AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

Av Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... Mer

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 9

376 14 3
Av Zion204

[When the West meets the Sun]

"Do you think he will be able to tear through the memories?"

"Well He's Sun Wukong! He could do that tho....I mean Probably?"

"I'm sure he can! Remember he Wrecked havoc in heaven, pissed a lot of powerful Demons and stole some Ancient objects from the Celestial Realm and Lastly! He even challenged the Jade Emperor!"

'This is fine' she Grinned, Trying to cover all of the Loud banterings. Tripitaka can see it though that She is Annoyed of how loud they are. But you see all of them are worried for Sun Wukong "I tell you! This is not A joke! It's like He's Having a lot of doubts and crisis whenever he sees the Ink Versions of his Past friends!" The Spirits Shouted, and Donghai took a deep breath.

"Well he would of course! Who wouldn't?!"

"What if we could just break through the memories and search for him?"

"Well that would be convenient! But Our Monk and Small Cicada aren't Machines! They have limits Twerp!"

"Everyone stop shouting" Emperor Xia Sighs, Pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look I understand your concerns and fears. All of us are worried about the Great Sage." Standing up The ruler Dusted his Black Hanfu and Glanced to Donghai and Tripitaka. "He'll be fine. But as for our seven Crew. We need to help them. Gao?" Calling the Female General The woman Laughed and Nods "Xia is Right! That Monkey is tough I'm sure of it!" She Nods and All of the spirits sighs in defeat.

"All of you must have been helping Wukong...."

Tripitaka Smiled."thank you for that..." his Monkey Disciple may be strong. But being strong? Sometimes you can't carry it on. Calling for assistance won't be bad, it's not a shame too. "Hey so Since We're in a break. How about you guys introduce yourself fully to Donghai?" Tripitaka Chuckled.

"Oh right Donghai hasn't known our names!"

"Well Blame Xia! He's the bossy one here! We rarely get a spotlight!"

"Bossy one?" Emperor Xia Raised a brow and Glared "I am simply doing my job to Protect all of you" He rolled his eyes. And the spirits only Glared at him.

"Alright I'll take the lead first"

Standing infront of her a Woman wearing an apron stood with a bright smile. "I'm Madame Fa! And yes! I'm a seamstress with pure Artistry with arts and Paintings!" She laughed and Donghai Awed. "What? Didn't expect that you became a seamstress in your past life?" She Smirked but um. Not really.

"Um. I think I'm more suprised that I became a Maiden a Emperor and a General in my past life"

"What?!"

They gasped, And The Emperor Smirked behind the sidelines as he tried not to brag about it. The general only Shaked her head. "Ugh nevermind let me introduce the others" She sighs and points to the Other spirits that's present right now.

"This is Jin. He's a scribe back then and Was one of the Celestial realms heavenly servant" Madame Fa pointed to the young man. And he Waved to Donghai. "And that's Fong. A warrior who Conquered many lands and Also adopts alot of kids" She Smirked and the Tall guy Glared at her.

"And this little girl here is Miwa, a Village girl that's also a assistant parmacist"

"Wow my Past lives got some Beef Jobs and Titles" Donghai Smirked, and Tripitaka Sweatdropped at this. "So um. Am I going to tell my friends about me being able to talk with my past lives?" She asked and The Spirits Scrambled towards her.

"Nononono!"

"Not yet!"

"Listen here Don't tell that Monkey boy yet! And Also Ao Lie's Granddaughter!"

They shushed her and Donghai Pushed their faces away. "What? Why?! It would be great tho! Like imagine!" She Grinned, remembering the time she Told Mk and Mei that she's the Golden Cicada and that Tripitaka is training her. "Look Little light" Standing Infront of her the Emperor Sighs.

