𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 | 𝑺...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠......𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞, �... More

|𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐄|
| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈 |
𝟏 | 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬
𝟐 | 𝐍𝐞𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬
𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟔 | 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟖 | 𝐀𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫
~ 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝟏 ~
|𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈|
𝟏𝟑| 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟏𝟕| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
|𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈|
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐔𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐬
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚

𝟗 | 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬

237 9 1
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

~*~

BUTTERFLY MANSION

"Seriously Hayami, you need to be careful," 

Wincing slightly she tenderly cleans my opened wounds, while her violet eyes flutter with such an angelic expression.Though she was only two years older, Kanae was such a beauty of the demon slayer corps. Such fair complexion, red lips, long silky ebony locks, and a slender figure.

She was like an angel to everyone, also having such a soft tenderness.

"Sorry," I chuckle, with a smile while she presses a little too hard. Wincing slightly, she then slides down my uniform to reveal more of my wounds, that painfully rested across my flesh. 

She softly smile, "It's fine, at least you came back in one piece," while her yes studying the fresh wounds, that were dressed by Kumeno. "Looks like someone has dressed your wounds, but it needs more proper treatment.......may I?"

Nodding with a contented hum of approval, she unravels the gauze around my shoulder and torso.

"Masachika Kumeno ," 

She tilts her head, "Haven't met him before, is he new?" as I shook my head in response. "Oh guess, we just have places to be then........well I'm grateful he treated you. If he didn't, that would've concerned me."

She pushes another tender spot, while I inhale sharply before she turns around to grab a few things. She's rather calm after she just became the flower Pillar, which was a big role for her. I've never seen her fight before, but she always had that kind of parental aura.

A motherly touch, which seemed to allow me to relax within the butterfly mansion.

"So, your brother ?" She asks softly, while rummaging through the cabinet beside her. "Just saw him a few days ago, he seems to be doing well..."

Her voice shook slightly, as if she was trying to cover up something. 

"Yeah? Did he go on another mission, again?" I ask, while arching a teasing eyebrow in her direction. 

She hums with a nod, "Yeah, h-he stopped by with me-- I mean at the butterfly mansion just to recover," She tucks a strand behind her ear, before turning around holding gauze in her hands. My eyes slowly widen in surprise as I met her eyes, cheeks burning profusely, to the tips of her ears.

"Wait, don't........don't tell me," My voice raises higher, as she quickly lowers eyes already flustered enough. Guilty as can be, it didn't take me long to understand what was going on. "You have a thing for my brother?!"

She cries out shaking her head violently, while trying to subtly deny it all. It wasn't working. She was so bad at keeping secrets. 

"Wah......no, definitely not!" She exclaims, flailing her arms around dropping the gauze to the floor while look bright red. Seriously, I couldn't blame her. My brother was attracting all soughts of women, as he's gotten through a few years from baby face to a handsome brother of mine. 

"It's obvious, so don't hide it," I sigh, nonchalantly.

She clears her throat gathering the gauze from the ground, slowly calming her nerves down. She seemed conflicted with her own emotions, but it was bluntly obvious.

"..........."

Closing my eyes wincing slightly, I shift to a comfortable position while seeing her grip the gauze more tightly. Just seeing her like this, her eyes so focused on the air, and her face burning instantly expressed her internal feelings. She was actually sincere about it, it was no joke.

"I don't mind, actually...." my eyes meet hers, affirming my opinion. "....I would mind you being the one, he dates."

Ever since I've heard Ryuji became the Water Dragon Pillar, those two have been together. He practically taught her many breathes, and especially when one of the pillars saved the Kocho sisters. That's only little information I knew, as I've never met any Pillars than my brother, Kanae and the previous water Pillar.

"Really, wait......." stepping closer, I could tell she was surprised. "......you mean it? You're not weirded out?"

Scoffing softly, "To be honest, I'd rather you than anyone else," I admit softly, as she slips my uniform top completely off. With my bandaged binds wrapped around my chest, she was able to properly gauze my shoulder.

A soft contented smile laces upon her lips, "That makes me feel a little better, thank you......Hayami,"

Her soft delicate hands drift across my tainted skin, as she neatly binds up my wounded shoulder. With bruises heavily discolouring my skin, and scratches visible to the eye, I knew she wouldn't let me fight until at least three days or more if I'm requested in.

Yet, that would only keeping Ryuji away from me more, which left me alone.

I hated to admit it......

