Shifted | Marvel

By SirNickFlurry

Shifting (verb) "The act of moving one's consciousness from this current reality (CR) to one's desired realit... More

β˜…π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’‡π’•π’†π’…β˜…
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2010)
1. Son of Coul and Patchy (2010)
2. Trypanophobia (2010)
3. Randy's Donuts (2010)
4. New Mexico (2010)
5. Keeping up with the Odinsons (2010)
6. Agent Romanoff (2010)
7. Meow, meow (2010)
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2012)
8. Friends close, enemies closer (2012)
9. Assembling (2012)
10. Loki (2012)
11. What's his play? (2012)
12. The fight on the bridge (2012)
14. Assemble (2012)
15. Final battle (2012)

13. Suit up (2012)

49 3 7
By SirNickFlurry

I press my eyes shut at the sudden beam of light that's shining through my blanket of dirt. Something grabs me at the front of my stained sweater and easily pulls me out of the dirt. I cough and look up to see Thor look at me worriedly.

I stand up and wipe the dirt and blood away from my eyes.

"Are you good?" Thor asks as he looks around.

"I just fell from thirty thousand feet in a metal trap. A nearly died." I pause. And than I smile.

"Ofcourse I'm good. I've never felt more alive in my whole entire life. Are you alright?" I ask him.

He laughs boisterously. "Oh please, I am the God of Thunder, and you're asking me if I'm alright?"

He keeps laughing and I can't help but join. Thor turns around and walks towards Mjolnir. I look at him as he hesitantly picks it up, but then lifts it to the skies, summoning a bolt of lightening. A darkness grows over the field, and Thor's armor begins to fly on. I put a hand on my side. I feel around a bit, and at several spots it does hurt a lot. My self diagnosis says I broke three ribs.

Thor's armor is fully on, and he gestures me to follow him.

"You know where we're going?" I ask him.

"Uh, actually no. Don't you have a map on you or something?" He stops and turns to me.

"Do I look like I have a map on me?" I look at my outfit. My clothes are stained with blood and dirt, and ripped at several places. The few spots of skin I can see are covered with scrapes and bruises. I still have the gun strapped against my thigh, and see that it also has several scratches, just like my watch.

My watch!

"I do have a map on me!" I yell at Thor. I turn the dial towards me. I scroll until I see a little world map on the watchface. The watch keeps lagging, and I can barely see where the red dot is that indicates our location.

"Well, I don't think I have ever not failed a geography exam, but I think we're somewhere on Long Island, near Westhampton."

"We have to find Loki," Thor says.

"I think I know where we need to go." I say, smiling at Thor.

"Then let's go! We have got no time to lose," he booms, walking away from the field.

"It's the other way!" I yell after him, and he turns around. I trail next to him, almost jogging to keep up with his fast pace.

"You know, my back does hurt a little bit from the fall," I say looking at Thor.

"I am going to be fair, small mortal, my shoulder hurts a bit too."

"See, we're all just human," I say, accepting the fact he will not be learning my name any time soon.

"Well, I am not, but sure," he answers.

...

(Third person Pov)

Clint Barton watches Natasha as she starts to remove the strap restraints around his wrists. After Natasha had hit him in the head, the control Loki had over him disappeared.

"Loki got away?" Clint continues their conversation.

"Yeah, I don't suppose you know where?"

"Didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today," Clint answer, following Natasha with his eyes as she walks toward the door.

"We have to stop him," she says, looking at Clint.

"Who's we?"

"Whoever is left," she says, with a sad smile.

"You don't sound like you. You're a spy, not a soldier. And now you want to wade into war? What did Loki do to you?" Clint questions, his eyes very serious.

"He didn't, I just-" Natasha looks at the ground.

"I've been compromised. I got red on my ledger and I'd like to wipe it out," she says, sadly.
"He's also the reason we lost Andie."

"Andie? You brought her here?" Clint asks, surprised.