"We have reasons for now. And also it would be in our advantage to not tell a soul about this 'Mystic past lives Cicada Communication' Thing you are having"

"With this. Trust us. In Vigilant works we are Experts of it"

He nods, and The others agreed at this. "Ugh....Blue is not really my color" Hearing Pigsy Grumble, Tripitaka bursted laughing once he saw the chef complaining about His clothes "what's so funny!" He Glared but the Monk only Smirked at this "good to see you wearing that clothes again tho" Tripitaka Grinned making Pigsy confused, as for Donghai She kinda got the Giz of what Tripitaka meant.

"How's everyone? Master how about you?"

"Eh I'm still the same!"

He Beamed, and Tang Nods. They've been here for who knows how long and so far the curse that's Guarding the scroll hasn't come after them. It's concerning really since silence itself is much more dangerous than hearing loud noises.

Afterall you wouldn't know what's in the darkness or silence itself. "So this Azure guy, did he say something aside from searching for us and stuff?" Pigsy blurted and Tang who's holding the scroll Hummed "Well he only said about how we should rescue you guys" Tang said.

"Actually...."

Speaking, The great Monk Hummed and looked at all of them.pigsy, Tang and Mei. He then Glanced to his Student "I have a hunch that Sandy will be trapped in my Disciple, Sha Wujing. Just like Pigsy who's been trapped inside Zhu Baije" He said, which made Tang gasped and out of nowhere grabbed his notes and wrote some idea's.

"The memory scroll is a prison. Just like what Mk Said that it will trap sinners and Repeat all of the sins their past lives has committed"

Tripitaka has no knowledge about the memory scroll, well. Infact this artifact sounds new to him and by the magic that surrounds this object; Somehow it reminds him of the Ladybone demon or the that Feeling of cold and unpleasant feeling.

"Hm..." Tang Hummed, listening to their Masters words, he then flipped through his notes "also...somehow some of us has inherited the Power of ancient warriors, like Zhu Baije. Pigsy for some suprising reason was able to use his abilities. I don't know about Sandy but if he is trapped in Sha Wujing, then he might have the same Circumstances as Pigsy" Tang Exclaimed and the pig simply Snorted. "Man I mean it's kinda cool meeting some of Master Tripitaka's Disciples but Ya know who I wanna meet?" Mei butted in, Grinning ear to ear as she spins her sword around.

"Your Grandpa?"

"Yes! Exactly! I wanna meet him and know what does he look like!"

"Is Master Tripitaka's stories not enough?" Tang and Donghai Sweatdropped, seeing The Dragon Girl get so Giddy just by thinking about meeting her great a thousand great Gramps "No! Like-in the flesh! I only hear stories about him and some black and white paintings of his Dragon form! Like-can this Gal atleast see her Family in color?" She huffed and Tripitaka Laughed at her grumpy look.

"Well in that case let's hope we get to meet Ao Lie"

"Oh please do, so that maybe I can ramble it out to my parents!"

She Smirked, and while Mei is Chatting with Donghai, Tripitaka Glanced to Mk who's been doodling on his Spare papers "what are you drawing Mk?" He smiled, asking and scooting close to the boy and taking a peek, upon seeing the drawing of the flower fruit mountains top and a stone egg. He raised a brow in confusion.

"Oh uh-actually Master I've been having these weird Visions..."

"Visions?"

"Yeah like...with Monkey king in it"

Hearing the two talk, Pigsy can't help but gasp "Visions?! Why didn't you tell us sooner?!" He fumed but with a shush from Donghai, Tripitaka Let's the boy finish. Afterall with their circumstances right now any Informations will do. "I kept seeing the flowerfruit mountain and the stone egg where Monkey king was birthed to" He said, and The boy gave the paper to the monk. Taking it gently Tripitaka Frowned and Stared at the drawings. Each and some have unfinished doodles but mostly it was the stone egg and the mountain. "If we find that Place maybe we can find Monkey king" Donghai nodded, and Hearing that from her Tang Hummed.

