Hard As It Is

Von 180Stopthathoe

For Jahmir Jackson life ain't never been easy, dropping out of high school at seventeen, Jahmir had no choice... Mehr

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Characters 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Thank you and Hi ☺️
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
New Story Alert ‼️
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Thank you for Reading!

Chapter 3

1K 53 59
Von 180Stopthathoe

Jahmir
"Did y'all take care of that nigga body?" I ask entering the trap.  "Yea cut that nigga to pieces and disposed of ''em just like you ask Jet," Shaq tells me with a smile on his face. 

Crazy ass.

"Where that nigga Quez?" I ask Shaq walking into the kitchen. He follows in suit shrugging his shoulders . "Nigga having problems with his bitch, so he decided to stay home today," he tells me opening the refrigerator.

"Laquita mad at the fact that he more closer to me than her, which is understandable I guess, but she tryna make it seem like we on gay shit," He tells me opening the soda.

"That's right I guess y'all are always together. I wouldn't be surprised if y'all actually were fucking behind the scenes dl niggas?"

I tell him leaning against the counter. Shaq almost choked on his drink, letting out coughing noise.

"Not you too Jet. The last nigga I'll fuck with if I was gay is Quez. I need somebody smarter than me," he lets me know finishing off the rest of his soda.

"That's true, but Quez is smarter than you," I tell him laughing a bit. "Oh you a funny nigga?" Shaq tells me not laughing at all.

"Boss?" I advert my eyes from Shaq, turning towards a teen.  "Yea?" I ask him and the scrawny boy nervously hands me a wad of cash.

I take the cash. "How you managed to sell that shit so fast?" I questioned him counting the bills.  He seemed nervous but maybe it is because he was talking to me?

"What you so nervous for?" Shaq tells him pointing out the obvious, and this causes the boy to shrink back.

"I'm not nervous I swear," he voice shakes as he backs up from Shaq towering over him. I sigh, "Shaq leave 'em be"

Shaq takes a step back, sitting on the kitchen counter. "I-I'm sorry," the boy stutters out. Yea I could tell he was new, maybe Lorenzo managed to recruit him?

"What's your name?" I ask him another question, but this time a more formal one. I didn't want the lil nigga to be scared of me especially if he were to be apart of this gang.

"It's S-Slim," he tells me making eye contact for the first one since he introduced himself. Slim?

"Alright Slim, my names Jet most people around here refer to me as Jet, so you can to," I tell him seeing him relax a little.

Street names were common for those who didn't want to be discovered.

"You're different from what the rumors say about you," Slim tells me tilting his head to the side as if he were searching for something.

"Oh?" I say faking the surprise in my voice, "Just what do these rumors say about me?"

"That you're a ruthless, cold hearted, passionless, cold blooded, murder." He tells me with no hesitation whatsoever.

Damn these streets do paint me as a monster. "Watch your mouth Slick," Shaq hops off the counter. The boy becomes nervous once more. How old was this kid? He looked to be about eighteen or nineteen at the most.

I push Shaq back, "Sit Cho happy trigger finger ass down."

"He being mad disrespectful Jet," Shaq tells me gesturing towards Slim. "Didn't you hear me ask him what they say about me?" I shake my head niggas only listen when they feel it's convenient.

Shaq smacks his lips, rolling his eyes in the process.

"Haha." Slim laughs shocking me. What was so funny? "I-I'm sorry Jet is just I ain't never encountered somebody like your friend," He tells me calming down his laughing fit.

Wasn't he just nervous a minute ago? Now he was laughing, and at Shaq of all people! This lil nigga had a certified death wish.

"The fuck you laughing at!" Shaq tells him pushing pass me. Slim tilts his head once again a small smile on his face. "Please back yo goofy looking ass up out my face."

Niggas around us were whispering:

"Oh he got a death wish."

"Shaq gonna break his lil ass"

"Somebody call an ambulance"

I step in between them. These niggas weren't going to fight not in front of me, whatever happens when they're out of my sight that's different.

