Escaping from terror - Leon K...

By LisaScottKennedy

[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 3] After joining the American government, Lucia trains to become a, she hope... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - END
The new book is out!

Chapter 4

275 15 1
By LisaScottKennedy

A/N: 

Sorry for uploading this chapter really late guys...! 

I've been dealing with a huge wave of anxiety lately, so I wasn't able to put myself in the right mood to write...

I'm slowly trying to get back into it, so please, enjoy this chapter! 

----------------------------------------

"Are you sure you don't want to come? Everyone's waiting for us at the bar." Camilla asked one last time as I nodded in refusal.

"Tomorrow's the final day, so I'll just stay here and rest. Have fun." I replied as she raised her shoulders, not caring that much as she began to leave.

"We'll be at the Jenkins if you change your mind."

"Go, go." I silently said as she exited the room.

There's no way I'm having a drink with these bullies.

I let out a small sigh.

My left arm hurts a little bit...

I was exhausted. I had reached a peak where I couldn't even normally feel the pain as I was used to exercising every day. My mind had just become used to it, letting the pain go away to express a peaceful agony.

But, somehow, I trusted myself way even more. I could finally rely on myself.

In the end, I was not stressed about the test because I was scared to fail but scared of not being as good as I wanted.

If I don't succeed tomorrow, I don't know what'll become of me.

That would be the only attempt I would be allowing myself to make.

I sighed as I made sure my shoelaces had been tied correctly.

I should go work out before they come back from the bar.

I quickly changed into clothes that would be comfortable for sports and reached out for the large leather jacket that Leon had gifted me for my birthday.

Every time I saw it, I could feel the warmth from it.

That somehow reminded me of the last time I had seen him.

I didn't even get to ask him about all I wanted.

I quickly turned off my computer, hearing a loud knock on the door.

"What is it." I said as I opened the door to Will.

"Hey, can we talk for two seconds?"

I sighed.

"Aren't you supposed to go party with others?" I asked as he sneered slightly.

"Yeah, I was going, then remembered that you had decided to stay here. Are you alright?"

I frowned.

"Yup, why wouldn't I be?" I replied as he crossed his arms.

"Camilla told me about your arm. You sure you're gonna make it tomorrow?"

The arm that hurts a little, isn't it?

I instantly lifted up my sleeve and looked at my left arm, myself wondering in which state it was. 

There were a few bruises, but not enough to make me feel worried.

Compared to Spain, this is only a scratch.

"Oh, it's nothing. I don't care about it." I replied, sighing a bit.

As for him, his face became really pale as he grabbed it, making me wince in pain.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Go wait inside, I'm going to the pharmacy."

I rolled my eyes.

"Will, there's no need. It's 9 in the evening, so you go and have fun with the others instead of getting worried for nothing. I can handle this by myself." I replied as he became furious. 

"Lucy, I don't know where or in which conditions you've been raised, but no, it doesn't sit right with me. Your arms are already covered in scars, so please, let me help."

I sighed.

If I let him, he'll be less worried.

"Will you let go of me if I accept?" I joked as he furiously nodded. 

Because of that, my workout session was doomed, but I was more at peace, with an arm covered in dumb-looking band-aids, which warmed up a little, tiny bit of my heart.

-----------------

"So? How did it go?" Will asked as I walked out of the exam room, my arms trembling because of the tension releasing.

I had just come out of my last test, which was the one supposed to determine if you're good at making good choices while you're facing an unknown threat.

How to say that I wanted to hide at the bottom of a hole when I found myself having to put on the mat a guy of 6.2 feet, barracked to a point where if one of his biceps was pricked with a needle it was most likely to explode.

I was dead inside.

"They're fucking psychopaths."

He laughed.

"I suppose that's your way of saying you managed it." He asked as I scratched my neck.

"Of course I did, but still..."

I looked away for a second, feeling strangely watched as I knew I was the first one to go through that exam.

Don't tell me.

I waved at Will and silently decided to take my leave, silently looking for my MP3 in my bag as my thoughts quickly confirmed themselves while I could feel a slight tension in my right hand. 

Someone had grabbed me by the wrist.

"Don't be a bitch, tell us." Were the first words that I could hear from that person.

I immediately tensed up.

"Come on, you're joking." I began as I could hear a few sighs, and mostly, Will coming towards us to probably beat up the guy's ass. 

Once half of them had heard I had come on a special recommendation, the news spread like wildfire. Ever since, some had been talking behind my back, trying to sabotage everything I did by stealing my work my belongings or even finding my phone number to send me threats through text messages.

