Colliding Stars (Minsung)

By etoile_fic

A Minsung story (Cover edit: Made by me) ~ "You deserve nothing! You don't deserve my trust. You never did."... More

Warnings and Credits
Character Introduction
Prologue
Extras
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Contact
Chapter 3: Keychain and Minions
Chapter 4: Group hug
Chapter 5: Stay
Chapter 6: Americano & Cheesecake
Chapter 7: Halo
Chapter 8: Magic and Fanta
Chapter 9: Moonie's Triplets
Chapter 10: Kiss and Caps
Chapter 11: La Vie En Rose
Chapter 12: Make A Wish (M)
Chapter 13: Cold
Characters (6 years later)
Chapter 14: Loose Heartstrings
Chapter 15: Curtains and Helmets
Chapter 16: Happiness
Chapter 17: Life of the Party
Chapter 18: Fairytale
Chapter 19: Lingering Sweetness
Chapter 20: Turbulence
Chapter 21: Soonie Doongie Dori
Chapter 22: Family
Chapter 23: Bruises & Bandages
Chapter 25: Unsaid
Chapter 26: Secrets
Chapter 27: Truth Tape
Chapter 28: Blood vs Bond
Chapter 29: Haven
Chapter 30: Dots & Dates (M)
Chapter 31: Last First (M)
Chapter 32: Bells (M)
Bonus : Happy Ever After (M)
Epilogue
New Book💫

Chapter 24: Battle of B!tches

638 32 52
By etoile_fic

(Credits to the rightful owners.)

Wordcount: 7.7k

Minho P.O.V

Sweet like honey dripping on lavender petals, soft like cotton candy made of clouds and addicting like the aroma of sandalwood.

His lips. My Hannie's lips.

Euphoria might be a mere concept to many but when his dainty, trembling fingers touched the sides of my face, when I breathed in his rosy scent, when his lips touched mine, when he kissed me euphoria became my reality.

My lips seeked his when they left me cold. I wanted to pull him into another kiss at once, pour my soul into his sugary tongue. My wounded shoulder could go to hell for all I cared. The pain couldn't stop me from holding my Hannie's in my arms (even if one was broken).

But something did stop me.

The clearing of an scary lady's throat.

My genius self made the mistake to look in the direction of the source of that voice. And a chill ran down my spine immediately.

Abeoji...I mean ma'am. Miss Byul.
Why is she glaring at me like that? She isn't going to break my other shoulder is she?

Your son is the one who kissed me!
Hell I will put a tape on my mouth everytime I am near your dear son from now on! Eommoni save me from your wife please!

The jackasses I call my friends kept snickering instead of trying to shield me from Miss Byul's wrath. While her wife and granddaughter kept staring at me blankly.

What did I get into!

Thankfully I didn't have to burn under Miss Byul's ablazed glare for too long. San, Wooyoung and his parents Mr. And Mrs. Jung appeared in the place with someone who I presumed was the doctor.

However, I was still not aware of the fact that I was in for more embrassment. San, Changbin and Chan had to carry me to the guest room as I was unable to move by myself. And I am pretty sure that bastard San was purposely pressing onto my poor shoulder while carrying my upper body even though he said that it was an accident. And my two asshole best friends holding my legs did nothing to protest. Instead they chuckled away shamelessly.

The doctor cleaned and stitched up my wound while I lied on the bed. It fucking hurt. But I had to put on a strong front for my Hannie who was standing near the door. He didn't really look directly into my face, instead he kept worriedly eyeing my injured shoulder.

My Hannie is worried about me.

He was biting his nails in nervousness, his fingertips softly touching his lips...

His lips...they looked so delici- Ouch!

Someone just suddenly smacked my shoulder right over the wound.

"Aish you little- ma'am?!" My eyes widened in horror as I turn to find Miss Byul looking at me again with that death stare of hers I am already well accustomed to.

"The doctor left. You are all bandaged up." She said.

Even her voice sounds intimidating.

Also did she just say the doctor left? When?

I didn't see her walking out of the door. Hannie was standing right next to it. And I was basically gawking at him.

What can I say, maybe I was too distracted by his perfect existence to notice anyone else.

I looked at my shoulder now sealed in white bandages. A small red spot could be seen around the centre.

My gaze lifted and landed on my Hannie again. He was already looking back at me. His eyes were still glossy with concern.

He looks so adorable. I just wanna hug hi- OUCH!

Miss Byul had smacked me again.

"You should focus on your wound, don't you think?" She said with a petrifying smile on her face.

"Umm you should get some rest son. Why don't you stay the night here Minho?" Eommoni said with a sympathetic smile.

"Jagiya he looks fine. His house is not that far away. Why does he need to stay at our hou-" Miss Byul was quickly shut up by a 'look' send by her wife.

