Book Two: Return to the stand...

By foreverfeelingepic

There's finally peace with the Mikaelsons but in a world with original vampires there's never really peace fo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 14

120 8 0
By foreverfeelingepic

Elena sat in the kitchen with Ayana and Rebekah getting ready for her wedding day. Her wedding day. To Klaus Mikaelson. In the year 1001. Her mind spiraled as Rebekah intricately braided her hair and Ayana decorated her arms with runes for a prosperous life. She loved these two women and couldn't wait to be married to Klaus but she couldn't help but think of how things would've been in another life. She smiled thinking how Caroline would be micromanaging everything while Bonnie rolled her eyes and doted on her. Jenna and her mom would be giving her motherly advice while Ric and her father drank bourbon downstairs secretly slipping some to Jeremy. But that wasn't the reality. Her reality was sitting with two women that had taken her in as their own, marrying her soulmate and joining a family she truly loved through all the odds.

"You look absolutely gorgeous. Like a goddess." Rebekah smiled stepping back to look at her work.

She wore a white linen off the shoulder dress that was sexy and romantic and had daisies and forget me nots twisted into her long braids.

"Are you ready dear?" Ayana smiled kissing her forhead.

"Ive never been more ready. I might just sprint down the aisle." She laughed feeling the excitement sink in.

"Well let's- Niklaus that better not be you trying to sneak a peak again!" Rebekah yelled as she opened the door.

"Ansel." Rebekah smiled fondly. "Come to see the bride?"

"If she has a moment." He said nervously.

"I have many moments for you." Elena smiled coming into his view

"Wow." He smiled proudly spinning her with a whistle. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"I just wanted to wish you well before the ceremony started incase we don't get to speak much tonight."

"Actually i'm glad I didn't need to send someone searching for you I wanted to ask you something important."

"Ask away my dear."

"Would you- I mean I know it's short notice and everything - you don't have to say yes but-"

"Oh my god Elena get to it! The ceremony is waiting on you." Rebekah impatiently spat from the side.

"Sorry- I wanted to know if you would walk me down the aisle...as my father."

"It would be my honor kid."

Ayana smiled looking on at the pair hugging. She thought of how greatful she was to witness a girl who sacrificed everything for others finally get what she deserves.

"Ok ok let's go you two." Rebekah suddenly rushed them as she discreetly wiped her eyes. "Elena, Ansel. Ill see you out there." She nodded looking back before walking out to sit with the rest of the guests.

"Thank you Ayana."

"For what sweetheart?" She laughed before kissing her forehead.

"For taking me in, teaching me...and for always being a piece of home for me."

"I love you too baby. Now get down that aisle. Niklaus is starting to look nervous up in front of all those people."

Elena gripped onto Ansel's arm and took a deep breath as they walked out. She could remember how she imagined this day back in high school freshman year. Her dad walking her down the aisle with a big poofy princess wedding dress. Her mom and Jenna crying, alot. Caroline and Bonnie by her side as her bridesmaids. Jeremy sitting proud in the front aisle with a sweet girl on his arm. The face of her groom had always been faceless though. When her and Matt would talk about getting married she always knew it wouldn't be him. Even with Stefan she couldn't picture a wedding with him, always in the midst of a life or death situation. But this day; seeing Klaus' dimpled face grinning waiting for her at the end of the aisle...well it just felt like it was him all along.

---

"Skål!" A guest shouted out loudly before everyone repeated it. Elena had learned very quickly that anytime anyone screamed it they had to take a drink.

"Niklaus i'll likely end up passed out cold if we keep going at this pace!" Elena laughed holding her stomach.

"Ive never seen you so piss drunk sister." Kol laughed loudly next to them.

"Don't speak of my wife in such an unsavory way." Klaus smirked sarcastically.

"Yeah Kol." Henrik scoffed more seriously next to him.

"My little protector." Elena smiled ruffling the boys hair much to his dissatisfaction. "Off to bed with you Henrik. Klaus can take over protection duty for the night." She saluted him dramatically as he walked off with a scowl.

Elena plunked down on a chair on the outskirts of the fire and took in the night as her husband escorted his parents home one last time as was customary since tonight they would be moving into their own hut.

