You and Me | โœ“

By sreeeshaa

๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’”, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’Š๐’• ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ด๐’† ... More

00
Family Tree
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
Epilogue
MIHIR'S BOOK!!!!
Fun Facts!
๐Ÿ“ฃ
new book!

49

115K 7.6K 430
By sreeeshaa

"Roop. Stop spreading laziness and get off the bed." Amrit scolded, brushing his hair as he looked at her in disappointment.

It had been a week since they came back and Roop had been acting very lazy. It was almost 12 and she went back to sleep after taking a shower earlier, refusing to get out of bed now.

"Aap jaayein na." She replied, trying to shoo him away.
(You just leave.)

"Get up. You need to eat and I have to leave, I've gotten very late." He clapped lightly.

"I want to go back to Auli." She replied, spreading her arms on the bed, "I don't want to move." She sighed tiredly.

"I'll count till three." He warned, moving closer to the bed, "if you didn't get up, I'll carry you downstairs."

"Okay." She agreed, finding nothing bad in his warning, she wouldn't have to walk atleast. Then without counting, he picked her off the bed.

"Stupid girl." He murmured as she wrapped her hands around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"Nah, you just wanted to hold me close, I know." She shrugged, "I read your mind." She added.

"Yeah?"

"Umhmm, you were thinking about joining me in the bed." She nodded, "Weren't you?"

"Yeah, you know what else I was thinking? To join you in bed and kiss you until you are out of breath, until-"

She stopped him by placing the palm of her hand on his mouth, "Subah subah bhagwan ka naam lete hain aur aap?" She shook her head dramatically, "Chalein neeche utaarein mujhe, warna abhi phir dadu se kaan khichwane hai maine aapke." She warned.
(We should take the name of God in the morning and look at you?)((now put me down, otherwise, I'll make Dadu pull your ears again.)

"Jyada nakhre nahi ho rahe aapke?" He asked, not putting her down as she asked him to.
(Aren't you having too many tantrums?)

"Nakhre? Mere? Who woke me up from my peaceful sleep? And who was the one who kept talking my ear off for the last fifteen minutes and oh! Who kidnapped me from my bed? Not me, for sure!" She replied dramatically.
(Tantrums? Me?)

"Okay, I'll drop you back to your bed and leave, good?" He asked.

"Ab yahan tak le aayein hain to wapas jaa kar kya karna?" She shook her head, "Aapko double mehnat karni padegi, abhi 2 minute me to paseena choot raha hai aapka, neeche chalein." She added.
(We have come this far, then what is the use of going back?)(You will have to work double and you are already sweating in just 2 minutes, let's go downstairs)

He shook his head, "Open the door." She did like he said, "and stop trying to tickle me, we both will end up in a very bad fall."

She didn't try to tickle him after that, taking his words seriously.

Finding no one in the hall except for a maid sweeping the floor, he made her sit on a chair before plating her breakfast, "Now finish everything, I'm going to leave." He told her.

"Sunein?"
(Listen)

"Sunayein."
(Yes?)

"Jaldi wapas aana."
(Come back earlier)

"You want to go somewhere?" He asked.

"Nahi toh." She shook her head.
(No.)

"Then?"

"Aise hi, mann kia." She shrugged.
(just like that, I just wanted to say it.)

"I'll try, I'll get going now, bye." He said, ruffling her hair before pressing a kiss on her forehead as he made his way out.

After finishing her breakfast, she went back to her room, spending a few hours on her work.

It was almost night and she was way too engrossed in a book when her phone started to ring.

"Yes?" She said, answering the call.

"Do you see a sheet holder beside the nightstand? Can you bring it to me?" Came Amrit's voice from the other side.

"Like, now?"

"Yes, if it's possible. I forgot it at home and there's a really important meeting coming up plus the designs are very confidential." He sighed tiredly.

"Okay." She nodded even though he couldn't see her, "anything else?"

"No, that's all, please make it as quick as possible." He said, she hummed in response, ending the call.

Setting her clothes properly, she took the holder and her purse before leaving her room, Roop informed her mother-in-law as she went downstairs.

"He should've sent Mihir instead of calling you so late." She shook her head disapprovingly after listening to her son's demand, "Are you okay with going alone?" Ritika asked.

"Yes, I've booked a taxi since driver's uncle wasn't available, don't worry." Roop replied assuringly.

"Dhyaan se jaana aur pohch ke message karna, theek?" Her mother-in-law said as she made her way to the door.
(Be careful and text me when you reach, okay?)

"Okay."

...

Walking into his office, she wiped the sweat from her forehead, "Aapki bekaar lift kaam nahi kar rahi." She told Amrit, looking at him with distaste.
(Your stupid lift isn't working.)

"Roop?" Hearing an unfamiliar voice, she noticed Amrit wasn't the only one present in the room.

"Rudra?"

Amrit looked at them in confusion, how do they know each other when Rudra wasn't even present at the inauguration party, there was no way they could've met.

"Wow, this is...insane, you're married now!" He exclaimed.

Amrit resisted an urge to roll his eyes at the excitement radiating off Rudra after meeting his wife.

"How do you know each other?" He asked, not being able to stop himself.

Roop turned to Amrit, a blush coating her cheeks, "He was my senior in school." She told him.

"That's all?" Rudra put a hand over his heart, "You're hurting me Ru-Ru."

This time, Amrit didn't even hold back from rolling his eyes at the stupid nickname.

"Although I'm glad that you're happy with your marriage I do feel a little jealous, this man over here stole my dream place." Rudra shook his head dramatically.

"Excuse me?"

"No, excuse me while I cry." Rudra whispered, wiping off an imaginary tear, "Did you know I proposed to your wife?" He asked.

"I think we should discuss the work, the reason why you're here." Amrit replied curtly.

"She rejected me, I see why." He shook his head, ignoring Amrit's words, "Still haven't moved on from that heartbreak."

"You're exaggerating." Roop sighed.

"I think you should give me a comforting hug." Rudra replied.

"I think not." Amrit wrapped Roop in his arms before Rudra could, "Take these designs to Rahil, he'll discuss this with you." He added before Rudra could open his mouth again.

"But-"

"Bye." Amrit interrupted, thrusting the holder in his hands before pointing to the door.

"You're so rude." Rudra murmured, leaving the room.

"I'm heartbroken, aaya bada." Amrit mocked, rolling his eyes.

"Why are you getting mad?" Roop asked turning to face him.

"Did you see how he looked at you? Chachundar kahinka." He replied annoyingly.

"He was my friend."

"A friend who proposed to you, huh."

"Well...I felt special, you know he proposed to me infront of his whole class?" She tells him, watching his nose scrunch up in annoyance.

"I'm not interested." He moved away.

"Sure."

"Roop."

"Amrit."

"Stay here till I come back, we'll have dinner out okay? Tell ma." He said before leaving.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 70.6K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...
133K 8.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
330K 12.8K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
1.3M 62.8K 59
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐’‘๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’† ๐‘ต๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’”; It started with his love. Will it end with...