Dirty Dancing: A Diana Story

By Its_Just_a_Thriller

*ALL CHAPTERS COMPLETED* She was a young woman who the world only saw as daddy's-little-girl, naïve, and inno... More

Dirty Dancing: A Diana Story
Be my Baby
Kellerman's
Who Are They?
Do you Love Me?
Go Back to your Playpen, Baby
The Fountainhead
Wipe Out!
Hey! Baby

Hungry Eyes

32 0 0
By Its_Just_a_Thriller

I've been meanin' to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You're mine tonight
Hungry Eyes, Eric Carmen

Diana:

"I'm here!" I said running up the stairs to the dance studio, chewing on a bagel. "I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I got held up at breakfast!" I apologized profusely, throwing my backpack in its usual corner and taking one last bite of the cinnamon-y bread and tossing it aside.

I was only ten minutes late, but I didn't want him to think I wasn't taking this seriously.

Michael and Tatiana sat on the other side of the room, turning their heads as I ran in and stopping mid conversation.

Tatiana had been coming in every so often to help me with my sensuality as she called it, which I'd originally laughed at — much to her disapproval.

Apparently there were a few things that Michael couldn't teach me, being that he was a male performer, and considering the fact that Tat was basically sex on heels — from the way she walked, talked, and held herself in general — she was the perfect candidate to help me in that area which I substantially lacked.

I didn't have much, but I was firmly set on the phrase 'fake it till I make it'. As long as the audience was under the impression I had a little sensuality in me then I'd be golden. The upbeat mambo dance was a love story after all, and they had to believe whatever was between us on the stage was genuine — Atleast until the dance was over.

I had no clue how Michael was able to pretend like I was anywhere near as sultry as his real dance partner, but then again he was a professional. I'm sure he could've danced with broom and he would've been able to make it look like they had chemistry.

"Okay." I breathed heavily, giving them both a contrite smile as I faced them. "I'm ready."

Michael faced me, wearing his usual getup, but today in a black over shirt. He crossed his arms over his chest, as Tatiana walked up to me.

Her hair was down like usual, but today she was wearing a form fitting bright red leotard with translucent black leggings, and gold strappy heels that made her the same height as Michael. To put it simply, she was gorgeous and reminded me of a jungle cat with her sleek body and sharp features.

She smiled mischievously, throwing me the black material that she'd been holding in her hands.

"Go put this on." She instructed.

I held up the black material, eyeing I curiously as I tried to figure out what it was... A skirt maybe? But it looked too small to move around it. Maybe it was a shirt of some kind, or even a blind fold. I wouldn't have put it past them to do have me do an entire lesson in the dark... I didn't want to break anything with only a few days before the show, but maybe it would've helped my movements if I couldn't see.

"It's a leotard." She said, "And tights."

My eyes widened as I looked at the small piece of fabric that I pinched in my fingers and held up to my face, as I looked at Tatiana.

"This is supposed to cover my entire body?" I said with shock.

"It'll do the the trick." She nodded, trying not to smile at my scared expression.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I looked down at my shorts and loosely tucked in button up shirt.

"It's a matter of perspective." She explained patiently. "Of putting your head in the right mindset. How are you supposed to pretend to be sexy if you don't actually feel it? You have to look the part."

I just stared at her. She couldn't possibly think this would make me feel more confident? If anything I was about to die of embarrassment. If it was anything like hers then it would cover most of my body, but it was also skin tight. I'd feel naked.

"It's all apart of the illusion, Baby." She assured me lightly. "Just like Michael always says, dancing is a feeling. You have to be well acquainted with your body so that feeling relates to the crowd watching you. Besides, this way you'll be able see every turn, bend, and move you make and work on anything that has to be fine tuned. It'll help with visuals."

Oh, I'm sure it would...

I looked at Michael who stood behind her by the corner of the room, listening with a relaxed expression. He shrugged breezily, nodding towards Tatiana. It looked like he was only a spectator today, and she had the floor.

Before I could talk myself out of it, I turned towards the bathroom and got dressed.

***

I had to keep from pulling the tight material away from my body and stretching it to gain some level of comfort— and when I did, Tatiana would gently slap my hands away.

I hardly recognized the woman in full length body of mirrors when I came out, and there were some lines and crevices of my body that I didn't even know I had. I looked like a... woman. Someone I'd never seen before.

Michael dragged a pillow to the floor, crossing his legs as he took a seat, and placed his forearms on his knees. He was letting her control the lesson today, and would only be here to help her and make suggestions.

