atlantis → m!wednesday addams

By -FICTORIA

[ ! on hold ! ] ❝ it's in my heart and in my head, you can't take back the things you said ❞ in which (y/n) l... More

atlantis.
↓ act one ↓
chapter one.
chapter two.
↓ old chapters ↓
chapter one.
author's note.

chapter two.

2.5K 95 13
By -FICTORIA

     "YOUR WEDNESDAY, right?" Rowan asked, sitting across from ( Y/n ) and Wednesday as he got his blood pressure taken by one of the nurses.

After a nurse had placed a bandaid directly on his cut, Wednesday turned around to face Rowan.

"Rowan," the boy introduced himself. "I know how you feel."

"I guarantee you don't," Wednesday replied, obviously upset after his loss to Bianca.

"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere," Rowan took a deep breath out of anger. "I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts. But it looks like you're going to give me a run for my money," Rowan joked.

Neither ( Y/n ) nor Wednesday laughed.

"Sorry about the nick."

"No good deed goes unpunished," Wednesday replied, grabbing ( Y/n )'s hand and leaving.

The two walked out of the infirmary to see rain pouring down heavily. Wednesday took his umbrella, opened it, and quickly pulled ( Y/n ) under it by her waist.

When they got closer to getting back inside, they heard shuffling from the roof. It was a statue that began falling at a rapid pace towards them.

Wednesday stepped out of the way, bringing ( Y/n ) with him, but she was yanked out of his hold by someone tackling her out of the way.

Wednesday turned around, evidently angry at whoever took her from him, and was met with the sight of Xavier Thorpe towering over an unconscious ( Y/n ) on the wet concrete.

"What did you do?" Wednesday growled.

Xavier turned around with a frightened expression. "I—I tackled her out of the way..."

Wednesday's jaw clenched. "I had it under control. You think I can't protect her? Now look at what you've done."

The boy immediately dropped his umbrella, taking ( Y/n ) in his hands and rushing to the direction of the infirmary.

"WELCOME BACK," was the first thing the girl heard when she had finally opened her eyes.

( Y/n ) looked in the direction of the voice and saw Xavier sitting on the left side of her bed.

"The nurse said you don't have a concussion but you probably have a nasty bump," Wednesday butted in, not wanting to see ( Y/n ) staring at Xavier any longer.

( Y/n ) looked at Wednesday, who was sitting on the right side of her bed. "What happened?"

"Genius, over there, was guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract your undying gratitude. He tackled you out of the way of the statue after being angered by the fact that I could protect you better than he."

Xavier shook his head. "Do you seriously not remember me?"

Wednesday scoffed. "Should I?"

"Guess not. Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter and forty pounds heavier."

"What happened?" Wednesday asked curiously.

Xavier exhaled. "Puberty, I guess."

( Y/n ) giggled loudly, making Xavier smile.

Wednesday's nostrils flared. "I meant what happened the last time we met."

"Oh. It was my godmother's funeral. Apparently, she was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties together in Europe, swindling the rich and notoriously. I don't know, but, we were ten, and we were bored; decided to play hide and seek. I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket. I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."

"I heard muffled screams. I just figured your godmother had cheated death and was trying to claw her way out," Wednesday smiled, hardly, but it was still there.

"Either way, you hit a big, red, stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled, so...now we're even. You saved me, and I saved someone that you obviously care about."

( Y/n ) gave Wednesday a teasing smirk, the boy rolling his eyes playfully in response.

     WEDNESDAY SAT in front of his desk, typing on his typewriter and sneaking glances at ( Y/n ), who was on her phone covered in a blanket on her bed, to make sure that she was okay.

The boy stopped typing when he heard squeaks coming from his bed. He abruptly stood up and whipped the cover from his bed to reveal a pale hand underneath it.

"I knew it," Wednesday said, making ( Y/n ) look over at him.

The girl gasped loudly when she saw the hand on Wednesday's bed. "What is that?!"

Her roommate had no time to answer as he tried to wrestle the hand off of his bed frame.

"Hello, Thing. Did you really think my highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favorite hand lotion?" Wednesday asked, holding Thing up as he tried to struggle out of his grip.

Wednesday slammed Thing down on his desk. "I could do this all day. Surrender?"

The hand began to tap out frantically.