"We didn't. She brought herself," she shrugs. "And she's not here anymore.   We don't know where she is. We can't track her watch anymore," she look worriedly at Clint.
"She could be dead, Clint."

Clint looks at Natasha, smiling reassuringly at her.
"She's not dead. Really, it's Andie. She doesn't die until she wants to."

Natasha scoffs, knowing that what her best friend says is true.

Clint walks to the restroom to wash his hands, leaving Natasha with her thoughts. Two people fill her thoughts. Loki and Andie. One of them she wants gone, one of them she wants back.

Suddenly, Steve enters, completely suited. Natasha stands up from the bed.

"Time to go." He says, looking at the woman.

"Go where?"

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can," Clint says as he enters from the restroom, looking at the captain.

Steve looks at Natasha, who gives him a subtle nod.

"Then suit up."

On the hellicarrier, the team prepares for their first fight together.  Clint takes his bow and arrows, Natasha powers up her Widow's Bite, which light up. Tony is repairing his helmet, and Steve straps his shield onto his back.

Not long after, Steve is walking through the lower hangar bay with behind him Natasha and Clint. They walk into the quinjet, startling one of the engineers.

"Hey, you guys aren't autorised to be in here."

Captain America puts up his hand, silencing the engineer.
"Son, just don't."

The three sit themselves down in the cockpit.

On the bridge, Fury is holding Couldon's trading cards, while looking over the air deck.

Maria joins him.
"Sir. I believe those cards were in Coulson's locker, not in his jacket."

Fury keeps staring ath the cards.
"They needed a push."

Two pairs of eyes dart up as the quinjet and Iron Man take off towards the city.

"Get our communications back up, whatever you have to do. I want eyes on everything," Fury says, still ooking outside.

"Yes, sir," Maria responds.

...

(First person Pov)

"How will we ever find Loki in this forest made of stone?" Thor asks looking up at the skyscrapers of New York City. 

I look up aswell, and I am stunned. I have never been to New York, surprisingly. I've always wanted to, so this is a dream come true. 

"You just missed the perfect opportunity to call it 'the concrete jungle'," I say turning my head to look at him. 

"Let's get on top of that one." Thor says, pointing his hammer at the nearest (and coincidentally tallest) skyscraper, getting weird looks from some passers-by.

"Oh, it's quite tall isn't it? I mean, we could just wait until he blows something up, we'll hear it," I say. I'm not really afraid of heights, but standing on top of one of New York's skyscrapers? I'd rather not.

"Oh fear not, you've fallen from higher," he says, laughing. Before I can protest, he grabs me around my waist and swings his hammer up, sending us flying. I groan all the way up. Once we land I forget most of my anger. The view is absolutely beautiful. I can see everything; Central Park, Empire State Building, Stark Tower. But what catches our attention most, is the large strea of blue light that suddenly shoots into the sky. 

"I think Loki is there," I say sarcastically, looking from the beam to Thor. 

"Let's go," he says, holding his arm out to me. I sigh and wrap my arms around him. As he launches us up, I can see the portal slowly opening,  and hoards of aliens flying through. 

And fear hit me. This didn't look that bad watching this in my room, covered with blankets and a big bowl of popcorn on my lap. But right now, I'm in the middle of it all. At this moment, thousands of people are in dangers, and there are six people about to save them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.8K 34
π„ππƒπ‹π„π’π’π‹π˜| ❝And I will love you, endlessly.❞ 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 π’π­πšπ«π€ 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞π₯ 𝐂𝐒𝐯𝐒π₯ π–πšπ«β€•οΈŽπ„π§ππ πšπ¦πž 𝐏π₯𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐲 @𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐱𝐬�...
304K 9.6K 63
It's been a year since Thanos was defeated and the Avengers have settled into a seemingly normal life since then. However, new problems soon start to...
116K 3.1K 71
Your a young girl who had an unexpectedly event that changed your life forever the Avengers take you in as their new Recruit and soon you'll become o...
62.4K 1.7K 51
"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire." - "I have completely fallen for you. Everything...