Romeo and Juliet ยป Lucas Friar

By urlocalsinn3r

Juliet Cameron never really believed in soulmates and frankly doesn't have time for it, ironic since her pare... More

ROMEO AND JULIET
i. philadelphia meets texas
ii. buldozer in pink sweater
iv. romeo, juliet, and farkle!?
v. opposite sex boys
vi. career day
vii. the new smackle

iii. tiktok shake your body time

755 34 26
By urlocalsinn3r

  ———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

( act i : scene iii )

JULIET GRABBED HER textbooks from her locker. She looked to her left and spotted Riley and Maya. Riley watched in awe as the ninth grader applied her makeup.

"Look at that ninth-grade women. She's putting on makeup. We're going to be ninth grade women someday." Riley said optimistically with a wide smile on her face.

"This thing goes to ninth grade?"
Maya asked and groaned in annoyance.

"Yes, sadly." Juliet answered sneaking up beside the girls.

"Why that." Riley asked pointing at the eyelash curler she was using.

"Brings out your eyes." Maya explained to Riley.

"Why would I wanna take out my eyes." Riley asked nervously.

"She not taking out her eyes." Juliet explained from behind her friends.

"And I think she is." Riley told her friends pointing at the girl.

Overhearing the girl's conversation even though she couldn't help it they were literally standing a foot away she spoke up.

"It's an eyelash curler it doesn't even hurt."
the girl said handing the tool to Riley.

"I have eyelashes." Riley says chuckling nervously.

"Watch this." Maya told the ninth-grade girl while grinning.

"Oh, boy." Juliet said having a bad feeling about this. She and Maya sat next to the ninth grader and watched the scene unfold in front of their very own eyes.

Riley placed the curler on her eye and closed it causing it to clamp her whole eye shut. Riley started yelling in pain.

"Anyone else would stop." Maya stated while Juliet shook her head in discontent.

"Riley, how is it that you're the only person I know that could make curling your eyelashes dangerous?" Juliet asked looking disappointed, but the brunette kept yelling.

Finally, Mr. Matthews approached the scene and looked at his daughter. "Open it." Mr. Matthews stated which somehow worked because Riley unclamped her eye.

"Thanks, Daddy." Riley said.

"Yea, Okay." Mr. Matthews said quickly walking away.

"Yea, Okay." Riley said giving the girl back her curler.

"Ladies." Farkle said approached before they could walk away.

"Farkle." All three of the girls said in unison.

"School dance. I'm going to put you three down for dance numbers one through all of them. We will alternate. You and Me, Me and You. When you're not dancing with me you may not dance with anyone else. So, you may sit and wait until you dance with me again." Farkle said going over his list of demands.

"Yeah, that's not happening little man." Juliet said motioning her finger between herself and then back to Farkle quickly shutting him down.

"Oh well, may I have one dance with each of you?" Farkle asked.

"Sure." Riley accepted.

"Ha! that's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle." He said with smirk and walked away.

"Hey, guys." Lucas greeted the girls.

"Lucas!" Riley exclaimed raising her hand.

"Hand." Maya said.

"Yea, don't do that." Juliet said forcing Riley's arm down.

"Lucas." Riley said again.

"Grown-up voice." Juliet said.

"Lucas, hello." Riley said changing her tone while getting closer to him.

"Hey, Heehaw. You going to Tick-Tock Shake Your Body Time, because you know, it's not a square dance, so not gonna be a whole lot of do-si-doin." Juliet teased.

"Well then, I'm sure I'll have no idea what to do and ya'll can make fun of me." Lucas said with a smirk on his face walking closer to her.

"You're not playing this right." Juliet pointed her finger at him.

"Oh, well that's certainly not my intention. I'll try harder next time." he said bringing his finger up to her nose and booped it. She flinched and looked at him in disbelief.

"I will break you." Juliet said.

"Well, if that's what makes you happy, I certainly can't wait for it ma'am." he said winking and tipping his invisible cowboy hat.

"Well played Friar, well played." Juliet said eyeing the Texas boy.

You going to the school dance, Lucas?" Riley asked.

"Thought I would. You?" Lucas asked.

Maya starts to mimic a gagging sound causing Riley turned around. "You hear me?" Maya pretended to gag again.