The scary lady gets scared too. Wow.

"Miss Moonbyul is right. I am fine. I will just ask Chan or Changbin to drive me home." I muttered, my voice sounding like that of a six year old frightened little boy.

What the fuck?!

"Who? Your brother and friends already left with their kids. Said they have an early meeting at work tomorrow. Even Wooyoung and San went back home with their kids, so did Hwasa and Hoseok-shi." Miss Byul scoffed.

Huh?

I looked around the space. My brain finally registering the fact that I was stuck in this room alone only with Hannie, his eomma and scary appa.

Did my shitty friends just leave me all alone when I am gravely injured? Even my sweet little brother Yongbokah! This is all his husband's influence. I knew I was right to be against their relation-'shit' in our school days.

"Where is Ryu?" I asked, not finding her anywhere in the room as well.

"Alseep in the adjacent room. Poor baby got exhausted after crying so much when she saw her appa hurt." Eommoni explained.

I wanted to hold my angel, my daughter in my arms at once and smother her with kissies. To let her know I am okay and there with her. But she needed some sleep. So, I settled on hugging her the moment she wakes up.

"I should leave now. I don't want to impose." I said, trying to sit up on the bed and barely making it.

"Good choice." Miss Byul said earning another look from her wife.

"It's okay dear. We insist. Besides how will you drive with that arm." Eommoni said turning to look at me.

"I ambidextral. It won't be an issue I swear." I responded, getting up from the bed.

Fuck. It's really paining. Maybe I should call an uber.

"But Minho-"

"Eomma it's fine. Don't worry I will be going with him."

"WHAT?"
"WHAT!"

Miss Byul and I exclaimed simultaneously. We looked at each other only for me to cower away by her glare again.

My gaze returned to Hannie whose words still sounded unreal to me.

Did he just say he will be going to my house WITH me??

Hannie simply looked back at us blankly.

And soon disbelief turned into reality as I was sitting on the passenger's seat of my own car with Hannie driving it. Ryujin, still deep in slumber was in the backseat holding her bunny plushie close to her. Thankfully, I had already ordered a baby seat to be installed in this car for her the day we departed for Seoul.

"What?" Hannie suddenly spoke, his eyes still on the deserted road ahead. It was already quite late in the evening.

"Huh?" I asked.

"What are you looking at?" He said making me come to the realisation that I was staring at him again.

Nothing unsual.

"Nothing. Just...you didn't have to come with me. I don't want to trouble you."

"I will just stay with you till your wound heals. You got it trying to save me anyway. So, I am just taking responsibility." Hannie said turning the steering wheel to the right to continue on our journey.

I sighed, nodding even though Hannie wasn't looking at me. My head fell back against the seat, I closed my eyes.

Hannie's presence itself was enough to soothe me. It made me forget about all the pain in the world, both in my arm and my heart.

Soon, we reached our house...

Our?

I wish it can become your house as well Hannie. I want to share everything with you. Every aspect of my life. I want to give you all my happiness and take all your hurt.
I want to give you a home.

The security parked the car for us as I walked behind Hannie towards the entrance of the house. He was carrying a cranky Ryujin in his arms. Well, she had woken up because she was hugry.

Honestly, I was too. I hadn't eaten anything since the bit of cake that Hannie had fed me this morning.

And my stupid hunger unabashedly made itself know by making my stomach growl outloud the moment we entered the living room.

Hannie turned to me with raised eyebrows as he placed Ryujin on the couch. She instantly hugged her plushie more tightly and started looking back and forth betwee her eomma and appa.

"I will make egg fried rice. Till then you two wait here." He said, before walking past me to the kitchen.

And like the obedient person I am I followed his command and took my seat next to my daughter who left her plushie alone to hug my waist instead.

I chuckled rufflling her hair with my left hand.

Soon we heard "Food is ready."

Holding Ryu's hand we made our way to the kitchen to see Hannie placing three bowls of rice on the dining table.

Ryujin sat next to her eomma while I sat on the chair on the opposite side. Our daughter was evidently drowsy, so Hannie decided to feed her.

I wish he would feed me too. I mean I am injured. I deserve special treatment. Don't I?

And so, I pretended to struggle with my spoon and dropped it "mistakenly" on the floor.

Hannie looked up at me, swallowing the spoonful of rice in his own mouth before he said, "You do realise you just told my parents you are ambidextrous a while ago. I was right there. And I already knew that anyway."

Fuck. Great.
SOTY undeniably goes to me. Stupid Of The Year.

I meekly picked another spare spoon and started eating the rice on my own using my left hand.

It's so yum!

"This is really tasty." I said.

Hannie looked at me again, his eyes a little widened and his cheeks more rosy.

"Thanks." He whispered.

"When did you learn how to swim?" I asked.

