Colliding Stars (Minsung)

By etoile_fic

A Minsung story (Cover edit: Made by me) ~ "You deserve nothing! You don't deserve my trust. You never did."... More

Warnings and Credits
Character Introduction
Prologue
Extras
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Contact
Chapter 3: Keychain and Minions
Chapter 4: Group hug
Chapter 5: Stay
Chapter 6: Americano & Cheesecake
Chapter 7: Halo
Chapter 8: Magic and Fanta
Chapter 9: Moonie's Triplets
Chapter 10: Kiss and Caps
Chapter 11: La Vie En Rose
Chapter 12: Make A Wish (M)
Chapter 13: Cold
Characters (6 years later)
Chapter 14: Loose Heartstrings
Chapter 15: Curtains and Helmets
Chapter 16: Happiness
Chapter 17: Life of the Party
Chapter 18: Fairytale
Chapter 19: Lingering Sweetness
Chapter 20: Turbulence
Chapter 21: Soonie Doongie Dori
Chapter 23: Bruises & Bandages
Chapter 24: Battle of B!tches
Chapter 25: Unsaid
Chapter 26: Secrets
Chapter 27: Truth Tape
Chapter 28: Blood vs Bond
Chapter 29: Haven
Chapter 30: Dots & Dates (M)
Chapter 31: Last First (M)
Chapter 32: Bells (M)
Bonus : Happy Ever After (M)
Epilogue
New BookπŸ’«

Chapter 22: Family

570 29 13
By etoile_fic

(All Credits to the rightful owners.)

Wordcount: 4.3k

Minho P.O.V

*Flashback begins*

I don't know why since that factory boy...well Chipmunk came to live with us, I seem to have this urge to run back home every time I am outside. Just be close to him. Be by his side. But when I do run into him in the hallway outside Yongbok's...well now it's Yongbok and Chipmunk's room, I get absolutely overwhelmed by a jittery feeling doing fireworks in my heart. I feel running away and hiding back in my room.

I am going insane! If I had any idea that all this crazy stuff would be happening when appa told us that an orphaned boy would be coming to live in our house, I would have...well I don't really know what I would have done. This is all so...new.

To be honest when I heard that Chipmunk had lost both his parents, I wanted to go and talk to him. Tell him I know how he feels. Tell him that he isn't alone. That I am right there with him. I always will be.

But instead I found myself consciously avoiding his very sight every second I spent at home. I even started to return home extremely late after everyone had already fallen alseep. I did get reprimandeed by my father for this a lot but he will be going away on another business trip very soon anyway. So, who cares.

One of the nights I had returned home at around 2am. Woo ajumma had to quietly sneak me in inside the house so that I didn't wake up appa and get a scolding from him again. I was just about to climb up the dimly lit stairs to my room when I saw a narrow ray of bright light coming from the downstairs lobby. My father's home office was located there.

Appa never stays awake this late.

For some reason I decided to follow that ray of light. I stopped behind the slightly open door of the office and could hear my father's voice coming from inside. He seemed to be on a call. He sounded agitated.

"We need to show the documents to the child protect service. The boy's school admission will be tricky as well if we don't have a valid birth certificate. But I guess I can deal with that in some other way."

Is he talking about Chipmunk?

"I get that Mr. Davis." Appa continued.

Mr Davis...isn't that appa's secretary?

"But what I don't understand is why would the boy's father, Mr. Oh have a fabricated birth certificate of his own child. The document doesn't even have the father's name on it. And Only Mrs. Han written in the mother's section. Isn't it supposed to be Mrs. Oh instead? The mother is supposedly dead but we have no documents about her, not even a photograph or her death certificate. You said you checked our company's recordings. We barely have any information about Mr. Oh himself. Something doesn't click. Find out who employed him. Also check all the hospitals in Incheon for anything we might find about Jisung and his mother. This is a little boy's life we are dealing with. We can't just sit back knowing his mother might be alive."

What?! My Chipmunk's eomma is alive?

...Wait did I just say "my" Chipmunk?

*Flashback ends*

I didn't like a lot of things about my appa. How he refused to look at me directly at my face for more than a few minutes. How he refused to speak about my eomma even when I asked him about her. How he never really cared, and just abandoned me at every chance he got. Well we never had a good relationship or even a relationship at all to begin with.

But what I did admire about him was his love for Yongbok and his years of attempts to find my Hannie's mother.