Well that was not a bad idea I mean, the stone and the mountain where Monkey kings origin first started? If Master Tripitaka can Transport them in that Section then they might have a chance to rescue Their Great Sage.

"I'm afraid that won't be easy Master Cicada"

Flinching, Mk stood up immediately, once the sky turned Dark, the Familiar colors of Grey and black spreading around the Area and Blowing them with such strong force of wind, Tripitaka Frowned, Standing his own ground Donghai opened her palms and Blocked the harsh wind with her sheild "I'm impressed that you still managed to survive." Forming and Bending, the Ink Demon used the Appearance of the Bone Demon Herself. Assisting His Student Tripitaka Stood beside her and Glared to the Demon.

"What did you do to my Disciple?"

"Oh you mean Sun Wukong? Don't worry he's Fairing well. A bit Barbaric and impatient too"

"Well I'll be pissed too if I were in his Position" Donghai Mumbled, but the Demon only Shrugged at her Annoyed tone. "I know you guys has been fighting well and surviving" the Demon chuckled, circling them he changed his form again. The form of The third Lotus Prince with the smuggest expression.

To be honest it's unsettling to see it and weird....

"But for how long tho?" Grinning, Tripitaka Grabbed Donghai and Dodge the Demon once he summoned out a Huge hammer. The figure of an Ink Elephant standing beside him with another Eagle wielding a Spear "somehow I'd like to see you two Cicada show your true forms. Ya know...that Feisty and merciless Cicada that's been sealed" He Mocked, Ignoring the Demon Tripitaka took the fight, Standing side by side with him Mk blocked the Demon using his Staff and Extended it. Destroying the two Ink Figures of the Elephant and The eagle, the Ink Demon laughed insanely, echoing through the Seemingly Small world;with a raise of the Demons hand Tripitaka Gasped seeing that Huge Bone demon mech, Immediately running beside him Tang and Donghai Casted a spell and A huge Cicada Shield Blocked the two blades coming from the Bone demon mech (the Ink Replica).

"Come on! Stop holding back we both know YOU-The great Monk Has been Hiding that much power from the very start!"

"What are you so afraid of?! That kind of Power could obliterate the whole universe!"

"Sheild,Healing and Teleportation?! That's Weak!"

What is that thing talking about?

Donghai, Frowned slowly Glancing to her mentor who's Struggling to raise his hand. She shake it off and Raised he Palms higher, extending the sheild and pushing away the Demon "Don't you just want to destroy everything?! You can do it right now! Why hesitate?" The demon laughed, frustrated Donghai Layered 9 Sheilds and broke it. Shattering and creating a Shockwave, the Demon Groaned once the vibration Crashed through his Skin. Melting him a little bit Tripitaka Panted, Sweating heavily Tang Held his arms "Master! A-are you okay?" He said and The great Monk nodded.

Feeling his Chest Tighten and the sudden heat he Clutched it and Sucked it all up "I-Im fine,but we have to leave immediately!" He Groaned, Grabbing his Succesor Mk and Mei Glanced to each other, seeing that Tripitaka is Struggling to breathe.

The Ink demon Huffed, Glaring as he saw a golden light circling around them "STOP RUNNING AWAY!" He Shouted, forming a large Dragon of his Disciple. He Gasped once a Blast of black Fire Bursted through the road, gasping at this Mei Ran in Speed and Blocked the Fire using her blade. Forcing her arms to raise it higher, the fire turned darker. Eyes widen her blade melted and broke to pieces, pushing her away. The Demon laughed and changed  form again. Facing Mei with herself and three samadhi fire rings floating, She flinched seeing herself. Her self when she can't control her own power. The Demon advanced ; to see the Ink version of the samadhi fire in action, Tang grabbed Mei close to them, creating a sheild it Blocked the Fire for a short period of time. Breaking it a wave of light Pushed them all Seperating them and causing the Teleportation to break.

Breaking apart and separating them all, the Cicada seal cracked and all of them Got throwed out in different sections of the scroll.