"Few years ago. Wooyoungah and I joined a swimming club together. I am not that good at it though." Hannje answered.

"Well you can save a person from drowing. I'd say you are an expert." I smiled.

He smiled back!

But that smile soon morphed into a more curious expression.

He asked, "Where is Woo Ajumma and Ajusshi? I didn't see them here the day before yesterday as well."

"Ajusshi has retired. Due to his health. And Ajumma stays with him to take care of her husband. I can get you to meet them someday, if you want."

"I'd love to." Hannie responded immediately and fed another spoon of rice to Ryujin who looked half asleep already.

Eventually when we were done eating I went to keep my dish in the sink but Hannie took it from my hand before I could do so.

"Let it be. I will do the dishes. Go rest." He ordered.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"I mean would you prefer to be in your room? I guess that would be more comfortable than a guest room."

"My room?" He asked again.

"Yup. The one that belonged to you and Yongbok." I explained.

Hannie nodded hesitantly in return.

"Right, then I will arrange some clothes for you."

"No need. I brought a pair for me and Ryujin for tonight. Appa said she would send the rest of my luggage tomorrow."

"Okay." I said.

I deemed it would be right if I went back to my room first so Hannie would feel more comfortable.

"Goodnight Ryu." I kissed my daughter's forehead who was still sitting at the dining table.

"Goodnight appa." She replied, "But won't you give a goodnight kiss to eomma as well?"

Bang!

I looked towards the kitchen sink to see the bottle of dish cleaner fallen on the floor and next to it stood a Chipmunk in a state of pure fluster.

"Eomma gave you a kiss too. You must give him one back." Ryujin said again looking up at me with her big doe eyes full of innocence.

"Uhh...that is because appa was hurt. Doesn't eomma kiss your bruises too to lessen the pain?"

Ryujin nodded.

"Then, eomma give appa another kiss. His hurt will go away faster!" She said making Hannie stare at me blankly, his ears and face now as red as roses.

"He will. But first let's get you to bed. You wanna sleep with appa?" I tried to change the subject.

"Yes! Yes!" Ryujin cheered and happily followed me towards the staircase.

I had turned around once, to look at Hannie once last time before I went to my room, but his back was facing me. He had already busied himself in washing the dishes again. And thus, unwilling, I walked away from him.

Ryujin fell alseep the moment she lied on the bed. She did not even change into the pajamas her eomma had brought for me. I was also too tired or well, too lazy to freshen up and decided to just go to sleep in my present clothes.

But before I could get into the bed, I heard a knock on the door.

It wasn't locked. But I went to open it anyway, to find an adorable Chipmunk standing on the other side with his nervous doe eyes looking at me.

"Here. Your coat." Hannie said handing me the piece of clothing I had given him earlier.

I took it from his palm, our fingers brushing against each other for an electrifying moment before he quickly retreated his hand.

"Ryujin's alseep. If you wanna take a look at her-"

"It's fine. I know she is okay with you." Hannie answered.

His answer made me smile.

He trusts me with our daughter. I hope, someday he can trust me to be with him as well.

"Umm so, I'll get going." My Chipmunk said.

He averted his eyes from me and headed towards his room.

"Goodnight. And Happy Birthday." I whispered, loud enough to make him hault on his steps and look back.

"Goodnight." He replied before the distance between us grew again. Hannie went inside his room.

And I knew that distance would keep me awake for another night yet again and immersed in the memories of his warmth.

.
.
.

Jisung P.O.V

Asshole. Idiot. Bastard. Jerk. Bloody fucking shitty dumbass!

Who does he think he is?! Some saint? Making me reunite with my parents, fulfilling an impossible wish by doing so. That jerk searched for them for years?! He didn't even brag about it when I thanked him. Instead he acted all modest and heartbroken, walking around alone in that stupid swimming pool area. Who told him to save me and getting injured himself! Shameless.

That dickhead even kept my room...I mean Yongbok's old room intact, just the way it was 6 years ago when I left it! The same fairylights near the window, the same pictures hung on the wall and the same cover on my bunkbed. Everything clean and cosy. What the actual fuck?!

And what did he say?

"I can never forget a single thing you told me."

What an asshole! He even got me americano and cheesecake. He took care of Soonie, Doongie, Dori all these years. Fucking bastard!

Last night was my last straw.

It's almost been three months since Ryujin and I have been living in the Lee Mansion. Much to my relief I didn't have to deal with that bastard a lot since he was stuck at home attending online meetings to keep up with his work. And I had to stay out to monitor the filming procedure of the advertisement for his company's product launch.

I only saw him at around dinner. He had the cook come everyday to make the meals for all of us. And the food would be ready when I returned from work.

Can you believe that stupid jerk waited for me every night even when I came back pretty late? We always ate dinner together. He would ask me how my day was, if I am tired or not and blah blah blah. As if he cares!