Since that day I would often sneak in my father's office late at night and check the files in which he used to keep track of Hannie's background information and anything new he would find about it. One of the major reasons (probably the only one) I took interest in joining the company at an early age was the opportunity to have direct conversations with Mr. Davis on this matter. I requested the man to not tell my appa that I know that he was searching for Hannie's mother. Soon after my appa's death his secretary retired. I took it entirely upon myself to continue with the search, for my Hannie's sake.

I know what the absence of your mother feels like. The feeling of emptiness. And if there was even one percent chance of Hannie to stop feeling that way, I would do anything to find his mother.

Later, even when Hannie's absence also darkened my days, the search didn't stop. When my brother and friends joined our company they too helped me in this secret little mission. And I have been getting closer and closer to the mission's goal.

I found my Hannie. Now it was time for him to find his eomma.

"May we come in Boss?" I looked up from the open file on my desk on hearing the knock on my office door.

I rolled my eyes when they caught my two god awful...I mean best friends Chan and Changbin displaying fake grins at me before Chan kicked open the door.

"Knocking the door? Calling me boss? And then kicking the door? Way to be polite guys." I said as they plopped themselves on the chairs in front of me.

"Whatever. How is Jisung?" Changbin asked.

"Better, I hope. I dropped him off at San's house. Ryu and he will be living there for now. Wooyong wouldn't leave Jisung alone in some hotel after knowing he got sick."

"That's good. They are good people." Chan said.

I scoffed.

"Except that San. Way too cocky." I said earning chuckles from the two clowns before me.

"That's coming from the cold prince Lee Know! What an irony." Changbin said and I kicked his feet from under the desk in return.

He groaned as a sarcastic smile formed on my lips.

"Gosh, we haven't called him that in ages. Isn't it right Lee Know-ah?" Chan joked.

"Ha ha. Very funny." I said monotonously before continuing, "Can we get to the reason I called you two here?"

The two nodded, their expression finally turning serious.

I took in a drep breath as they waited for me to speak.

"I found them." I said.

"Them? You mean..." Chan asked expectantly.

"Mhmm. Hannie's eomma."

"Tell me you are not joking Minho-ah. Otherwise I will have to kill my husband's brother!" Changbin stood up from his seat, obviously elevated. So was Chan.

I shook my head.

"Look." I turned my laptop for it to face my friends.

I got up from my chair and stood beside them, tapping on the keys on my device till an image appeared on the screen.

"She...is his mother?" Chan questioned in astonishment.

I nodded.

"Han Yongsun. Or Solar, her stage name."

"Dude, she was one of the most popular musical theatre actresses when she was in the business. But she retired more than two decades ago." Changbin said googling up her name on his phone and showing us a poster of one her plays.

"Yes. That is her. Her maided surname is Kim. And look..." I clicked the key to slide onto the next two pictures on my laptop as both Chan and Changbin's jaws fell wide open.

"Tha-at's t-the hip hop rapper and record producer Han Moon Byul! She is the greatest of our times. Fuck, she was my idol growing up." Chan gasped.

"I know. All this is a LOT to take in. Miss Moonbyul even built her own company. She and Mrs. Yongsun had been together since their college days and got married once both were established in their respective careers. They basically were the "it" couple of the entertainment industry."

"About twenty seven years ago, they announced the news of Miss Yongsun's pregancy. They were expecting their first child. The news spread like wildfire as the public and media alike conveyed congratulatory messages to the happy couple." I added.

"Everything was going well, their child was born and Mrs. Yongsun was supposed to be back on stage the next year. But suddenly out of nowhere, Miss Moonbyul shut down her company and her wife quit her career as well. They just disappeared from the public's eye. There was no news about their child as well. Few years later some magazine reported that the couple had been living in Malaysia. Mrs. Yongsun was suffering from chronic depression and her wife took her to another country away from the flashes of cameras to help them recover from the loss of their child." I explained.

"Jisung! Oh gosh, he had be living so close to his parents these past years and he never even knew." Chan said.

"Well, the Han couple returned to Seoul a couple of years ago. They started an organisation for orphaned children. Guess what it's called. The 'Sung My Heart Home'. They often go to these orphanages and visit the children themselves."

"They spend entire days talking to the kids, singing and playing with them and listening to all their worries. They have already sponsered more than a hundred underprivileged children's education with the money they have saved up. But inspite of focusing on all this the ratchet paparazzi only cares about how they lost their child. But Miss Moonbyul is very adamant about keeping this matter private. My sources are of course much better than that of dispatch. It took some time but I found out that their son was kidnapped the day he was born from the very hospital he was given birth in."