"Tired already Mrs. Mikaelson?"

"Alexander. Its wonderful to see you." She smirked nudging him with her shoulder.

"I wanted to tell you how beautiful you look-"

"Is that all?" She said giving him a look.

"And I wanted to say thank you for introducing me to Rebekah. She's something special isn't she?"

"She is. Treat her good." She said more seriously.

"Always." He smirked putting his hands up. "Ansel is looking for you by the way."

"Mikael just left he is free to come find me. We can all speak freely now."

"Ill let him know."

"My lovely wife. You're not ready to run off with another already are you?" A lazy smile spread on her face as she felt his arms snake around her from behind sending shivers down her spine as he whispered in her ear.

"It'll always be you. In every lifetime, timeline or dimension."

She felt the comforting hum in his chest.

Elena's eyes snapped up when she heard a twig snap behind them but immediately calmed when she saw Ansel appear.

"Hearty congratulations to the couple!" Elena's pulse quickened not knowing how to go about this.

"Niklaus, this is Ansel."

Her smile faltered when Klaus didn't respond only meeting him with a nod.

He felt a flicker of something when he looked at the man although he couldn't tell what it was...it felt as if he met him before.

Elena jumped back to the present when she heard Ansel clear his throat uncomfortably. "It's nice to meet you Niklaus."

"Uhm nice to meet you as well Ansel. Is that your..son you brought?"

"Oh no no that's a pack member. He's sweet on Miss Rebekah I think."

Elena smirked watching them dance. "That's an understatement." She scoffed. "He's a good man." She pointed at Klaus noticing him tense. It seemed to calm him.

"Niklaus I forgot-oh"

Elena's eyes went wide as Esther came into view. She expected the same wide eyed expression was written on Esther and Ansel in the dark. They hadn't seen each other in a long time from what she heard.

"Mother? What's going on?" Elena recognized that face. Klaus was and is still very perceptive.

"Oh I" her words faded as she tried to pry her eyes from Ansel. "I forgot to tell you the hunting party will be leaving tomorrow."

"Yes mother I know Elijah told me."

"Yes of course. Well I'll bid you all goodnight."

They sat in silence watching her leave.

"You're the man she had an affair with." Klaus broke the silence after a few minutes. It wasn't a question it was a statement he knew to be true know. The truth was impossible to deny when you looked straight at it.

"Niklaus-" Elena whispered putting a comforting hand to his chest.

"Did you know?"

"Nik let's talk somewhere quieter, more private."

"Are you my father? Is that why he hates me so much?" Klaus yelled slamming Ansel into a tree, his shirt bunched into his fists. Ansel eyed him with guilt not fighting back.

"Niklaus! Stop. Let's go inside."

"Did you know about me all this time?"

Elena tapped her fingers nervously on her hip looking out for anyone witnessing their conversation.

"No- well yes. I have only known for a couple years. But-"

He never got a chance to finish when Klaus pushed away from him and stormed off in the direction of their hut.

"Niklaus!"

"Let him cool off. I'll-we will be camping out a couple miles out. I'll be in the meadow after dawn to say goodbye if he would like to join you."

She sighed. That is not how she wanted this to happen. "I will see you tomorrow morning."

"Nik?" She whispered as she slowly approached him. He had been sitting in front of the fireplace stuck in his head.

"You lied."

"I-I think it's time we talk about my past. Our past." She said kneeling in front of him cupping his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 12K 32
"As the brunette walked out, Klaus watched her every move. The way her hair flowed side to side in her ponytail and how her hand softly grabbed onto...
1.2M 11 1
IT IS SAID BY MANY THAT OUR FATE IS UNDETERMINABLE, that no matter how great we are today, we may fall and become nothing but dust tomorrow. Yesterda...
2.9K 199 26
In which a dangerously impulsive Wren Parker falls for the devil in disguise. OR The heartless Immortal Hybrid finds himself in a new predicament un...
28K 726 39
Luna Salvatore knew one thing for sure, her life was a complicated mess. She had suffered but she had survived. She been left broken and scared by th...