"Y'all niggas not getting my carpet bloody," I tell them both as they both glare each other down. Shaq licks his lips a habit he had when he swore he tasted the blood of a soon to be victim.

Yet Slim on the other hand the brown skin looked unbothered. This lil nigga might got a case of split personality disorder? I could've sworn he was just scared shitless a moment ago.

"Watch yo mouth speaking to me Slick, this right here," Shaq points to himself his demeanor menacing as he takes one step further. Forgetting that I'm sandwich in between these niggas. "Ain't nothing your lil ass can handle, and I'm not to be fucked with." Shaq tells him almost growling.

I finally push these niggas apart. I turn towards Shaq, "Calm your ass down, that's a whole kid." Shaq glares at me shrugging his shoulders, "He can talk shit like a grown man then the Nigga can get beat the fuck up like one too."

Shaq pushes past me bumping into Slim causing him to stumble a little. "What's his problem?" Slim asks me and I tilt my head at him.

Did he really just ask this?

"Don't worry about it, Shaq is Shaq," I tell him motioning him to follow me. "Since you new around here I'll let you off with a warning. Half of these niggas around here are dangerous not so much as me, but you'll never know if you don't push there buttons. Respect goes a long way," I tell him as we enter the back office.

I take a seat in one of the chairs behind the desk.  I noticed Slim's face holding a scowl.

"You have something to say to me?"   He look like he wanted to say something but it quickly vanishes and is replace by curiosity as he looks around the office.

"Is that," he refers to a picture of August. "August White the one who started this all." I finish his sentence. He turns his attention back towards me, and I take a moment to actually observe him.

He had a baby face, brown skin, with curly hair, and forest eyes.  They were almond shape and some deep dimples when he smiled.

I clear my throat.  "Let them cool down a bit and once they have, I want you to go see Lorenzo. He will supply you with your next supply." I stand up and he also does after a few minutes, and we both exit the office.

"Say Slim come here!" Somebody calls out to the boy and he looks towards me for reassurance. I nod my head and he runs off towards the group of teens.

Now all I wanted to do was find that nigga Shaq.

I wind up finding him smoking a blunt leaning against one of the backyard trees. On this day it's windy so the smoke that comes from his mouth blows away quickly. Leaves scatter and crunch as I walk through the grass to get to him.

I sense he notices my present cause he peaks from behind the tree to look at me. He sighs, "If you're out here to scold me can't you wait till after my high kicks in?" 

"Your temper has always been bad, but I admit you've gotten better at controlling it. Back in the pass lil nigga head might've been off for just looking at you wrong,"  I tell him ignoring his request.

He doesn't respond just hums as we both take in the scenery. There was a point in time Shaq dreamt of being a photographer, so I knew he enjoyed this scene of mid fall where the leaves were different colors, the wind was stronger, and the sun cast a vibrant reddish orange color.

"I hate the fact that so many teens come here thinking that this way of living is just right," Shaq tells me after a few minutes of silence.

I understood that, I too wanted to believe that there's more  to success than what I had going for me, but when you're young struggling, black and in a poor community. What chances do you really have at making it big in life?

"You and I both know and understand where half of these teenagers coming from, and how they feel, because it's the same way we felt,"  I say to him leaning against the other side of the tree facing the fence.

"I guess you're right Jet, but I never wanted to be this type of role model, and I would hate one day if I were to have a son? Would he grow into another me someone like me a killer, a convict?Another black man to fall victim to his surroundings. 

He tells me leaving me speechless. Sure I've thought about the things he spoke. I have a child on my own, and if Soul were to ever find out what it is I truly do. Who I've hurt, the dead that fall under my feet, and the bodies I stand on.

Would she hate me, call me a monster, and then leave me? 

My heart breaks at that thought.

"Sorry Jet."

I shake my head even though he can't see me.

"You don't have to apologize, because it's nothing but a harsh truth."

...
"So glad you decided to stay," Nyasia says sitting next to me in one of the front row seats. Originally I was supposed to grab my daughter and head my ass home, but I wind up getting dragged into staying for a play.