"So, how did you find out that Jisung is that son?" Changbin asked me.

"Remember I told you guys that my father secretly got Hannie's DNA report. Well I have been sending its copies to every hospital of this country trying to get a match. Recently Miss Moonbyul took her wife to the Seoul Capital Hospital's psychiatric ward. Mrs. Yongsun's anxiety episodes had worsened. They both got some other tests done as well for check up. And well, I got the information from the hospital director this morning."

Chan and Changbin kept staring at me with bright smiles on their faces. I smiled back when I tasted salt on my lips. It was then that I realised that tears of joy had escaped my eyes unbeknownst to me.

"And guess what!" I said excitedly, "Wooyoung's mother, Mrs. Jung Hwasa, the famous singer, she is an old friend of the Han couple. Can you believe the coincidence! Everything is finally falling into place for my Hannie." I laughed, my heart felt full at the thought of his smile when he would finally see his parents.

"I found them guys! I found my Hannie's eomma. I found his parents!" I said, tears now leaving my eyes relentlessly as the smile refused to leave my face.

My friends instantly brought me into a big hug as they patted my back.

"We have got to tell the others!" Changbin cheered.

"Yeah. And I will contact Miss and Mrs. Han right away. I want them to meet their son as soon as possible." I said.

"Ask them to come to San's place! He invited us all for dinner tonight. Wooyoung's parents will also be there." Chan informed.

"Okay. That's great!" I said and the two left my office after smilingly giving me one last pat on my shoulder.

I sighed, in relief...in victory.

I found them Hannie. You don't have to wait any longer.

Quickly turning back to my desk, I picked up my phone and dialed his eomma's number that I got from the hospital director. My hand ran cold in anticipation, as it held the phone ringing near my ear.

Hope bloomed in my heart to see my love's happiness. To see his smile.

.
.
.

Jisung P.O.V

"Hannie."

"How could I forget? I can never forget a single thing you told me."

"You are more than everything you just said. So, get used to me looking at you that way."

But how?

How do I get used to it? How do I let my heart beat for you again, when you are the one who broke it? My heart is fragile. It cannot endure another shatter.

But how do I stop it from believing your words? How do I stop it from yearning to hear you call me that name again and again?

Don't make me dream again if you intend on destroying those dreams too. Don't make me love you again if you don't intend on returning that love.

Don't make addicted to your warmth again if you intend on leaving me cold like you did 6 years ago.

"Eomma!"

My daughter's voice broke the spiral of my thoughts as I looked up to see her enter our room and jump on the bed to give me a hug.

"What is it my angel?" I said hugging her back.

"Wooyoung samchon's eomma and appa are here! Let's go. They are downstairs. They gave me so many candies eomma! Come on, I will show you."

What time is it? Weren't they supposed to arrive a bit before dinner.

I turned my eyes towards the window to see through the narrow gap between the drawn curtains the city lights already turned on to illuminate the dark sky.

Shit. It's evening already!

"Ryu, you go downstairs. Eomma will change and follow you in two minutes. Okay?" I said turning back to my baby.

She nodded with a bright smile on her face and she hopped off the bed to run out off the door after yelling "Come down fast!"

"Don't run down the stairs!" I yelled back and shook my head as I got out of the bed I had been laying in for longer than I should have since yesterday.

Once Min- he dropped me off here, he spend some time with Ryujin in the living room for a while before he left to go to his office.

Why did I feel sad when he was leaving! Why did I want him to stay?

These questions kept bothering me the entire day and night. Wooyoungah had insisted that I stay here with Ryujin for now and I would be damned if I refused him. So, except for leaving the room for the three meals of the day, I had been brooding on my bed, trying not to miss that stupid bastard and failing miserably.

And Ryujin, well she stayed in Sannie hyung's parents room like Taehyun and Kai did.

The brothers love their grandparents so much and would cling to them all day, listening to their stories and what not. And their gandparents loved them the same.

San hyung definitely got his kind nature from his parents. Both are so welcoming, they made me feel utterly welcomed in their home. They even treat Ryujin like their own grandkid for which I am immensely grateful.

Although I can't help but wonder, what it would have been like if Ryujin ever got to meet her own grandma too. I know she wonders the same. She didn't tell me so. She didn't have to. I know my daughter. She doesn't ask questions she knows might hurt me, but she can't shield her own hurt from me either.