A heavy sigh drifts from her lips when a knuckle meets my temple, "Seriously, Yami.....you need to take better care for yourself," She scowls, as her personality completely switches instantly. Her hands rest upon her hips. "At least come here after three missions, unless your not heavily wounded. Your care will prevent further damage for others, it will only burden everyone else."

I pout softly, "I try, just can't be bothered travelling that far,"

She clicks her teeth repeatedly while shaking her head, trailing back to grab some healing oil. Hearing outside the bells chiming together, a soft jingle follows while hearing the fusuma doors open. My eyes instantly shift over to meet with a familiar face, and a young girl I don't seem to recognise.

Kanae spun around, "Oh sister, glad to have you here," She softly muses, while grabbing a few paper towels and oil heading back to me. "Did you bring little Kanao? Isn't she sleeping?"

Shinobu shook her head, "She doesn't seem to be settling in, and she tosses and turns," looking defeated by it all. "Also she doesn't talk, what do I do sister?!"

My attention shifts upon the young child, who seems to be not much younger than ten years old. Her raven hair was neatly placed up in a side ponytail, with a similar butterfly pinned at the hair tie, as her small bangs framed her cute petite face.

"Another sister?" I assume, lifting my eyes to Kanae.

Shaking her head she applies the lavender oil to the painful bruises, against my arms softly and tenderly.

"We adopted her about a week or two ago," She replies softly, while holding a painful smile through her response. Shinobu hums softly while walking around, placing little Kanoe upon the bed not far from where I sat. Her little legs swing on the side, while her eyes look at mine with curiosity noticing she was rather quiet for a child.

Something might've happened, but I didn't have the heart to ask. It might bring back memories, that could haunt her.

"I see....."

"I've heard you're gonna be training under your brother, as his Tsugoku," Shinobu spoke up, joining beside me carefully. "Is that true?"

"Don't know, hope so......" I reply, with uncertainty lacing in my voice. ".....he hasn't spoken to me since I've become a slayer, so I doubt I'll be able to speak with him for awhile or so."

She seemed to be disappointed by my response, but softly smiles.

"I assure you, he'll see you sometime," her soft angelic voice, was so perfect that even her words were filled with sincerity. "Anyway, you hungry? We can have the girls cook up something, you're gonna need it."

With a gentle nod, she smiles while standing and ushered the girls to help her prepare. 

Finally having the room to myself I exhale deeply, before closing my eyes slowly allowing my body to rest. Trying to find something to help me sleep, all I could be greeted with was the painful nightmares. It was difficult to sleep, and it was more difficult to even focus on wanting to sleep into nothingness.

~*~

A WEEK LATER

The water ripples beneath my feet, while the rushing waters swims past down the river at a tranquil pace. The crashing distant waterfalls not far from where I meditated, while trying to recover. A week or so has passed, and I've finally recovered completely. I was just waiting for a mission to be assigned or given to me, but so far nothing has been informed. 

It left me on edge I could go out there, and take the devils that roamed the night.

Difficult as it was, I had plenty of daily hours to train my body. Though I've received word that my brother was around, not once has he visited me. Sometimes I begin to think he was avoiding me, or even just can't be bothered seeing me. Questions overwhelmed my mind, but no matter, I can get by without him for now.

I think.......

"Wow, so pretty!" A soft voice, breaks my train of thoughts.

My eyes flutter open to see the two young nurses approaching the riverside, as the water shifts beneath my feet while turning to them. "What can I do for you two?"

One of them brought out a bento box, "We've made lunch for you, thought you might wanna have a break!

My eyes widen in surprise, but very thankful for their consideration.

"Thank you girls, you didn't have too," walking over to the three, my feet touching the soft grass on the side. "Any news on my brother?"

They all shared the same expression as every other day, before shaking their heads.

"No, sorry......he seems to be busy," The other replies, while passing me my bento. Hesitantly I soon lost my appetite, having this feeling that my brother clearly didn't want to see me. I've always been on my own for a while, but I wanted to train underneath him. To be his Tsuguko, as many Pillar's have lately fallen over the years. The very thought terrified me, but at the same time I was prepared.

"Would you like us to give him a letter, to see you or.....?" one of them suggests, as I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it," I assure them, while gazing at the amazing bento they've made. Shifting the subject I smiled, "Wow, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try it!"

They both bow with respect, "No problem, enjoy!"

Finally giving me privacy again I sunk down to the grass, as my knees rest on the side with my pants rolled to my knees. The air was nippy, as winter was still around but slowly coming to an end. It may be crazy for me to be at the waterfalls, but it actual facts it soothed me. It was my base element, so I would rather learn and use any kind of training here while I can.