No wonder I wanted to get out of there...

I quickly released myself from the guy's grip and grabbed him by the collar, nodding in refusal at Will as I could see he was really about to go in. 

"Next time you do that, I'm breaking your hand." I menaced as I let him go, giving the others a judging gaze.

"A few people here should really question themselves. You're the pathetic ones." I finally ended up saying as I put on my headphones, leaving quietly the corridor while I still had the courage to do so.

I hope they'll get the karma they deserve.

I turned on the music, quietly rushing in my room as I tried to take a breath.

I grabbed my suitcase and the rest of my belongings, which had been ready for more than three days, and took a quick shower. Then, I gave back my keys to the concierge and looked at my phone. 

"I'm in the parking lot" Was displayed on my phone screen.

As I took the elevator and pressed the button leading to the underground parking lot, I felt a huge wave of serenity spread through my body.

It's over.

Quickly, serenity gave up to excitement.

Wait, it is really over...?

I wanted to fly away and shout my happiness everywhere, but I didn't even feel like it would be enough, so I just furiously waved my fists in the air, trying to evacuate a good part of that energy.

Oh my fucking lord! It really is over...! 

I'll just have to wait for the results, and...

I had just spent seven months of my life with my head under the water, talking about protocols and details, all to bounce back on the question of "should we just go for it or not?", and there I was free, LEAVING, and above all... 

I was finally going to be able to get a haircut...!

As the elevator doors opened, I weakened for a moment when I noticed the subtle darkness of the underground parking lot.

Why there are almost no lights...

I gazed at this darkness for a moment, made sure my favorite dress wasn't stained and began to calmly walk in, looking for Leon's car.

The darkness never had brought me good memories, but I was moving forward without fear as if the one I had carried all my life had suddenly vanished.

It was strange... But fantastic.

To no longer be afraid...

After noticing Leon, who was waiting for me, leaning against his car, I waved at him slightly and understood he had already noticed me since he was staring at me from head to toe.

"Hello..." I said to him as I walked over to him to place a slight kiss on his cheek, while he grabbed me by the hand to wrap me inside his arms.

After a while I let myself go into his embrace, letting out a slight sigh, mostly due to happiness.

I missed him...

As he let me go, I took a little distance to see his face and ended up smiling at him.

"I'm glad to see you..." Were his first words as I bit my lip, suddenly dying to kiss him.

We are in a public place, we better not ...

"M-me too. Thank you very much for picking me up..." I replied as I tried to calm my heart for a few seconds as I saw him open the trunk of his car, shrugging his shoulders slightly as if it was natural for him. 

"I wasn't going to let you go away alone..." He hinted as I reddened. 

Oh no, not that kind of game.

I stood still for a minute, giving him a confused look as he grinned.

"Been seven months and you're still red whenever I say something." Leon remarked as I panicked even more. 

"I-it's just that... We're probably not alone in here, and..." I stuttered as he began to laugh.

I pouted, a bit frustrated that he wasn't taking me seriously.

Whatever.

As he softly continued to mock me, I tried to act as if nothing had happened, starting to bring my huge suitcase next to the trunk to put it in.

"Need he-" He began to ask as I lifted it without any hesitation, turning back to him, a bit confused while I still had the suitcase in my arms. 

"Need help for what?" I innocently asked as Leon dropped his head as if he had been defeated.

"Nevermind." He replied as I put my suitcase and backpack in the trunk, raising my eyebrows slightly as I turned to him, slowly understanding what he initially wished to do. 

Did he really think I couldn't carry my own suitcase...?

Leon, on his side, just had to give me another look to almost make me burst out of laughter. 

Oh lord.

While the only sound coming out of my mouth was one that sounded like nervous laughter, I swallowed my saliva as I finished putting my stuff in the trunk.

"Everything good?" He asked as I closed the trunk, nodding silently.

"Let's go, then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 8.7K 20
Ashley Graham, The Presidents Daughter. Doesn't matter if she's famous or whatever, to you-- she's your best friend. Ashley convinced you to come vi...
13.6K 884 25
Years passes and our paths cross again. "Separate Ways" is told by Leon's POV "Intertwine" is book 1 in Leon POV. "One Step Closer" is book 1 in (Y...
50K 1.3K 16
Two partners, Luis and Y/N. On a mission to retrieve a sample of the plaga but is quickly caught. The both have been separated and on the way, she me...
184K 7K 29
What happens when pureness meets sinfulness? || Once Le...