Mistake | SangHoon✅

By Driwed

Sangyeon is Younghoon's personal assistant, but finds himself taking on the job of bodyguard when death threa... More

To whomever is reading...
Point 1
Point 2
Point 4
Point 7
Point 9
Point 10
Point 16
Point 18
Point 23
Point 25
Point 30
Point 40
Point 41
Point 43
Point 46

Point 31

16 0 0
By Driwed

Younghoon frowned, taking the bagged goods. If he could just ensure their safety, he'd take these guys out with no hesitation. It was unnerving to know they were watching his every move. It wasn't like he could run very far, he had no money and no car. He hated this. If only he could go back in time and stop his younger self from doing something so rash.

"You're back and have my goods. You're a useful errand boy that's for sure." the man cackled.

"You promised after this I'd get to see them. Show me where they are, if they're okay..." he begged, his head pressed against the floor.

"Alright! Geez... You two, show him."

They nodded, pinning his arms behind his back before leading him. One opened the door, the other two still holding him. There they sat, one asleep and the other staring at nothing.

"Juyeon! Sangyeon!"

The one awake turned, looking with wide eyes. He started to get up before freezing in place at the sight of a gun.

"Hoon, you're okay. What are they doing to you?"

"Errand boy... He swears if I do enough he'll release you both but..." he spoke before shaking his head.

They both knew it was an empty promise. Younghoon looked at the one asleep, his heart in pain.

"You really do like him huh?"

"Alright enough chatter! Get moving." a goon spat, shoving Younghoon back out the door.

"Keep each other safe, Ju!" he shouted before the door closed.

On the outside they seemed fine but who knew what they were feeding them? No, if they were feeding them. There had to be a way out of this mess that he wasn't thinking of.

Sangyeon awoke, seeing Hellju was shimming around in a corner.

"What's going on?"

"We're breaking out. I'll go insane if I stay here a moment longer."

No sooner had he spoken those words that his arms were freed from its bindings. He quickly got to work on freeing his legs before helping Sangyeon.

"Are you planning to escape now? Wont they come checking in on us soon?"

"Just follow my lead."

Sangyeon nodded, following his movements. Minutes later a few goons came in to check on them. They were kicked and stepped on but did their best to keep their positions. They left after they had their fill.

"Alright, follow me. There's a passage here. I have no idea where it leads but it's better than here."

"How did you find it?"

"It's amazing what boredom can accomplish."

Sangyeon wasn't sure if that was sarcasm or not so he opted to staying silent. They slipped into the narrow passageway, shimming their way through.

"Stop. Let me see what's ahead before we continue."

Sangyeon watched as he pressed against the door, looking through the crack.

"It's empty, let's go."

They entered the room, seeing it was just storage. Sangyeon peeked out the window, seeing how far up they were. Jumping was not an option unless he wanted to die.

"See a fire escape?"

"Yeah but it's the room next to us." Sangyeon responded, pressing against the window.

"Stay here and out of sight. It'd be bad if they got both of us."

"You know, for a heartless guy you're doing all the dangerous stuff. What's up with that?"

"So you want to go out there?" he challenged.

"No, but it wouldn't hurt to give me an option to. Okay, shutting up. Come back safely. You mean a lot to Younghoon." Sangyeon spoke as he hid.

"So do you."

Sangyeon heard the door close, wondering what Hellju said before leaving.

Juyeon quietly tried the door, thankful it was unlocked. Though there was no reason to lock it. It was an empty room. Things were going too smoothly. Maybe these guys weren't as organized as he thought. He started to head back for Sangyeon only to hear voices.

"I don't get it. He gave everyone all his money, cars, homes, everything he owned but the clothes on his back. Why do we continue like this?"

"Because he isn't suffering like we have for years!"

"I get that but being flat broke with no job and no one to care about you... isn't that enough?"

The other person was silent.

"I guess. It's not up to me to decide though, it's the boss. The one who stated this while thing anyway."

"Right. He's not so forgiving."

The voices became faint as Juyeon held his breath. So the top guy united all who had been scammed to form this flimsy organization? He must be real charismatic for that.

Sangyeon heard the door open but stayed out. He couldn't be too sure who it was entering.

"Let's go before those goons come back."

They started their descent down the fire escape when they could hear a faint uproar coming from within the building.

