Remedy (SCP-049 x Reader)

By Loomingx

A new scientist joins an observation team responsible for SCP-049, and surprisingly... gains his interest. (C... More

Chapter 1: The First Encounter
Chapter 2: Book Club
Chapter 3: "A Slap in the Face"
Chapter 4: Trial and Error
Chapter 6: Lavender, Drawings, and Mysteries
Chapter 7: Transfixion
Chapter 8: From Fondness to Fortune
Chapter 9: Mutual Captivity
Chapter 10: A Too-Long Awaited Reunion
Chapter 11: A Fear of Love and Death

Chapter 5: A Bear and Breakfast

3.4K 136 188
By Loomingx

"It doesn't make any sense." You muttered, unable to sleep.

You gathered your clipboard and journal, heading to the office where your cubicle is in your pajamas, robe, and house shoes.

It was always slightly too cold in Site 19.

Yawning, you place your ID against the scanner and head in, sitting down and powering on the computer. Upon logging in, you saw minesweeper open in the corner of the screen.

You haven't given anyone your login information, and you definitely don't know how to play minesweeper.

Going to hover over it with your mouse, it suddenly closes.

Rubbing your eyes, you shook your head before laying out your journal and clipboard on your desk, copying your notes from the experiment and other information you gathered about 049.

Leaving out the fact that you can touch him without crumbling over and dying, of course.

What would happen if someone found out? You don't want to know what kind of experimentation you'd be put through. 

As you wrap your robe around yourself tighter, you feel something bump into your leg from beneath your desk.

Quickly you pulled your legs up and screamed, pushing your office chair away from your desk.

Looking beneath the desk, you see... a small teddy bear.

Its head turned up to you.

"Aw," you took a breath, laughing a little in embarrassment, "Who are you, little guy? Are you lost?"

It nodded, it's arms raised as if to ask you to pick it up.

You kneeled down, picking up the teddy bear gently to your chest and turning off the computer.

Making your way out, you pass by a group of guards and Dr. Itkin.

"Y/N! You're up late. In your pajamas?" He asked, looking between you and the teddy bear.

"I didn't think I'd run into anyone this late, I'm sorry. Ah! Guess what I found while working at my desk!" You said, showing the little bear as it waves its hand.

Itkin froze, the guards suddenly griping their weapons tightly, but not raising them.

"...how long has that been with you?" He asked, fear in his voice.

"Uh... only ten minutes... ish?" You said, holding the bear to you closely.

"That is SCP-1048, last seen at Site 24. It shouldn't be here... how in the world did it get here?" He started, grabbing his pager and calling for re-containment.

"I'm sorry Dr. Itkin, I haven't really read much about all of the other SCP's. Especially not the ones from other sites... is.. something wrong with this one? It's just a small teddy bear yet you seem so on edge..." You said worriedly.

"Dr. Carver from Site 24 told me enough about what it's done. Now, somehow, it doesn't seem.. it's all fine. No need to worry, Y/N, we'll get this all sorted out." He said, seemingly withholding information about 1048 from you.

1048 clutched to your chest as the re-containment unit arrived, all carefully guiding you to the entrance to keter containment.

You quickly looked to Itkin as he followed you and the re-containment unit into keter and to an unclaimed containment cell.

"Itkin.. why are we in keter containment?" You asked nervously, the teddy bear still holding onto you tightly.

"It's ok Y/N, I'll explain soon. For now, we have to contain 1048 here and adjust our protocol accordingly." Itkin said, opening the containment cell.

It's completely empty in here.

"Wh- it's empty! We're just going to leave it in here with nothing?" You asked, looking to the teddy bear.

You could almost swear it looked sad, even though it can't emote.

Itkin sighed, "I.. guess we can furnish this somewhat, and supply it with certain toys but... Since you're so worried about it, how about we put you in charge of 1048?"

"R-Really? I get to work with another SCP?" You asked, excitement bubbling up quickly.

He nodded, "Well, it's a bit of a jump but since it's calm and seems attached to you already.. it only makes sense for you to work with it. By the way... you aren't.. pregnant or anything, right?" 

Your face quickly flushed, "Pregnant?! What, no! Why?!"

Itkin laughed awkwardly, "Thank god.. eh, you'll see once you get the documentation. Tell the guards what you'd like to supply 1048 with in the meantime."

He turned to the door before stopping quickly and turning around.

"Absolutely do not supply 1048 with anything that you could see it... crafting with. Drawing is alright, but crafts are completely off limits, as well as anything that can possibly be used as a weapon." He said, before hurriedly running out to print off the documents for you.

"...You aren't.. gonna hurt anyone or anything like that... right?" You asked 1048, sitting down at its level.

It turned to you, not making any sort of visual response.

"Uh... so! What kind of supplies do you want? Do you like.. children's toys?" You asked.

It quickly nods, running up to you and slapping your leg excitedly.

"Alright! Uhm, some toddler-aged children's toys that can't come apart would be nice." You inform the guards.

"What about a magnetic drawing tablet? The ones you can erase with the slider and draw with the attached stylus? A rug, doll table, and chair?" You asked the bear, it nodding and jumping up and down.

"That, and some sort of doll bed please. Oh! -and one of those wire puzzles with the shaped blocks that you can sorta.. move around along the metal wire.. y'know?" You asked the guards again.

One of them nodded, "My kids at home has one of those, they're pretty sturdy and don't come apart. I'll make sure they get the right thing."

"Oh great! I was worried I might not make any sense trying to explain that thing! Oh! Can we make sure the rug is one of those printed town rugs for children? Some durable toy vehicles and wooden dolls would be nice too." You took a breath, "Wow. I've got so many ideas! Oh, hey little guy! Once we get you the drawing tablet, how about you ask for your own stuff too? I can only get what we allow, but I'll try to listen to your requests, ok?"

