

A red emerged on Wooyoung's cheeks as well.

Stop it.

"Oh...well thanks." Wooyoung didn't want to argue about it, because deep down, a part of him was kinda happy at the offer. Another side of him though told him to take it off that instant. It was clear which side Wooyoung decided to listen to. "I appreciate it."

"Yeah." San muttered, looking up again to see Wooyoung pulling random things from the pantry. "What are you doing?"

Wooyoung paused, biting his lip. "I like to cook...and I—"

"Oh, yeah, that's fine!" San shook his head, backing away to the other side of the island. His tone sounded like a verbal face-palm. "Sorry I'm going to have to get used to things like this again."

"It's fine." Wooyoung also shook his head, placing the ingredients he grabbed onto the counter. He then looked in the fridge, finding numerous foods and beverages that most certainly weren't there before. "I take it none of you really eat food just to eat food then."

"No not exactly." San chuckled, now leaning on the counter as he took occasional glances at Wooyoung. "Mingi used to be pretty big on it when he was first turned, kind of keeping that human part of him alive, but eventually grew out of it. Yeosang is the one that eats food the most out of us, cause he technically needs to."

"What's his deal then?" Wooyoung couldn't stop the words coming out of his mouth, realizing he committed to them and had to finish his thought. "His hand was a lot warmer than any of you other vampires."

Wooyoung looked over his shoulder for San's reaction, seeing the vampire with an obvious thinking face.

"I don't want to share too much cause it's not exactly my place to share. So technically you can ask him about that personally, but to put it simply he's half human and half vampire. He needs to do things that both need to do to survive." San explained with a higher tone of voice, coming off to Wooyoung as information he wasn't entirely supposed to share regardless. "It's an interesting case, and I think he'd definitely share it with you if you open up to each other."

Wooyoung nodded his head understandingly. His mind wracked for anything he could put a conclusion on, but ended up blank. There was no possible way he was turned, because he'd be like Mingi and a complete vampire. And if turning someone doesn't go right, well they die, there is no stopping in the middle and being half human and half turned vampire. That just didn't work or happen.

"We do eat though on very odd occasions. To blend in in public, when we meet with other people where it's almost like protocol to have something in front of us, and sometimes we do it just for the sake of eating, but that's the rarest case. When Mingi was eating food, and I mean especially when he was human, most of us would join him, but that was a while ago and most of us didn't have that habit to begin with, so it stopped. Yeosang though always eats in private, and doesn't really want anyone joining him, the odd exception is Seonghwa, and maybe Hongjoong if he's feeling rambunctious." San continued, his normal tone returning along with his smile.

Again Wooyoung hummed and nodded his head. He looked at the things he laid out, then around at the rest of the kitchen. Sighing he asked San where bowls, plates, pots, pans, and silverware was located, to which the vampire pointed to the appropriate places. No sooner was Wooyoung pulling out a few things, keeping it very minimal. He then moved to the knife block he noticed earlier, knowing he needed one to cut some of the ingredients anyways.

Wooyoung froze dead in his tracks when a cold hand laid over the top of his, gripping onto the knife as well. The vampire stood in a way that trapped Wooyoung between himself and the counter, so close Wooyoung felt the cold radiating off of him without even fully touching. Though that could've simply been because he was so focused on the cold encasing his hand.

"Maybe...I can do that part." San suggested with a just slightly lowered tone, his words falling directly onto Wooyoung's ear.

"Why?" Wooyoung breathed out, loosing his grip on the knife nonetheless. Except he couldn't pull his hand away, San held it in place. Breathe, it's okay.

"Uh, well Hongjoong kind of made me promise to not let you come in contact with anything that you could use as a weapon. Something that could actually do some damage if you wanted it to. Just as precaution." San answered honestly, though spoke slowly as he released his hand as well, backing away only about a step.

Wooyoung took that chance to pull his hand back to his side, turning around to face San. Only now he felt more trapped, pressed into the corner of the counter, having nowhere to run with San standing in front of him the way he is. Except Wooyoung started thinking, maybe that was an odd sign of trust. He was, in fact, closer to the knives than the vampire, granted he may not be able to act fast enough if he wanted to grab one and cause harm, the vampire didn't forcefully move him away from the area.

"Gotcha." Wooyoung muttered, begging his heart rate to return to normal, along with his breathing pattern. "I'll just change my plans then." Wooyoung shook his head, stepping out of the corner, which didn't cause any problems like he thought it might. "Was that promise just purely out of not trusting me, or does he, and you for that matter, know something I don't?"

"It's literally just precaution, as I said." San seemed a bit hurt by the tone of his voice, but Wooyoung wasn't sure by what. "I guess that comes from not being completely trusting of you, but if Hongjoong didn't trust you you definitely wouldn't be here. Or at the very least you wouldn't be able to do what you're doing now." There was a pause, and before Wooyoung could say something San continued. "You can do whatever you were wanting to do, I can cut whatever you need."