I knew it was all a facade. That eventually all his nice persona would unveil and he would show his true colours. And I was waiting for that moment to come.

But it didn't.

Coming back to last night. Ryujin had insisted to sleep with both her eomma and appa, together. Till now she was sleeping with either me or her father alternatively. But when she pleaded yesterday with her big adorable eyes, I couldn't deny her request.

Of course, my bunkbed wouldn't fit three of us (though I would have no problem letting that asshole sleep on the floor). So, we had to spend the night in that stupid bastard's room. And as we lied on either sides of an extremely elevated Ryujin, that piece of shit made sure I was comfortable.

He never touched me once! Even by mistake. And just kept asking if I need something!

Why did he keep stealing glances of me?

Why didn't he stare at me properly!

He was cuddling with Ryujin.

Why couldn't he cuddle with me too!?

STUPID BASTARD! SICK JERK! FUCKING SHITHEAD! UGHHHH!!!!

He is making me feel all confused! I don't want to be confused. I want to be angry at him! I want to curse him out and hate him forever! Why is he making it impossible for me to do so?

Why doesn't he ask why I kissed him at the pool that day?
Doesn't he want to kiss me back?

Why is treating me so preciously even when I am being blatantly rude towards him? Why does keep checking up on me when I keep outright ignoring him?

Why why why? JUST WHY IS HE BEING SO...

...warm?

"Fuck!"

A loud painful grunt came out of his room. I was on my way back to my own room from the kitchen in the middle of the night as I had forgotten to get a bottle of water for myself.

Without a second thought I ran towards his room, swung the door open and walked in to see the jerk sitting on his bed in his trouser and a sleevless black shirt, his face contorted in pain with the bandage on his shoulder soaking in blood and hanging half open.

"The hell!" I said, placing the bottle of water on the floor and rushing to him as he kept staring blankly at me.

"Uhh it just..."

"The doctor wrapped the new gauze yesterday! Do I seriously need to ask our 5 year old to watch over you!?" I said taking off the bandage and discaring it in the bin near the bed.

I took out the first aid kit from the drawer of a small bedside table come cabinet which contained his painkillers as well.

"Have them." I said giving him two pills and a glass of water from the jug kept on the top of the same cabinet

He knew better than to not listen.

I sighed before continuing to lecture him, "I told you not to cook lunch! Who asked you to prove your culinary skills huh?"

"You said you liked the beef stew." He muttered as I took the now empty glass from his hand and placed it back on the table.

"Shut up. Do you like getting me all worried?" I inquired before sitting behind him and opening the first aid box I had kept on the bed.

"No. But I like the fact that you are worried about me."

His words made me look up, his brown hair the only thing my eyes were met with. But somehow I knew the expression that was on his face.

That same soft and gentle, sincere look. The honesty in his eyes whenever he gazed at me. The subtle curve in corner of his lips whenever to spoke to me. The same warm expression he held whenever he was close to me.

"Your shirt. Remove it." I said.

"Huh?" He asked turning his face slighly towards me.

I cleared my throat before explaining, "I have to apply ointment on your shoulder. The shirt's getting in the way."

And so, he used his left hand to take his shirt off over his head. A soft groan escaping his lips in the process.

My heart sank when I looked at his wound. He must be in so much anguish. But not a single word left his mouth about it.

Dumbass! Always hiding your pain.

I took some cotton to clean up the blood and then applied the antiseptic with a swab. He winced at this but quickly suppressed his pain in the blink of an eye.

Idiot. Just say if you are hurting! It wouldn't cost you a fortune.

And then it was time for me to rub the ointment on his skin. I have never done that before. I only ever gave him his pain killers. All this...either a nurse or the doctor would do it on a weekly basis.

I took some ointment on the tip of my fingers and placed it on his shoulder. Finally noticing how broad they were.

Shit.

He was even more muscular than before. His toned edges more prominet from this vicinity. And damn! He still smelled like oakpine.

His skin against my hand was warm. It made a shiver run down through every cell in my body.

"Are you okay?" I heard him ask softly.

"Mhm. W-why?" I stuttered.

"Your hand is cold. It's trembling."

I am nervous you idiot. You are making me nervous!

"Oh t-that b-because of the Air Conditioner." I responded.

"Should I turn it off?" He asked.

"It's fine. I am done." I said, finally tying the bandage around his arm.

"Is it comfortable?" I asked, my breath near his neck shaky. Perhaps it was cold as well, as it resulted his skin there to have goosebumps.

"Yes." He exhaled sharply, the warmth of his skin was like a magnet pulling me closer, deeper.

My mind was in a haze, hypnotized by that warmth and it was too late when I realised the reality. Reality of what that warmth had made me do. My lips were touching his skin.