My daughter wasn't in the play but instead she was sitting beside me, in fact her lil ass wanted to watch it instead.

I sigh I couldn't say no.

"No problem besides this one would've had a crying fit if I had said no," I tell Nyasia rubbing my daughters head who giggles at me.

"No I'm a big girl and we don't cry," she tells her daycare attendant. Nyasia chuckles giving her a smile, "Is that so, well you shouldn't cry when it's nap time either." 

Soul grips my right sleeve, shaking her head no. I watch as she goes back and forth with Nyasia. 

I watch the two interact with a smile on my face. My phone vibrates in my pocket. I reach in there grabbing it and it is a message from Amir.

Wyd?

Chilling you?

Bored. When you going to let me take you out?

I read the message. Seriously why can't this nigga take a hint? Do I look and sound like I'm giving him hints that I'm gay?

Never.

I don't take no for answers Jah.

First time for everything I guess.

Who he think he is? Talking about he doesn't take no for an answers. Well he was going to take mines for an answer.

The program ends making me realize I spent most of the time on my phone. 

"Must be someone or something important to have you glued to your phone?" Nyasia asks as we exit the building.

"Hmm?" I look at the woman to my side, I'm sure my face showed confusion. "You were on your phone most of the program, and what I'm saying that it must be someone very interesting to have your finger constantly trying to reply to that person," She tells me as I walk her to her car.

No way that's how she saw me? Who was rushing to reply? I didn't answer her back as she gets into her black Kia.

"Daddy is Mrs Nyasia going to be my mommy?" Soul asks me watching the woman drive off. "No she's not," I shut down her question real quick.

"I think she likes you daddy, because she always talk about you and she be smiling," She tells me with an curious yet innocent expression as if she wasn't sure of what she was saying.

"No she is just a friendly person," I tell her turning down our street.

"Oh," I  hear her say as she looks out of the window.  "Daddy Is that Amir at Mrs Bonnie house?"  She tells me shocking me as I look towards Mrs Bonnie house, sure enough it was his black ass.

Why was this nigga everywhere? I'm very certain he is a stalker. I look at my daughter. "Why is it you always see Amir and can point him out? Did you ever see him before you and I met him at the car wash?" I ask her parking my car on the side of the road.

She shakes her head no. "Are you lying to me?" She shakes her head even harder that her knockers hit the seats.  I sigh  leaning against the steering wheel third times a charm, but this shit was scary.

"Daddy can we go say hi?" Soul says to me tapping my shoulder. I raise up shaking my head no. Can't she understand I was trying to avoid this big headed nigga.

If he saw me he would hound me and make me question myself tell I agreed to what he wanted. I don't know if what I'm thinking is true but he gave off those kinds of vibes.

Tap Tap

I look to my side. "Fuck," I mumble to myself rolling down my window.  "What you doing around here? I think you're scary and a stalker," U say to him as he looks happy yet not to surprised to see me.

"Im visiting my aunty," he says to me and eye him suspiciously. "Mrs Bonnie is your Auntie?" I ask him. He nods his head turning his attention towards Soul whom was trying to crawl into the front seat.

I help her along the way. "Hey Soul Soul!" Amir smiles showing his pretty whites. She reaches out for him and he picks her up pulling her through the open window.

I unbuckle my seatbelt hopping out of my car.

"Mir Mir! We had a performance at my school, and daddy and my teacher I think they are dating," She tries to whisper in Amir's ear but I heard every word.

"Hush up with that nonsense lil girl," I tell her and she laughs. Amir and eye make eye contact. I don't know why I felt the urge to tell him that it wasn't true.

He kisses his teeth his green eyes trailing me like he's looking for indicators of lying. "Oh really?" He finally says in response to Soul while maintaining eye contact with me .

Was this nigga jealous? "Not really," I say motioning for Soul. He takes a step back and I arch my brow. "Hold on you still ain't answer my question," he tells me as his hand plays with Souls knockers.

