His Ignorant Lover ✓

By Namas48

••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💥Character Aesthetics💥
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Happy Together
💟Bonus Chapter 1💟
💟Bonus Chapter 2💟
💟Bonus Chapter 3💟
🌸 Epilogue 🌸
💟 Nihaan Family Moments 💟

Chapter 41

1.8K 80 50
By Namas48

After the following night when Nisha met Ruhaan, Barrister Ijaz Ali had called her about the ownership shift. She had blatantly refused to own it and told him about everything which happened. It did her a favor as Ijaz Ali promised to lend her help. The divorce papers she sent Ruhaan today were also due to the old lawyer.

It was past three weeks since she joined the Institute of medical entrance test preparation. As expected, she couldn't get the work back from Zoya's Aunt since her husband being Ruhaan's employee was a more dominant link than the former. But now she thought she didn't need it as the court thing was absolved. Her mother was earning more than usual lately and she used to help her in the night.

Now there was just one motive in her life to get admission to the medical university on merit and get rid of Ruhaan from her life and heart both. The former was possible but later seemed impossible for her.

Nisha yawned for the nth time in a minute. When she realizes she wouldn't be able to keep up with it, she left her study table and went to her bed. She wasn't even properly dozed when her phone beeped. She lazily opened her eyes. It was Haider's message. She groaned in annoyance but read it.

What are you doing?

Nisha rolled her eyes. Now she couldn't say, she was sleeping and making him feel embarrassed.

Nothing special.

Hmm...Nisha, do you have free time tomorrow?

Her brows were in confusion. She could already smell the suspicion from Haider's body language and talks since he got to know about her and Ruhaan's dynamic. And now she thought it was best to tell him this clearly and precisely. He didn't deserve to linger on sweet hopes.

I have a class in the morning but yes. I am free after that. What is it?

I was thinking we should have coffee together. This way, we will talk to each other as well.

Nisha jabbed her lips in a thin line.

Okay. Come over to our house then. Bring everyone else as well. We'll spend a good time together.

Haider sighed at her reply. He wanted alone time with her not with the whole gang. But at least she agreed to meet and talk to him. After what he did on that rainy day, he felt terrible to act like that. He still loved her and couldn't get past her even though he broke off the wedding. After getting to know the truth about her and that guy's marriage, he felt himself to be the culprit of her ruined state. Now he wanted to shower her life with love and happiness.

                ____________________

Haider regarded her carefully. She looked more confident and strong as compared to the girl whom he uselessly accused more than three months back. How she was stuttering and pleading that day. But today she was looking different. Whether it was the way she was composing herself or talking with absolute resolution. The betrayal of that guy made her strong instead of getting weak. He smiled looking at her calm face who was circling the mouth of the coffee cup with her index finger, in deep thoughts.

They were sitting on the chairs on the rooftop of Nisha's house after dinner with the rest of the family. The night was neither too chilly nor too hot. The lanterns were making the surroundings look beautiful. It was a perfect atmosphere to confess love and ask for forgiveness. At least for Haider.

He cleared his throat to get her attention. "I heard you sent divorce papers to him."

Nisha abruptly looked up at him. She thought for a while before nodding.

"You did the right thing, Nisha," he commended her.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I know."

He placed the cup back on the table between them. "And what will you do after that?"

Nisha pressed her lips together. She knew where it was going. She took a deep breath and sipped the coffee to change the bitter taste in her mouth but it didn't help. Instead, her nausea persisted. In the past few days, she again started experiencing nausea.

"My priority is my career and future," she announced, again taking a big sip.

Haider's lips twitched up. "If I want to be your future and a supporting pillar in making your career, will you accept me?"

Nisha closed her eyes to calm herself down. She swallowed the nausea and looked into his twinkling eyes. "Look Haider, I will be precise here. Don't get angry but right now, I have no plan to be part of someone's else life. I want to appear strong on my own. Love and trust have ditched me and I haven't healed yet. You might see me not crying and sulking like before but on my inside, there is havoc."

"I will help you, Nisha. I will help you to overcome it with my love."

"Haider, I said no. Forget me. You deserve a girl who loves you wholeheartedly but in my case---"  she stopped abruptly but she had to say it because that was the truth. A bitter truth. "My heart still belongs to him. I hate him yet I love him at the same time."

"Still? Even after what he did?" Haider sounded pained and she felt bad for him. He shouldn't have gone through all this.

She smirked sarcastically. "Don't forget I fell for him despite knowing what his father did with my father. Haider, I hate to admit but the time I spent with him was the most beautiful period of my life. Maybe he is so good at acting. He stole my heart with full planning. Even after getting what he wanted, he still acted gently and showered me with love. He was the first man in my life who made me feel important and let me express myself. He was the only one whom I was never scared of.  It's not easy to get rid of the feelings I have for him from my heart, Haider."