"You both be there, he'll be the one in the cowboy hat going like this."

She started breaking out in a ridiculous dance. Everyone started to gather around her and cheer. The bell had rang but only Riley and Lucas went to class while the rest of the students started cheering Maya on.

Juliet quickly pulled out her phone and started recording her with a big grin on her face. Then Maya stopped and turned towards the crowd of students.

"It isn't for you." Maya said but they didn't care they continued to cheer her on.

"Aw c'mon Hart, give the people what they want." Juliet said still recording her.

"Okay, fine." Maya said deciding to give in and continued to dance for the crowd.

———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

Juliet sat at her bay window strumming the thick chords of her guitar. Playing the instrument gave her a sense of peace and warmth.

She was reminded of the good old days when her dad would play for her every night. Juliet started to get teary eyed realizing how much she missed him. Suddenly there was knock at her door she quickly wiped her eyes.

"Come in." Juliet spoke up her voice coming out shaky. Eva walked in holding a black leather jacket and sat next to her daughter.

"Hola cariño, ¿qué estás haciendo?" { Hi sweetheart, what are you doing? }

Eva asked looking at her daughter knowing she was upset but tried not to pry too much.

"I'm fine, just practicing haven't played in a while. I'm kind of rusty." Juliet said quietly placing her guitar to the side.

"It's okay to miss him sweetheart." Ms. Cameron said reassuring her daughter.

"Part of me misses him and the other part hates him for leaving us." Juliet admitted looking at the wall and not wanting her mother to see her cry.

Eva noticed how her daughter's mood faltered.
She cuffed her right hand to Juliet's left cheek. Her thumb caressing her face, wiping the dried up tears.

"Hey, look at me. You are allowed to feel how you want about your father and no one can tell you otherwise. Your father may have played a tiny part, but I did it all on my own." Eva says as she begins to tear up but then continues. "It's his loss that he's missed out raising four amazing and intelligent children. You guys are the best thing that has happened to me and don't you forget it okay."

Juliet pulls her mom in for a big hug they stay there for a while. Until Juliet notices the jacket her mom is still holding from when she walked in.

"Hey, nice jacket where'd you get it from?" Juliet asked.

"Oh right, that's why I came in here. I wanted you to have this. An old friend gave it to me, but I've seemed to outgrow it." Eva passed the jacket to Juliet who had a smile on her face.

"Plus it brings back too many memories and poor choices that I'd like to forget." Juliet looked up at her mother.

"Mom, are you saying you had a rebellious side?" she said smirking at her mom curious to know her mother's secrets.

Eva quirked her eyebrows and giving her daughter a knowing that she should stop talking. Juliet gave her an awkward smile. Eva cleared her throat.

"Anyway, I was talking to Topanga about the dance this Friday." Juliet looked suspiciously at her mom waiting for her to get to the point.

"Yea, what about it." Juliet asked.

Eva scooted closer to her and held a grin on her face. "Are there any cute boys you think will ask you to dance." Juliet rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Mom." she started pleading from her to stop talking.

"Or girls I don't judge sweetheart."

"Mom, please stop." Juliet fell back onto her bay window.

"What about Lucas." An annoying but familiar voice hit Juliet's ears. There stood Demetrius leaning against the doorway with a bowl of frosted flakes in his hand. Juliet quickly rose up staring at her twin brother.

"Ooh, who's Lucas? How come you've never talked about him before?"

Eva asked looking back and forth between her youngest children waiting for someone to spill. "Because, there's nothing to talk about. Ranger Rick is just some boy." Juliet explained to her mother.

"Nothing else." she said sternly looking at her brother this time.

Demetrius stood there shoving cereal in his mouth. "No need to be in denial my dear twin sister". he said with cheeky smile.

Juliet quickly picked up a pillow an threw it at him but Demetri dodged it and stuck his tongue out.

"Hah. You missed me." he said cockily challenging his twin which was a big mistake. A pillow came crashing with his face making him stumble.
———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

"Friar."

"Farkle."

"Hart."

"Cameron."

Mr. Matthews greeted the four with a smile and they all took their assigned seats.

When Riley walked in Mr. Matthews mood completely changed. "You." he said still upset with his daughter.