And when that realisation dawned on me I quickly moved myself away from him and his warmth. I stumbled back as I got off the bed, hastily putting the first aid box back in the drawer before he could even look back at me.

My feet rushed to reach the door, but he didn't let me.

His warmth pulled me back yet again when he held my wrist.

I didn't dare turn around.

The air dense, the room dim and quiet other that the entangled mess of heavy breaths escaping our chests. I could almost hear my heart pounding aloud.

Perhaps he can hear it too.

"Ha-"

"Let go" I said.

And he did.

He let go of my hand at once as I felt his finger yearn to hold onto my skin. But he let go nonetheless. Because I told him to.

I wanted to look back...at him. His gentle eyes and solemn lips.

But I didn't. I couldn't. I just ran out of the his room and into mine. I closed the door consuming the dark space. My body slumped against that door.

My eyes closed shut as I took in a deep breath. But no amount of air seemed to be enough to relax my heaving soul.

Which only called out one name...a name my lips couldn't utter.

Minho.

.
.
.

I woke up with the first rays of the sun. In reality I didn't entirely fall alseep to begin with. Memories kept me awake all night. And my daughter also wasn't there to distract me with her cute blabber from the emotional turmoil within my heart.

Ryujin was at a sleepover at Lixie's house with the other kids, including Taehyun and Hyunkai. The whole kids gang became inseparable in a such short amount time. But that didn't surprise me. It only reminded me of our little gang in school and college.

I groaned when I remembered that it was a Sunday and I couldn't even leave this house with the excuse of going to work. Therefore, I made up my mind to stay hidden inside my room till the evening. Because that was when I wouldn't be able to avoid seeing him anymore.

Tonight was the Lee Company's latest product launch party and the announcement of their partnership with the Choi-Jung Label regarding the advert film. Speaking of which, the short film was already shot and would be realising very soon after the post production procedure is successfully completed.

Wait...

Shit.

Ryu will be coming to the event directly with Lixie and Changbinnie hyung.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I will be all alone on the drive to the venue with him.

SHIT.

I figured...rather desperately hoped that a cold shower would help calm down my nerves but it did nothing of that sort, other than giving me sneezes once in a while. Like I had decided I remained in my room the whole day muching on the dry fruits and choco pies kept on the study desk.

But the haunted hour's arrival was inevitable. It was six o' clock in the evening and I had to start getting ready.

Why did I agree with that asshole when he asked if we should go the the event together?

I can't even go separately now.
He would think that I am chickening out in the last moment.

I freshened up and put on a bathrobe before starting with my hair and makeup. I was in the mood for something bold which is why I opted for a little smoky eyes and cherry gloss. After I was done styling my hair, I put on some dangling silver earings and sprayed a rose scented perfume on my wrist.

He held this wrist last night...he held it so gently.

I wish he hadn't let go.

Jisung not the time!

I shook off the foolish thoughts in my head and got into my outfit.

Why did I decide to put on this outfit again?
I can't even tie the stupid waist chain.

Shit.

The chain fell from my hand and slid across the floor.

All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Why is he here right now?

"I-It's unlocked." I said trying to curtain the nervousness in my voice.

For some reason I held by breath back as the door opened...to reveal what made my jaw fall open and the air get punched right out of my lungs.

He...in that suit...his hair has grown longer over the past months as well...SHIT.

My eyes widened even more when I saw him look down and kneel on the floor.

"What are you..."

He picked up my waist chain in his left hand and looked up at me before saying, "You dropped this."

I took the chain from his palm, my nerves creating a havoc within me. Quickly looking away from his deep brown orbs what the only and the safest option for me in that moment.

"Uh...is your shoulder okay?" I asked trying to blow out the sudden smoke of tension rising in the air.

"Yeah. The bandage is intact under my suit. You did a nice job last night." He said making me want to choke on air.

This bi-

"Let me do it." And with that he simply took the chain from my hand again.

"It's fine. I can do it myself." I said, looking up at him. His gaze intense and nerve wracking.

WHY IS HE THIS TALLER THAN ME???

"I don't think you can. Besides I just want to return the favor. You helped me last night didn't you?"

That smirk. That stupid cocky as smirk is back again!

I will beat you up I swe-

"A sharp squeal was pushed out of my lips as he twirled me around to face the mirror of the dressing table by my fucking waist!"

His warm hands holding it securely like a belt.

And those veins...

Shit.

His touch left my waist for a moment before he wrapped the chain around it. A clicking sound boomed in the otherwise silent room declaring that the ornament was perfectly tied.

I couldn't help but look up at the mirror to see him staring back at me, his hands still holding my waist. I tried to turn back to thank him. The keyword here being "tried".

Because instead of moving away from him, my body was pulled back against his chest, as his hands dipped into my waist. Yet his touch felt affectionate and gentle somehow.

