[BEING REBOOTED] A Song of Ag...

Laizarddeltarune

After the death of their first offspring and the betrayal of their own sibling, Laizard has been full of desp... Еще

! Introduction + Disclaimer !
. Prologue .
. Chapter One : Discovery .
. Chapter Two : Lost and Found .
. Chapter Three : Rise and Shine .
. Chapter Four : Realization .
. Chapter Five : Late Night Encounter .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Six : Attacked .
. Chapter Eight : A Promise .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Nine : A Slow Sunset .
. Chapter Ten : Safety Put On Delay .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Eleven : I'm Here For You .
. Chapter Twelve : No More Fooling Around .
. Chapter Thirteen : Endearment .
. Chapter Fourteen : Come Together .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Fifteen : OH NO! .
. Chapter Sixteen : Comin' Clutch .
. Chapter Seventeen : You're Safe .
. Chapter Eighteen : Fighting At Death's Door .
. Chapter Nineteen : It's Alright Now .
. Epilogue .

. Chapter Seven : An Escape .

122 1 0
Laizarddeltarune

- Volare -

"What!?" Laizard shrieked, as she started to struggle in Volare's grasp for a third time.

Volare tried to keep Laizard still, but he didn't expect her to turn around to bite his arm, which he quickly pulled his arm away before the Kraigon's teeth went anywhere near the metal. Laizard forced herself out of Volare's grip as she bared her fangs at the Epic Wubbox. Volare took a fearful step back.

"Laizard! You said that whatever that thing was, it's here to kill you! I don't want you to be anywhere near here if there's some type of assassin after you!" Volare insisted, his tone actually grew stern, and the volume of his voice went a little loud.

"I-It's not an assassin!" Laizard spat, her long claws dug into the substrate.

"Then why is it here to kill you?"

"It's a long story, okay?!"

Parlsona paused the two's argument as she placed her hand on Volare's arm.

"You're taking her there right now?"

"What? No! She's literally bleeding out as we speak, let's take her to the infirmary at least to bandage her up before we flee to Water Island." Volare said bluntly.

"Water Island? Are you stupid? I can't swim underwater!" Laizard protested.

"No! No! Don't you know? Water Island isn't just underwater, it has a terrestrial side of the island too with pretty beaches." Volare said quickly. "I've been there before whenever I go to see my brother, Eldoris. I just hope he's there to help us, maybe..."

"You have more brothers?" Laizard asked with a hostile tone.

"Well, yes. There's seven of-"

"Seven?!"

"Yes... seven... is that an issue?"

Volare noticed Laizard growling beneath her breath. He grew a bit nervous, but still tried to make Laizard feel at ease.

"Trust me, Laizard. You have little to worry about."

Wait. What am I saying? Of course, there's so much to worry about right now.

"Well... at least when you're with us." He added.

Laizard still looked pretty angry, but it seems like she's calmed down a bit.

"I agree with Volare. Maybe we should go to Water Island for a bit." Parlsona commented. "After you're bandaged up of course."

Volare looked from Parlsona back to Laizard, who seemed to be conflicting with herself.

"Fine." She caved finally, which made Volare sigh with relief.

Then, Volare and Parlsona both carried Laizard to the infirmary, where they laid her down on a large hospital bed and Volare started treating the Kraigon's wounds while Parlsona treated her own wound in the corner of the room.

"I... to be honest, I am not an expert healer, so try to let me know if I mess up." Volare admitted sheepishly.

The Epic Wubbox applied some yarrow onto Laizard's deeper injuries, while he placed some golden rod on her more minor wounds.

Laizard winced with pain, and Volare almost thought he did something wrong, but then he remembered that it's normal for the injuries to sting a bit as soon as herbs are applied to the fleshy wound.

"I know it hurts! But you'll be better soon." Volare tried to calm down the panicking Kraigon, which only slightly worked. He placed his hand on Laizard's head, and gently stroked her furry hair so she could relax.

