Shudders: Retribution

By Lilas___

[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Awakening
Chapter 3 - The Kill
Chapter 4 - The Trailer
Chapter 5 - The Fabric
Chapter 6 - The Geese
Chapter 7 - The Motel
Chapter 8 - The Trees
Chapter 9 - The Stable
Chapter 10 - The Stable pt. 2
Chapter 11 - The Partners
Chapter 12 - The Map
Chapter 13 - The Storm
Chapter 14 - The Skull
Chapter 15 - The Vines
Chapter 16 - The Shot
Chapter 17 - The Boy
Chapter 18 - The Beach
Chapter 19 - The Trio
Chapter 20 - The Guns
Chapter 21 - The Moment
Chapter 22 - The Stunt
Chapter 23 - The Alone
Chapter 24 - The Repeat
Chapter 25 - The Questioning
Chapter 26 - The Bittersweet
Chapter 27 - The Disturbance
Chapter 28 - The Confrontation
Chapter 29 - The Decision
Chapter 30 - The Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Realization
Chapter 32 - The Argument
Chapter 33 - The Help
Chapter 34 - The Gap
Chapter 35 - The Training
Chapter 36 - The Robbery
Chapter 37 - The Sewers
Chapter 38 - The Appreciation
Chapter 39 - The Dream
Chapter 40 - The Peace
Chapter 41 - The Note
Chapter 42 - The Broken Heart
Chapter 43 - The Hostage
Chapter 44 - The Oblivious
Chapter 45 - The Apology
Chapter 46 - The Cut
Chapter 47 - The Train Yard
Chapter 48 - The Mother
Chapter 49 - The Love
Chapter 50 - The Address
Chapter 51 - The Release
Chapter 52 - The Despondent
Chapter 53 - The Answer
Chapter 54 - The Interrogation
Chapter 55 - The Make Up
Chapter 56 - The Covetous
Chapter 57 - The Clash
Chapter 58 - The Room
Chapter 59 - The Hold
Chapter 60 - The Traitor
Chapter 61 - The Fate
Chapter 62 - The Party
Chapter 63 - The Peril
Chapter 64 - The Puppet
Chapter 65 - The Lovers
Chapter 66 - The End
QnA
Fanart

Chapter 2 - The Savior

2.7K 198 293
By Lilas___

"Amazing..."

     Cold claws touched her skin and worked towards her lips. Slightly lifting them up to reveal two large fangs that were slowly developing. 

      Then the claws made their way to her eyes. They were half-lidded but her (e/c) irises were slowly losing pigment and gaining a milky look that fascinated them. Everything about her was fascinating. 

     Her body jerked as she coughed up the black blood that was circulating throughout her body, making its changes as it went. Some of the blood seeped through her lips and when the claws touched it, the blood started to burn. 

      And so did their heart.

      (Y/N) was startled awake from her sleep. Sweat graced her forehead and chest but the memory of the dream had vanished. But it left her feeling tense. 

     She was laying on her stomach on top of some large wooden crate which wasn't comfortable and the heat from a fire gave some warmth to her skin that felt cold as ice. The sound of water, seagulls, and the kindling from the fire relaxed her a bit but when she tried to lift herself up, a sharp pain from her side made her hiss in pain.

      She managed to turn on her side and weakly lift her shirt to see bandages wrapping up her wound. Wasn't just that but also a bandage on her head that was covered with a bandana to keep it secure. 

     Her body protested against her moving but she needed to. What if they found her again? She can't let them catch her. Using an arm to lift herself up and moving her legs to help her to her feet, she was too weak to support herself for long. She gasped when her arm slipped and she went tumbling over the crate. She braced for the landing but suddenly her body was caught in midair. 

      She was floating? She wasn't being held up by wires or anything! She was floating!

      Slowly her body ascended back up to the crate and was carefully placed back down onto it. She was rested on her back this time as she craned her neck up to meet the upside-down red eyes of the demon that saved her. This time with his face now exposed. He had light skin that was slightly tanned from the sun, two small black horns on his that were covered by his long blond hair that was freely flowing around him. He was tall and a bit slim but his whole appearance could be mistaken as human if it weren't for the horns, eyes, and tail.

      His eyes moved away from hers as he walked past her form and towards a smaller crate near the fire that had a rucksack laying next to it. "If I were you, I wouldn't try moving. You'll reopen the wound."