Haider sighed and nodded in understanding. He got his answer. "I get you. But remember that you will always find me waiting for you."

Nisha was feeling too queasy right now to keep an ear on what he was saying. Suddenly she felt the urge to throw up. She stood up and looked at him. "Haider, I am getting sleepy. Let's go down."

Haider nodded again and she didn't wait for him to take her lead before she rushed downstairs towards her room. She stopped for a while to find Unaiza and Hiba sleeping soundly on the mattresses on the floor. She hurried into the washroom and vomit out the little bit of coffee she drank with Haider.

She came back into the room and lie down beside Unaiza. What was that? Why she was frequently feeling nauseous since she left Ruhaan's place? Her mind clicked at Ruhaan's thought and with that, he recalled some facts and symptoms. Her eyes widened in shock at the realization.

The two days she spent at Sufiyan's Mansion with him and then everything later on flashed in her mind and all this was substantiating her suspicion.

Was she pregnant? With Ruhaan's child? Especially at the time when she was striving to take a divorce from him. No, it couldn't happen. He deceived her and this was so wrong if she would bear his baby.

Perhaps it was something else. A bad stomach or food poisoning as she first deduced it. Allah couldn't test her like this. She calmed her mind by giving this explanation but she knew anything could be possible.

              ______________________

Ruhaan was tired when he came home from the office. His company landed a hand on an important partnership with one of the USA-based companies. It was such a big milestone for him. But his personal life still had darkness and he needed her to light it up.

He ordered the maid for coffee before going towards his room. He just came back after changing and having a shower when he found Rahmeen standing there. She met his gaze and grinned cheerfully and approached him.

"Hi," she mumbled.

Ruhaan smiled and ruffled her hair. "How are you, kitty?"

She folded both arms on her back. "I am good. I brought coffee for you."

Ruhaan raised an eyebrow "Why did you bring it? Where are the maids?"

"I wanted to talk to you that's why I brought it. It's nothing you know," she said.

Ruhaan stroked his hair with the towel and scrutinized her. "How's your studies going?"

"Good," she replied.

Ruhaan sat on the sofa and lifted the cup. "Where is Dadi?"

She made a twisted face like she had seen something filthy. "She went to...to that girl's house."

"Girl?"

"Your wife," she replied.

Ruhaan's face lightened up hearing this. She did say she would go talk to Nisha and now he wanted everything to turn fine.

Rahmeen sat on the sofa opposite him. "Bhai, why are you delaying all this by not divorcing her? Just end it. We got our right back. Why are you still giving your name to that cunning girl?"

"Rahmeen!" Ruhaan reprimanded her. "Watch your mouth."

Rahmeen scowled. "Why should I? Don't tell me you are feeling bad for them. Don't come into Dadi's talks. She tried to soften me towards them as well."

"It was our Daddy who did all this. He betrayed his brother. I hurt Nisha in ignorance. She is innocent," he explained.

"This isn't true. Bhai, what I want is that you should divorce her. I don't want to see that girl in our house," she spewed out.

Ruhaan glared at her. "Rahmeen, she is your sister-in-law. I need respect from you for my wife always. She will come here and live with us. Do you understand?

Rahmeen rolled her eyes but nodded anyway. She couldn't change her brother's mind but one thing she knew for sure, she wouldn't accept that girl ever.

"What you wanted to talk to me?" Ruhaan sipped his coffee and changed the topic.

"Bhai, actually," suddenly she stuttered and her cheeks turned red. 'My class fellow and I like each other. And...and we want to get married. His parents want to meet you."

Ruhaan remained silent for a while before speaking. "This early? You are just 21."

"His family has a tradition of early marriages but for my studies sake, his parents can get agreed on just an engagement but they want to meet you. He is a really good guy, Bhai, and has a good family background as well. Please meet him."

Ruhaan nodded with an assuring smile. "Don't worry. I'll meet him. Did you tell Dadi?"

She bit her lip and shook. "I want you to talk to her by yourself on my behalf."

Ruhaan chuckled and again ruffled her bangs. "I will. First, let me meet the guy himself then we will arrange a seating with his family. Okay?"

She nodded. "Thanks, Bhai."

He just shook his head. "Get your mind clear from any doubt regarding Nisha, Rami. She is innocent and your brother loves her so much. I shouldn't hear anything like you said today again from you for her."

She met his gaze which held both the love and warning for her. "Don't worry, Bhai. I won't disappoint you."

For her, right now getting the approval of her boyfriend from her brother was the most important thing. To the hell with Nisha from her side.

                ____________________

The weather was pleasant since the morning today. A cool breeze was swaying around, making everyone's mood happy while grey clouds were sprinkled over the dusky sky. It felt like it would rain today and it did in the afternoon.