Volare then grabbed some bandages and started wrapping up the injuries on Laizard's shoulder, back, waist... everywhere. Whatever that creature was that attacked her, it was out for blood. And if Volare didn't make it there in time to stop the beast before it got to Laizard again... he dares not think about that. That creature... it looked almost just like Laizard. Could it be? Perhaps a Rare Kraigon? Maybe an Epic Kraigon? Do Epic Kraigons even exist?

After Volare successfully finished wrapping up Laizard's wounds, he pats her on the head one more time and lets her rest for a bit.

"So, how are we gonna take her to Water Island?" Parlsona asked from across the room.

"Well, I was gonna-"

"I'm flying myself there!" Laizard spat out of the blue.

"Not with those broken wings, you aren't!" Volare insisted with a stern look.

"Volare's right, Laizard. You are injured. You can't just start moving around like you were never hurt in the first place! It'll only get worse. And judging by those wounds, it might take weeks to fully heal." Parlsona added to Volare's insistence.

A huff could be heard in Laizard's direction.

"F-Fine!! We'll walk." Laizard growled.

Volare gulped.

"...Actually, I was wondering if I could fly you there myself. It'd be a lot faster that way."

Volare saw Laizard look up at him with a mixed expression of anger yet small gratitude.

"Fine. If it gets us there faster." Laizard concluded.

"What about me?" Parlsona asked.

Volare gulped a second time.

Oh boy.

"You might have to stay here, Parlsona. Someone needs to look after the island while we're gone." Volare told the Werdo.

"Oh. Yeah! You're right. I should stay put, in case if that monster returns to conquer more of the island." Parlsona forced a smile.

Volare also forced a smile at the Werdo then looked down at Laizard.

"Ready when you are." He told her.

Laizard nodded slowly but surely.

"I'm ready."

Volare had an unsure look on his face.

Already?

"Are you sure? You don't want to wait a few days until you can at least walk-"

"Yes! Please! Get me out of here, now!" She almost started to beg.

That look on her face... she looks so afraid and desperate. Poor thing. I don't know what could've happened if I hadn't... nevermind.

Volare sighed and opened his arms to pick up Laizard's massive body. The Kraigon was very hesitant with taking into his arms, but after a long minute, she finally walked up to him, and he picked her up carefully, not wanting to pull any nerves of hers by accident. He then exited the infirmary slowly, stretched out his metallic wings and took to the sky, holding Laizard tightly so he doesn't drop her.

When the Epic Wubbox took off into the air, it startled Laizard a bit as she held tight onto his scarf, which also startled Volare himself, but he made sure not to shake her off from the shock. Volare started flying East, which was the direction to Water Island. 

He heard Laizard try to say something, but the wind was blocking out her voice, so Volare unfortunately couldn't hear it, so he just said "oh, okay" as a default response; he hoped dearly that whatever he agreed to wasn't something bad. But the disappointed look on Laizard's face after he said that made him feel concerned that he might have offended her by mistake.

After about half an hour, which felt more like a full hour, of flying, the two finally made it to Water Island. Volare landed softly on the sand of the tropical beaches and placed Laizard down gently. Laizard immediately kneeled down to the ground, she was probably still hurting from her recovering wounds. Volare also kneeled down beside Laizard, and cautiously put his hand on her back.

"Can you walk?" He asked her the most important question he could ask right now.

He could tell that Laizard was unsure how to answer, as she tried to stand, which she could accomplish, but just barely. But as soon as she took a step forward, she nearly fell, which Volare quickly darted forward to catch her before she fell face first into the sand.

"Okay, that tells me everything." Volare said, as he carefully picked Laizard back up, despite Laizard's protesting yowls. He hushed her and held her like she was a helpless kitten. Laizard eventually gave in as she let the Epic Wubbox carry her.

Eldoris, where are you??

Volare frantically looked around for his brother, hoping he'd be on the shore and not underwater, but Eldoris was known to isolate himself down in the sea, so Volare had low expectations.