"It's fine, I already put the other things away anyways." Wooyoung rejected softly, facing the stove with the intentions of turning it on. He looked over his shoulder to the blonde. "Am I allowed to use the stove? Or is the heat from it too dangerous?"

San narrowed his eyes as if saying: seriously?

"You can use the stove, and anything else for that matter. Just not the knives for now." San said with hints of playfulness poking through despite his words also oddly coming off as a threat.

"No knives it is then." Wooyoung replied, turning the stove on and grabbing the pan he pulled out earlier.

San returned to the other side of the counter and simply went back to watching Wooyoung's every move. The smaller tried his best to ignore him, focusing on preparing his food now that his hunger was becoming more and more evident.

And to think I was just sick off my ass, here I am acting as if nothing even happened.

Some time passed and Wooyoung cleaned up his mess, sitting down opposite of San to eat his food. The air felt a bit awkward, and he grew self conscious under the vampires gaze once more.

"Hey San!" The door suddenly barged open, causing Wooyoung to practically jump out of his skin, while the mentioned sat unfazed.

"Yeah?" San turned around to talk to Yunho, a smile on his lips.

"Nothing, just needed to make an entrance." Yunho chuckled to himself, walking into the kitchen as if he owned the place. Which Wooyoung supposed to some degree was true, but that was despite the point.

Mingi followed in after, making a much quieter entrance, almost appearing embarrassed by Yunho in that moment.

With the attention not primarily on him, Wooyoung took that as his chance to eat. His eyes scanned over the three vampires though from time to time, watching their movements and listening to their pointless conversations. It was so odd to him, how these vampires seemed so dangerous, presumably in a gang not many wanted to mess with given the wanted status Wooyoung picked up about their leader, were so casual. They acted so normal. No wonder Wooyoung didn't realize that Yunho and Mingi weren't vampires right away at the club, because they acted like any other twenty-something human. Even now, they acted the same way, so relaxed, carefree, and not dangerous, not like a predator.

"So Wooyoung," Yunho's voice mentioning his name pulled him out of his thoughts. His eyes snapped up, looking in the direction of the taller. "You seem very chill for someone in your situation, I take it you had to of seen or done some shit to act this way."

"Watch it." San interjected, his tone threatening.

"Oh please, calm down." Yunho rolled his eyes, not changing his demeanor in the slightest, still casual and even a bit playful. "I'm just trying to get to know him more."

"You can't blame him, he's acting like how you acted when we met." Mingi commented as he crossed his arms over his chest, standing in a way that put himself between San and Yunho. His attention then turned to be directed at the former. "But you have to seriously work on getting all that under control, cause you're already a ticking time bomb as it is half the time."

"It's hardly been a few days, Yunho got leeway for at least a year!" San complained, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"Yeah well I was human." Mingi rolled his eyes, defending his boyfriend over his friend.

"He's practically human too!" San countered, motioning towards Wooyoung who sat silent, unmoving.

Mingi looked over at Wooyoung as well, sighing. "Yeah...I guess you aren't exactly wrong."

"Listen, I'm trying, alright? This is all extremely new to me." San looked between Mingi and Yunho, who both ended up nodding their heads understandingly.

"You know if you let me help you you might—"

"Nope. Zip it." San held up a hand in a way to tell Yunho to close his mouth, alongside his words doing the job.

"Okay, well lets change the topic." Mingi tried to divert the conversation elsewhere, knowing San was pushing limits at this point.

While that was happening Wooyoung had cleaned his dishes and the remaining mess he created, putting things away in the dishwasher. He turned on his heels the moment Mingi stopped speaking to find the three vampires looking at him once more.

"Well, to go back to what you were saying, yeah I have seen some shit in my life. But I don't know, this is just how I act." Wooyoung decided to speak, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. "If something happens to me then I guess it happens. It's not like I have much to lose."

No one was truly surprised by the hunters words. If anything, it made them more intrigued by the new person there was so much to learn about.

"How'd you end up at that club?" Yunho asked lightly, different compared to his recent tone with San, as he sat at the spot between San and Wooyoung at the island. Mingi pulled the stool from the other side of the counter over to Yunho's side, sitting beside him, though closer to San. "San told us about the human gang you were involved in. Didn't even realize they ran that place."

Wooyoung groaned, leaning an elbow on the countertop, head in his hand. "Its a long story."

"We've got time." San was the one that interjected, raising a brow as he gave Wooyoung a prompting look.

The hunter sneered, but gave in regardless.

"To say the least I needed protection. Safety..." Wooyoung started that thought, but didn't want to continue it. "And well, lets just say I didn't have much at the time either. I found the lady that ran that place, cause I knew of her from past relations. I asked if she could spare money, a place to stay, whatever, and I'd work off anything I accumulated. She agreed almost immediately after seeing how skilled I was working the bar. There was no need for training or any of that, and that's how I got in. I took more than I should've in the beginning to pay off some other people, and I got stuck working for her for a few years. It wasn't entirely miserable though, cause I was being protected, had food, shelter, and I got to keep most of the tips I made."