It was intimidating standing infront of someone who was so comfortable in her skin — which was understandable why she was. To simply put it, she had the body of dancer; long and slim, made for quick and precise movements that elegantly flowed and turned to the naked eye.

And I didn't even like wearing swimsuits so I tried to stay away from the water.

She was just so confident, which emulated from her in heaps.

Music was playing through the studio, which wasn't our usual mambo song, so I knew today wasn't about that specific dance.

"Hold out your palms." She told me, doing the same as she pressed ours together in between us, "Now start stepping in time with me."

The soft click of our heels tapped with each step; She'd take one back and I'd go forward, and then vice versa. We stayed standing in our same spots though as we moved with a sultry grace.

Placing one hand on my hip, she helped me nudge it out as I steps forward and back, and then repeating the move with the other leg.

"Good." She said lightly, "Very smooth."

"Thanks." I mumbled, as she put our palms flat against each other again.

"Sexuality is an important thing with your partner on the dance floor, especially when it's a supposed to evoke passion and lust between the people who are doing it. There are slow and sultry dances, fun and fast, and then there are dances like the mambo which are is more of a fiery love affair." Her eyes sparkled. "A lot of Latin dances are like that."

"Ah..." I hummed.

"Dancing is sort of like acting, Baby." She continued. "Even if you hate the person you're doing it with, it's your job to trick everyone else into believing the story your telling together is true. Because that's what you're doing; you're telling a story with your body and actions."

"I don't hate Michael..." I said lightly, glancing down at him from his spot on the floor.

He smiled admonishingly at me.

Tatiana continued again. "With this particular dance Michael of course is the leading man, and you are the leading woman. What kind of love story would Breakfast at Tiffany's have made if we didn't really believe Audrey Hepburns character was a strong and confident woman maneuvering her way through a new city?"

"Not much of one." I guessed and she nodded.

"It's all about confidence, Baby." She said pointedly, fanning our pressed hands to the sides before bringing them between us once again; our feet didn't falter. "You're a beautiful and alluring young woman, and you shouldn't be afraid to show more of that side during the performance."

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up. Was she talking about the right person?

"I'm serious!" She chastised sharply, and I pressed my lips together, trying not poise myself once again. "And you have to believe that, even if it's just for five minutes this Thursday. It's a very powerful feeling when you harness that ability. Michael may be leading the dance, you accent him." She tilted her head. "Men will want to be him, but they'll want to be with you. It's all apart of the act."

Picturing myself in Tatiana's shoes was a hard thing to accomplish, especially when we were very different people. So the thought of taking her place for even five minutes was perplexing to say the least.

But, I'd try.

She sighed, stopping the dance as she placed a hand on her thick belt. "You're still not harnessing it."

"I'm just not a very sensual person, Tatiana." I said honestly with a shrug, "It's not exactly something that I'm good at. That passion you're talking about is basically alien to me."

"Well we have to capture it some how..." She thought. "Think about the first man you'd ever felt something for; that first love. How did it make you feel? What did it make you do? Take those feelings and put it into every step you take."

Well considering the only man I'd ever felt mature feelings for was sitting on a pillow three feet away watching us...

She waited patiently for me, and I realized she wanted a real answer.

"Uh..." I sighed heavily, and the only thing that could come to mind was the first time I'd ever seen him in the dining hall. That feeling of complete and utter euphoria and curiosity, making me disregard any rational thoughts as I watched a man who I had no chance of ever keeping. I tried to replicate that first sight.

"It was like a spark." I finally said.

It was exiting, and little dizzying. The innocence of an impossible first love...

She nodded encouragingly, telling me to go on.

"It makes you feel unpredictable and erratic... Like your stomach drops every time you see them, and you feel like an entirely new world has opened up for you... It's chaotic but soothing at the same time, like the embers of a fire that never fully ignite, but are always simmering under the surface..." I thought. "It makes everything inside of you hyper aware to feelings that you never knew existed." I made a point of not glancing over at him as I spoke. "It's... exhilarating."

Tatiana was silent as she nodded slowly, and an approving smile graced her face.

"Perfect." She said simply, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Now put that into the dance." She ordered.

***

Through out the rest of the lesson Tatiana worked with me more on being sexy and self-assured on the dance floor, and I had to try to ignore the fact that Michael was in the same room. It should've been easy considering the fact that he was quiet, and disappeared surprisingly well into the background when he wanted to, but it was easier said than done.