After ten minutes of flying around the entire beaches of Water Island, Eldoris was not found. Volare sighed, as he looked for a place to rest for a while until Eldoris shows up eventually. 

Soon enough, he found a small open space to camp for a bit, with surrounding trees to cover the sun so nobody overheats as fast. Volare placed Laizard on some cool enough sand, so she doesn't burn her hooves or her paws.

The Kraigon instantly rested on her side as she started panting.

She is suffering so much. She also still looks awfully thin.

Volare frowned. He looked up at the tall, skinny fruit tree that was barely a few inches taller than himself, and he picked off a fresh dragonfruit, and kneeled down to the weak Laizard. He offered her the dragonfruit, with a kind smile on his face.

Please take it!

Laizard sniffed the fruit, and slowly took it from Volare's hands with her teeth and started munching on it.

As Laizard ate, Volare went to check on Laizard's wounds, but as soon as he lightly touched her injured shoulder very gently, Laizard's whole body jerked from the pain as she let out a wince.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Volare quickly apologized and didn't touch her anymore after that. The Kraigon's wounds seemed to be recovering slowly anyway, so all was well.

"It's... fine." Laizard said in a voice that sounded like she was out of breath.

"I promise that when Eldoris gets here, he will help us! I hope." Volare told Laizard as he sat down next to the injured purple monster.

"Oh great, just what I want, another Wubbox helping me." Laizard grunted, as she started to curl up in a ball again.

"...I-I'm sorry? I don't really know a lot of monsters other than my brothers that could possibly be any aid..." Volare couldn't help but apologize, although he asked, "Why do you not trust me and my brothers?"

Suddenly, he saw Laizard's gaze soften, as if she wanted to take back what she said. He hoped she didn't change the way she spoke just because she heard how his voice choke from being emotionally hurt from what she said about his kind.

"No... that's... not what I meant." She kept trailing off.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I'm just afraid." She suddenly blurted that still sounded a bit too quiet to be a real yell.

"...Why?"

"I just can't trust anyone anymore. It's not just you... sort of."

"'Sort of'???"

Laizard grew a little impatient.

"If you want to know so bad, then fine. I used to be terrified of you and your kind, and I still am a little bit."

"Oh." Volare muttered, a bit disappointed.

"But, when you helped me back there, there was a little change." Laizard admitted, her tone grew a bit soft.

"Change? Like, trust?" Volare inquired.

"Maybe." Laizard replied bluntly.

Hopefully that 'maybe' will turn into a 'yes' soon enough.

"I tried to thank you on the way here, but I don't think you've heard me." Laizard told Volare with an upset tone.

"Oh, that was what you said? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear it..." Volare said sheepishly.

"It's alright." Laizard responded dryly.

The two ended their conversation when they didn't have anything else to say to each other. Volare watched Laizard continuing with eating the dragon fruit. He looked at her injuries and felt an ache in his core as he felt pity for the Kraigon.

Why did she get attacked like that? And why?

As Volare was about to dwell off for a nap, he was interrupted when he heard water splashing in the distance. Curious, he wanders over to the noise, and notices his brother, Eldoris, the Epic Water Wubbox, emerging from the sea with water dripping off of his submarine-like, blue body.

"Eldoris!" Volare called out for his brother.

The other Epic Wubbox turned to look at Volare and was rather surprised to see him so suddenly.

"...Volare??"

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

4.8K 180 5
"𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞." Between two words there lies something: Horror. A beast th...
9.8K 470 9
~ sequel of 'second chances' ~ ~book two of the violet chronicles~ at last our little Lan family of four is complete but what is the wei/lan family w...
37K 1K 23
a basic psycho!kryoz x female!reader type of fanfic [intentionally lowercase] highest tags - #1 in #gbg #1 in #kryoz #1 in #kryozgaming -excerpt- "jo...
868 76 18
Everyone has a passion, no matter how insignificant or magnificent. For our protagonist it's reading novels, watching donghua and illustrating whatev...