Dreams, Dragons, and Deceit |...

By what_the_fawkes

What happens when Rhaenyra and Daemon's night in the brothel turned out to be more than what the princess adm... More

Prologue
Daydreams and Passageways
Visions and Whispers
Namedays
Mud and Trouble
Dragonstone
Driftmark
Sister Act
Love Letters
Betrayal
Red Keep Reunion
Innocent Impoprieties
Aftereffects
Morning Lessons and Afternoon Interruptions
In Hot Water
Interlude
Premonition
Homecoming
A Little Mischief
Aches of the Heart
Turn of the Tide
Reunion
Don't Lose Your Head
Table manners
The Mess You've Made
Swear It
Dinner, Take II
Sparring
The Princess and Her Uncles
Little Dragon
Dream Depression
Just a Walk
Sleepover
Trouble Runs in the Family
I'll Stay
Give Me Your Fire
A New King
Visenya Targaryen
Black Wings
Terms and Sides
Eye of The Storm
Captive
White Noise
Standstill
Between Brothers
Tea Time
A Change of Plans
The Queen That Never Was
Home
Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye
We Light the Way
Hostage
Pillowtalk
Unexpected Company
The Edge of a Dagger
Sequestered
Red Dawn
Behind the Walls
Confession
Silver and Cold
The Gods Made You For Me
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Epilogue IV
Epilogue V
Author's Notes
You Were Made For Me, As I Was For You (Aegon Only Ending)
The Three Headed Dragon (Alternate Threesome Ending)
Edits (photo dump)

Viserys the Peaceful

4.3K 128 13
By what_the_fawkes

I hope y'all are ready for the dragon sh- to hit the fan... 😈

Visaera didn't know how long she had been asleep, only that she was still in Aemond's bed and every inch of her was sore. Beside her, the prince was dead asleep, taking in deep, even breaths.

For a long time, she simply watched him sleep, enjoying how vulnerable he looked. The lid over his sapphire eye only closed halfway and she fought the urge to run her fingers across his scar, loathing the idea of waking him. Aemond completely at peace was a rare sight.

Her dress still in pieces on the floor, she pulled on his undershirt, lit a candle, and tiptoed across the room. As she pushed open the door to the passageway, a familiar kind of anxiety swelled inside her. Since that night, she had been terrified of the tunnels, the way she had been as a child.

I am the blood of the dragon, for fuck's sake. I am not afraid. As she stepped through the archway, she repeated the thought, continuing to do so until she finally reached Aegon's chambers. The door scraped open and she stepped inside, ensuring it was closed behind her.

"Aegon?" he stirred and rolled over in bed, the sight of him made her smile.

"Visaera..." Still half asleep, he automatically reached for her, holding out his hand. When she finally reached the edge of his bed, he finally caught sight of her appearance and sat up. "You and Aemond made up, then?" She shrugged, unsure of what to call what they did. Aegon seemed less than pleased by her answer, dropping her hand and making her heart fall into her stomach.

"Aegon—"

"You know, I actually thought that my mother rescinding Aemond's betrothal was the best thing that could happen to all of us. Aemond could go on being a cunt, and you could finally be free to follow your heart, to be with me... I didn't know your heart would lead you back to my brother's bed..." The hurt look on his face and the accusation in his voice made her want to fall to her knees in front of him.

"Aegon, I—"

"Do you love him?" The jealousy in his words made her cringe.

"I don't know," she answered honestly, "I know that I love you, and I—"

"How can you love me and still want to be with him?" Aegon asked.

"It's-It's complicated, Aegon," she attempted to reason, knowing he had every right to be angry with her. If the situation had been the other way around, she would have wanted to kill him. She knew she was being incredibly selfish; that she didn't deserve either of them. Trying to swallow the lump in her throat, she stepped toward him.

"No, it really isn't Vis. I love you, and I will not continue sharing you with him."