I was basically working on these things from the ground up, and it was embarrassing to have him watching it all go down, to say the very least.

But, I persevered, and by the time lunch rolled around I had to admit that Tatiana's tactics worked. I had a feeling that I wasn't her first student that she had to teach how to let it all go, and the thought soothed me.

I'd gotten the hang of my part in the dance a lot better, and she seemed happy when everything was said and done.

We took our usual 15 minute break for lunch, and I ran over the staff snack stand to grab something to hold me down until dinner time — I didn't even know if Michael and Tatiana ate because I'd never seen it before. They were like robots specifically designed to dance and sleep... possibly. I'd never seen that either.

Grabbing an apple, I munch on it as I made my way back to the studio. I had some time to kill before I made it back up the hill so I made sure no one was around as I got lost in my own thoughts; stopping on the small white bridge as I hummed De Todo Un Poco and practiced the steps.

It was so frustrating when I couldn't do it correctly, even though I kept most of that to myself during my dance lessons. I knew the steps, I'd practiced them a hundred times by now, so when I couldn't get them down it made me angry at myself. The only thing that I could compare it to was like trying to run in a dream but... not being able to.

I hated not being able to do something. Completely loathed it. I was good at alot of things, which was why my parents often bragged about me to their friends, so I tried to prefect everything I set my mind to. Sometimes I felt like the pinnacle of my life was to succeed because that's what they expected out of me... But when it came to all of this sensuality and 'finding your inner spark' I was stumped.

I was good at getting perfect grades. Having a shinning attendance. Graduating at valedictorian. Having a spotless record... But apparently that's where my talents ended.

"Wooo..." I whooshed out out a deep breath, putting my hands up and counting in my head as I restarted.

I messed up again, and I groaned loudly, jumping up and down in frustration as I tried again.

And again.

And... again.

My partially eaten apple was stuck in my mouth as I stubbornly kept trying, unwilling to let this dance win.

I was persistent if nothing else.

"You're thinking too hard about it."

I jumped, dropping the apple out of my mouth at the sound of Michael's voice as it fell into my hand.

Placing my other hand over my wildly beating heart, I watched as he leisurely made his way down the stone steps from the railing he'd been leaning against.

I had no idea how long he'd been there, or what exactly he'd seen, and I felt my face heat with embarrassment as he made his way down towards me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I came to find you. It's been thirty minutes."

My eyes widened, "It has?"

In an instant I bolted towards the stairs, but he caught me by the waist when I went past him.

"It's fine," He assured me, smiling wryly, "You're practicing, so you get a pass."

"Oh thank God." I sighed.

"We don't have military rules around here." He teased, "You're not going to be put in Leavenworth by me or Tat if you're late for class."

"I know," I muttered.

"Besides, you're practicing the routine." He shrugged, adding, "Why are you so hard on yourself?" He looked angry at the fact.

"Because I know the moves." I pressed my lips together stubbornly. "But sometimes my feet just won't cooperate and it's so frustrating when I can't physically do them."

"Oh yeah," He nodded, "I know how that is. But you can't beat yourself up over it either. You've come a long way in a less than a week, and if anything you should be thrilled with the progress you've made."

"I never am." I said without thinking.

Everyone saw me as a straight A student golden child who did everything with flying colors, but nothing was ever good enough for me. They expected it out of me which only made me push harder.

"What was that?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing." I waved my hand, "I'm done out here anyways. Let's go back inside. I'm sure Tatiana is wondering where we are."

"Now hold on a second," He chuckled softly, pulled me back again, "You've come a long way from the girl I brought on the dance floor that first night in the clubhouse. She'd be proud of what you've accomplished so far."

I felt my face instantly heat at the mention of that night. It seemed like such a long time now, even though it was really no time at all.

Michael had never brought it up again, and apart of me assumed he'd forgotten all about it; he did a lot of lessons at Kellerman's and I didn't count on it sticking out in his mind.

"Thanks, Michael." I murmured, trying not to let my thoughts stray too far into that night.

Even though I'd spent a lot of time with him since then practicing a flirty mambo, nothing would compare to that.

He stared down at me, pursing his lips as he played with an idea in his head. I knew by his expression that he was aware that he hadn't fully gotten through to me, but he was adamant to do so.

"Do you know why I haven't fought this harder than I should have?" He quirked an eyebrow. "This temporary pairing with a newbie who literally has my career at Kellerman's in the palm of her hand? Even though she's never danced a day in her life?" He added wryly.

"Why...?" I watched him intently.

