The Unbelievable Crimeβ”†βœ“

By bora-bish

Start: 14th June, 2022 End: 27th March, 2023 || Most Cherished Rankings: #1 kimnamjoonff #11 rmff #11 namjoon... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Third Murder
Chapter 2: The stone
Chapter 3: That Book
Chapter 4: Ilsan
Chapter 5: Kindergarten
Chapter 6: Kims
Chapter 7: Midnight Snack
Chapter 8: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 9: Choi Giho
Chapter 10: Found You
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Free or not?
Chapter 13: Tell me
Chapter 14: Mistakened
Chapter 15: Answers
Chapter 16: Screwed for Real
Chapter 17: Give and Take
Chapter 18: Gunshot
Chapter 19: You okay?
Chapter 20: Suffer
Chapter 21: Fishy
Chapter 22: Blood
Chapter 23: Journal
Chapter 24: Brother
Chapter 25: Drunk
Chapter 26: Deja vu?
Chapter 27: Bruises
Chapter 28: Food and Sleep
Chapter 29: Rain
Chapter 30: An Old Friend
Chapter 31: Talks and Laughs
Chapter 32: Vintage Buildings
Chapter 33: Unfinished Business
Chapter 34: The Great Rescue
Chapter 35: Old Wounds
Chapter 36: Guns and Lies
Chapter 37: A Clear Head
Chapter 38: Favored Sheltered
Chapter 39: Missing Pieces
Chapter 40: The Hyung Card
Chapter 41: Beware Of Snakes
Chapter 42: After So Long
Chapter 43: Gardens with Ponds
Chapter 44: Long Time, No See?
Chapter 45: Training Room
Chapter 46: Gain their Trust
Chapter 47: Accidental Encounters
Chapter 48: It Hurts
Chapter 49: Grown Up
Chapter 50: Song Youngsoo
Chapter 51: Noona
Chapter 52: You Messed Up
Chapter 53: Growing Distance
Chapter 54: Partners
Chapter 55: Useful Works
Chapter 57: Empty Dreams
Chapter 58: Hightime
Chapter 59: Trick or Trust
Chapter 60: Break-in
Chapter 61: Betrayal
Chapter 62: Not Worth It
Chapter 63: The Arrow And The Song
Chapter 64: The Three Spies
Chapter 65: Burning Hopes
Chapter 66: Birth And Death
Chapter 67: Moongazing
Chapter 68: Drunk In Jealousy
Chapter 69: Giggles and Soju
Chapter 70: North America
Chapter 71: Fierce Hatred
Chapter 72: Closed Case
Chapter 73: The Last Puzzle Piece
Chapter 74: Unknown Plan
Chapter 75: The Meeting
Chapter 76: Revenge Games
Chapter 77: The Final Fight
The End
Epilogue

Chapter 56: Apologies

10 4 0
By bora-bish

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N sat down at her usual place at the breakfast table. On her right, Yoongi and Hoseok were seated, while on her left Jimin and Jungkook were seated. Namjoon, Taehyung, Jin, and Maria were seated in the remaining places.

Sunghoon was still not allowed to get out of his room.

Even though Jimin and Jungkook were sitting next to Y/N, they made no approach to talk to her.

Neither did Y/N, for that matter.

"Hoseok Oppa, will you pass me the bread?" Y/N asked, even though the plate of bread was in front of Jungkook.

Hoseok passed it to her but also sent a disapproving glare in the direction of the trio.

"Will you three stop sulking and act like responsible people now?" Hoseok scolded.

"I am acting responsibly. But someone doesn't care about safety as much as we do." Jungkook emphasized the word giving a pointed glare to Y/N.

"She does care about unimportant things tho," Jimin glanced at the Kim brothers, but quickly averted his eyes.

Namjoon and Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in their seat, sensing the growing tension. Jin, however, stayed focused on the food.

"You need to stop acting like babies," Maria said, taking a bit of the toast.

Y/N smeared butter on her toast, rather aggressively, and everyone stopped talking.

"I think we all need to focus on works that are useful rather than our differences," Y/N said, successfully putting a stop to the topic.

Munching on the toast harder than necessary, Y/N flipped the pages of a random magazine she took from the table. She could hear Jimin mutter under his breath but decided not to question him.

Taehyung looked at Namjoon to find him already staring at him.

"What happened?" Taehyung mouthed.

"I have no idea," Namjoon mouthed back, shrugging slightly.

The breakfast continued, and so did Jimin's glares and Jungkook's eye rolls.

||

"Y/N!"

Y/N turned halfway to see Namjoon walking toward her in the hallway.

"What?" She asked dryly.

"I just..." Namjoon paused, looking everywhere but Y/N. "I was asking did you find anything about the attacker?"

Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.

Namjoon rubbed his neck as a pink tint colored his cheeks. "I was just curious, did I do something wrong?"

Y/N blinked. "I didn't quite understand the context?"