"What are you talking about?" I reach for Soul once more. He turns to the side placing her on the hip facing away from me. "I ask you out Pa, and I'm waiting for you to say yes," he tells me.

"Nigga and I said no. I'm not going on a date with you," I tell him this nigga wasn't lying when he said he couldn't take no for an answer.

Amir frowns at me. "I'm feeling like you playing with my feelings cause I'm tryna get at chu Pa but you over here having girlfriends and shit."

"Get at me? I done told you I ain't gay but you steady pushing my patience. I don't wanna go out with you, but you steady asking, and whoever I fuck is none of yo business my nigga," I tell him finally grabbing my child from him.

He looks shock but what he expect a part of me kind of felt bad though.

"I'm only pursuing you cause you making it so easy Pa, plus I told you I want you. Even if you refuse I can't see myself just backing down because of that. It sounds insane and I sound crazy, but how could I miss this perfect opportunity," He says to me with a lil grin on his face.

"Opportunity?" I question him what exactly did he mean? An opportunity to fuck me, date me? When I questioned him he looked like he'd let that part slip out making even more suspicious then I had already thought.

"You're my opportunity to have everything I ever wanted in life a family and a lover," he tells me gesturing to my lil girl who looks between us trying to understand everything that's being said.

I shake my head, "There's plenty others out there men and women for you to make yours Amir. You're a cool dude but I ain't feeling you like that."

He smiles at me making my heart beat quicken, no female ever wanted me like this. I don't think Tyasha even considered me an opportunity.

I swallow hard.

"Just give me a chance Pa, and if you don't like this one date then you don't have to worry about me contacting you ever again," Amir tells me stepping towards me placing his hand in the side of my head.

I don't know what made me give in, but I did nodding my head yes instead of saying it.

His smile grows bigger, "I always get what I want."

Amir
"So where you plan on taking me?" Jahmir says leaning against his car door. I lick my lips and his eyes follow. He was to easy to persuade, and that made this plan a whole lot easier.

I wanted to crush him, and break him. See I'm the leader of Gorilla Mob, we wasn't no big gang like Kingpin but we was still well known.

My only goal is to take his crown, he's my opportunity to success nothing more. If I had to lie, and gamble with his heart than that's what I'm going to do.

In the end I'll kill him and that was just simple. Even though I could tell he was suspicious of me that didn't matter if I could easily get him to trust me with a few kind words.

Am I bisexual? Yes. Do I like him? Hell No! But I see the power that he holds and I fell in love with that greed, and that's all he is to me.

I give him a smile. I was always good at faking a smile. Being Fake was my whole personality this point.

"I'll take you out to eat someplace nice, and then whatever you wanna do after we can do it." I tell him of course I didn't know where I would be taking him. If it were up to me and he was just a random as nigga, then I'll take him to whataburger to get a shake and a burger, fuck him and then drop him back home.

However this nigga was hard to figure out emotions wise, and his personality was bland as hell.
It would be hard to figure out what he likes. I could get Slim to do it since I sent him as a rat to this niggas gang. However would it draw suspicion to see this new person trying to get close to you?

Then again what Slim told me it seems as though everyone in this gang treats each other as family? So maybe it wouldn't be as weird to Jahmir.

Although Slim also mentioned someone who was suspicious of him from the start but he said he'll handle him.

"You don't have to take me anywhere expensive, remember this is just to see if I could ever feel you like that," he tells me shocking me.

He smiles at his daughter then back up at me. I couldn't deny when I say he is beautiful. Sexy ass full lips, dark shiny skin, with gold grills that glisten. He had some heavy brown eyes to that were big yet captivating.

To bad I had to put a bullet in his head any other nigga. I've probably would've married them by now.

"We could go to Wendy's or Whataburger?" Jah asks me and I nod.

"Them shakes be bussing at Wata," I tell him and he laughs.

His laugh warms my ear, not just that his whole voice it's smooth yet deep. Kind of like how them listen to the ocean while you fall asleep videos on YouTube make you feel.