"Because that first time I drug you onto the dance floor, I saw something in you. Despite the fact you looked scared out of your mind, and the last person to ever be able to do this, I saw your potential beneath those horrible chunky sweaters and church girl façade." He grinned, poking fun at me. "Trust me, I've tried to teach a lot of people; some have it, and some don't; I can usually tell within minutes, and you did.

"There's something in you that's begging to escape even if you're too afraid to let it, and I see that as clear as day, even if you refuse to acknowledge it." He narrowed his eyes, "Otherwise I'd be stressed out of my mind right now."

I was silent as I stared up at him, blinking.

Michael saw potential in me, which was more than anyone had ever told me before.

When it came to life, I was rather predictable; and even though I had big dreams of seeing and changing the world, that's what everyone expected out of me. I didn't take risks, and I definitely didn't go further than the status quo. I would've sooner died than chance putting myself out there, and because of that people had always treated me like a child, which I had to admit I was letting them because it was easy to do.

I'd walked a safe straight and narrow line; never testing my boundaries and never going out of my way to be anything other than what people expected out of me... and along the way I'd lost a vital part of myself that I'd never dared explored... Until now.

And he saw that.

Somehow he knew without even knowing me, and recognized a spark that was so desperately begging to be ignited even when I'd ignored it to the point of abandonment.

He was the first person that I felt really did see me as more than the tentative daughter of a Doctor, and he was giving me the chance to let those possibilities flourish without judgement. This was my opportunity to be myself... No matter who that was, and he was giving me the chance on a silver platter.

I didn't want to waste it.

He must've saw the resolution on my face because he gave me a confident smile. "Do you feel better now?"

"Yeah." I said truthfully, smiling a little.

"Good." He stuck his hands in his pockets. "Now let's go before Tatiana sends a search party for us."

***

I stood infront of the mirror as Michael stood directly behind me; my back flat against his front.

We were practicing the very beginning of the dance that we had to do before any dancing actually happened.

It was supposed to be very intimate and serious, but I was having a hard time keeping my laughter at bay.

Maybe it was a defense mechanism for how close we were, I really had no clue, but every time we got to the main part I began laughing uncontrollably. I felt bad about it, but I couldn't help it.

Michael sighed heavily from behind me, putting his arm down as he waited for my round of giggles to subside, before looking at me in the mirrors as if to say 'are you done now?'

I was really testing his patience — I knew that, and I didn't want to do that, but I was ticklish and this wasn't helping.

"Okay, okay..." I let out a heavy breath, bringing a hand over my face like a theater kid. "I'm ready."

"Alright..." He said doubtfully, but otherwise went along with it.

I shook out my shoulders to release my jitters before he brought one of my arms up, making it so my hand was resting in his thick mess of curls behind his head as his fingers skimmed down the length of my arm and over the side of my torso.

The problem was, as soon as his hand brushed past my armpit I couldn't help but lose it at the feeling. I knew it was childish of me, but there wasn't much I could do. It was a light sweep of his slim fingers, but it sent a thrill through me at the contact.

He sighed heavily, giving me a pointed look in the mirror.

"This is supposed to be romantic." He reminded me.

"I know, I know, I know." I said quickly, "I'm trying, Michael — I promise, but I can't help that I'm ticklish. Can't we try something else for the beginning?"

"No." He shook his head. "This is a pivotal part of the dance, so work through it."

I squeezed my eyes shut, nodding as I tried to focus on something else. As long as I could hold it in for one second we'd be alright.

Fake it till you make it, Baby. I told myself over and over again. Focus on something else...

I turned my head, noting our close proximity as Michaels nose brushed my cheek. His breathing was slow and shallow as he angled his face down, bringing my arm up and over his shoulder as his long and delicate fingers trailed their way from my elbow, down my arm, and then down the side of my rib cage in an achingly slow and intimate sweep of his hand.

I swallowed, focusing on his face as a new sensation over took me, and it had nothing to do with laughter.

Tatiana would've been proud, because right now there was no need to fake my attraction towards him on the door floor. It was there in full bloom, which I was hoping I could pass off for really good acting.

The small victorious smile that twitched on the sides of Michaels lips was minuscule as I made it through the motion; but I caught it, and I felt proud of myself for getting through it without any unadulterated laughter.

Very slowly, he brought his hand over to mine that laid by my side, and turned me in one swift motion as I spun out gracefully.

"Very good." Michael admonished with surprise. "Now if we can do that everytime I'd be happy." He smirked.

