The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

Por Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... Más

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 9: Taking Action

2.3K 115 31
Por Lotus_Horizon

  The sun was setting as you arrived back at the manor, going back to your room. You laid in your bead, spinning the barrel of your pepperbox, you haven't shot it in some time, you miss the days you'd be out hunting monsters and beasts of other calibers. Though the fight you had with Marishka made you think about your life in a way. How each monster, some at least were once human. You never thought you'd be in this city of monsters, having a monster as your close friend, and then another monster as your lover. If anyone in your family knew, especially your mother, then they would lose their mind.

Y/N: 'But, even if I did go back, I realize now that I am not as strong as they are. I can't even fight Aleera or Marishka, and Verona is much stronger than they are presumably. How was Abraham able to kill Dracula at all? Can a man overcome a monster like that? Or in my case, can a boy overcome any at all. Were all my other kills just dumb luck? Or were they that weak in comparison.'

  The constant clicking of your pepper box filled your ears like a metronome. You were unsure how to view life. Any boy would leap at the opportunity of being surrounded by powerful women, one who loves you, one who cares enough about you to not kill you, and the other who showers you with gifts out of seemingly nowhere, but is still scary as hell. 

  Then your thoughts returned to Robin.

Y/N: 'I thought he'd be more irritating. But he makes me realize how dark I really am. I found him irritating at first, and even thought about killing him before. But then he had to be nice, and that damn smile. That sweet damn smile of his.'

Y/N: 'Was I wrong my whole life? Maybe, even in the most wicked of beings, there is maybe at least a glint of kindness? Hmm. But that doesn't erase that there is pure evil that has to be dealt with. But where is the evil, if not in this city of monsters? Am I even needed anymore?'

  While you were in thought, you heard tapping at your window, it was the raven. You opened it as it flew around your room, before landing on your shoulder.

Y/N: Pesky little creature of death. Why not bother someone else.

  While that thought crossed your mind, you had an idea. Going to your desk, you take a black feather, dip it in ink and write it on the parchment. rolling it up into a small scroll, you tie it to the birds leg.

Y/N: Go and give that to Robin. He shouldn't be fast asleep just yet.

  The raven caws as it flies out of the window. You lay back on your bed just staring at the ceiling. Though your thoughts ran on in your mind. You were so very curious, but summed those thoughts up to amounting to nothing. Sitting in your bed until the dark hours role in.

Y/N: Mayhaps I've lost my edge? Maybe all I am destined for in life is a vampire's concubine. . . Maybe, my days of hunting are truly behind me?

???: I wouldn't say all that darling.

  Your heart skips a beat as you leap up and see Verona standing over the edge of your bed looking down at you. Her eyes were the only thing you could make out in the dark room.

Y/N: How long have you been there?

Verona: Not too long. I decided to stop by because I could feel your sadness all the way from downstairs. What's got you troubled love? Is Aleera not giving you the attention you desire?

Y/N: Somehow I find it hard to believe you care.

  Verona stared at you for a moment, before walking over to your window, opening the curtains fully, letting the moonlight enter the room.

Verona: You know, I think I can understand how you feel. At least to somedegree.

Y/N: Really? I find that hard to believe.

  Verona turns to you, caressing your face, taking of your glasses.

Verona: What if I could help all those bad feelings go away?

  You felt unable to speak as you looked into her eyes. It was almost like a curse gripped your heart, forcing your eyes to lock onto hers. You feel unable to break away from her as she traces her cold finger over your lips.

Verona: I could take away all of your pain, all you'd have to do is let me in.

  Verona lightly pushes you back on the bed as she lightly kisses the side of your face that trace down to your neck. She uses her longer than normal tongue to lick around a certain spot of your neck, making your nerves shudder with excitement. She  lays next to you, whispering into your ear.

Verona: I can make all the pain and confusion go away if you'd like. All you have to do is submit to me. Give me your innocence. And it'll all go away.

  Again, you were unable to speak as you melted in her grasp. her fingers intertwine with yours as she moves on top of you. Lightly unbuttoning your shirt and leaving trails of her lipstick all over your neck and upper chest. She hisses as a smile crosses her face.

Verona: Mmmm, so young. Let me feel all that vigor for myself darling.

  Before anything else can be shared, a fast swipe is delivered across Verona's face, revealing three claw marks that cut into her cheek as she has a less than amused expression. She turn back noticing that you are no longer under her, looking to the doorway, seeing Aleera holding you close with her red eyes glaring at her elder sister.

Aleera: Leave him alone Verona. He is mine.

  Aleera quietly growls.

  Verona's wound heals almost instantly as she struts her way over to her younger sister.

Verona: Technically, he is ours. If I allow you to keep a human in the castle, then I get do have my fair share of whatever pleasures he can provide me.

  Aleera holds onto you tighter. Verona's lips twisting into a smirk.

Verona: Mmm, you must really love him. Not as a toy, or a pet. You genuinely have feelings for him don't you.

  Verona begins to chuckle darkly at the insinuation.