"You had no problem sharing me with him a few nights ago!" she snapped, annoyed with how easily his opinion had changed.

"You were betrothed to him a few nights ago; now you aren't. Sharing you was the only way I could have you and now you're free, and still, you won't choose me over him."

"Aegon, I—"

"Get out, Vis." As he turned away from her, his words sliced through her like a hot knife, stealing the breath from her lungs. Her hand trembled as she reached for him, but Aegon merely batted it away. "Get out!" he snarled, refusing to look at her.

"Aegon..." she choked out his name in a pained whisper, refusing to believe he would turn his back on her.

"Get the fuck out, Visaera!" he shouted. She backed away from him, unable to accept what was happening. No, she would return to her rooms and he would come to her, he had to... As she walked blindly through the passageway, her eyes misted over with tears, all the things Aegon had told her repeated in her head. He had said he needed her like he needed air, and yet...

Visaera's legs finally gave out and she sank to the floor, biting her fist and stifling a sob. She remained there, leaning back against the wall, until the light of dawn poured into the castle, illuminating the passageway. Only when she heard the sounds of Alarya in her chambers did she pull herself up off the floor and stumble through the threshold into her rooms.

The princess did not eat. Despite her efforts, every time she took a bite, the food tasted of ash and she could not swallow. Pushing her plate away, she returned to her bed and pulled the covers up over her head, half-hoping the blanket would suffocate her.

"Princess? I looked into what you asked—" Alarya squealed as Visaera reached out and yanked her into the bed, pulling the covers over them.

"And?"

"Her name is Brielle, she is seven," Alarya answered.

"Seven..." Visaera took a moment to process what Alarya was telling her. "Why would Larys use a child to spy—"

"They're easy to manipulate. She's been here for two years, according to the kitchen maid I spoke to. After the King took to bed..."

"Can we use her?" Alarya shook her head.

"She lost her family years ago, Lord Larys has been providing for her ever since. What could we offer?"

"Mm," Visaera chewed on the edge of her nail and laid her head on Alarya's shoulder.

"Where were you last night?"

"With Aemond," she answered simply. Alarya was not blind, immediately noticing the question put Visaera on edge.

"What happened?" The princess laughed ruefully.

"I fucked up," she answered, "the way I usually do. I think it's all I know how to do, cause trouble..."

"I've known you for more than six years," Alarya replied, "and I can assure you that is absolutely true." Visaera laughed and nudged her shoulder.

The pair remained in bed for the majority of the afternoon and Visaera found comfort in the arms of her friend. Alarya held her while she finally choked out what had happened with Aegon, rubbing warm strokes of reassurance across Visaera's back.

"Aegon asks a valid question..." Alarya finally murmured, combing her fingers through Visaera's hair. "Do you love Aemond?"

"I don't know." Visaera replied, "I know we have a connection, I just... I don't know if it's love or something else..." When Visaera's stomach growled, Alarya forced her out of bed and dressed her for supper.

Outside of her chambers, Aemond caught her around the waist, pulling her close and nuzzling her ear.

"Where have you been all day?" he enquired, inhaling against her hair and making her shiver.

"Hiding from the consequences of my actions," she admitted softly as they began to walk to supper.

"I assumed you were with—" Visaera shook her head and a long silence followed.

"He won't even speak to me..." The moment she said the words, her eyes flooded with tears and she had to blink them away.

"Perhaps that's for the best, then..." She stared at him in dismay. "I'm going to speak to my mother tonight... I still intend to marry you." Visaera's mouth fell open in a very unladylike manner and Aemond had to chuck her under the chin to make her close it.

"Why would you—"

"I told you yesterday..." Then he spun her about, patted her on the rear, and walked her to her seat. The way he physically handled her made her blush and Visaera was grateful the Queen had not yet arrived.

The moment she did, Alicent's eyes narrowed at her, yet the she made no comment to Visaera. She and Helaena took their seats and then they all waited in uncomfortable silence.