"I'll try to." I agreed, shaking my feet without meeting his gaze.

"Let's go again." He said as I took my place infront of him once more, feeling every plain of his warm chest against me — the buttons of his shirt pressed against my back, and I could feel the even rise and fall of his chest.

He smelled amazing. He always did, but being so close made it nearly potent as my head swam.

"Ready?" He asked, not having to raise his voice since he was already so close to my ear.

I nodded wordlessly.

"Whatever you did before, try to do it again." He instructed lightly. "Keep your mind occupied from the feeling."

He brought my arm up in one fluid and gentle motion, breathing evenly against my cheek as his finger tips slid down achingly slow, ending at my waist. The light dragging touch sent a shockwave through my entire body, making me want to shiver at the contact, but I resisted. His fingers lingered at the naked skin of my hip for a moment, before he clasped my waiting hand and spun me out quickly again.

"There we go." He grinned, letting me go. "Whatever you're doing, it's working. Just keep that in your back pocket for the night of the show."

"Alright." I agreed, needing some water to cool me down, and it wasn't just from the dancing.

He went to stop the music on the record player and I walked across to the other side of the room, taking a giant gulp of my water and letting it sit in my cheeks for a moment as I tried to collect my raging thoughts.

Michael said something, breaking the comfortable silence in the room, but I hadn't caught it.

"Hmm?" I asked again, swallowing another mouthful of water as I turned to look at him.

"I said you seem distracted today." He repeated with an amused smile.

"Oh," I set my water bottle down, and pulled my hair into a ponytail. "I'm just thinking about the performance. It's getting closer."

"You're going to do great." He said, taking a seat on the floor so his back was against the mirror.

"I hope so." I hummed, still lost in my thoughts.

But it wasn't the dance that I was scared about anymore — at least not fully. I was nearly 100% confident that we'd be able to get through it without any big problems. It wouldn't be as incredible than if it were Tatiana and him, but I knew we'd have this in the bag as long as I did everything he'd taught me so far.

The thing that distracted me was what would happen after the dance.

I'd become accustomed to meeting Michael on the staff headquarters and wasting a day away listening to him talk and spending time learning the routine. After Thursday, I didn't know what I'd do with all my free time, and the thought of seeing him through out the resort but not getting to sneak away to practice with him made me kind of sad...

It was a fleeting thought that felt heavy on my shoulders.

We'd each go back to our individual lives as guest and employee, and we'd probably have to pretend like none of this happened.

I caught the tail end of what Michael was saying as I was once again brought out of my thoughts.

"What was that?" I asked apologetically.

He chuckled, shaking his head as he played with his hands that rested on his bent knees.

"I said," He drawled, smirking at me. "Are you doing anything for the talent show?"

I shook my head quickly, "No."

His eyebrows raised. "Really? Nothing?"

"Not in this lifetime." I laughed a little, walking over and taking a seat infront of him, crossing my legs.

"You're not going to use your new found dance skills to wow Kellerman's on the last day?" He teased lightly.

"Oh no." I admonished, shaking my head. "This is a one time thing and then I'll probably never need my training again."

Michael frowned, looking a little disappointed in that. "You know, I wasn't lying when I said you have real potential. You've already learned alot in the past week; I'd be interested to see what you'd be able to accomplish with real training someday down the road."

The sentiment was touching, but I honestly couldn't see myself taking this further than Thursday. And the thought of dancing with anyone else besides Michael didn't sit right with me.

"I appreciate that." I said honestly, "And the fact that it's coming from a dancer like you means more to me than you'll ever know, but I couldn't see myself joining dance as a profession..." I sighed, resting my cheek against my partially bent knees. "I think it's amazing that people do, but... Maybe not for me."

"What do you want to do?" He questioned lightly.

"I'm going to Mount Holyoke to study the economics of underdeveloped countries and then I'm joining the Peace Corp." I recited like I'd done a hundred times.

By now the sentiment behind the words were wrung dry.

Michael's eyes widened with impressed interest. "That's amazing! You want to help the world?"

I smiled softly, shifting to rest my chin on my knees as I looked directly across from me. "That's the dream."

"Lord knows it needs it..." He agreed, trailing off before looking at me again. "I think that's wonderful. Truly wonderful. You're going to make a real difference in the world and I can say I knew you when." He grinned.

I laughed softly, "Thank you." I said with genuine appreciation. "What about you?"

I'd never been brave enough to ask him about his life outside of the resort.

