The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 8: Monsters

2.5K 125 24
By Lotus_Horizon

*Robin's POV*

Robin: (Y/N)?

Y/N: Yep, it's me.

Robin: H-How did you do that.

  He holds out his hand as I see that he is wearing a ring on his finger. I could see all the runes and energy that surrounded this. It wasn't just a ring, it was magic.

Y/N: This ring let's me walk through things. One of my guardians gave it to me.

  He takes the ring off and hands it to me.

Y/N: And now it's yours.

Robin: Wait what?!?! Why, this is a precious magic artifact. 

Y/N: I don't need magic to aid me in my fights. Besides, the ring requires focus to use it. It took all the focus I had of staring at my hand until I saw you, won't help someone who doesn't have a thing for magic like you.

  His raven lands on his shoulder as he irritatingly swats it off.

Y/N: I would give it to Morrigan, but you were the first that came to mind.

  My eyes watered as I held the ring in my hand, I looked at him with a smile as I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I rush at him and hug him tightly, burying my face in his chest and holding onto him tightly.

*Your POV*

  What the hell? I give him a ring and he starts crying and hugging me? I guess it is a powerful ring in the right hands. I just lightly hug him back. I felt my cheeks heating up as I just pushed him off of me.

Y/N: Don't think too deeply about it man. I only gave it to you because I was curious about something.

Robin: Curious about what?

Y/N: Can we go somewhere a bit more private.

  Robin nodded as he lead me by the hand somewhere I wasn't planning on us going. He takes us to a Café and sits down with me at a booth in the corner. But he did keep me waiting since he went to go get us some drinks, even though I didn't ask, but I couldn't turn down his kindness, so I just accepted what was happening.

Robin: Here you are, a pumpkin spice latte for you, and one for me as well.

Y/N: T-Thanks?

  He sits down across from me as I just looked at all the other people in the shop. There were some normal humans here, which made me feel better about myself. Though I still couldn't help but stare at the other monsters here. There weren't many people, especially on our side of the building, thankfully.

Robin: I like your new clothes. Very goth.

Y/N: Hmm? Oh, thanks. The whole suit is actually stronger than my other clothes. Also, I got all my weapons hidden underneath.

Robin: What kind of weapons?

Y/N: Hidden blades, holy water, my "Last Resort,"  and a I got some other surprises. But, let's just focus on the talk at hand. I was wondering, you know about Dracula's brides yes?

Robin: OF course, everyone knows them here.

Y/NL But WHY are they here? I thought they'd be somewhere in Transylvania or at least London or somewhere in Europe.

Robin: Well, I'm not really sure. I mean, of course people here have their rumors, but I am not really sure why they are here. What makes you ask?

*Flashback*

  Once I put on the clothes that Verona gave me, I made my way to the main room to show her, she smiles and rushes over to me.

Verona: Aww you look so dangerous. Aleera was right about your measurements it seems, you look so fierce and threatening. I could just eat you up. 

Y/N: Hopefully you don't mean that literally.

Verona: Maybe. . . I'm only kidding, you are way too cute to consume all at once.

Y/N: . . . Thank you, I guess.

  As she was admiring my clothes, I remember the talk of her telling me they would eventually return to Europe, but it made me curious.

Y/N: Verona, may I ask a question?

Verona: Of course darling.

Y/N: Why are the three of you here in Sleepy hollow. I expect you to be somewhere like Transylvania or Walachia,  or maybe even some richer part of Europe, but you all live in this little city in America.

  Verona only smiled as she pinched my cheek.

Verona: Well, we are only here because our initial task was to kill you. Along with some other tedious tasks, those were our only reason for being here.

Y/N: But you live here? It must be serious if you must be here for so long.

  Verona's smile faded as she picked me up in her arms.

Verona: (Y/N) you don't have to concern yourself with our matters. Just enjoy the gifts we got for you.

*Present*

Y/N: . . . Just curious.

  Robin gave me a confused look as he drank from his cup. I got ready to spill the reason for all of these weapons, but I was interrupted by some guy coming up behind Robin and knocking the cup out of his hand and spilling it on his lap, making Robin yelp a bit from the pain.

???: Oh did I spill the pussy's little drink? 

Robin: Gah, just fuck off Ash.

Ash: Aww what's wrong? Did I interrupt your date with your boyfriend here?

  The boy know as ash was a taller male, looked to be about our age, but the teeth and pale skin made me think otherwise, since you know how vampires are. The boy was followed by three other vampires, must be apart of his little group. Ash then grabbed Robins hat, snatching it off his head as Robin went to yank it back. But one of his goons blocked Robin off from getting his hat back.

???: Wat's wrong? Why not just use your magic to take the hat back?

Ash: He's probably too much of a pansey to even know any useful spells.

  The boys all laughed but I had enough of watching this.

Y/N: Hey. Leave him alone.

Ash: Oh? And who are you?

Y/N: You keep bothering him and you won't like the answer. Leave him alone.

  Ash got up in my face, his cold breath made it apparent as he bared his fangs at me.

Ash: Or what.

  I walked closer, getting even more in his face.

Y/N: Or I'll kill you right here.