"Mother and Father sent you to spy on me, didn't they?" Wednesday asked, causing Thing to shake a finger in disagreement. "I'm not afraid of breaking a few fingers. The fact that they thought I wouldn't find out proves how much they underestimate me."

Thing began signing to Wednesday.

"Oh, Thing, you poor, naive appendage. My parents aren't worried about me. They're evil puppeteers who want to pull my strings even from afar. The way I see it, you have two options," Wednesday opened a drawer from his desk. "Option one: I lock you in here for the rest of the semester, and you go slowly insane trying to claw your way out, ruining your nails and your smooth, supple skin. And we both know how vain you are."

( Y/n ) crept up behind Wednesday, watching him throw threats at the hand.

"Option two: you pledge your undying loyalty to me," Wednesday finished, watching the hand bend two fingers down in a pledge. "First order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory."

Thing tapped his fingers on the desk.

"Of course I have a plan," Wednesday replied. "And it begins now."

"HOLY CRAP!" Tyler Galpin, ( Y/n )'s closest friend from Jericho, exclaimed from beside her as they attempted to fix the expresso machine in the Weathervane Café, where he worked.

He shouted when he saw Wednesday emerge from the smoke that was coming out of the machine.

"Do you make a habit of scaring the hell out of people?" Tyler asked in disbelief.

Wednesday's eyes flickered between Tyler and
( Y/n ) a few times. "It's more of a hobby."

"Tyler, this is my new roommate, Wednesday Addams," ( Y/n ) stepped in. "Wednesday, this is Tyler Galpin, my Jericho friend."

Tyler laughed. "Always nice to be introduced as someone's 'Jericho friend,'" he teased before turning back to Wednesday. "You go to Nevermore. ( Y/n ) didn't tell me they changed up the uniform."

"He has a color allergy," ( Y/n ) explained.

Tyler looked at them confusedly and Wednesday's mouth twitched, happy that she remembered.

"I need a quad over ice. It's an emergency," Wednesday said.

Tyler was at a loss for words as he stared at the broken machine in front of him.

"It's four shots of expresso," Wednesday stated, unimpressed by the fact that he worked at a café and did not know.

Tyler scoffed slightly. "Yeah, I know what a quad is, but the expresso machine is broken, so...all we have is drip."

"But drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning," Wednesday deadpanned.

( Y/n ) smiled. "That's what I said!"

Tyler rolled his eyes whilst Wednesday smirked.

"What's wrong with your machine?" The Addams boy asked.

"It's a temperamental beast with a mind of its own, and it doesn't help that the instructions are in Italian," Tyler explained in exasperation.

Wednesday grabbed the instructions. "I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four-millimeter Allen wrench."

"You read Italian?" ( Y/n ) asked, impressed.

Wednesday looked at her, satisfied at the fact that she was impressed with him. "Of course. It's the native tongue of Machiavelli," he turned to Tyler. "Here's the deal. I'm going to fix your coffee machine, then you're going to make my coffee and call me a taxi."

"No taxis in Jericho. Try Uber?" Tyler shrugged.

"I don't have a phone. I refuse to be a slave to technology," Wednesday said as he began to fix the machine.

"Then you're out of luck."

"Where are you going anyway?" ( Y/n ) asked.

"Away from here. What about trains?"

"Nearest station is Burlington. It's half an hour away," Tyler answered.

"You have a valve issue. I've seen it before."

"Where? You have one of these monsters at home?" Tyler joked, trying to make ( Y/n ) laugh.

"Steam-powered guillotine. I built it when I was ten. I wanted to decapitate my brother's dolls more efficiently."

"Sure, makes perfect sense," Tyler responded nervously.

The machine stopped smoking, and Tyler placed the lid back on top of it. "Thanks. Besides ( Y/n ), I've never met a Nevermore kid who gets their hands dirty. I'll tell you what, to show my appreciation, how about I drive you to Burlington?"

"Perfect. As long as there is room for ( Y/n )."

"Of course," Tyler smiled at the said girl.

"Perfect. Put that quad in a to-go cup."

"I don't get off for another hour."

Wednesday pulled out some cash from his pocket. "I'll sweeten the pot."

"Listen, one, fun fact about me...I can't be bought. So, either wait or find someone else to drive you."

Wednesday looked him up and down in disgust before grabbing ( Y/n )'s hand and pulling her away with him to a booth.

( Y/n ) sat down, staring outside of the window. "Maybe we should wait somewhere else..."