The bear seemed more than overjoyed to be working with you, practically going ballistic with excitement.

"How soon do you think we can get those supplies in? I don't want it to go insane in here with completely white walls. Oh! Can we paint each wall a different color? If you supply me with rolling brushes and such. I could probably allow a D-Class to paint in here, depending on what the documents say." You asked.

"Yes, the rooms are pretty much infinitely customizable. I wouldn't worry, we'll let you know if there's anything the higher-ups decline." The same guard responded.

Itkin quickly ran in, door closing behind him as he hands you the documentation.

"Here! Give this a read through, thankfully it's not too long. In the meantime, we will request those supplies you ask for, and put shifts of guards in charge of watching 1048 from that glass window until we can assign more doctors to it." He said, taking a deep breath, "Anyways, you better say goodbye to 1048 for now. I saw in your logs just now, when printing these out, that you're having breakfast with 049 soon?"

Your face lit up, "Yeah! Oh gosh, I almost forgot, with the teddy bear taking my attention."

You turn back to the teddy bear and asked enthusiastically, "Can you be a good bear and wait a little while until your toys and such come in? I'll give you a star sticker if you do well!" 

The bear nodded, saluting you, almost unable to hold still in excitement.

You patted its head and got up, "Great! I'll see you soon then!"

You waved as the guards and you left the containment unit, taking a deep breath and finally relaxing a little.

"How do you know how to treat 1048? You even thought of using positive reinforcement with stars." Itkin said.

"Well, when you study Bacteriology and such that I have, you work with sick children as a social-test... of the sorts. Puts your knowledge to work really fast, and against the clock too. I never had siblings, so I really enjoyed it." You smiled.

Itkin nodded, pointing at the documents in your hand, "Don't forget to look over those documents, I'll be seeing you later Y/N. Thank you for taking on this job so quickly, I'll make sure to put in a good word with the higher-ups after I discuss what you requested with the guards and them."

You held the documents tightly with your other supplies, "Thank you! I really appreciate that! I better get going, I don't wanna be half-awake during my meeting with 049 tomorrow. Safety first!" 

You parted ways, heading back to your room and setting the documents on your night stand before getting comfortable in bed.

After such an exciting night, tomorrow can't come faster!

Your alarm clock rang, and you quickly got dressed in your regular clothes and lab coat, grabbing your ID, pager, journal, and writing utensil before heading to 049's containment cell.

The cafeteria was already made known of your request last night, and should be ready soon. 

Heading in on your own, you noticed the lights in the cell were very dim. You're never here this early, but you knew they should change soon as it's almost 8:00 am.

Looking around the room, you looked for 049, finding he was still sleeping on his bed near the bookshelf.

You set your belongings near the door, to keep enough room on the table for breakfast.

He really deserved a thicker blanket than that. It was practically a sheet.

Does he get cold? -or hot?

You approached 049 carefully, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. You could faintly hear him snoring, holding back a laugh as to not wake him up.

Reaching for your pager, to ask for more time before they send the food cart, you felt the bed suddenly move.

You gasped as you were suddenly pinned under 049, his weight pressed against your wrists harshly.

"..Y/N?" He quietly asked, still in somewhat of a sleepy daze, the tip of his mask almost touching your nose.

"...I can't move." You said uncomfortably.

Just as fast as he grabbed you, he let go and sat up, inspecting your wrists.

"I'm so sorry! The weight at the end of my bed frightened me and I- I'm so sorry." He said nervously, rubbing your wrists with his thumbs gently.

You laughed, "It's ok, I-"

Suddenly, a voice came through on your pager, letting you know the food cart was outside of the room.

"I need to get that, go ahead and take a seat at the table?" You asked, getting up. 

049 nodded and took a seat as you headed to the door, opening it and pushing the cart in as the door closed. You set the table and sat down, picking up your fork and cutting apart the fried egg.

"...is this what you normally eat?" He asked, still having yet to pick up a utensil.

"Huh? Oh, no, unfortunately. I usually just grab a slice of toast and juice. If it's a rough morning, I drink coffee instead." You said, scooping the egg onto your toast and taking a bite.

He nodded, pulling the cloth cover around his mask down and taking a bite of his toast.

"Oh! I know you probably don't eat a lot, since you don't need to, but if you dip the bacon in the egg yolk it tastes good!" You said muffled, covering your mouth since you were still eating.

Hesitantly, he dips the bacon in the egg yolk, taking a small bite.

"Ah, you are right again, doctor." He said, "It's been a long time since I've eaten. I'm.. honored to spend your morning meal with you."

Watching his mouth move while he talks was something new for you, it was almost scandalous seeing a part of him beneath his clothing...

"Are you alright? Your complexion seems warmer than usual." He said as he stopped eating.

"Huh? Oh! No no, I'm ok!" You said, quickly stuffing your mouth with the rest of your toast.

He chuckled, his mouth upturning into a smirk, "Am I the first man the brilliant Doctor Y/N has eaten with, alone? I'm moved."

Quickly covering your mouth as you swallowed, you responded embarrassedly, "I can see you smirking! Cut the banter and eat your food!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 2.9K 33
You were always interested in SCP world, even when everybody near you was saying, that it doesn't exist. After an unknown man offers you a job in a f...
98.7K 2.2K 26
[[Finally complete]] "My lady your face is flushed are you sure you're well?" My heart hammered in my chest he was so close our bodies touching. I st...
107K 2.2K 18
After days of falling under a terrible illness, Y/n is visited by SCP-049 night after night. He sensed the disease in her and realised she would not...
386K 10.1K 28
"The Cure To A Broken Heart" is an SCP-049 X Reader, and I'm pleased to have you here to read it. After a containment breach at t...