  Ash's friends all laughed at my remark.

Y/N: And I'm not joking either. I'll kill you. Right. Here. Gut you like a fish, and leave you in the sunlight to die.

Ash: You're all talk and no bite.

Y/N: Keep staring at me I'll slit you up the middle, and bite out your heart.

  The coldness in my tone as his grin turned into a scowl. He tossed the hat back to Robin as him and his goons make their way out of the Café.

Ash: Don't think I'll let this slide human, you're walking on thin ice in this city. If I see you again, you better pray.

  He exits as I go over to Robin.

Y/N: Hey, are you-

  Robin leaps at me, wrapping his arms around my neck, holding me close.

Robin: My hero!

Y/N: Yeah, I gotcha. It's fine, you can let me go now.

  Robin let go and stared at me with stars in his eyes.

Robin: You weren't scared? He usually isn't one to have other people stand up to him. 

Y/N: I've faced stronger vampires, but let me tell you what I was going to tell you before. . . Wait, you have coffee on your shorts. Are you okay?

  Robin looking down, using his hat to cover the area of his shorts.

Robin: Damn, these were my favorite pair. 

Y/N: You don't have a spell for that?

Robin: I do, I just haven't fully mastered it yet. The last time I tried to use it, I set my shirt o fire, so I had to cut off the burned ends and made it into this top you see me in now. 

  I felt bad that he had to endure that prick, so I handed my latte over to him to hopefully make him feel better.

Robin: You don't have to-

Y/N: Just take it. It's the least I can do, besides. I feel bad that you took me here and you suffered the consequences.

  Robin gives a soft smile as he takes the drink from my hands. 

Robin: You claim to have all those weapons on you, items like that are carried by vampire hunters. Is that what you are?

Y/N: Not just any old vampire hunter. 

  I lean in and whisper, just to make sure no one else was watching or listening.

Y/N: My name, is Y/N Fairbrook Van Helsing. Last son of The House of Van Helsing, Son of Rachel Van Helsing, and Guardian of New Haven. . . Well, I was the Guardian of New Haven, until I came here.

  Robin stared at me with his wide silver eyes. He looked like a child who just met Santa Claus, which was odd because I thought he would be scared or angry with me. I half expected him to rush out of the café, but instead, he just gave me this bright smile.

Robin: That's really badass. Guess that explains why you were so cold when we first met, though what changed? What made you tell me all this?

Y/N: I got my ass kicked by one of Dracula's brides.  

  He spat out the latte, luckily he turned his head to the side so that it wouldn't spray me.

Robin: You're joking right?

Y/N: Do I really seem like the joking type?

Robin: . . . Fair point. But-

Y/N: It's a long story, I'll explain all the details another time. For now just enjoy the ring I gave you, we'll catch up another time. Right now I just want nothing more than to sleep for now. So I'll catch you later.

  I walked out of the Café, leaving Robin at the table.

*Robin's POV*

  That was a lot to take in at one time. I never would have expected him to belong to one of the most crucial monster hunting families. But he still seems so somber. Almost like he lost his sense of purpose. Maybe that's why he always looks so down, he isn't in New Haven anymore, and feels like he lost his sense of self. I wonder if there's anything I could do for him.

  Some time later as I was walking home, the sun began to set on the way home. As it was setting, I admired the ring he gave me. Still hard to believe he was able to get this, I wanted to examine it a bit further, since it seemed to have a deeper magic than just turning the user intangible. 

  While I was lost in thoughts, I heard rustling in the distance of the forest. I didn't pay it any mind at the time, since I was still focused on the ring. but then it got a bit louder. I was the only one in the surrounding area, so I figured it was just an animal or something. But as I cautiously made my way, I noticed something at my feet. Looking own, I see a trail of red liquid.

  Leaning down to examine it, I could tell that it was blood. And it was coming from the pushes next to me where the rustling was from. I had a bad feeling about this, hoping that maybe it was just a dead dog or something. Though I wasn't going to become another statistic, so I decided to just ignore the blood.

  Just walking down the street, I noticed black feathers falling from the air. I looked up and noticed (Y/N)'s raven cawing in the air. It perched on a branch and looked at me. Cawing as if it was trying to tell me something. Was (Y/N) in the area or something? 

  As I was lost looking at the raven, I began to hear growling. The growling didn't sound like a normal wolf or even a werewolf. It's growl was dark and deep, the vibrations of it passing through my heart like a tremor. It sounded close to me, but also very distant. My instincts kicked in like I was going to die, but the same bushes I tried to avoid began to rustle again, slowly turning I saw the burning gaze of a tall beast. It's eyes were on fire, and so were the creatures mouth. It's may looked like a portal to hell. 

  I felt unable to move as the creature towered over me, I genuinely felt as though I was about to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...
100K 3.4K 50
Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neither hate monsters. On the contrary, they l...
52 0 27
Famous for introducing the character of the vampire Count Dracula, the novel tells the story of Dracula's attempt to move from Transylvania to Englan...
134K 4.3K 21
Van Helsing and Anna have been married for over hundreds of years. Cause of a curse placed on the by Dracula. They thought their finally rid of Dracu...