To bad that voice had to be the voice of this person.

I mentally chuckle at that.

"Look I have to go, but we can do our date this Saturday," Jahmir tells me getting in his car. Soul waves to me from the back seat.

It makes me feel bad every time I see her chocolate face.  I nod my head in response to him and watch as he drives off.

I start my trail back to Aunty Bonnie. I could smell buttered biscuits through the door as I entered.

"Where you run off to child?" Auntie asks me taking off her turkey mittens. The buttered biscuits with eggs and bacon laid on the plate.

"Where Slim at Aunty?" I ask her taking a biscuit off of the pan.

She smacks my back causing me to groan.

"Boy don't reach into my plate with your grimy hands? And he in the back there watching tv. I think that boy done got into a gang or something he moving just how y'all uncle was moving? You better talk to that boy I ain't burying another one," she tells me spreading vanilla wafers on her Bannana pudding.

"I'll talk him Aunty."
I walk into one of the back rooms. Slim was there playing 2k.  I slap the back of his head causing him to miss one of the shots groaning in pain.

"Speak nigga," I tell him sitting down in one of the bean bags. "What you want I told you already what I know?"  He complains rubbing the back of his head.

"Is that so? So no news about they drugs or new drugs they coming out with? How they moving," I question kind of irritated it was frustrating if you had no idea of your enemy's movements at all time.

"Uhh no not really, I mean I sell for em. They be bugging on how I sell the shit so fast, but I ease my way out of suspicion. They are to easy trusting," Slim tells me cheering as he scores on an online player.

"That's cool but you need to be more discreet you got Aunty down there stressing," I let him know and he groans.

"She stay down my throat," he says shaking his head.

I take this as and opportunity to state my next plan for him.

"I want you to get close to one of them, like extremely close," I tell him and he looks up at me.

"Ain't you already trying to get into Jet's pants? I think that's close enough," he tells me.

Jet? I shake my head, "Yea but he too hard to read easy to persuade and that's all. We need someone who once they trust you can tell you everything about the gang and the history."

Slim groans in frustration, "You always make my job more complicated." 

"I can't think of a person that would trust me enough to do that?"  He tells me waving his hand as if to shoo me away.

"I don't want you to get a person who already trusts you. Go after someone who barely trusts you, earn their respect and trust."

I wanted him to earn the respect of someone who doesn't trust him. Prove that he's worthy of their trust so then he could squeeze information from them.

Slim eyes widens. "No that nigga going to kill me, or I'm going to kill that nigga. I can't stand his black ass,"   He tells me shaking his head no.

"I wasn't asking you. I'm telling you."

Slim groans at me pausing his game, and sitting up. He throws the controller onto the the table.

"Why do you wanna take over their gang so badly? That's going against everything  that Donsilo put in that Treaty. You're going to start a war?"

"That treaty was built upon lies. Kingpin never upheld their end, even till the very end of August," I tell him.  It was true to he didn't understand because he was to young to know what went on and what happened.

"What we're doing is risky and we're playing with our lives! Do you not understand that if we're caught then it's over for me, you, and Gorilla Mob?" Slim tries to reason with me, but I ain't have the time to listen.

This wasn't just about the opportunity to get to the top of the food chain. It was the deep hatred I had towards August White, and the pain I felt for what he'd done.

If I couldn't kill him then I was going to kill and destroy the things and people he cherished the most.

"Don't worry about getting caught alright. Just do as I say, and it'll all be over soon,"  I tell him with a smile.

Jahmir Jackson? Oh how I can't wait to see you cry.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

53.7K 3.1K 24
Profligacy ~Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources. ~Licentious or dissolute behaviour. Growing up as the heir to one of th...
136K 6.4K 41
A Highschool basketball star has only known two things his whole life. Basketball and books. His life had been solely about those two things. It's be...
1.8K 67 5
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
3.4K 105 13
Jackson was kicked out of his home and clan when he came out to his parents. Sent away to a boarding school where he didn't know anyone. What happen...