Verona: Dear sister, I am fine with you having your delusions of love for him, but if your feelings for him are true, why not turn him?

Aleera: . . . .No, that is not even a factor.

Verona: So you what? Love his humanity or something? Love him for him? Even though after he get's old and dies, then what? Will you do the same with another human?

  The tension in the air became thick as Aleera and Verona stared at one another. You were coming back to your senses as you barely were making out the conversation.

Verona: You are willing to risk everything just to keep him the way he is?

Aleera: . . . Yeah. I am.

  The blond lets out a sigh as she just throws her hands up in acceptance. 

Verona: Fine, fine. This is going to prolong our stay. But if it is your desire, then be sure to be ready for what comes. You may not be able to keep him safe from everything.

  Verona places her hand on your head, lightly caressing your face, examining your features as she smiles to herself.

Verona: Mmmm, he does look rather cute, I can vaguely see your attractions. But do be sure he feels the same. IF he breaks your heart, I won't hesitate to eat his.

  Verona leaves the room as Aleera scoffs at the remark. You stand on your own feet as Aleera hugs you tightly.

Aleera: Are you alright darling?

Y/N: Headache is all. And I feel like I was drugged.

Aleera: Verona charmed you. It's best not to look into their eyes without your magic glasses.

Y/N: They aren't magic, their blessed to avoid seductive charms such as those.

Aleera: Hmm, sounds like magic to me.

Y/N: Shut up.

  You brush yourself off before going to retrieve your glasses. You hear tapping at the window once again. You see your raven cawing loudly that it irritates you. You rush over to it and it scrambles into the room, cawing your ears off.

Y/N: Shut your bloody trap! What the hell's got you all worked up.

  The raven only caws more as it flies out the window, as if beckoning you to follow it.

Aleera: I think it wants you to follow?

  You were against it at first, but you noticed the message on it's leg was still attached, meaning Robin never got it, which may mean something is wrong.

Y/N: Well, I'll be out then.

  You climb onto the window as Aleera grabs your wrist.

Aleera: I am not letting you out at this hour? It isn't safe for your kind out there.

Y/N: This is important though. A friend of mine may be in trouble and may need my help. Just let me do this. You can't restrict my every move.

  Aleera rolls her eyes before letting your wrist go, then yanking you by your collar.

Aleera: Fine. But love, do come back before the sun rises. I need you here.

  She presses her lips against yours as you kiss her back. Holding onto her tightly before releasing her, and leaping out of the window. Following the raven.

  You rush through the streets as a blur of shadow, moving like you did on your nightly hunts back in New Haven. Clinging to the darkness and keeping your weapons ready. Making your way down the quiet, foggy streets. There was nothing but silence in the air. You felt an unease as silence usually didn't mean anything good, especially when it was dark.

  Your Raven circles overhead, you notice an area by some bushes, the first thing that caught your eyes was the blood on the sidewalk. Your eyes widened as you rushed over to examine it. Praying that it wasn't Robin's blood.

  The trees also caught your eyes. You saw claw markings in them, big, deep gashes. Making your way to the trees, you placed your hand across the scratches. They were much larger than your typical werewolf.

Y/N: Hmm, don't tell me he was attacked. If some werewolf so much as hurt him I swear to the heavens above.

  You made your way through the brush and deeper into the forest. Similar claw markings were in the trees, even a few trees were broken. This truly wasn't a normal were wolf, but what other beast could have done this?

  You readied your pepperbox as you searched around, looking and looking, you noticed little droplets of blood on the forest floor. They were small and pretty easy to miss, but the faint moonlight aided you on this search. You followed the trail as you only noticed more and more blood the further you walked. 

  As you walked, a hellish smell filled your nose, making you cover it out of disgust. Walking deeper, you discovered the body of a man, his head smashed like a melon, his guts splattered and sprayed across the ground. Though due to the rot, this body had been here for some time now.

Y/N: Poor bastard. May you rest in peace.

  You lightly hold your hands together in a praying motion as you continue your search for Robin. Your heart rate only increasing as you wonder what condition he may be in if the raven lead you here. You prayed that he was alright, that he wasn't hurt and that he was alright, so that the both of you could walk out of this.

  Your raven cawing, as you look up in the tree line. You see it fly down and behind another tree. You decide to quietly make your way over to that tree, gun in hand and ready for anything at this point. Quickly looking around and taking aim, you noticed a sight that made your eyes widen in shock.

Y/N: R-Robin?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

100K 3.4K 50
Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neither hate monsters. On the contrary, they l...
2.9K 43 8
Centuries ago Vlad Tepes aka Dracula killed a thousand men to save his country. To become the most infamous monster in history to walk the earth. Yea...
5.7K 162 17
In a few hours Count Dracula will be released from The Harker Foundation, free to reign havoc on an unsuspecting and ill prepared population. Dr Zoe...
30K 723 15
She's unnatural, she's a freak but does she care, no. Shade has a secret that binds her to prince Velkan Valerious and his sister Anna. She is a hunt...