"Looks like they found out we're missing. Step on it."

He didn't have to tell him twice. The two hurried down, running down the block. They bumped into passerby, Sangyeon the only one apologizing.

"You go that way, I'll throw them off."

Sangyeon nodded, running off alone. Juyeon silently watched before running back. As much as he wanted to abandon Younghoon to his fate, he still had his morality somewhere.

"I said I don't know! You of all people should know I've had no contact with them at all." shouted Younghoon as he held his bleeding arm.

"He's right. They broke out on their own."

Juyeon had to be behind it. Did they get far?

"You, stay with him. I'll go find them myself. Without them..."

The boss headed out with others, three guards left with Younghoon.

"Would taking my life make all of you happy?"

The replies were mixed. One was all for it but the other two showed hesitance.

"Death is an easy way out in my opinion. You don't suffer anymore once your dead."

"Right. Don't you understand now why we don't wanna kill him? He won't suffer like us if he's dead."

The third started to see reason. What they said made sense. For years they had to live with the consequences of his actions. If he died, he wouldn't have to suffer like them.

One of the guards groaned, their grip on Younghoon loosening.

"What the- ACK!"

Younghoon was freed, Juyeon holding a bloody blunt object.

"Come on, don't make my rescue in vain!"

Younghoon snatched up a gun, hurrying out with him.

"You came back for me..."

"I didn't do it because I cared. Just didn't want to disappoint my mom."

Younghoon said nothing else, hoping he wouldn't have to use a gun yet again. Goons soon appeared, heading straight towards them. Younghoon swallowed, seeing the safety lock was released.

"Hey! Snap out of it!" Juyeon shouted, barely dodging an attack.

Younghoon sighed, holding up the gun to aim. Nothing vital, nothing vital. Juyeon watched as the goons recoiled from the pain of being shot. It scared him how good Younghoon's aim was.

Sangyeon panted heavily, hiding out in a department store. Where was Juyeon? Throwing them off shouldn't be this long. Realization washed over him. It was a lie to get them to split up. He understood it would be so they both don't get caught but...

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Oh, sorry. I was waiting for someone but it seems they aren't coming. Sorry again." he apologized before quickly leaving the section.

He was at a loss of what to do. He could go to the police but then Hellju and Younghoon would be investigated. They'd both be jailed for the things the police would find. He might even be jailed just for association. There was no one to turn to for help. He thought about going back to help but then Hellju's efforts would go to waste. The best thing to do was...

"Mom? Hey, does your weird friend still own that house? Why? I need a place to lay low. Yeah. Thanks. Love you too."

It was still up and perfect for squatting in. He started making his way over, hoping not to get caught on the way.

Sangyeon anxiously awaited news from the two as he stayed holed up in the weird friend's attic. A day seemed like forever when someone's life was hanging in the balance.

"Sangyeon, you awake?"

"Yeah..."

They poked their head up, taking him in. Did he even sleep? Their question was answered by the bags under his eyes. Whoever it was must be that important if Sangyeon was skipping sleep.

"Want anything? I'm making mint toast!"

"Mint... toast...?" he asked warily.

"Yep. It tastes really good with fish jam!"

Sangyeon vigorously shook his head, asking for something light and edible.

"Oh, also... Don't worry too much. Everything will turn out fine." they smiled before heading back down.

It was so easy to say that. They didn't know what kind of life Younghoon led. They didn't know that some people would stop at nothing to hurt him and everyone around him. They didn't know anything. It was starting to dawn on him how easy it was to say "things will get better" or "everything will turn out fine". Life had no such guarantees. He knew this now.

"Where are you two? At least tell me you're safe..." he mumbled, once more checking his phone for notifications.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 1.4K 38
| 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝟻 𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 | Ha Haneul, young lady who is a bodyguard for BTS. How's her life is when she's a bodyguard? ⚠️ vulgarities START: 01/0...
288K 13.2K 38
One where Jin is Jungkooks bodyguard but thy don't get along very well .......... U know what happens next 😉 ♾
237K 10.4K 57
Working at a private security agency has its perks. The downside? Being the personal bodyguard of spoiled, rich heiresses like you. But there are thi...
68.6K 3.6K 23
❝you were supposed to protect me, but now look who's protecting who my bodyguard.❞ Jeon Jungkook the mysterious hot strong and popular guy, hired the...