"You're very big on protection." San commented, mirroring Wooyoung by resting his chin on his hand.

"Yeah, from who?" Mingi spoke up, curious of the answer.

Wooyoung kept his lips shut. His narrowed eyes trailed over each of the vampires.

"No one any of you have to worry about." Wooyoung thought of his answer for a moment, saying those words monotonously. "No one that I really have to worry about anymore either, but it just puts my mind at ease."

The three seemed to respect the answer they were given, which made Wooyoung feel relieved. It was obvious that they all held many secrets, some could be shared, while others must remain hidden. At least for the time being.

"Yeah...that lady didn't really like me that much after a while. I was too much to keep in check according to her. But she didn't get rid of me immediately cause I had a debt to pay off, plus I did bring her a lot of money, even when I kept my tips." Wooyoung changed the topic back to the original point, sitting upright again.

"I have a question." Mingi said after a few moments of silence. Wooyoung sighed and gave a signal for the taller to go ahead. "Why...don't you hunt us vampires?"

And so Wooyoung gave them the same story he told San, in almost the same exact manner.

"It all makes sense then." Yunho commented, sitting back a little as he stretched his arms.

"What does?" Wooyoung questioned with furrowed brows.

"How you got involved with gangs, and I'm assuming this person or people that you need protection from. You lost it all and didn't know where to go at a young age. You were probably introduced to more gruesome scenes than the deaths you witnessed, but even those alone is an explanation as to why you act numb to dangerous situations. Yet you still have determination in you, probably thanks to you being a hunter, cause a human might've given up by now. And if you distanced yourself from vampires like I believe you have, cause that would also distance you from other hunters who could go after you, it explains why you are weaker than a hunter would be, and why most of us didn't realize you were a hunter at first, and you didn't realize we were vampires. It explains why you seem to have some kind of soft spot for vampires despite you being a hunter, and might be another explanation why despite San doing what he did, you still followed him to the car and came here." Yunho went into a full blown speech so nonchalantly, saying all of the dots he had been connecting to that point.

It scared Wooyoung. He sat in silence, averting his gaze to the countertop as he tried to calm himself again. All of those things the vampire said weren't far from the truth, most of it hitting way too close to home for Wooyoung's liking. Put on your strong face damnit.

Except as Wooyoung looked back up he didn't get to make any sort of comment. A phone rang through the silence, Yunho being the one to pull out the device, jaw clenching after looking at the caller ID.

"Yeah Hongjoong, what's up?" Yunho said as soon as he put the phone up to his ear. He stood from his spot and already was making his way towards the door. Only he paused. "Oh yeah, San and I can check. I'll text you it when we find it."

The call ended just as fast as it started, Yunho turning to the mentioned with a mischievous smile.

"Come on, we have to go check some things for Hongjoong." Yunho sounded just as mischievous as he looked.

"Seriously? Look for what? Why can't you just do it on your own?" San whined, standing from his spot regardless.

"Some things you know more about than I do." Yunho kept his answer vague, nodding his head towards the door as if motioning they should talk about it elsewhere. "I could try to find it on my own, but that might take hours. We can get it done in half the time if we work together."

San scoffed. "All right cut all the logical bullshit, I'm coming."

Yunho held the door open, looking back at Mingi and Wooyoung with a different, much more approachable smile.

"We'll just be out here. You can come out if you need anything...maybe just give a warning before you do." Yunho's last comment was obviously directed at Wooyoung, who nodded his head.

San sent a reassuring look before disappearing behind the door, Yunho following not even a second later. The silence captured the turned vampire and hunter, neither quite knowing what to do at this point. Wooyoung was more lost in thought than anything, trying to figure out how Yunho accurately figured out so much about him so fast, if he was revealing too much about himself, and tried to sort out his emotions at the same time.

"Hey uh, this might sound weird, but is that San's hoodie?" Mingi's voice cut through the silence with a playful edge. Wooyoung's eyes shot towards him while he felt his ears begin to burn. Mingi laughed. "That answers my question then. You know, Yunho did the same thing to me when we first met."

Well shit. I'm really in for it now, aren't I?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

66.3K 2.8K 115
Bin Eunha's life was ruined by a vampire, everything was taken away from her. Her family, her village, herself. Life couldn't get any worse, or could...
3.6K 414 25
Seonghwa was just a simple guy trying to have some fun in a bar on a Friday night. He didn't expect there to be live music, nor to be captivated by t...
92.1K 4.5K 38
When the poor sweetheart Wooyoung meets the annoying and mean Prince San, he suddenly can't help being attracted to him. ...
43.1K 2.8K 37
"One bite won't hurt, right?" It all started when Seonghwa fell under the spell of his best friend's eyes. He had guessed right, Hongjoong was a vam...