"Where is your brother?" the Queen finally snapped.

"I haven't seen him today," Aemond answered. Helaena, similarly, had not seen Aegon. Deciding not to wait any longer, Alicent bowed her head and prayed, Visaera following suit. Despite Alicent seeming unaffected by Aegon's absence, Visaera was worried about him. Was he avoiding her? Avoiding his brother because of her?

After their interaction during the night, she imagined he was drinking himself to death just to spite her. The thought churned her stomach and she fought the urge to gag.

For the entirety of the meal, the only sound in the hall was the light clatter of dishware and Visaera forced herself to swallow down bits of stew. After her argument with the Queen, Visaera saw no reason for niceties to be observed so she made no effort to converse with them.

"Beware the beast beneath the boards..." Helaena's muttering drew Visaera's attention and she reached for her hand, attempting to comfort her.

"What did you see?" she whispered. But Helaena's eyes were still glassy and she continued to mutter to herself. All Visaera could do was allow her aunt to squeeze her hand.

Eventually, Helaena released her hand and her vision cleared. When she yawned, the princess decided it was nearly time to retire. Despite the fact that she had remained in bed for most of the day, Visaera was exhausted. She excused herself with a polite curtsy and Ser Jaunton followed her out.

The burning in her eyes was the first sign that a vision was moments away. Memories of the last one haunted her and she paused, remembering the feeling. The warmth came next, scorching her skin and making her sweat.

"Ser Jaunton—" As she attempted to alert him, she blindly reached for the wall for support, but then she was falling backward, her body shuddering. Her eyes stung with a pain unlike anything she had felt before and she bit down on her tongue to counteract the burning, blood filling her mouth.

"Princess, I've got you. Alarya is here..." She could vaguely hear the knight's voice as she saw herself leaning over the King's  bedside, listening to him groan her mother's name over and over. Just when the burning became too much to bear, the King's  face went slack and his head fell to the side and Visaera was suddenly back in the corridor, blinking the blood from her eyes.

"Visaera, are you alright?" Alarya asked, wiping the bloody tears from her face.

"The King..." Visaera breathed, tearing herself from their arms. "The King... I'm fine, I need to see the King!" Eyes still burning fiercely, Visaera sprinted through the castle until she rounded the corner and reached for her grandfather's door.

She was panting from both panic and her exertion when she opened the door and entered the King's chambers. It never ceased to horrify her how Viserys was kept in such dreary conditions. The curtains were pulled closed and his effigy of Old Valyria was now shoved against the wall, gathering dust and cobwebs.

Visaera swallowed the lump on her throat as she approached the bed, terrified that her vision was right and the King was due to meet The Stranger. His soft wheezing greeted her ears as she came to stand at his bedside, swallowing back fresh tears. She guessed that he had already taken milk of the poppy as he seemed to be asleep. Reaching for his hand, Visaera gave it an assuring squeeze, worried about how cold his fingers felt.

"I won't let you be alone; I promise..." she whispered as a tear finally dripped down her cheek. Leaning against the edge of his bed, she clutched his hand and spoke softly to him, assuring him that he had been a good and kind King and that her mother would strive to do the same. She thanked him for all the wonderful ways he had tried to support her, even encouraging her to train.

"I love you..." Unable to leave, terrified it would be the last time she saw him alive, Visaera remained there, rubbing circles over the back of his hand.

Visaera wasn't sure when the Queen entered the room, only that she came to stand beside her, placing her hand on the king's shoulder. As she looked up into Alicent's sorrowful face, she realized something... No matter how much the Queen loathed her and her brothers, no matter what disagreements she had with Rhaenyra, Alicent loved her husband. It was written across her face, casting dark shadows in her eyes as she watched him take in a gasping breath.