A heavy sigh escaped my throat as I got into a little more formal clothing. I left the guest room I was staying in and walked downstairs.

And I was instantly greeted by a chirpy Wooyoung who dragged me towards the living room.

"Oh Sungie I can't wait for you to meet my parents!" He said as we haulted in front of an older man in posh dressing, holding little Taehyun in his arms.

"Appa. Meet Ryujin's eomma." Wooyong said as I bowed before Mr. Jung.

"Oh so you are the eomma of the lovely little miss over there. She was just telling me stories about you!" Mr. Jung said with a smile as bright as the sun.

I looked at the sofa where Ryujin was now sharing her candy with her Hyunkai dongsaeng.

I looked back at the kind man and said returning his smile, "Yes. Pleasure to meet you Mr. Jung. I am Jisung."

"Jisung? Han Jisung?" All of a sudden a voice boomed in the room.

The voice was familiar, it was warm, it was...

"The blue haired lady?" The words left my mouth as I saw a woman standing behind Mr. Jung. She stepped forward and stood in front of me with mositure in her eyes and a soft smile on her face.

.
.
.
.

"Okay, all the kids are with my parents in their room. Now tell us what's going on Jisung." San hyung said as he entered the outdoor barbeque area in their yard.

He took a seat on the couch beside Wooyoung who in turn was sitting next to me.

And in front of us across the centre table, on another couch were Mr. Jung and his wife...

"That's my eomma. Her name is Hwasa. Why did you call her "the blue haired lady". Her hair is literally black." Wooyong said, curiosity pouring out of his voice.

I looked at Mrs. Jung as she gave me an encouraging nod.

Hence, I finally spoke.

"She...umm when I was around six years old, I met her. Wooyongie's eomma. She was with my appa at that time. But she quickly got to learn my father's true colours. Mrs. Jung was the first person who saved me from my appa's beatings. I was too young to remember her name. The only thing I did remember is her having short blue hair unlike now. I always wanted to see you Mrs. Jung. To say how grateful I am for the kindness you showed me. I can't believe you are Wooyoung's mother!" I said as I walked upto Mrs. Hwasa to hug her.

She immediately got up from the couch and hugged me back. Her hug was as warm as I remember it to be.

"Oh my sweet child, I am so very happy to see you." She said cupping my cheeks as she wiped my tears.

She made me sit next to her and kept stroking my back lovingly.

"This is the best coincidence ever!" Wooyoung said with a bright smile making me look at him.

Wait...Wooyoung is a year older than me...and if his mother was dating my appa when I was six years old...

Confusion overtook me but I decided not to ask any invasive questions.

"It's okay Sungie. I know what you must be thinking." I looked up at Wooyoung again who was still smiling at me softly.

"Actually Hwasa eomma is my step mother. My birth mother passed away when I five years old." He said.

"Yes dear. When I was with that sick man who dared to call himself a father, I was extremely poor. Having run away from home to pursue my dreams to be a singer, I didn't know enough about the outside world. When he started to show signs of abuse towards me as well, I just escaped. Then I met Hoseok and my lovely son Wooyoung. They became my family, my support system, my everything." Mrs. Jung to her husband who was smiling back at her warmly.

"No eomma. You were the one who became our support system. Dad was a wreck before you came along. I was too. You know Sungie, this is probably the first time I refered to eomma as my step mother. She has always loved me as if I were her own." Wooyoung said, he seemed to be getting a bit emotional.

"You are my own, pabo-ah! Now you come here too." Mrs. Jung said as Wooyoung happily ran into her arms.

Mr. Jung smiled admiringly at his wife and son. He let Wooyoung take the seat beside Mrs. Hwasa while Mr. Hoseok went to sit beside an equally joyful looking San.

Mrs. Hwasa looked back at me again. And I was saddened to see that this time her eyes were not only filled with warmth but a strange sense of...guilt?

She took my hands and held it gently on her lap before saying, "I am so sorry Jisung. I wanted to take you with me that day. But I was young myself and too scared. I didn't know what to do. I know that's not an excuse. I have regretted leaving you there in that hell hole every single day eversince then. Once I got married I went back to that same place to search for you. But I heard from the locals that your father had passed away but they couldn't tell me anything about you. I prayed and prayed that you were okay. I am so sorry my child." She said, her eyes casted down in shame.

I immediately squeezed her hands to make her look up at me.