Clasping my hands together, I thanked for the meal before slowly eating.

After a matter of minutes my eyes rested tiredly upon the crashing waters, entranced by the rushing waves that created larger ripples to the river. A heavy sigh drifts from my lips, taking another bite into my bento when I sensed someone's presence. My eyes keenly drift to the side, trying to figure their feet pattern or anything.

"Hey, been a while,"

My head snaps around with surprise, recognising him instantly. Not seeing him in at least a few weeks or a month, he's changed quite a lot. Trying to register why he was here, I shot up to my feet while my chest felt relieved from the tension that built up anxiously.

"Ryuji........."

He smiles warmly, "Sorry, for not seeing you after awhile," he apologises, sincerely. Many emotions begin to sway with me, conflicting as it was I didn't care. Placing my bento down, I rush towards and embraced him tightly. He laughs with a 'oof' while burying my face into his large chest, finding his figure has grown taller and buffer. 

"You idiot," I muffled against his uniform, while my hands tightly wrap around. Warm tears silently drift down feeling everything I held in, was pouring out. Silently crying with relief, he pats my head gently.

"You've changed so much," He warmly observes, taken back how we both changed. He pulls away, "You look stronger, I can see and sense it."

Though it's been a month or more ago since we saw each other last, it still felt like a long time which left me lonely.

"Really?" tilting my head up, I soon gasp slightly in shock. "What's.....what happened, here..." touching across my nose invisibly.

He touches the very spot I was referring to, "Oh this? A demon of course, but don't worry," he assures me quickly. "It wasn't fatal."

Giving him a pouting look, while waiting for him to give in.

"You sure?"

He nods, "Yep, anyway......" he raises his hands to his hips, while glancing down. ".......I heard you want to become my Tsuguko? Did I hear right?"

My eyes widen, "Yes, I want to learn more of our families technique!" eagerly I initiated my request, before he gives me a promising expression that it might be granted.

I still recalled moments when we were children as he trained me secretly, behind the pergola at our compound. Every sunrise he would try and teach me a few things, but father managed to catch us. He never gave us the reasoning behind, why I couldn't fight. Why I couldn't become a demon slayer.

Now, we don't have to hide anymore, so I want him to teach me more.....

"Well then, how about we start tomorrow morning?" He suggests folding his arms. "Today I just got back from a short mission, and you're still recovering an--"

"Why not now? I'm ready to go!"

Pinching his chin thoughtfully, he tilts his head on a slight angle, "I don't know, you sure?" He drags the question out, teasingly. His lips curl up in a grin, that seems more mischievous like he was trying to get a reaction out of me.

Rolling my eyes, "Come on, I'm not that injured," I point out, but he presses my shoulder firmly causing me to grimace. 

"You sure?" He raises his voice, provocatively.

"Yes,"

He soon laughs out loud before patting my good shoulder, "Alright! How about we go through some basics, hmm? Sound simple enough, and to start with how few days of training."

"Thank you, big brother!"

~*~

"Alright, good good.......you're getting the hang of this," He teases, while straightening my arms. My body was balanced on the centre of a boulder, that split between the rapid river. He balances himself on the smaller ones around, adjusting my posture and concentration.

"So balance is definitely a must?" I ask, understanding some of his method to this kind of training. Similar to how I was doing, he seems to go a little more hardcore.

"Yep, and also agility," He adds, before standing in front of me. His silver eyes meets mine, hands on his hips. "Our technique is more with speed, endurance, buoyancy and remnant when it comes to full counter attack.....sounds confusing at first, but assure you to become a Pillar you must understand all these main points."

My eyes lower memorising the three words, "Speed, Endurance, Buoyancy and remnant......" musing softly, in a hush tone. Nodding my eyes flicker up, "Got it!"

"Good, now let's work on your....balance, but colliding with endurance," He clasps his hands together, before jumping to the riverside. Straightening myself out, my foot lifts to my knee as instructed. My arms raise up, before holding them up with different poses that weighed on either side.

"Now hold!" he instructs, over the rushing waters. "Tighten your core, and feel yourself through the waves."

Furrowing my eyebrows, "Waves? We're not at a beach, Ryu--"

"You know what i mean!!!!" he sighs, waving his hand to brush me off. "We are the dragon, the sword is it's claws.......sounds like a strange idiom to remember, but we strike first."

It sounded quite wise coming from him, but I still didn't quite understand.

