My Assistant.

By youRsome1

Clara Lancaster's father hired her a new assistant and she drives Clara crazy. Emelia Cole has been through... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 17

5.4K 164 23
By youRsome1

Once I collected myself I was able to rejoin the party. When I walked outside I searched for Emelia immediately. I don't think my brain has been able to comprehend what just happened between us.

I found her across the pool deep in a conversation with a guy I didn't know. Not gonna lie he was incredibly hot.......... But I found Em so much more attractive. My first impulse is to go over there and wrap my arm around her so this guy leaves her the fuck alone.

no. I can't.

We can't let people know.......... Yet.

Instead I walked over to the keg and chugged a beer. The heated make out session earlier had made me lose my buzz completely. After I finished my drink I poured another one and looked back towards Em.

The guy she was talking to suddenly reached out and put his hand on her bare hip. She didn't move away. I felt fire rise up inside me.

Why the fuck was he touching her? Why was she letting him?

Before I knew it I was standing next to them.

"Hey Em." The guy dropped his hand when I spoke. Thank god because I was about to rip it off.

She looked over at me with a questioning expression.

"Hi Clara. What's up?"

"Uh..... nothing." My anger was disappearing and I suddenly had no explanation to why I was over here.

She looked into my eyes then grinned at me. She knew why I was over her........

"Okay well this is Philip. He was just telling me he was from colorado." She looked back at him and smiled.

Yeah talking about colorado with his hands on you.....

"Hello Philip. I'm Clara." I reached out my hand to shake his.

He took my hand in his. "Clara Lancaster? I've seen pictures of you but they don't do you justice." His eyes scanned my body and I became very aware that I was only wearing a bikini all of a sudden.

"Um....thank you." I said awkwardly taking my hand away from his.

"Sorry Philip...... she's taken." I looked over at Emelia who had just spoken. I raised my eyebrows at her in question. She just grinned at me then looked back at the guy next to us.

"Lucky guy." He grinned "what about you... are you taken?" He stepped towards her with a smirk. Oh god this guy was unbearable. I wanted to punch his stupid face.

Emelia crossed her arms "taken. Sorry" she shrugged her shoulders and smiled. She glanced at me and winked.

Fuck. I wish we were back in her bedroom. I felt myself blush.

"That's too bad." Philip said then walked away from us.

"So you're taken by someone?" I folded my arms and grinned at her.

"Only if she'll have me." She looked up at me with a smirk.

"Oh I'm pretty sure you've had her wrapped around your finger for a while now." I grinned. It was her turn to blush. I wanted to kiss her so bad right now. I know she wants to keep this between us for now but I am fighting a losing battle with myself right now.

I was about to take a step toward her.....

"Hey! Wanna play some beer pong?" I felt arms wrap around my waist. Emelias eyes switched from mine to the arms around my body and I swear I saw flames ignite behind her eyes. I turned around to find a very drunk Eric leaning on me.

Shit.

"Uh...." I looked back at Emelia who was still standing there with her arms crossed. She did not look happy.

I pried his hands off of me and held them in my hands. I watched Emelia relax a little at my movements.

"I don't know if I should let you drink anymore buddy." I grinned up at him.

"Oh come on! It's a party!" He laughed.

"Fine! But you have to get me another drink."

"Yes ma'am!" He saluted me then walked off to find me a beer. I laughed then spun around to Emelia who was staring at me with an eyebrow raised. Her arms were crossed which pushed her cleavage up a little more. My eyes started wandering her body. I couldn't help it. She looked so fucking hot in that bikini.

"My eyes are up here Lancaster." My eyes met hers and she was smirking.

"Just getting a good mental picture........." I shrugged.

Suddenly she took a step forward catching me off guard. My breathing stopped and we were so close now I could feel her breath on my face.

"Why do you need a picture when you can see it anytime you want?" She whispered then walked away.

I watched her walk away towards the bar and I was rooted in my place.

I don't think I've ever been turned on this much in my life and she didn't even touch me.

This woman is going to be the death of me.

I groaned and spun around to look for Eric. I found him at the beer pong table waiting for me. He handed me a cup of beer.

"Let's do this thing!"

2 hours later I was insanely intoxicated laying on a lounge chair staring up at the sky. The party had died down about 30 minutes ago. There were only a few stragglers in the pool left now.