"I never realized how hard this must be for you..." she whispered, offering the Queen her free hand, bewildered when she actually accepted it. The two women consoled one another in silence, lost in their own thoughts. When he groaned and blinked his eyes open, Visaera dropped the Queen's hand and leaned over him.

"Grandfather? I'm here, your wife as well." Another pain-filled groan followed as Alicent leaned over and offered him milk of the poppy. Taking a sip, he leaned back against the pillow.

"You-you wanted to know... If I believe it to be true..." he struggled to speak clearly.

"Believe what to be true, my King?" Alicent asked, looking as confused as Visaera felt.

"Aegon..." Aegon? Aegon what? Did he want to see his son?

"Our son?" Alicent asked, brushing a hand over his forehead. "What about our son?"

"His dream..." Visaera knitted her brows together and leaned closer, completely lost as to what her grandsire was trying to say. "The Song of... Ice... and Fi... It is true." Visaera's breath caught in her throat and she glance at the queen to see if she had any idea what he was saying. Alicent looked equally confused. "It is true. What he saw in the North... The-The Prince That Was Promised..."

"I don't understand, Viserys," Alicent replied, sounding on the verge of tears. They sprang in her own as she watched the queen look down at her husband with worry. The king gasped in pain and shifted, leaning closer.

"The prince..."

"Prince Aegon?" Alicent repeated, seeking his clarification.

"To unite the realm against the cold... and the dark... It is you. You must do this. You must..." Another wheeze came from his lips and Alicent straightened up, rubbing her nose and sniffling.

"I understand, my King," she finally replied. Visaera stared at her in confusion. What did she understand? Still clutching the King's hand, Visaera leaned over him, the man she had been named for, and a tear fell from her eye.

"Do-do not cry, my love. You... You must do this... The song... Rhaenyra..." The hand she had been clutching reached up and stroked a line over her cheek and Visaera finally let out a painful sob. The King thought he was talking to her mother. She felt her heart, barely holding itself together, finally shatter in her chest.

"Come on, love, let him rest," Alicent breathed, pulling on Visaera's arm. She shook her head, still staring at the hand that had stroked her cheek. She couldn't leave him like this. "Visaera, come," Alicent had to wrap her arms around her chest and practically drag her from the room.

Out in the corridor, her trembling legs gave way beneath her and she fell to the floor, sobbing. "It's alright. It's alright, Visaera. He gave us a task; he told us what to do." Alicent was still red-nosed and sniffling, but her eyes had a determination on them.

"W-what?' Visaera asked, befuddled by her words. "What are you talking about? He was speaking in riddles and gibberish." For fucks sake, he had thought she was her mother. The Queen shook her head sadly at the princess.

"Ser Criston, see Visaera back to her rooms, please. It has been a trying evening and we all need our rest..."

"Of course, your grace," Ser Criston agreed. His tone was soft and understanding but his hands clamped painfully around her arms as he pulled her up off the floor and forced her to walk.

"I need to send a raven..." she murmured, fighting against his hold.

"The Queen has commanded that you rest, princess. You can see the maester on the morrow." She didn't argue with him, knowing full well she would never convince him to disobey the Queen's orders, but inside she was screaming.

Visaera knew, without knowing how she knew, that Viserys Targaryen would not live to see another day. Despite the summer weather, cold seeped into her, settling in her bones and leaving her terrified of what the morning would bring...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 8.7K 59
"Why you must make me bleed my love" said Daemon "For it bring me nothing but joy" Replied Aelana * * * * When Aegon I conquered the Westeros with hi...
7.1K 206 14
Aelyria Targaryen is the product of Rhaenyra's Targaryen wedding night escapade. She grows up in King's Landing amongst vipers and spiders, and not e...
236K 8.5K 34
The life of Saera Targaryen told in four acts. She was her father's forgotten daughter, cast aside as she looked nothing like her mother. Her younge...
168K 4.6K 20
Viserys has a vision of the Dance of the Dragons. He decides to take action before it is too late. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The r...