Luna Cherry

By esthersteel_

A bar. An Alpha. A Human Woman. She tries to run, he catches. He loves her, she hates him. Another one of t... More

1. oi cherry blossoms
2. falling for an alpha
3. a drunken hangover?
4. haha so totally married
5. i love to hate u
6. sweet syrup and sexy
7. dinner with a pack bang
8. i'm stubborn and i know it
9. kiss, mary, kill
10. drunk me isn't honest
12. let me prove it
13. willingly being the catch
14. levi and his wallet and me
15. oh, this is nice.
16. now i'm mad, but it's... fine?
17. oh no, here we go again
18. free woman before a mated one
19. whoops she might be less terrifying
20. a morning problem
21. a level head
22. bad with it
23. he loves you
24. put me down please
25. okay okay okay
26. yes alpha
27. one hundred percent!
28. cray mother-cray
29. lay with me
30. here we go
31. make love to me
32. thrums of pain
33. a young wife
34. a strangers goodwill
35. pain but safety
36. forgotten memories
37. sushi
38. woman
39. compassionate heart
40. finale
author note!

11. here we go

11.5K 320 10
By esthersteel_

The garden is easy enough, Mary dragging me with her to handle the morning picks before she heads into the office, "Are you okay?"

The hangover is real, my head pounding against my skull in an aggressive manor. If Mary didn't have an extra pair of sunnies, I would be forced to stay inside for the next week, "Oh just dying inside while picking some tomatoes."

"Have you..." She wiggles her eyebrows trying to make this conversation more girlish. I want to gag myself at the thought, my face most likely an indication of such by the way she deflates, "Ah, sorry."

"As the warrior, how much of what we talk about do you have to tell him?"

"Technically nothing. You're the Luna, and if you command me not to speak to him then that's just as powerful as him telling me to do something. However, if you are planning on telling me your suicide plan, then my wolf would go against you to alert someone, as your safety is always the first priority."

I snip at another stem tossing the tomato into the brown sack I was handed. Guards surround the garden evenly, if I was to run they would have me within moments, "I guess that's fine."

"Do you need to talk about anything?" She tosses a couple more tomatoes in her bag, I look around the garden at the men's backs flattening my lips, "We stand right in the middle, just far enough away. I would be able to hear them talk amongst themselves if they could hear us."

"I want to go home, Mary. I want my life back."

She sighs, setting her bag on the ground. Her footsteps are heavy as she treks through the plants pulling me into a tight hug. My heart skips a beat, the friendly comfort warming the ice I had surrounding my heart, "We don't hug." I whisper, misunderstanding her intentions.

"I wish we had sooner." She grumbles pulling me in tighter, "I love you, Cherry. Sitting next to you in the office was the best thing that happened to me. Your humanity kept me sane when things around here got insane."

"Would you have turned me over if you knew?" I pull away from her setting my bag on the ground as well watching a tomato roll out into the dirt.

"The friend in me says no, but the wolf would. It's complicated. He's meant to be your everything, and the animal in me would want you to be happy instead of abused by some fucker." She takes a deep breath, "But since I am the wolf, the animal, then yes, I would."

"At least you're honest." I pinch the bridge of my nose between my dirt covered fingers. Mary checks her watch, eyes going big.

"I have to go." She bites her lip, "I'm sorry, Cherry. I'll be around if you still want to be... well around."

She takes our tomatoes running to the side of the garden, I stand in one place watching the men around me stay still. Their shoulders are set, no weapon in hand, but I know that these men are more dangerous than any gun.

I walk myself to the edge, the men turning to greet me, "Luna, are you ready to return to the pack house?"

"Is there anything else we can do?" My voice is weak, defeated.

"The doctor has requested an appointment with you. Would you feel comfortable, Luna, meeting with him?" The male on the right speaks nicely, his voice is slow and concise with a warm gaze.

"It's better than going back to the room."

The man gives a sad smile, nodding. I follow close behind him while he guides me around the pathways that cut through the forest. Soon enough, a small building with a smiling Sanders comes into view, "Thank you for bringing her Jamal. I'll take it from here."

"Are you sure, Sanders? Alpha gave strict instruction..." The doctor holds up his hand waving the man off.

"Alpha knows."

Jamal takes his leave giving me a goodbye smile. He takes his time walking into the forest lines, moments later a howl breaking through the dense trees. My body shakes, a terror I hadn't felt before entering my blood stream. Sanders coughs bringing my attention back to him, "Ignore him, his perimeter shift starts soon, and he wanted to get a run in before."

"Like a wolf?" I walk to his door hoping that his brick walls could protect me, Sanders nods.

"Yes, his wolf is rather excited to run in such a beautiful weather. Now, I want to say how happy I am that you agreed to see me."

"I was bored."

"Still, it's always a blessing to have the Luna in your presence." He laughs holding the door open. I walk in looking around to see the simple medical equipment with a desk tucked in the corner. Only a couple medical beds line the walls one wall of herbs standing out.

I pull the sunnies off flipping the down to hold in my shirt. He guides me to a bed letting me get comfortable while he rolls over on a chair settling himself in front of me, "The Alpha requested the first wolf you see is his, when you're ready, unless your safety is imperative."

"I don't know if I'll ever be." I mumble rolling my thumbs around each other.

"You'll get there, this pack cares for you more than you know. The Luna is such an important role that we couldn't hurt you if we wanted to, our wolves would stop us."

"That's hard to believe."

"Like I said, one day, Luna. The reason I requested you here is to run some blood work and a physical. Would you be comfortable with that?"

"Do I have a choice?"

Sanders gives me a closed lip smile, nodding, "You always have a choice in this office. If you're not, I'll escort you wherever on the estate you would like to go."

"Why do you need a physical? Blood work?"

"After dinner I realized that I need to get your health profile built sooner rather than later. There is a small chance your human allergies will carry over when you are shifted, and I want to prepare."

Shifted such a common term that bothers none of them to talk about, yet here I sit freaking out more than I could ever imagine, "I... I'm not ready for that."

"Then how about we just talk?"

"About what?"

"No wolves surround us, and the Alpha is currently in his office working on a business deal. He messaged me moments ago to confirm you've eaten something. He also mentioned a hangover, do you need any pain killers?"

My head reminds me of the pain, my tongue running over my teeth, "That would be... nice actually." 

Sanders leaves the chair grabbing something off the shelf. He shakes a couple tablets out and grabs a water bottle handing them over to me, "Until your settled, I'll be who you come to for any medication."

"You mean until I give up and just accept my fate?"

"You said it, not me." He laughs, taking the trash of the water bottle from me to toss it in the bin, "Do you have any questions for me that I can answer?"

"Does it hurt?" I cough my brain not believing that I am asking such a thing, "Shifting?"

"It does at first, but then, you're free." 

.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 16.2K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
1.6M 46.4K 38
His lips pulled back into a sneer, "You will stay by me, in this fucking house." He growls, stepping into my personal bubble. His face barely inches...
2.3M 93K 42
Vienna was loathed by her parents and her pack from the moment she was born because she was not supposed to be born a female. She was intended to be...
12.1K 394 25
He's a werewolf. She's, not exactly human. But she doesn't realize this until she gets into a car accident and she starts thinking she hit her head h...