I didn't even get the time to recover from this initial shock when I got another one as he pressed his lips on the back on my neck.

His lips didn't leave my skin till it painted me it's colour. I didn't let him to detach his lips from me either. I just stood there in his arms, my body against his, my eyes fluttered shut.

I felt safe. I felt hopefu...

No. I can't feel this way. I must not feel this way. I can never let him make me feel this way again!

Yet I couldn't find it in me to push him away. Till he willingly parted himself from me. His lips oh so softly touching my ears as they whispered,

"This is how you do it properly."

And then, I heard his steps march away from me, towards the door. But before he left he said, "I will be waiting in the car."

I heard the door shut behind him and that was finally when I unfroze from my spot and looked up.

What just happened?

Wait...is that...did this asshole just...

He left a mark on my neck!

I stared at the skin he had bruised...well, kissed, in the mirror.

I huffed and cursed at him a million times, stomping my boots on the ground in frustration.

Why couldn't I say anything to his face! That asshole! Ughhhh.

How dare he kiss my neck?!

Why couldn't he kiss my lips?

Wait...what I am thinking?! I have officially gone insane.

Just as I was drowing in my maddening thoughts I got a call from Lixie saying that they had already reached the venue. Most of the guests had gathered as well.

Shit.

I decided to switch off my useless brain for the time being and hurried downstairs, out of the mansion to the car.

It was a sleek black BMW (I don't know which exact model because I don't really care about cars. Like what even is the hype? They all come with four wheels).

The driver opened the door for me. I thanked him before sitting inside the car beside...him.

He was staring at me again with those stupid deep brown eyes. And even as the car started and I looked away at the window, I could still feel his gaze on me.

Is he wearing a new cologne. Why does he smell so good?

Wait a minute is he...looking at my neck?!

I noticed that that stupid hickey he left on my skin could be seen. I instantly pulled up the collar of my crop suit to hide it.

And that marked the return of his stupid smirk on his stupid face.

I scoffed looking away at the window again, and glued my gaze outside till we finally arrived at the venue.

The ride was only for fifteen minutes but it felt like fifteen centuries because a jackass wouldn't stop staring at me.

What do I look like? A fucking painting at some museum? What a dumbass.

The moment the car stopped in front of a lavish resort, the driver immediately got out to open the door for me. I thanked him again as I got out only to be taken aback by the blinding flashes of lights. They were cameras.

Why is there so many media people here?!

Why are they pointed their mikes at me?

What should I do?

"Mr. Jisung is it true that you are the lost son of Actor Yongsun and Producer Moonbyul!"
"Did you run away from your house?" "Where were you all these years?"
"What were you doing in Malaysia?"
"Are you really J.One? The renowned Art Film Director?"
"Answer our questions Mr. Han!"
"Mr. Han!"
"Mr. Han!"
"MR. HAN!"

"Hannie."

I felt a presence by my side, a grounding one that pulled me up from the whirlpool of anxiousness I was getting subsumed in. The presence made me look to my side to find him...giving me a reassuring, warm smile as he offered me his hand.

As if my hand was meant to be in his, my fingers brushed against his palm as he pulled me closed to him.

The cameras, the flashes, the noise all faded into the background. Once again, he was all that mattered. My gaze never leaving his face till we entered the banquet hall decorated extravagantly for the party.

Almost immediately we were greeted by my parents and Mr. Jung Hoseok and Mrs. Hwasa. Even Sannie hyung's eomma and appa were there. While eomma and Mrs. Hwasa hugged me, appa quickly threw a glare at him and in turn he immediately left my hand.

This idiot...

....but honestly he is kind of adorable. He looks like a scared kitten.

I tried to suppress a giggle as he bowed in front of my parents.

Is this the same Lee Know from school?

Soon Lixie, Hyunjin Jeongin and Wooyoung had gathered around us as well along with Ryujin and Yeji. The other kids being too small were being baby sat by Seungminah's parents.

Ryujin immediately ran towards me and her appa earning kisses from both of us.

Once my parents, the Choi couple and Mr. and Mrs. Jung, left to get Ryujin and Yeji some food, Hynjinah told me that the "appa gang", that is their respective husbands were at the bar.

"Alchoholics." Wooyoungie scoffed while sipping on his glass of margarita.

"Uhh Jisung?"

"Yes?" At last I looked at him again.

"I'd just go meet the appa gang-...I mean the others at the bar. I will be back soon."

He seemed to be proud of finally being a part of the appa gang now.

But...

Why is he telling me all this?

I don't care where you go and where you don't go.

I nodded in reponse nevertheless and watched him excuse himself from the others and head towards the bar.

Away from me.

Why did you go? Is whiskey more important than me?