      (Y/N) went to speak but stopped, carefully touching her injured side. He patched her up?

"Don't even know how you're still alive. It's a miracle you even made it this far." He muttered as he bent down to open up the rucksack and retrieved a notebook from inside. A rather withered but still usable one.

"Are we-" She turned to look behind her and see a small tree line but some buildings as well nearby. The fading sunset was making the area darker around them. "Did they follow us..?"

"As far as I'm aware, no." He answered while jotting down something in the notebook with a pen he also pulled out.

      (Y/N) was able to pull herself to a sitting position. Upon doing so, she saw just ahead of her a large lake that traveled far into the horizon. She could see trees and some smaller buildings across the lake and a couple of boats quietly floating in the water. Some were slightly damaged while others were completely flipped over or capsized. She didn't recognize this lake. Or even anywhere she's been in the last hours. Her community was situated deep in a forest in the middle of a clearing that no one, not even demons came to. How did she end up near a lake? How long has she been running..?

"Did you piss off those Elitists idiots for them to be gunning for you?" The male demon spoke, pulling her from her thoughts. 

"Elitists?" Is that what they were called? 

     He pulled out a compass from his pocket and checked it before going back to writing. "A deranged group of demons obsessed with whatever they are obsessed with it. Everyone with a brain knows to stay away from them."

      They were the ones who took her home. Took everything from her...

      He noticed her silence and finally looked up. She was staring down at the ground below them with a solemn face that told him everything. They must've done something to her. They always do something to those who aren't one of them. But why were so many after her? When he was carrying her out he saw about a dozen of them. They were all saying 'find the girl' and tearing each store they entered upside down in search of her. That didn't seem like they simply wanted to kill her. 

     (Y/N) folded her closed hands together but felt sharp pricks in her palms. When she took a glance at them she saw that her nails were grown out. They were now thicker and sharp that if she wasn't careful she could accidentally cut herself. 

      The male demon saw her surprised look upon just seeing her claws. Her eyes lifted to look at his similar hands then back to hers with an even more surprised expression. Was she not supposed to have claws?

      The black blood, the claws, the fact that she didn't die from exhaustion, or the amount of blood she lost. Humans don't behave like this. Humans don't have sharp claws or black blood that burns when exposed to air! 

      She's a demon...

      They turned her into a demon...

      The male demon thought she was acting bizarrely. Being scared of the Elitists made sense but why was she freaking out over her appearance? Was she not supposed to look like how she does?

      (Y/N) clenched her waist with her arms. This can't be real. This has to be a nightmare. Her community being ravaged, everyone dying, that burning rotten liquid that was forced into her, all the blacking out and the memories of that thing that did this to her has to be one long nightmare she can't wake up from. 

      It feels too real. She doesn't want it to feel real.

      A tear slowly fell from her eye that mixed in with the dried black blood that was still on her face. Everything was ripped away from her. Even her humanity.

"I'm a... I'm a demon..." She painfully whispered. Almost like saying it caused her great pain.

"Were you not?" Came the voice of the demon who saved her which made her look up at him. She grabbed his full attention. She meekly shook her head as her tongue felt the two fangs in her mouth. They were large. Larger than her normal teeth.

      He raised an eyebrow. If she wasn't a demon before, then she was..?

"They did this to me..." She tearfully whimpered. Why would they do this? The screams she had heard. They were of her people. Those Elitists must've tried to turn them too. But why?! And how?! How is she a demon?!

'She was a human?' The male demon thought. The Elitists turned her into a demon? They must have a demon who can possess but she's clearly not possessed. She wouldn't be acting like this if she was. She obviously didn't survive the possession either. Her blood is black, that's proof enough.

      They were able to turn her into a demon without possessing her?

      Hours passed until the sun had fully gone down and was replaced by the starry night sky and the bright moon above. Neither demons spoke to the other since earlier. 

      (Y/N) was balled up on the crate she laid on, having since stopped crying and was now staring at the sky. She didn't move, she didn't speak, she just kept her milky eyes on the sky.

      Her savior chose to leave her alone and focused back on his notebook. But what he had learned earlier has been bugging him. How were they able to turn her without possession? Were they just going around doing this to other humans? Is that why they were trying so hard to catch her? He expected to just patch the girl up and leave her to her lonesome but now question after question was filling his mind. He only knew of the Elitists being just a group of ravenous demons but now there must be something more to them if they're capable of doing... this!