Wednesday followed her gaze, watching three boys dressed as pilgrims walk in and up to their booth. He looked over at ( Y/n ), seeing how nervous she felt, and place a hand on her thigh.

"What're you Nevermore freaks doing out of the wild?" One of the boys asked tauntingly.

"This is our booth," the other said.

"Why are you three dressed like religious fanatics?" Wednesday asked.

The boys looked at each other. "We're pilgrims."

Wednesday stared blankly. "Potato, po-tah-to."

One of the boys slammed a flyer on the table. "We work at Pilgrim World."

Wednesday slid the flyer towards himself. "It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park to zealots responsible for mass genocide."

( Y/n ) laughed.

The leader of the two boys turned to her. "You think that's funny?"

"She doesn't have to answer to you," Wednesday defended.

The leader looked at Wednesday, resuming his comment from earlier. "My dad owns Pilgrim World. Who're you calling stupid?"

One of the boys gripped ( Y/n )'s arm and pulled her out of the booth harshly. "Say, I bet ( Y/n ) would want to come to Pilgrim World. Have you ever been with a normie, you freak?"

Tyler saw this and decided to step in, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Guys, back off."

"Stay out of this, Galpin," the lead boy said.

"Yes, stay out of this," Wednesday agreed, approaching the boy who held ( Y/n )'s arm. "Boo," was all he needed to say for the boy to jump back, letting go of the girl.

One of the boys placed a hand on Wednesday's shoulder, but he pushed him back, allowing ( Y/n ) to knee him in the crotch.

The boy fell down, and Wednesday grabbed the other to kick in the face and push against the leader, causing the two to fall to the floor next to the other.

"So, where'd you learn those kung fu moves?"
( Y/n ) asked Wednesday.

"My uncle taught me. He spent five years in a Tibetan Monastery."

"Was he a monk?" Tyler butted in.

"Prisoner."

Suddenly, a man in a police uniform walked into the café. "Tyler, what the hell's going on in here."

Tyler pointed to the boys on the floor. "They were harassing ( Y/n ), but he put them in their place."

"Did you help him?"

"Dad, I swear, I wasn't involved."

Principal Weems then stepped through the door. "Apologies, Sheriff. This one slipped away from me. Come on, Mister Addams, time to go," she then took notice of ( Y/n ). "You, too, Miss Lavigne."

"Wait a minute..." Sheriff Galpin said. "You're an Addams? Don't tell me Gomez Addams is your father? That man belongs behind bars for murder. Guessin' the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm going to keep my eye on you."

Wednesday only stared at him.

"Okay," Principal Weems pulled ( Y/n ) and Wednesday out of the café.

     "YOUR FIRST day and you're already on Sheriff Galpin's radar," Principal Weems shook her head as she drove Wednesday and ( Y/n ) back to Nevermore. "Wish I could say I was surprised."

The two teens were sitting in the back seat, ( Y/n ) asleep on Wednesday's shoulder and the boy not daring to move.

"What did he mean about my father?" Wednesday asked quietly, trying to keep ( Y/n ) asleep.

"I have no idea, but a word of advice: stop making enemies and start making a few friends. You're going to need them."

Wednesday looked down at ( Y/n ), saw her shivering, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer.

On the side of the road, they came across a huge truck that had crashed into a couple of trees. Smoke came out of the automobile and there were already two cops at the accident.

"I hope the driver's okay," Weems said.

Wednesday took a good look at the scene, recognising it from the vision that he had last. "He's dead. Broke his neck."

"How can you tell from this angle?"

Wednesday did not answer, only taking a closer look when they drive directly by it to confirm that the man broke his neck.

Sure enough, his neck was snapped.

Wednesday began playing with the pendant that his mother gave him before she left, the one that supposedly conjured up his vision.

     "HOW THE hell did you get that oversized violin out of the window?" ( Y/n ) asked Wednesday as she stepped onto their shared balcony, Enid behind her.

Wednesday had been sitting outside, playing his violin in the dark of night, when the two girls noticed and decided to join him.

"I had an extra hand," Wednesday said, motioning towards Thing who was hanging out on Wednesday's music stand.

"Woah," Enid said in disbelief as Thing waved at her and ( Y/n ). "Where's the rest of him?"

"It's one of the great Addams family mysteries."