"Another alcoholic." Jeonginnie snickered.

We all soon got immersed in chit chats which mostly involved Hyunjin and Wooyoung sharing scandalous gossips about some of the most esteemed guests present there. The gossip continued until...

"Good evening everyone. May I have your attention please."

All eyes went towards the stage, where I saw him in front of a mike stand with a glass of champagne in his hand.

"As you all know that tonight is the celebration for our new product launch- the audiobook Happiness. And we shall also commemorate our partnership with the Choi-Jung Film Label. I would like to thank all my freinds, employees and everyone who put in their heart and souls to make this happen. I guess it does help you as the chairman if your board of directors are your best friends." Laughter filled the air before he continued, "But if I had to dedicate tonight to someone, it would be to all the mothers. Every single person who happily give their days, months, years of unconditional love and immeasurable care for their children. Without the carriers, our eommas, we wouldn't be here. And an eomma's resilience, strength and unshakeable affection towards their child is what truly inspired me. And I am sure it will be inspiring more and more people everywhere across the world. I hope this product can be a good company for each person who is in their journey of motherhood. Thank you."

He raised his glass as cheers erupted in the room. I found myself joining the applause, a sudden surge of warmth spreading through my heart as his eyes bore into mine.

His smile grew wider and I knew a similar smile was on my face as well.

But that smile disappeared soon. And only an expression horror remained on my face and in my heart as another voice breached my ears.

A voice I prayed to never hear again even in my nightmares.

"Wah! Great job son! I am proud of you."

Er-rica.

The witch in a dark green dress walked onto the stage, her heels clicking on floor trampling all over my ground of existence.

"Didn't her arrival get postoned or something?" I heard Hyunjin say.

"Mhmm. That's what Minho hyung told us." Lixie answered.

Why is she here?

I could feel my lungs getting suffocated, my legs standing on hollow nothingness, my vision getting blurred with tears.

Ryujin!

I looked around to search for my daughter. But she was nowhere to be seen. She was not even next to Yeji who was standing with her appa, Chan hyung.

My baby. Oh no. No. No no no.

"As much as the speech my older son just delivered was great, I must add something. There is another announcement that must be made." The witch continued. Her voice raking a terrifying storm through my soul.

Murmurs of confusion and curiosity arose amongst the guests gathered while I tried make way through the crowd to look for my child.

Ryu, where are you?

"My son, Minho has worked hard all these years for our family's name and honor. But now it's finally time for him to live a happy life of his own. He has looked after us till now. Thus there must be someone to look after him as well. And so, I am happy to announce that my son is engaged with the daughter of our close friends, the Parks. Park Mona please come to the stage my dear."

Shatter.

My eyes returned to the stage. Mona in a sleek black dress appeared on it, with an elegant smile on her face as she stood next to him.

No.

It happened again.

I felt as if I was pulled back into the darkest pit of my past. But I couldn't be bothered about that darkness now. My priority was my daughter. I must find her first.

I need to leave this place. I need to keep Ryu safe.

I shouldn't have returned.

I shouldn't have returned with him.

"NO! MY APPA WON'T MARRY THAT LADY!"

Ryujin?

A tiny figure made her presence on the stage as she ran to hug her appa defensively.

"Appa will only marry eomma!" She cried as he crounched down to hold her close.

He held her in a protective way.

He is shielding her from the witch in front of them!

"And where is your eomma sweetie?" Mona asked, her smile as twisted as her soul. My daughter cowered away from her and buried her face into her appa's suit.

"There!" She said pointing into the crowd right at me.

There was a gap created amongst this crowd as people parted on two side of the room.

I could feel everyone eyes on me.

Eyes that were questioning me, judging me, berating me.

I wanted to run away but I couldn't.

I need to be there for my daughter. She needs me.

So, I walked towards the stage to Ryujin and kneeled on the ground before her and her appa. I could feel his gaze on me too. But this gaze was comforting me, it was supporting me, it encouraged me.

I gently stroke my child's hair making her unhide her face from her appa's chest and look at me.

"Ryu is okay?"

She nodded her head at once as I wiped the tears off her face.

"Eomma is okay?" My baby asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Your eomma must have lied to your dear. That man is not your appa."

Mona's voice echoed in my ears again.

I stood up to face her, my daughter hiding behind me, hugging my waist.

"Ah look the charity case has returned. Did you actually come back in hopes to take more advantage of Minho? You must be trying to seduce him and trap him in your innocent facade again, aren't you? And you dare to call whatever blood is running in that girl his! You bitch!"

"That's enough Mona!" I heard him yell.

"It's fine." I said. "Let her spill more nonsense. That's all she is good at."

Mona scoffed.

I took a step forward as her expression grew more distasteful. "You called me a bitch right? Maybe I am. But you have heard what they say, haven't you Mona? It takes one to know one."