"What's... your name?" 

      He looked up at the sound of her faint voice. She wasn't looking at him but had her head turned slightly towards him. 

      He did save her and she's still here. Why not? "Yama."

      She glance at him just as he looked back down to his notebook. She then balled up even more into herself. Her body felt cold even though it was summer and there is a fire nearby. "I'm... (Y/N)."

      Silence fell between the two of them. Only the crackle of the fire filled the space.

"Why did you help me..?" She carefully asked. She didn't want to sound ungrateful but he did try to leave her at first.

"Don't question it. You'll rarely find help out here." He answered. "I was close to just leaving you so be happy I didn't."

      It didn't sound like he was trying to be mean, more so just stating a fact. If he did leave her... they would've gotten to her.

      The sun was beginning to rise but the sky was still dark. (Y/N) awoken from the small amount of sleep she was able to get to Yama kicking dirt into the firepit that had long since sizzled out. The rest she was able to get did help her gain some energy but her body still pained her. She had to take it slowly trying to get up.

      Yama was flipping through the notebook he had again and found a page that he concentrated on. His red eyes skimmed over something before he closed it up and placed it inside the rucksack he carried. She realized he was about to leave so she got to her first and positioned her right arm over her wound. She didn't have the bruises from the wires anymore. Did she heal that quickly?

      When the male demon started walking, he heard her begin to follow. He didn't even say she can tag along with him.

       (Y/N) noticed he had stopped once she got closer and looked up to meet his questioning eyes. "What?"

"You don't have anywhere else you need to be?" He grunted. "I patched you up. You should be fine soon so you don't have to follow me."

       He was just going to leave her?! "But- I don't have anywhere to go!" 

"Not even a single place?" 

      Her only home was destroyed. She's never set foot outside of it. Due to this she slowly shook her head which made Yama huff. This was supposed to be a normal trip for him. He didn't expect nor prepared for company.

"I don't want them to find me..." She pleaded. "I won't be trouble, I promise! I'll die out here!"

      She wasn't lying about that part. She was half dead when he came across her. Only being able to push forward from adrenaline alone. But that didn't mean he wanted her to stick around. He's been alone for years and intended to keep it that way. Yama stepped away from her and looked like he was going over his options. Head in the air and a deep annoyed huff that was clear he didn't want her to come with him. But what else was she supposed to do? She can't even run without her body aching up. Not to mention her wound was still very fresh.

       If he allowed her to come along that means that she'll be something he'll have to keep alive. Which also means a dead weight. Something that could ultimately get him killed if she drags him down during the wrong moment. All the more reason to just leave her here and let her figure out survival on her own.

      But then there's her unique situation of how she even got here. She wasn't even a demon not too long ago. He's been doing his best to avoid the Elitists but because of that, he doesn't know that much about them.

       And she's already revealed quite a bit about them. Information that has already bewildered him.

'Why couldn't she just be some random demon?'

       He looked back at her while she was staring up at him. Hoping, praying he would let her come with him. He was really going to consider it...

"Are you always this trusting of strangers?" He muttered.

       She shrugged and looked away. "You're the first demon who hasn't tried to hurt me..."

      All she knows are those Elitists.

"Fine." He grunted after a couple of seconds, turning on his feet so he doesn't have to see those milky (e/c) eyes of hers. "Don't be a nuisance or I'm dropping you."

       (Y/N)'s eyes widened and she quickly did her best to catch up to him without angering her side. He was letting her come with? She took his advice from earlier and decided not to question him, scared that he'll change his mind.

       She glanced back at the makeshift fire pit and then to the early morning sky above before following after her savior.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 123 21
(y/n) was an (age) years old, who had a decent life and an loving family, however a tragic incident took their family from them. After years of fight...
292K 12.6K 52
-The story in which Y/N is transported into another dimension by a demon she was trying to slay and is now stuck in the demon slayer universe. -The u...
47.3K 2K 32
(He's Like A Hyacinth) ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ɪɴᴄᴜʙᴜs x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ Inspired by the incubus chapter of Devil's waltz.... ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ -Gore -Sexual content -Slow Burn ...
401K 28K 61
[Yandere Demons x Reader] Reclamation Day The day that marks when humanity begins its journey above ground in an attempt to reclaim the lan...