"Me?" He hummed, deep in thought. "I'm going back to South Philadelphia to work some odd jobs I have lined up before coming back here next year."

"Oh," I said with interest, "Do you like what you do back home?"

He made a face that signified whatever it was, he hated it. I felt bad about asking when it was obvious he tried to leave those things outside of the the resort.

"You don't have to answer that." I said quickly.

"No it's fine." He sighed, picking at an invisible spot on his pants. "They're just odd jobs for my dad... Nothing exciting or anything that I love. My passion is in dancing, and everything else is just an annoying obligation to make extra cash on the side."

The thought stopped me in my tracks; I couldn't imagine him doing anything else but this.

"But you..." He shifted the attention off of himself. "You have the opportunity to really change the world, Baby. And I think that's magnificent."

"Thankyou, Michael." I said honestly, inwardly beaming at his praise.

There was a silence between us for a short beat.

"So..." I began, "Are you doing anything for the talent show?"

"They have me and Tat do the same predictable ensemble every year..." Michael drawled warily. "The mambo. Nothing new, nothing fresh, just the same old same old." He waved his hand. "It's boring."

"Why not do something different this year?"

He laughed once, "As if Quincy would let that slide. The guy has ideas that are as old and stale as he is. He won't listen to us." He said tiredly, and I knew he'd tried before.

"I could talk to Nelson." I suggested without thinking.

"Your little manager boyfriend?" Michael raised an eyebrow. "No way."

"He's not my boyfriend." I said dryly, wondering what Nelson had been telling people.

The thought was annoying.

"That's not what I looked like the other night." Michael added, as if he knew something I didn't. "When you two were walking down by the lake." He added mischievously.

When he'd asked me if we wanted to take it further... I grimaced before looking over at Michael with surprise.

"How did you know about that?" I asked quickly; my annoyance for Nelson obvious in my voice.

"I was taking a walk myself. I do it alot." He shrugged, "And I happened to see the two of you."

"Oh..." I frowned, hating the fact that Michael thought I was involved with Quincy Jr. "I'm not dating Nelson." I said pointedly, needing him to know that.

For some reason the thought made me feel like I was somehow betraying Michael and Tatiana by being affiliated with the other side of the Kellerman staff. Like I was a double agent or something, planted here just to relay my findings to the upper hierarchy they had in the Kellerman's staff.

"It's none of my business." He back tracked, raising him hands. "And I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry if it made you angry." His lips twitched at the sides, as if he was happy that I'd had that reaction at the mention of dating Nelson.

"It didn't." I lied, and he knew it. "But my offer still stands; I can ask him... if you want. Maybe he'll listen to me."

"Absolutely not." Michael stated firmly. "You've done enough favors for us. I don't need you doing this too."

"But maybe he'll —."

"No." Michael said point blank, watching me warily. "It's not the end of the world if we do the same boring dance routine that's been outdated since the 40's. We'll grin and bare it like every other year, and get our paycheck at the end of the summer."

I frowned. I knew it meant more to him than just a job, and the fact that he so desperately wanted to give the resort guests a new and refreshing dance, but Nelson and Quincy wouldn't let him, made me sad. The world deserved to see what Michael could offer.

But he didn't want my help, so I had to respect that. I didn't want to cause problems for him by mentioning it to Nelson either.

"Well, whatever you guys do," I began on a brighter note. "I'm sure it'll be far from drab and boring." I assured him with an encouraging smile. "It's going to be incredible no matter what it is."

My compliment did the trick as a thankful smile graced Michaels face. It was small, but it was there, and that's all that mattered.

"Alright." He said with a resigned sign, standing up as he reached down to help me stand as well.

I stood with a elegant flourish; my skirt swaying around my legs as I faced him.

"Ready to go again?" He asked me, sounding tired but willing.

I nodded enthusiastically, putting one hand in his and the other on his shoulder, keeping a solid frame of space between the two of us.

Chapter songs:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 399 45
"....She was short with full hips and small waist with smooth Carmel skin and perfect c-cup breast. Who was I kidding this girl was head turner...." ...
18K 465 53
It's 1988. Lauren Porter is a 24 year-old living in New York. She feels like the unluckiest person in the World because she missed the opportunity to...
92.5K 3.3K 69
Bad era. -1987 🔥 We were Both students at the University I was an Model and he was an Average guy who also got bullied for being lonely all the tim...
50.1K 1.7K 41
Michael, a world renowned ambassador of pop music and a crossover of pop, r&b, and soul. Some call him a connoisseur, a "magician with luminesce...