All three heard a bunch of wolves howling, and
( Y/n ) noticed how Enid hid her hands in her sweater insecurely. ( Y/n ) rubbed her back as they leaned against the railing.

"Why aren't you wolfing out?" Wednesday asked.

"Because I can't," Enid said, taking her claws out of her sweater to show Wednesday her abnormally long nails. "This is all I got. My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist. I had to fly to Milwaukee, would you believe it? Yeah, she says there's a chance I may never...you know."

"What happens then?"

"I become a lone wolf."

"Sounds perfect."

"Are you kidding me?" Enid asked in disbelief. "My life would be officially over. I'd be kicked out of my family pack with no prospect of finding a mate."

Wednesday stayed silent. "I'm failing to see the problem here."

"I could die alone," Enid said, almost sure that it would get a reaction out of the boy.

It did not.

"We all die alone, Enid," he said.

( Y/n ) sighed. "You really suck at this. Cheering people up?"

Wednesday deflated slightly and Enid started to cry. "Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm upset! Haven't you ever cried, or are you above that, too?" Enid sassed.

Wednesday hesitated. "It was the week after Halloween. I was six years old. I took my pet scorpion, Nero, out for his afternoon stroll, and we were ambushed. They wondered what kind of freak would have a scorpion for a pet. Two of them held me down and made me watch...while the others ran Nero over until..." Wednesday stopped, not daring to make eye contact with either of the girls.

"It was snowing when I buried what was left of him. I cried my little, black heart out. But tears don't fix anything. So, I vowed to never do it again."

"Your secret's save with us," ( Y/n ) assured.

No one spoke until Enid said, "I still think you're weird as shit, though."

"The feeling is incredibly mutual," the boy replied, turning to ( Y/n ) after. "How would you think your single room back? You just need to show me how to use your computer."

( Y/n ) did not want her single room back. She wanted Wednesday to stay and see how their friendship would grow. But if he wanted to leave, then their friendship would not grow at all. So, all she did was nod her head.

Wednesday did not want to admit it, but that nod in itself stung worse than his scorpion did.

     "ARE YOU two sure that you can trust that normie?" Enid asked Wednesday and ( Y/n ) watching Tyler argue with his father about curfew.

They were at the Harvest Festival in Jericho, where they would be able to sneak Wednesday away without anybody noticing.

( Y/n ) taught Wednesday how to call Tyler on her laptop, the fact that Tyler's number was already in there was what made Wednesday's blood slightly boil. That aside, Tyler was going to be his ticket out of Nevermore and to the train station.

"Well, good luck and safe travels," Enid said, attempting to give Wednesday a hug, but he backed away again. "Still not a hugger. Got it."

Enid walked away and ( Y/n ) and Wednesday were waiting for Tyler when Wednesday noticed Principal Weems watching them.

Wednesday quickly wrapped an arm around
( Y/n )'s shoulders in order to lead them far away from her. "Act natural. Weems is watching our every move."

The two made their way over to a stand, Wednesday picking up a dart and hitting them directly at a balloon...multiple times, and winning a panda in the process.

"Jeez," a voice said from beside them. "If you shoot any more, you'll be taking home a whole pack."

"Pandas don't Travel in packs. They prefer their solitude," Wednesday said, shooting another.

Xavier looked at ( Y/n ), but she just looked away.

"Alright, subtle hint taken," Xavier sighed, walking away and leaving them alone.

"This is going to be trickier than I thought," Tyler appeared next to them. "My dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go if I'm going to make it back in time."

"We've got some dead weight we need to lose first," ( Y/n ) said, eyes moving towards Weems.

"Meet us behind the parking lot when the fireworks start," Wednesday ordered, making Tyler nod and walk off.

Wednesday continued to throw darts at the balloons, and handed the huge panda that he was given to ( Y/n ), watching her eyes light up. He smiled, then suddenly got an idea.

He shot a couple more balloons, earning him another panda, and handed the worker some money. "You see that sad, lonely woman over there?" He pointed to Principal Weems. "She needs this more than I do. Would you mind distracting her?"

The worker took the money, set the panda down on the principal's picnic table, and gave ( Y/n ) and Wednesday the perfect opportunity to slip away.

When they met Tyler behind the parking lot, Tyler handed Wednesday a file.

"Before you leave, ( Y/n ) wanted me to give you this. It's your dad's police file from when he was at Nevermore," Tyler explained.