"Just feel the water flow with your movements, the dragon's claws is what gives it power,"  He instructs. "Your body is water if you put it that way, and the dragon is guiding you through with buoyancy and remnants."

The words weren't entirely getting through my head, but I knew what he was expecting from me.

Closing my eyes I begin to close everything out, but my own subconscious mind to the world. Slowly I allowed the ripplings waters to tickle my ears, the wind cool wind to drift through my hair and kiss my skin, and my limbs to keep afloat within the thin air.

"That's it, now let your body relax," he eases slowly, feeling his eyes on me.

Steadily I maintained my balance feeling the muscles in my thighs strain, holding my weight on one side. Inhaling slowly, I could feel myself feeling more lighter than before. After a few minutes taking slow deep breaths in and out, and changing the weight of my legs Ryuji jumps over.

"Alright, how about we begin using sand bags on either side?" he suggests, saying it so casually while my body finally relaxes on my two feet. The mist of the water tickles my skin gently, as he passes me one sand bag. 

Helping me place it one shoulder, he does the same for the other before jumping back to the edge.

"Alright, begin!" He calls past the deafening raging waters, while I gave him a slight irritated look. Poking my tongue out playfully, I soon stood back into my previous position but with added weights on my shoulders.

Yep, I can feel the difference completely....

Heavy pants of air leaves my lips while trying to keep my back straight and upright, while also keeping my focus on something to keep myself steady. However luck wasn't on my side as something was thrown at me, causing me to sway a little in response.

"Ryuji," raising my voice warningly, as my eyes squeezed shut tightly.

Something hits me again but beneath the knee, which almost made me give out instantly.

"Ryuji!" my voice raises more higher, in a warning tone.

Again something hits me but with more pressure, before I know it, my body emerges into the water. A small yelp leaves my lips, before my face was engulfed by the small waves. Emerging myself back up I gasp for air, before shooting a scowl towards my brother.

Whistling highly he averts his eyes from mine, before glancing back.

"Balance, Hayami.......focus on balance," He hints, while trying to stifle his laughter behind his hand. My hair completely drenched with the rest of my clothes, they clung to my body uncomfortably. Flicking my hair both sides, I arch an eyebrow watching him cautiously while standing back up.

"Next time we're doing this," I spoke up, wringing out the excess water from my uniform. I flick my hands, "You're gonna be where I am."

He smirks, "Huh? Looking awful? I don't think so!" he retorts, while I puff my cheeks out wringing my hair til it was damp enough to dry out. 

"Very funny, now can we resume this?" I ask, with defeat. "But, this time you don't destroy my train of concentration?"

He raises his shoulders with a calm, eye-closed smile, "Maybe.......it's all about predicting, than expecting,"

"Tch, sure.......oh wise one," I poke my tongue out, before lifting the extra weight sand bags from being drenched. Clenching my teeth I haul them to the boulder, "You did not just did that!"

His eyes widen, "What? What did I do, now?!" he asks, defensively.

I pat the bags, "You know the sand would hold the water in," giving him a 'you knew this would happen' look. "So now, it's heavier than before!"

He folds his arms, "I did not do such a thing," while leaning up against the tree behind him, but a small smile creeps to his stupid face.

Having an eye contact argument for a few minutes, I slowly got back to training.

After a few hours of repeating the same method, the sun soon begins to fall behind the mountains. Even though I was exhausted, I still wanted to keep going. Ryuji soon stopped throwing things at me, and got down to a lot of training done for the afternoon. 

"Looks like it's time to get something to eat," Ryuji calls, while I held the two heavy pound bags. He jumps over before lifting the heavy weights, before jumping back like it weighed nothing to him. "Come on, you look exhausted!"

My eyes hazily glances up from the stream, "Yeah, before jumping onto the riverside collecting my haori and fur collar, and sandals

I couldn't help feel relieved to see him again, even though it wasn't entirely a long time. I've been just overwhelmed that I did something wrong, or I said something to make him not want to speak with me. 

Guess, I was overthinking it all too much...... 

------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1K 20
⚠️NSFW⚠️ "𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫...
70.1K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
9.6K 267 12
"Rui. I swear I'll protect you no matter what even if it mean's death it's self. I'll find the cure for your sickness and to turn you back into a hum...
225K 6K 44
DESCENDANT OF THE SUN [ 伊黒 小芭内 ] Obanai Iguro [ 鬼滅の刃 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer "Once you've learned the particular breathing, you'll danc...