"Dad, I didn't-." Riley spoke up trying to explain but Mr. Matthews cut her off by making a weird noise motioning his hand for her to slide her mouth.

"Okay." Riley said giving in and walking to her desk taking a seat.

"Well, guys I've got your test results on Darwin to give back to you and, uh I'm pleased to see some of you have evolved since the last quiz."
Mr. Matthews chuckled awkwardly at his own joke.

"Boo." Juliet said aloud cringing at the awful joke causing Mr. Matthews to glare at her.

She looked around the room innocently while she slouched down in her chair slowly trying to blend in.

Farkle let out a forced robotic laugh like always.

"Thanks Farkle."Mr. Matthews said.

"Well, you were drowning, sir." Farkle admitted.

Mr. Matthews started to hand out everyone's work.

Juliet sat there shaking her leg anxiously waiting to see her grade. She always felt the need to put major pressure on herself to be the best it was her strength and weakness.

"Ms. Hart." he said handing her paper back to her.

"Mr. Friar, nice work." Corey said praising the boy good work. 

"Thank you, sir." Lucas said with a big smile.

Mr. Matthews approached Riley's row and gave Farkle his paper. "Mr. Farkle." Corey announced handing him his paper.

" 'A' number seven hundred. Huzzah!" Farkle celebrated by pulling out a noisemaker and blowing it.

Corey got to her desk and he handed Juliet her paper marked with a big red A+.

"You." Mr. Matthews says bitterly still holding a grudge towards his daughter.

"You okay?"Riley asked her blonde best friend.

"He gave me an F." Maya said.

Juliet overheard the conversation between her friends. "That's nuts. You're a solid D student."
Juliet said.

"Mr. Friar, I took particular note of your position that evolution does not preclude the existence of... How did you put it?." Corey asked the boy.

"A guiding hand that has your best interested at heart." Lucas stated.

Maya raised her hand getting the attention of Mr. Matthews. "Yes, Ms. Hart?" he asked looking at his blonde student.

"You failed me." Maya said.

"Why don't we talk about this after class?"
Mr. Matthews suggested not wanting to talk in front of everyone. "What's there to talk about?. You failed me."Maya continued.

"You think I'm a failure." Maya said taking a stand and handing Mr. Matthews her paper back.

"There's nothing left for you to teach me." she said.

" Oh, come on! Both of you gotta say that?"
Corey exclaimed looking back and forth between Riley and Maya.

Maya looked at Riley and Juliet before she began to walk towards the down.

"What, you mean I lost you both?"
Mr. Matthews said still talking to Maya and Riley.

"Maya." Corey shouted causing Maya to turn around. "You do not walk out of here!", he said but she ended up walking out anyway.

Riley rose her hand but she didn't need to say anything she grabbed Juliet and they were dismissed from class. Mr. Matthews watched as his daughter and Juliet chased after their best friend.

When he turned around the whole class had their hands raised.

"No." he blurted out dismissing his students request.

———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

"You made your point, okay? You didn't come to school today and you teacher is really upset with you", Riley said.

"He's not my teacher anymore. I now attend a prestigious online academy." Maya said clicking a key on her laptop.

"Welcome to the Frank Mantucci on Da computer school. Where youse get out of it what you put into it an what you need to put into it is 400 dollars. Gimme." the man with a Brooklyn accent said coming from the screen.

"You paid that?" Riley asked in disbelief.

"Free Trial. I took the test to see if I qualify for the free trial." Maya replied.

"Maya it's a scam they take anybody." Juliet spoke.

"Congratulations." the man said.

"I got in." Maya said with excitement.

"You are the first person to ever fail the Frank Mantucci on Da computer school. How'd you do that ?" the computer said.

"How'd you do dat?" Juliet and Riley asked in unison mimicking the man.

"We asked 'Name?' you didn't put nuttin." he said.

" Well, at least you were smart enough not to give them your name." Juliet stated.

"Its not that I'm smart enough." Maya said.

"Then what is it?" Juliet asked the blonde.

"Maybe sometimes. I'm not not so proud of who I am." Maya admitted.

Suddenly the door opened and Topanga walked in. "How's it going in here?" Topanga asked the girls.