"We think it's the reason his dad hates your dad,"
( Y/n ) added. "And here's my number if you ever happen to get a phone and need someone to talk to," she handed him a strip of paper with her phone number on it.

Wednesday took both of the items gratefully. Mostly the number. "I'm not used to people engaging with me. Especially not after I leave. Most see me coming and cross the street."

"You're not scary. You're just kind of...kooky,"
( Y/n ) shrugged.

"I prefer spooky," Wednesday smirked at her, turning back to Tyler. "Now, my train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight," he said, headed towards the car with Tyler and ( Y/n ) behind him.

They were almost to the car when the guys from the café stepped in front of them, holding bats.

Tyler grabbed ( Y/n )'s hand to pull her away from them, and Wednesday grabbed her hand also, causing her to be stuck in the middle.

"We can lose them in the crowd," Wednesday said, pulling ( Y/n ) out of Tyler's grip as they ran side-by-side through the festival, the three boys following.

As they ran, Rowan accidentally stepped in front of Wednesday, causing Wednesday to fall to the ground as he stared blankly up at the sky, having another vision.

( Y/n ) placed Wednesday's head in her lap, trying to snap him out of it. "Wednesday?!"

He stood abruptly, watching Rowan retreat into the woods as Tyler tried to coax him away.

"We have to go. Come on!" Tyler exclaimed.

Wednesday looked at ( Y/n ), who nodded her head, and the boy took her hand and ran after Rowan.

They made it deep within the woods before ending up right behind him.

Rowan groaned in annoyance, taking notice of their presence. "What do you want? Why are you following me?"

"I don't have time to explain, but you're in danger," Wednesday said, referring to his vision.

Rowan laughed. "I think you've got it backwards."

He outreached his hand, causing Wednesday and
( Y/n ) to fly back and stick to a tree next to each other, Rowan forcing them there.

"You two are the ones in danger."

"What are you doing?" ( Y/n ) asked, frightened.

Rowan looked at her. "Saving you from him. Saving everyone from him," Rowan turned back to Wednesday. "I have to kill you."

"The gargoyle, that was you?" Wednesday asked, remembering the status almost falling down on him and ( Y/n ).

Rowan nodded.

"Put us down, you psycho!" ( Y/n ) yelled.

Wednesday sighed. "It's always the quiet ones."

Rowen showed ( Y/n ) and Wednesday a picture of a boy. "The guy in the picture. That's you."

Wednesday stared at him incredulously. "You want to kill me because of some picture?"

"My mother drew that picture twenty-five years ago when she was a student at Nevermore. She was a powerful Seer. Told me about it before she died."

"Rowan, put us down. If not me, then ( Y/n )."

"No! My mother said it was my destiny to stop this guy if he ever came to Nevermore, because she will destroy the school and everyone in it!"

Wednesday and ( Y/n ) saw a huge shadow emerge from behind Rowan and tried to warn him, but he would not listen.

Rowan was grabbed from behind, causing Wednesday and ( Y/n ) to drop down from the tree.

Wednesday grabbed ( Y/n ) and pulled her into his chest, not wanting her to see Rowan being ripped to shreds by the monster.

She could hear his screams and plugged her ears to make it better as Wednesday kept her against him.

The monster turned towards them and let out a growl before disappearing into the woods.

The picture of Wednesday fell on top of Rowan's chest, and Wednesday helped ( Y/n ) up before walking over to Rowan's corpse and grabbing it.

Wednesday grabbed the panda that fell onto the ground and handed it to ( Y/n ), wrapping an arm around her waist and leading her away in silence.

AUTHOR'S NOTE ˊˎ helloo, this is unedited, so please let me know when you see any mistakes! this one is a bit longer than the last one, so that's why it took a bit to get uploaded <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 936 40
-What happens when the boggie man's great-granddaughter is going to a school for weirdos when Wednesday Addams comes in and stirs up old friendships...
2.4K 49 10
jayden addams, the girl who hasn't been shown love at all in her life meets the boy of her dreams. the two become best friends but they fall for each...
52.1K 4K 18
-@𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐘 ᵗʸˡᵉʳ ᵍᵃˡᵖⁱⁿ '𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤�...
59.1K 1.6K 27
"I wasn't made for love." "You weren't made for everyone's love...but you were made for mine." {~••~} Nevermore presents many opportunities. Stalke...