Groaning at the sudden Strong wind, a soft fabric hits his skin, Grabbing it with him he Screamed once he got throwed out on the muddy road.

"Uuuuugh"

"Oh no! My sword! My baby nooo!!!"

The Monk opened his eyes, seeing that the one he grabbed with him is Mei. "Mei! My Child you're okay!" He bursted to tears clinging to the girl and rubbing his Cheeks to hers "I-Im sorry about your Ancestral sword" he mumbled, But Mei with a teary eyes Bursted to tears.

"its not your fault Master!"

"W-wait! Why are you crying?! C-calm down you're gonna stain your Clothes!"

He Sweatdropped, using his own sleeve to wipe away the Dragon child's Red and Snotty Face. Tripitaka Sighs.

Now with that Disaster, now he gotta find a way again to find everyone. Like fuck it he's back to Zero again "u-ugh..." He Groaned, sitting down. Noticing the Monks pained condition Mei puts away her Broken Sword "m-master?..." she Whispered, to see the monk clutching his chest and breathing heavily. She Frowned

This....reminds her of something...

"I'm fine! I'm fine really"

"Master we can rest-"

"No we must find the others, we can't afford to loose them and get separated again"

"But-but you're pale..."

Wait....

Pale?

"I'm....pale?" How come he has come to this Condition? He was okay just a minute ago. Helping him stand Mei Frowned, she may have a broken sword but....the monk. It's reminding her of something...his condition right now.

"How about you sit down for a minute. Then we can go"

"But-

"Hey come on Master"

She crossed her arms, seeing that she's about to use that scolding tone again. Tripitaka Sighs and gave up "i-i guess I can-" He stopped. With sharp spears and Wolf like fangs of a blade. Unknown soldiers Left their hiding spot and Pointed their weapons to the two.

"What the-hey! Now who the Fuck are you People?!"

Mei Gritted her teeth. God she's so done with all of the random guys popping out and pointing their weapons threatening Them all like for fucks sake give them a BREAK!

"Heavens. It's that the Monk?"

"The Monk? Why is he here?"

"Who cares? Just take him and the Foul mouthed girl."

"You wanna abduct us and shit? That's not even new to me anymore I've faced worst!" Mei pointed out, remembering that Bone demon crisis last year and her almost Destroying the whole Lantern city with her Samadhi fire. "Come and try then you beard faced Chickens let's see how Tough you all are!" She hissed, Standing protectively infront of the Monk. Tripitaka Laughed nervously once the soldiers Irked in irritatation at Mei's Boldness.

And the next thing Tripitaka witnessed is Mei Grabbing him and Punching the hell out of all of the soldiers and carrying him behind her back.

Long Ma You gotta need to talk some Wisdom with your Grandchild!

[---○---]

Donghai doesn't really know where she is right now. In fact, she's quite confused since literally everything seems new to her, The road seems familiar but something about it feels Different. As if she's in a different Time.

"This place sure has a long ass hallway"

She mumbled, walking straight since at the end of the hallway was a opened door, almost welcoming the bright sun. She could feel the Nostalgia, the old Chinese windows With the luxurious Red curtains and the Towering pillars of Dragons. Was she in a Palace? Probably-

"Donghai!"

"Mmmph!!"

Grabbing her and crouching down, she Blinked in suprise to see the Emperor "Uncle Xia! Wait why are we hiding?" She Whispered, But The king shushed her "Sssh Quiet, don't let them notice us" He whispered, and she closed her mouth immediately. Okay she's not gonna ask anymore since seeing that serious expression the Emperor has. That's her cue that it's serious and not a joke.

"For someone with such Towering height you sure are soft with Kids"

"I'm not just gentle with kids come on! I mean-I'm also quite Gentle with other people"

"Woah...." She froze.

All along this section of the scroll is the memory of her past life. The Great Emperor. "Don't you have duties to do?" Donghai Glanced to see who's the person the Emperor is talking.