"Mom, tell Maya to come back to school--regular school." Riley told her mom.

"Hm..so you don't like this, huh?" Topanga asked sitting in between Maya and Juliet.

"Where ya going with this Topanga." Juliet asked knowing the woman had a lesson up her sleeve. I mean after all she did marry Corey Matthews.

"Of course not Maya always comes to school with us!. She always picks me up at 7 and then we go get Juliet. I look forward to it." Riley expressed.

"Like a tradition?" Topanga said.

"Hah there it is." Juliet said pointing at Topanga with a grin and looked over to Riley.

"Yeah! Oh." Riley said finally understanding.

You know, even though you're a mother, that was creepy good." Riley admitted.

"So Maya doesn't show up like she's supposed to and how does that makes you feel?" Topanga asked.

"Oh." Riley said holding her hands to her heart.

"Honey, you have to go to him. He feels bad. You have to got to your father." Topanga told her daughter.

"I feel bad. Will he come to me?" Maya said.

"No. He's your teacher. He doesn't have to." Riley said.

"But he will." Topanga told her.

"What?" Maya asked with a confused expression.

"He doesn't have to, but he will." Topanga said.

"Why?" Riley asked.

"Because he's always there." Topanga told the girls.

Right on time Corey walked in the room and reached his hand out towards Maya waiting for her to grab it. The two made their way downstairs with Juliet following behind.

———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

Corey unfolded Maya's quiz and placed it on the table. "Read it." Corey told her.

"I don't wanna do this Mr. Matthews." Maya said getting up from the table.

"Sit down." Juliet said with her arms crossed standing next to Riley who was leaning against the wall.

"You can't tell me-" Maya tried to argue back but was cut out but a voice.

"She just did." Riley told her.

Maya looked back at Corey with disbelief and he just stood there nodding his head. Maya gave in and sat down.

"Thanks. Go Ahead." Riley said sitting in the chair next to Maya and Juliet sat at the head of the table seat.

"Darwin Animal studies were thought to be when the travel he took on the boat with the Beetles." Maya began to reading.

"Are you kidding me?" Riley blurted out.

"Does she have to be here?" Maya asked while pointing at Riley.

"What were you trying to do?" Juliet asked sympathetically.

"I tried to write it like I was smart."
Maya admitted to the three of them.

"You are smart." Riley told her grabbing onto her hand.

"What did you mean to say?" Corey asked.

"Darwin studied animals." Maya said.

"What kind." Mr. Matthews asked.

" I don't know." Maya responded getting a little frustrated.

"She does know." Riley told her father.

"I don't know. You think I don't know what I don't know?" Maya argued back.

"I think you know more than you don't know but you don't know that." Riley said.

"You know what?" Maya said.

"What did Darwin study?" Riley asked.

"Birds." Maya said.

"There you go." Mr. Matthews said.

"Really? I got that one wrong." Riley admitted.

"Oh really, cause I got that one right." Juliet said her words coming off a little braggy. All three of them looked at her.

"You wanna be smart, Maya? Say what you mean I understood that perfectly, and you're correct." Corey told her.

"That's all I had to say?" Maya asked.

"What was the name of his boat?"Corey said.

"The Beatles." Maya answered.

"Its the Beagle. Its a tiny difference, but an important one." Corey corrected her.

"Because if you know it Maya you wont fail it."
Corey told her.

"I want to not fail." Maya said.

"What kind of birds did he study?" Corey asked.

"I don't know." Maya said.

"You do." Juliet told her.

"Finches." Maya said

"And what else." Riley asked.

"Finches and Mockingbirds." Maya said.

"Yes." Corey said proudly.

"Yes." Juliet and Riley said in unison.

"How did you guys know she knew."
Corey asked the girls as Topanga walked in.

"I know she listens to you." Riley told her father.

"Believe or not Matthews, but as hard as we try to block you out we still end up learning something everyday and trust me its annoying." Juliet admitted but mostly joking.

"I listen to you." Maya told him.

"Then you won't fail and then neither will I."
Corey said.

"How about some turkey sandwiches?" Topanga asked.

"Darwin didn't study turkey, He studies finches and mockingbirds, His boat was the Beagle." Maya said.