When the rain stopped after a while, Tabinda decided to drop an order to her customer on a nearby street.

"Lock the gate from the inside," she instructed Nisha while covering herself with a big shawl.

Nisha nodded and when her mother left, she did as she was asked. It wasn't even past five minutes when the door got knocked. Her eyebrow rose in confusion. But probably it was Tabinda who might have forgotten some important thing. She opened the gate and stilled in her position to find Ruhaan on the other side.

His hair was a bit moist and his clothes were also damp. Looked like he had gotten wet in the rain and had been keeping an eye on her and her mother for quite a while. That was the reason, he decided to show up as soon as Tabinda left the house. This thought of resentment flowed through Nisha's veins.

"Nisha, give me a few minutes please," he murmured.

His blue eyes as usual had a longing in them directed for her. Like he wanted to capture her in his heart. As he wanted to find any way to make her understand his position. He was restless without her. He had gotten everything but his life was still disturbed since he lost the most important person in his life; his Nisha. He wasn't happy and the reason was she wasn't with him. Her love had changed him. She had taken his happiness in her hand.

Wearing a pastel long shirt with the same colored pencil pants and a white dupatta delicately placed around her shoulders, she was looking so pure and beautiful to him right now. Her silky hair was tied loosely in a braid. He fought an urge to hug her, kiss her, and show her how much he loved her.

"I don't have a second to waste on you. Go away Ruhaan," she said, sternly. So strong and firm that he was stunned that she was the same girl whom he used to lure to fall in love with him.

"Nisha, at least hear me. Give me a chance to explain myself before announcing your decision," he mumbled, hoping she would now listen to him.

"Where are the divorce papers which I sent, by the way?" She folded her arms on her chest, completely ignoring what he was saying.

"I tore them. I told you I won't give you a divorce. First, let me clarify my position," he retorted.

Nisha snickered. "I don't have enough patience with you. Let's meet in the court then."

Ruhaan sighed in exasperation. "Nisha, we love each other. We will live happily together. Why are you doing this? I already apologized numerous times."

She glared at him. "Who said I love you? I hate you with each breath I take. I hate you with each beat of my heart. And don't you start with your false claims. You just love yourself and no one else. What exactly do you want from me now? I seriously don't understand. Go and live happy with your money and let me live peacefully too."

"My peace is bound to you," he mumbled, matter of factly.

"But my peace is bound to your absence from my life. I don't want to see you ever again. Bear that in my mind and stop with this useless drama," she yelled at the top of her lungs and closed the gate on his face.

She turned around as her eyes filled with tears. She rushed into her room quickly. How many lies did she say to him? When did she hate him? She was still head over heels in love with him. She was not at all happy without him. Sometimes she just felt a need to forget everything and go back to him. But the next moment, she remembered what he did, and all that thoughts used to waver away from her mind.

Nisha was stuck in such a difficult situation. Why did he come into her life? She was living a perfectly fine life before him. And now he made everything so complicated for her. She loved him yet wanted to hate him at the same time.

Ruhaan blankly stared at the closed gate. Today her words genuinely hurt him. He didn't know what to do. When he didn't care whether she acknowledged that he loved her or not, she believed in him. And now when he fell for her, she became ignorant of his feelings. He didn't know how to make her realize his love, but one thing was clear as a crystal; Ruhaan was incomplete without her. And he needed her in his life to lighten up the dark areas of his heart.

                _______________________

Today during breakfast, she vomited again in front of her mother and this time, she couldn't stop Tabinda when she said about visiting the doctor. She also needed confirmation of her suspicion. They reached the nearest clinic.

"Are you married?" The doctor asked her, causing her heart to beat in her ears. Tabinda too gets surprised at this answer and licked her lips in anxiety. She too was fearing the same state which her daughter was suspecting.

"Yes," Nisha replied.

"I am referring you to a gynecologist. She will confirm it for you. As far as I think from your symptoms and history, I think you are pregnant," the doctor informed randomly but it felt like her room's roof had fallen on Nisha and her mother's heads.

"You are twelve weeks pregnant. Congratulations," the gynecologist said with a warm smile.

Nisha looked at her mother in horror whose initial shock had been replaced by disgust and resentment in her eyes.

What would happen now? She was stuck with Ruhaan till the birth of this baby and he could anything with her now.

              _____________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hello guys!

How are you?

Here's a new update for you. A big one actually hehe.

Hope you are liking the story.

Tell me your views on this chapter in the comment section and vote as well.

What do you think will happen next?

Nisha is pregnant. Are you surprised?

If you like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment.  💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740K 42.7K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
1.8M 97.1K 38
~Glimpse~~ "Who are You?" That was the Question I asked her The Second All people Left the Hall. "I.. Amis.. I" Her heart was Beating fast as Her br...
495K 23K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
1.2M 46.5K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...