My view of the stars was suddenly impeded by the gorgeous woman that consumes half of my thoughts.

"You okay?" She laughed looking down at me.

"You're so pretty." I slurred and grinned up at her.

She smiled and shook her head at me.

"Let me help you to your bed drunky." She held out her hand to help me up.

"But I don't want to go to bed." I pouted at her and she laughed.

"Did you know that you are adorable? Come on." She grabbed my hands and pulled me up. I groaned as I reached my feet.

"Wow. I am way drunker than I thought I was." I laughed as I leaned into her.

"Do you need help with her?" I heard Eric say and he walked over to us.

"No thank you. I've got her." Emelia said in a possessive way and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Okay." He shrugged then jumped back in the pool.

"Hold on to me." She whispered then wrapped a arm around my waist.

I honestly could have gotten myself to bed but I wasn't going to say no to spending time with Emelia.

When we finally made it to my room she let me go then closed the door and walked over to my dresser. She threw a oversized shirt and shorts at me.

"Go change I'll wait for you." She sat on my bed then.

"Okie dokie." I grinned then stumbled into the bathroom.

I changed and brushed my teeth then came out to find her still in the same place staring at me. The only difference was she had gone and changed into some pajamas of her own.

"Hello beautiful" I grinned and walked towards her.

She stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled up at me.

"Hi."

She pulled me down into a kiss and I swear I had died and gone to heaven. I could kiss her forever and I still don't think that would be enough. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her body into mine. I wanted to feel every inch of her.

After a minute or two she pulled away and smiled at me.

"Let's get you to bed." She kissed the end of my nose.

"Okay." I spun us around and pulled her with me onto the bed so I landed on my back and she was on top of me.

We started laughing and she straddled my hips looking down at me. I rested my hands on her hips and smiled up at her.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked without thinking.

She looked into my eyes searching for something. Instead of answering she leaned down and kissed my lips softly. Then got off of me standing next to my bed.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. What if someone sees us." She shook her head.

"Oh come on. Call it a sleep over." I sat up and grabbed her hips looking up at her.

We sat like that for 30 second until she finally caved.

"Fine!" She sighed and leaned down to kiss me. I couldn't help but smile while we kissed. I was so happy.

She broke apart from Me and walked over to turn off the light. I crawled under the blankets and she came over and joined me.

"Big spoon or little spoon?" I asked as she climbed into the blankets.

"Little spoon please." She laid down facing away from me.

"No problem." I smiled and grabbed her hips then pulled her into me.

She laid on my right arm and I wrapped my left one around her body. She grabbed my left hand and brought it up to her lips and kissed it then interlocked our fingers and held it at her chest. I kissed her left shoulder then relaxed behind her.

I was out like a light after just 5 minutes of lying there. It was the best sleep I've ever had.

The next morning I woke up and the bed was empty. Where did Em go? Did I just dream everything that happened last night?

I sat up and looked around the room. Right as I did that the bathroom door opened and Emelia walked out with a her hair wet and a towel wrapped around her body.

"Good morning." She said sweetly then walked over and pecked my lips.

Oh my god it wasn't a dream.

"Good morning." I smiled up at her. Seeing her in just a towel was more efficient at waking me up than any cup of coffee.

She smiled "can I borrow some clothes?" She turned her head to the side studying me.

"You can have anything you want." I nodded my head and laid back to rest on my elbows. I watched her pick out some shorts and a T-shirt then walk over to the bathroom. She closed the door and I threw myself back onto my pillows.

Holy Fuck.

I cannot believe last night happened.

After a minute Emelia came out of the bathroom then climbed back into bed next to me. She kissed my lips and and smiled.

"I could get used to this."

All I could do was nod my head in agreement.

"What are your plans for today?" She asked sitting up and looking down at me.

"Uh...... no clue. I have to take Eric to the airport. That's all I had planned." I shrugged sitting up next to her.

"Good. Let me take you to
Dinner tonight." She stated staring into my eyes.

"Like....... A date?"

"Like a date." She nodded her head

"Okay." I said shyly.

"Perfect. I have a few meetings today. I'll meet you in the lounge at 7." She pecked my lips again then got off the bed. She looked back at me smiling.

"See you then." I blushed.

"You're adorable." She leaned down and kissed me one more time before leaving my room.

This time yesterday we weren't even talking. It's amazing how fast things have changed.