"You slu-" She raised her hand to strike me, but I didn't let her.

I wouldn't let her question neither my character nor my daughter's virtue.

So, I twisted the hand she had raised at me as I stopped it from toughing my face. She winced in pain before I let her nasty hand go.

"Be careful. Your words have consequences. Maybe you didn't face them last time. But this time, I myself will make sure that you do."

"Jisung! Don't you dare speak to Mona that way. That's some big talk from a nobody piece of dirt. We gave you shelter in our house and now you want to be the ruler of it?"

"Nobody you say? That is our son. The only child of Han Moonbyul and Han Yongsun. Mind your words Erica before your lies get your tongue cut. My son brought up his daughter all on his own. He needs neither my name or your son's. Jisung is more than capable enough on his own." My eyes turned to the side to see appa in front of the crowd glaring at Erica, with my eomma looking as infuriated.

Their presence gave me strength, more power to hold onto my ground.

But suddenly amongst the crowd there emerged flashes. Multiples flashes of cameras as several strangers raised their mikes and started throwing questions at me, my parents and even my daughter.

Who let the media inside?

"That doesn't change the fact that your son is trying to use my son for his money and power. If he is so dignified why did he come back all of a sudden just when Minho was about to get married to someone else. If not to jump on the chance to guilt my son into accepting him and his daughter. What proof does he have that Minho is his child's father? Why should we belief anything he says!"

No no no....this can't be happening!

I turned back to look down at my dayghter to see her scared little face full of big tears as she kept desperately holding onto my waist. I crouched infront of her holding her close, covering her ears so she couldn't hear the poison being spewed around her.

This is exactly why I left this place!
So that my daughter wouldn't have to hear such questions!
But now...even my parents have to bear humiliation because of me!

"Mr. Jisung is Mr. Lee really your daughter's biological father?"
"What is your relationship with Mr. Lee?"
"Are you fabricating your identity to the Han couple? Are you presenting yourself as their long lost son for their money as well?
"Who is your father girl? Is your eomma lying?"
"Mr. Jisung? Answer us!"
"Mr. Jisung!"
"MR. HAN JISUNG!"

"Hannie."

I heard his voice in my head again.

"Hannie." I heard it louder this time as I felt a warm touch on my shoulder. I looked up, still trying to shield my daughter from the prying eyes and the camera flashes.

"Hannie." He said again. He was calling me that name in reality.

He held my shoulder pulling me up on my feet before he picked Ryujin up in his arms. The deafening noises had now turned into whispers as he wiped my...our daughter's tears.

"You want proof?" He spoke facing the crowd, "I am the proof. I am Lee Ryujin's appa!"

"But Minho you promised to marry me!" Mona whined earning a glare from the said man.

"I never promised you anything. I have merely tolerated you all these years as solely a business acquaintance." He turned to the crowd again, "And let me make this clear. If I am to marry anyone ever," he took my hand and intertwined our fingers, his eyes held a promise, a true one as they looked into mine, "then that would only be to Han Jisung, and no one else."

Hoots and cheers erupted from a part of the people gathered in the place. They were coming from our friends.

My gaze returned to my eomma and appa who were smiling at me.

"Our son, be strong. We are right here."

They said without uttering any words.

"I know."

They heard my response through my returning smile.

"For everyone present here." I looked back at him again, his hand gently yet firmly holding mine, his arm though injured held Ryujin against his wounded shoulder like a shell holds its pearl. He spoke loud and clear, assertiveness booming in every single word that left his lips, "This is my family! And if anyone dares to question them or hurt them in anyway, I will burn that person's life to the ground."

And with that, with our hands still linked, with Ryujin still safe in her appa's embrace, he led us to make our way outside. Not to flee the prying eyes but to made them cast downwards so they wouldn't dare look up at me or Ryujin again.

We walked to our car side by side, as Ryujin hugged her appa closer. I rubbed her back with her my other hand as the driver started the vehicle.

His warmth never once abandoning me as we made our way back home-

Home?

_______________________

P.s. Did you like the drama? Then brace yourselves cuz more is to come ;)

Take care, see you tomorrow <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 24.8K 42
Minho and Jisung are childhood best friends. They're inseparable. Until Jisung started acting strange, suddenly trying to distance himself from Minho...
3.2K 71 19
This was simply inspired by the falling in reverse song fashionably late. Minho who is the most popular guy in school is dating Jia the popular priss...
49.6K 1.4K 52
~"I need you... I need you to be my pretend boyfriend."~ Highschool AU Minhos a rich high school kid and Jisung is a poor highschooler that's barley...
103K 2.6K 53
DISCLAIMER: this is the first book ive ever written so its shitty asf. soz 😭 [High school AU] Although Jisung is younger than Minho, he is the one c...