"Jimin and Jungkook were being pretty hostile towards us, I was just asking if something happened..." Namjoon trailed off as Y/N sent a narrowed glare in his direction.

Namjoon gulped under her gaze.

"You are sometimes too clever for your own bad, do you know that?" Y/N said.

"I was always told I'm nosy," Namjoon answered and realized a second too late what he had said.

"Hell yes, you are nosy. Yes, something happened and yes, you are a problem. Now, what would you do? Help me brainstorm the solution?" Y/N asked snidely.

Namjoon searched for an answer and then realized it was not a question but a sarcastic remark from Y/N's side.

He looked away from her, not knowing what to say.

Y/N noticed his expression, looking like a lost puppy. She sighed.

"We fought. Over something. And I have no idea how am I going to get to his good side." Y/N shrugged. "Maybe I'll think about it after everything is stable."

Namjoon looked back at her, surprised she even answered. Maybe she wasn't as cold as he thought her to be.

"Any ideas?" Y/N asked him, her eyes staring into his.

Namjoon began randomly. "Well if they are angry, and even apologizing doesn't work then maybe-"

"Wait, apologizing?" Y/N interrupted him.

"Yeah, apologizing. Saying sorry?" Namjoon offered.

"I know the meaning." Y/N waved him away. "I mean, what do you mean I need to apologize? People still do that?" Y/N asked incredulously.

"When did they stop?" Now it was Namjoon's turn to be confused. As far as he knew when people had fought the first thing was to apologize.

"Why would I apologize for something I didn't do?" Y/N said dramatically.

"Because intentional or not, the other person didn't like it?" Namjoon offered.

"That doesn't even make any sense!" Y/N huffed out a breath. "How do you know this will work?"

Namjoon thought for a second.

"Because whenever I bring animals to the house and Jin Hyung gets mad, I always apologize to him so he stops sulking," Namjoon said innocently.

"What animals?" Y/N narrowed her eyes.

"That's not the point, the point is you have to apologize!" Namjoon tried to explain to her.

Y/N thought about his words for a moment. They seemed to make sense, but at the same time did not make any sense.

Y/N glanced at Namjoon. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you giving me advice?"

"Jimin looks scary when he is not mad. But now he is mad, and he is much scarier. I would very much rather have the not-mad Jimin glare at me than this one." Namjoon shrugged.

Y/N didn't believe him. There must have been a motive.

But even Namjoon had no idea why he was doing this. To stay away from Jimin's hostile eyes? Well, he never really went to him anyways. He just didn't like the way they were now.

Jimin and Y/N had always been the close-knitted siblings and looking at them sending glares at each other, it felt like his favorite story has been turned into a badly directed movie and he didn't like it one bit.

"Maybe I'll take your free advice." Y/N shrugged.

It won't cause any harm anyways. If it did work, she will have her brother back.

||

"Jimin!"

Jimin ignored Taehyung as he entered his room. But Taehyung, being the stubborn person he was, entered Jimin's room anyways.

"Hey, it's my room you can't get in without my permission!" Jimin tried to throw Taehyung out of his room but the younger male didn't even budge from his place.

"You can't. Not until you have talked to me." Taehyung stood there rooting in his place.

"Why are you being so weird?" Jimin snapped at Taehyung.

"You are the one who is being weird!" Taehyung snapped back.

"Ever since yesterday when you guys were doing god-knows-what, you aren't even talking to me. You had promised I will also help in finding Giho and everything, but you didn't even tell me anything. What has happened, why are you being like this?"

Jimin closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to calm himself. He knew if Taehyung didn't leave he would snap all of his anger at him, and that was dangerous.

"Why do you even care? It's not like we are best buddies that I need to tell you everything? You are our rivals, your family is associated with our enemies, why should I let you in our investigation?" Jimin said angrily.

"Because I thought we were friends! And friends tell each other everything!" Taehyung yelled.

"We are not!" Jimin yelled back.

They both stood there staring at each other, chests heaving, both filled with anger.

Taehyung shook his head taking a step back.

"Sorry for thinking you are a human who could make friends. But you must remember, my family might have been your enemy but I'm not. Whether you believe it or not. Even I could say the same for you, but I didn't. I guess I understood my mistake now."

Taehyung slammed the door shut.

Jimin still stood there wondering why did he feel so bad when this is exactly what should have happened?

||

Vote for President Namjoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 2.3K 27
What happens when a rude, stubborn, but genius and handsome CEO meets his nemesis who hates everything about him? ...Or does she? "Can't there be a s...
1.1M 43.5K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
34.9K 2.3K 48
After 2 years of hiding from everyone, Jeon/ Ito Y/N finally became one of the most respected doctors in Japan. While trying to lead her life normall...
135K 4.1K 34
What will happen when a innocent angle y/n will bumb into a mafia leader and later other mafia's get obsessed with her and want to maker her there's...