I climbed out of bed and took a shower then got ready for the day. Eric's plane leaves at 3 pm so I was going to see if he wanted to have lunch.

I walked to the guest bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Eric wake up! Let's go get hang over food." I shouted through the door.

I heard him scrambling through the room then finally reaching the door.

He cracked the door open and he only peaked his head out.

"Hey Clara......" he looked guilty.

"Just tell me what you did." I folded my arms.

"How do you know I did something?" He questioned with a confused look.

"I dated you for long enough to know when you look guilty Eric." I laughed.

"Okay don't get mad."

"What did you do!?" I asked louder.

Instead of answering he swung the door open and I saw Stacey covering her naked body with a blanket. She gave me a nervous smile and waved at me.

I looked at the seen for a moment more then started laughing.

"Holy shit!" I laughed more.

They both looked at me with confused expressions.

"You're not mad?" Eric asked.

"No! This is funny." I gestured between them and bent over in fits of giggles.

After a minute I heard them start laughing with me.

"Let's go get lunch sluts." I said after catching my breath then walked away laughing.

The two of them met me downstairs about 15 minutes later. I smirked at the two of them as they stood in the entryway awkwardly.

"Soooooo......... how did you two end up naked."

"Uh.... Alcohol mostly." Stacey said looking at her shoes.

"We were the last ones in the pool last night and we started talking." Eric shrugged awkwardly shuffling his feet.

"I don't care guys..... honestly. You two deserve to be happy." I shrugged. "But if you two hurt each other I'm not choosing sides. I'll just laugh at both of you."

"Fair." Eric said finally making eye contact with me.

"Just because we slept together once doesn't mean anything." Stacey said defensively.

"Okay slut. Come on. I'm hungry."

The three of us walked to the garage and got into the Wrangler. We drove to five guys and went inside the restaurant.

Eric offered to pay and we sat down. I had to admit the two of them were being awfully cute with each other. Throughout lunch they kept doing cute little things that made it seem like last night was more than just a drunken night together.

It should be weird seeing my ex with my best friend. I think I'm so taken with Emelia that nothing else matters. I'm happy the two of them enjoy each other's company.

After lunch I drove us home. Stacey and I waited in the car while Eric grabbed his bags.

"Is this weird? It's weird isn't it?" She questioned climbing into the passenger seat.

"Not for me. So are you...... into him?"

"Well I mean...... he's kinda perfect. It would be hard not to be." She shrugged eying me for my reaction.

"He's a really good guy. But don't dive into something you aren't ready for. He lives across the country."

"I know........."

"Just be careful Stace."

Eric climbed into the car and we stopped talking. I drove us to Stacey's house then to my surprise Eric jumped out and opened her door for her and helped her out.

They said a awkward goodbye and then he kissed her on the cheek. Fucking adorable. She walked away with a red face then he climbed into the seat she just vacated.

"What?" He asked me because I was grinning at him.

"Nothing Romeo. You seem happy." I pulled out of the driveway.

"Well you seem happy too." He said with a smirk. I looked over at him with a questioning look.

"What does that mean?"

"Don't think I didn't see the tension between you and Emelia last night...... and you're all smiles this morning." He shrugged "don't tell me that's just a coincidence."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I couldn't stop the grin on my face thinking about Emelia.

"Whatever. I like seeing you happy Clara."

I didn't say anything back. We just spent the rest of the ride in a comfortable silence.

I said goodbye to him at the airport and by the time I got home it was 3:30.

I set an alarm for 5:30 and took a nap.

After my nap I did my hair and makeup for dinner. I had no clue where she was taking me....was it somewhere fancy or casual? I decided to wear a grey high waisted skirt that went to my mid thigh, a black long sleeve turtleneck, and a pair of black boots that came up to my knee.

I was ready around 6:45 so I left my room early and walked down to the lounge to wait for Emelia. I was giddy with excitement over this date. I just can't wait to spend more time with her.

I pulled out my phone to scroll through social media to calm my nerves.

"Well hello there." Her sweet voice came from behind me.

I spun around and she was leaning on the door frame staring at me with a smile. She was wearing a blue dress that hugged her body and stopped at her mid thigh. She had on a pair of black heals that made her the same height as me. Her glasses were on her nose completing her outfit.

She smiled at me when my eyes finally met hers then walked over to me.

"Is everyone gone?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Good." She pulled me into her and kissed me relentlessly for about 20 seconds.