"And for extra credit?"Corey asked.

"Galapagos. The islands he studies were the Galapagos." Maya responded.

"Because she listens to me." Corey said looking at his wife and smirking.

"Hey, Maya watch this." Corey said changing Maya's F into an A.

"You're giving me an A." Maya asked smiling big.

"No I'm giving you an C+ but I want you to see how easily an F can become an A." Corey said.

"Nothing to be ashamed of anymore, Maya."
Riley told her best friend.

" My dad doesn't live with us." Maya said before she was cut off.

"It's okay." Riley said not wanting her best friend to feel forced to share.

"He's got this new family." Maya said.

"Since we're on the subject on crappy dads. I get it Maya, believe me." Juliet said.

"Maya, you don't have to--" Topanga said.

"I do have to. I have to be able to talk to you. If you give me an F, if you decide I'm not worth working on-" Maya said wanting to get it off her chest.

"Maya, Take a look around you. We're all her for you. Does this look like we think you're not worth working on?" Corey asked.

I just don't want to fail, Mr. Matthews. Thank you." Maya told him.

"I don't wanna go to the dance. The dance doesn't matter to me at all. I want to go on the Cyclone with you more than anything in the world." Riley told her dad.

"You're going to the dance." Corey told Riley.

"Hooray." Riley said like she ran out of air.

"I'm going to chaperone." Corey said with a smug look on his ace.

"What's that mean." Riley asked with her hand raised.

"Hand." Maya said causing Riley to put her hand down.

"What's that mean?" Riley asked again.

"Grown-up voice." Juliet said.

"Lucas, Hello." Riley said instead.

"What's that mean." Corey asked confused as ever.
———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

Everyone was dancing except Juliet.

She was watching as Riley and Lucas dance and while Farkle and Maya attempt to doing the tango, at least that's what she assumed they were doing. When she danced with Farkle it's like he had two left feet.

The song came to an end and Mr. Matthews started to speak into the microphone. So Juliet got up and stood next to her friends.

"Well guys, It looks like the night is winding down. We hoped you all enjoyed the dance. But before we go, I noticed some father have arrived to pick up their daughters. I wonder if we might have one last dance." Mr. Matthews said and everyone started to cheer.

"A father-daughter dance." Mr. Matthews said looking at the girls and walking off the stage and over to them.

"May I please have this dance?" he asked Maya reaching his hand out taking her to the dance floor. Corey reached his hand out signaling Riley to come over.

"Looks like maybe we have a new tradition."
Riley said.

"That's okay. Traditions are supposed to evolve just like daughters. Sometimes daughters just need... What was that again, Mr. Friar?"
Corey asked.

"A guiding hand that has your best interest in heart." Lucas said.

"Hey, Range Rick be honest the hat is just for me isn't it. You actually put thought into this little game, don't you?" Juliet asked while nudging him with her elbow.

"I do actually." Lucas said taking off his hat and placing it on Juliet's head.

"There's still a whole lot I need you to teach me, dad." Riley said.

"Thank you, Riley." Corey told his daughter

"There's still whole lot I need you to teach me, to." Juliet said walking over to them an holding Riley's hand.

"Hey, he's still my dad." Riley said.

"Whatever you say." Juliet tells her.

"You do know that you're my father, right?"
Riley asked.

"Yeah, I'm your father." Corey said with emphasis of the 'your' part.

"Thank you Riley." He said.

"How's that for make-up." she asked.

"Perfect." Corey told her.

———————✮ °˖ ♫⋆。˚꩜ ———————

URLOCALSINN3R has entered the chat..
hey guys I'm back sorry I haven't updated in a while but please go like and follow my tiktok @urlocalsinn3r

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 843 12
[ongoing - marked as complete so it won't be deleted] in which aria matthews takes on the world. girl meets world season 1 lucas friar x oc *slow upd...
8.8K 622 11
"when am i gonna stop being great for my age and just start being good? when will it stop being cool to be quietly misunderstood?" or maya hart final...
26.2K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in
168K 3.9K 44
Verity Avalon Bradford. She loves her twin sister more than anything. Together, they're starting the 7th grade. A new boy, Lucas Friar, comes to scho...