"Please Mrs. Jung. Don't apologise. I feel nothing but gratitude towards you. You showed me what kindness is. You were the person to teach me its meaning. Don't feel bad. It's all in the past now." I said, honestly.

"How can I not feel ashamed son? You know...when I made it in my career, I met a couple when I was on tour in Malaysia. They became some of my closest friends and mentors. I couldn't grasp the fact that two people who had experienced such loss were still so selfless and kind to others. They had lost their child dear...no he was kidnapped! And you know what that child's name is?"

I shook my head, in confusion. I was totally baffled.

Why is Mrs. Jung suddenly talking about two strangers? Why is my heart aching as she mentions them?

"Jisung. His name is Jisung." She said.

My eyes widened and my throat dried. I heard gasps erupt around the room.

"I couldn't help but think that maybe that Jisung is you. I still don't know for sure, but I tried to find you. I had to. To make sure. In hopes that maybe you would find the love two parents had been yearning to give their lost son for years. But I failed to reach you. I had to give up eventually. I never told them about any of it. I couldn't. I felt so...so guilty! That guilt has been eating me up day by day. I felt as if I made my friends loose their last chance of finding their child back. Maybe if I had taken you with me all those years back-"

"Mrs. Jung...w-what are you..." I retreated my hands from her and gulped down the tears straining my throat, "Them? Whom are you talking about?" A cry threatened to escape my lips, my eyes felt numb...my heart felt deprived.

Deprived of something I could have had all along, deprived of something I didn't know I had in the first place.

"Please Mrs. Jung tell me. Who are they?" I repeated standing up on my feet.

"Han Moonbyul and Han Yongsun."

Min-

My eyes turned to the entrance of the yard at once where stood a brown haired man, his sharp cat like eyes soft as they looked at me. His lips held an assuring smile. And as he stepped away I saw two women, one tall with short dark hair and the other shorter with long black hair tied up in a messy bun.

They were waiting...waiting for me.

The shorter lady named Yongsun clasped her hands as she fell to her knees on the ground. Her wife Miss Moonbyul with tears in her own eyes crounched down to hold the sobbing woman.

And then, as if my feet were floating on air, I found myself stepping closer to them.

Soon I reached them. They were close. Right in front of me. It was all real!

I crouched down as I placed my hand on that of the taller woman holding her crying partner's shoulder who in turn looked up at me.

"Jisung?" She whispered.

"E-eomma? I said.

She laughed, tears spilling down her eyes. They were tears of joy!

I now looked to her side, at Miss Moonbyul.

"And I am your appa." She said, failing to hold back her tears anymore.

A sob escaped my own mouth. A sob of ecstasy! One of discovering a treasure. Finding back what I didn't realise I had never lost in the first place.

"Eomma! Appa!" I cried as they both brought me into their embrace.

It was so warm!

So warm...I finally felt like a little child I was never allowed to be.

I found my identity. My family.

.
.
.

Author's P.O.V

And as the little boy cried his heart out in his parent's arms, there was another boy with dark brown hair standing a little far away, his heart cried as well.

In utter bliss.

Tears left his eyes in silence as he muttered under his breath, "I did it eomma."

He thanked the miraclulous blessings showered upon him, the powers of which let his Hannie feel the warmth he deserved.

He deserved a family.

________________

Footnote: Both Moonbyul and Solar's natural hair in this story is black. But they used to bleach it as they were artists.

P.s. Chipmunk Byuli and her Quokka son 🤭

Also if males can be eomma, then Moonbyul can be an appa as well. And anyway irl she prefers masculine adjectives. So, I thought of making Jisung call her appa in this story.

After all the shit I put Jisung through, it's finally time for him to be happy. I really hope you liked this chapter!

Keep streaming 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (AHWUWBEJQOEHWOQOAJBWLQA) and I will see you tomorrow <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 1.4K 25
Jisung and Minho's story started in boarding school, there was no denying the tension and attraction they had for one another but it was much more th...
23.5K 664 12
Han Jisung one shots cause why not? I don't write a spesific genre, expect anything from me. And it's cringy as hell. You'll barely find smut in her...
24.8K 1.5K 73
"So you're telling me all this time you had no feelings for me? Are you fucking kidding me?" "Seeing the affect I had on you drove me crazy to ruin y...
10.5K 698 24
A Chanjin Vampire story (Cover edit: Made by me) ~ He made me feel loved without his touch. He kissed my scars without an ounce of lust. Should I b...