I pulled away and grinned at her "if you don't stop now we won't make it to dinner."

"You're right. Come on." She grabbed my hand and pulled me along into the garage. She opened the door to her old Honda and I climbed in. She closed the door for me and got into the drivers seat.

She cranked the key and the engine spluttered to life. She smiled at me and pulled out of the garage. We drove for about 30 minutes before we reached a small restaurant just outside of LA.

She moved to open her door but I grabbed her hand. "Wait!"

I scurried out of the car and around to her door to open it for her.

She climbed out and smiled at me. "Thank you." She pecked my lips over the car door and I smiled. I'd never get used to this.

I closed the car door and she grabbed my hand. She led me inside the restaurant and took me to a private section. She pulled my chair out for me and I sat down. She sat next to me and grinned.

"You look beautiful." I said taking her hand in mine.

"Thank you. So do you." Her eyes scanned my body.

"Soooo..... how did you find this restaurant? It's nice?"

"Actually, I own it." She shrugged. A man came over with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You own it?" I asked after the man left.

"I saved up all the money I saved on not paying rent over the last few months and invested it in this restaurant. I took after your fathers footsteps and help the other owner out who was struggling to break even."

"Wow....... I'm really happy for you. Finally getting your feet on the ground." I smiled then took a sip of my wine.

"Your father was a great help. He set me up with all his contacts. Now this place is packed almost every night." She shrugged

"So now that you own this.......how long you plan to work for my father?"

"As long as he will have me." She shrugged and sipped her wine.

"Really?"

"Yes really there's so much to learn and I promised my dad I'd help him." She looked a little uneasy now.

"You don't talk about your dad much....." I said trying to ease the tension.

"Yeah. It's still kinda hard." She looked away from me.

"You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. We already established that. I just know your dad would be so proud of you. You are amazing." I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She looked at me then and smiled.

"He would've liked you." My heart felt like it was bursting out of my chest.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"So are you excited for school to start?" She asked changing the subject.

"I was....." I nodded my head. "But now........ not so much."

"Oh come on. It'll be awesome." She said shaking her head.

"I know. It's just...... now that I've got you I don't want to leave you." I blushed and looked at our hands.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll come visit you whenever I can. That's still a month away anyways. You'll be sick of me by then." She laughed.

"I don't think that's possible." I looked up at her and smiled shyly.

She cupped my cheek with her hand and said "You're adorable." Then she pulled me in for a quick kiss.

A man came and took our orders and we spent the rest of the dinner talking about our childhoods and funny things that happened to us.

Emelia drove us home and walked me up to my room.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked still holding her hand.

"I want to." She groaned. "But your father will be home early in the morning. We fly out to San Diego at 6 AM."

"Oh. How long will you be gone?" I frowned.

She tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "2 days." She frowned too.

"Okay. I'll let you go to bed then." I moved to let go of her hand but she squeezed it and pulled me into her. She wrapped her hands around my waist.

"I'll miss you." She whispered into my face. She leaned her forehead on mine.

"I'll miss you too."

"I'll call you when I get a break tomorrow." She smiled.

"Perfect. I'll be here."

She nodded her head then moved her lips onto mine. She pushed me against my closed door and brought her hands to my hair. I placed mine on her hips. For such a small woman she really like to be in control.

I smiled into a kiss and she leaned back a little out noses still touching. "What?" She laughed.

"I'm just happy." I smiled.

She stared into my eyes and I got lost in her honey eyes.

"You make me happy too."

She pecked my lips then stepped away from me.

"Goodnight Miss Lancaster."

"Goodnight Miss Cole." I sighed.

I leaned against my door and watched her walked into her bedroom and close the door. I cannot believe the last 24 hours have been real.

I walked into my bedroom and flipped onto my bed. I am the happiest girl in the world and it's all thanks to Emelia Cole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 608 14
A highly recognized and highly respected CEO finds herself in a predicament with her newest assistant. Being notorious for not having the same assist...
314K 14.9K 58
All Emelie has ever been told is never to cross the border that separates the Fae and human lands, especially after her mother was murdered during a...
54.4K 1.4K 19
All Charlie wanted was to go to college, play soccer and maybe meet a nice boy. What she didn't want was the "nice boy's" sister to enter the picture...
250K 10K 47
• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own fear, under the sea of your limitation an...