"I always have duties to do, it seems like not a single day my Table would pile up with papers"

"Well You can always rely on me"

"Uncle Xia...who's that?" Donghai asked, darting her eyes back to the Ghostly figure of the King "That's....My Sworn Brother" he mumbled, eyes softening To see that Giant again.

"You think your Kingdom will stay even after a thousands of years?"

"You're Asking my Power here?"

"I well...I'm just curious"

She listened, ears as sharp listening to the two. The Lion Gazing down the Emperors Huge Kingdom "my Kingdom will Stand. Trust me I could feel it" the Emperor Smiled confidently and The Lion simply chuckled.

"Azure and I were Good Friends. He first introduced himself to be part of my Royal Cavalry"

"He looks so young here..."

"He is....just look at his short Mane" the king chuckled "and now....It seems he's helping us with this problem. If years has passed then he must've grown alot" He sighs, looking away he gently hold the girls hand. The two Sneakily leaving the Palace "Hey uh...Uncle..." Donghai called and the king Hummed in response.

"Y-you died right? Like uh-in the hands of your own people?"

"Why do you ask?"

He stopped, facing the young Cicada. His face held no malice or Annoyance once she Mentioned about his death. "Did he...like....the lion" She pointed out. And the king turned around and with it he laughed.

"No he didn't. In fact he was fighting for me"

His memory was still hazy, but maybe the clearest thing he could remember is the Palace gate Engulfed in fire, and his old friend Grabbing him away from danger and bringing him back inside the Throne Room.

After that....he....doesn't really remember what happened next but he knows his Lion Brother fought.

But in the end He died and got Beheaded.

"Anyways Let's go, we have to leave the Palace grounds" He sighs, looking away. Donghai didn't ask anymore and followed behind the Tall man and holding his hand.

"So you gonna show me that Fire you created or no?"

"What fire?"

"Seriously like-that-ugh nevermind that"

He could still hear their banterings, but still. It may felt so Nostalgic to him he didn't stop moving forward and held the young Cicada's hand like it's his own Daughter.

"Release us you Maggots! If I ever get a new sword or whatever I'll Chop you all to pieces!!"

"They tied us a bit too tight..."

Marbled floors, purple curtains and gold motifs. The Dragon and the Monk was dragged inside the Seemingly large Palace of who knows who. Maybe a demon owns this place, "Master! Are you okay?! Tell me is it tight? You can turn around I'll try to untie you up!" Mei Rambled, facing the monk Tripitaka Smiled seeing the young dragon getting all so worked up with her Dragon instincts kicking in.

Damn talk about blood Ancestry it really passed down.

"My my And who might you two be? Two Interesting Individuals Lost in the wolf's Den~" a voice rang, pissing off Mei Tripitaka Looked up to who is it. Sitting on top of the gold and marble Throne, a man with Grey locks and Purple eyes Stared down to them "and who might you be? I can sense you're a demon so don't Try tricking us" Tripitaka shot, Tugging Mei Beside him to pull her close, the Demon only Grinned and Huffed at the Monks tone of voice.

"Great monk, you sound Feisty~ it seems the talk around the west about you being gentle and soft spoken seems not aligned"

"The fuck-hey! Shut up! Master Trip is cool,Handsome,Cute and most of all KIND!"

"I see your New fifth Disciple seems to take up your Attitude too"

The demon Smirked, tapping his Hand on the cold marble. Tripitaka Sighs at this, while Mei is Fuming and Trembling. She could literally just dash through and strangle that guy. Standing and taking a step to reveal himself fully, he looked down to the two.

"I am Kui Mulang, Guard of the Celestial Court, one of the 28 Mansions of the White Tiger, and Devourer of Earthly Souls."

"Now to see two Creatures lost in the wolf's Den." He Chuckled, eyeing Mei he smiled but then Glancing to The Great Monk who's been quiet he Grinned showing his Sharp fangs "great Monk. You're truly a Remarkable one" he Chuckled.

"Since when did your Energy Become Spicy?"

He Grinned, Flinching at this Tripitaka took a deep breath. Glaring Mei stomped infront of the Monk "Hey! Mouth off my Master Furball!" She hissed but the Demon only laughed at her Baring her fangs.

"Threatening me I see." He Smirked

"Your fangs aren't Sharp and pointy enough Child"

"WHAT?!" She Bursted, summoning out her Dragon Tripitaka Gasped once Mei advanced Impulsively "Mei no!" He Shouted, but The sudden green electricity bursted as her Dragon roared.

"If my Fangs aren't sharp enough then take my Fist asshole!"

"Mei Stop!"

The Monk Shouted, distressed to see this. The Demon sighs, raising his hand he caught the dragon girl with his power, teleporting on top of the Demons Throne Tripitaka Flicked his fingers. Snapping the bind that caught Mei, The Demon Gasped, Hissing at the sudden burn that Hit his Palms.

"Such power, and yet powerless to use it!"

He Growled, Ignoring the pain on his hand he caught the two again and forced them to bow. Their foreheads touching the cold ground, he called his Guards. Immediately sending the Two to the deepest Part of the castle and Locking them up.

"Nooooooo! Not again!"

Mei Grumbled, kicking and Trying to wiggle her out the large wooden Cage. The monk However sighs, he's literally tired to What he just did and the pain in his chest hasn't really Left. "Mei my Child Stop kicking and Punching please you might bruise your knuckles or worst break both" He said but alas, Mei already has a bruise on her knuckles and legit Tripitaka almost Scolded her.

"Uuuuuh"

"Okay okay I'll let the scolding slide. But come here and let me patch up that hand of yours"

"Master if you can like-gimmie a minute I could use my Dragon and burn this cage down!"

"No that's a no."

He blurted, Dragging the girl with him and holding her hand "u-uh..." He stopped, the monk blinking Hearing a sudden Familiar voice, Mei Glanced behind him and raised a brow Seeing a guy with white hair, a tip of his locks colored in green and he's wearing a traditional hanfu.

"M-Master?"

No way....

He turned around, almost bursting to tears to see his Disciple, here infront of him with those familiar Green eyes "W-Why-Wukong should be watching you-wait-you got lost? Or maybe-" The man Rambled but Tripitaka only stood there silently. Letting go of Mei's hand she stared at the great Monk who seems in shock.

"I mean Wukong always Drags you to safety but why are you here-no wait maybe Wukong got tricked again and some demon carried you here-"

Pat

He hugged him, tightly and Closing his eyes. "Ao Lie my Disciple....I miss you my Dragon..." He whispered, earning the Great Dragon a Blink, and a smile as he Wrapped his arms around The great Monks Neck. "Master I'm glad you're safe! Well-even though it's like been only a minute that I got caught and got seperated from you." He laughed, and hearing Ao Lie Tripitaka might remember a certain old memory.

That Some Demon attacked, and all of them Got Seperated. The Dragon must've caught by that yellow robed demon by chance and locked him up here.

'No way....'

'Holy shit this Goofy ass Guy is the White Horse Dragon AKA my Gramps?!'

'Ooooooh how cool is that?!'

While Tripitaka is Having a reunion with his Old Disciple Mei who's behind shaked in Excitement, almost crying and bursting in joy seeing her grandpa who looks so young and Cool too. She hasn't seen his Dragon form yet but She could smell it that he might do it.

'I want a autograph-No!-I need to take a selfie with my Gramps! I could put a new family photo in my room and maybe Stick one in Donghai's Room!'

And she did redied her Phone and took a shot to the two who's busy chatting and laughing despite their Circumstances who got caged up by a Salty wolf Demon.

-The Golden Cicada Season 4

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

905K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
138K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] lifeยทline หˆlฤซfหŒlฤซn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...