Hockey Towns Favorite Girl

flyergirl0519 द्वारा

Hazel was what they called the best. An image for woman's hockey, the girl that was going to be good. Till sh... अधिक

A/N
1| Take it From the Top
2| Let's Get You Some Help
3| No One Knows you
4| The New Girl
5| Routine
6| Welcome to Rice Creek City
7| Making A Friend
8| Help Wanted
9| Game Plan
10| Lunch Table Talks
11| A Reminder of Who We Are
12| When You Don't Smile
13 | Team Work
14 |Game Time
15| The Arcade
16| Rules to Win a Fight
17| Who I Am
19| Game Time?
20|Open Skate
21| At My House
22| What have I done
23| Best of the Best
24| Drink orders
25| Count down
26| Game 1
26| Who Are You?
27| Who Are You? cont.
28| Hi I'm Conner
29| You Didn't Know?
30| Together
31| Ladies and Gentleman, Hazel Underwood
32 | Life
33| In a Boys Mind
34| She.
35| I know Something No One Else Does
36| No One Likes a Tattle Tale
37| Body in Hell
39| Cant or Wont?
40| Numb.
41| Go Ahead and Crush My Dreams, Its Fine
42| I am So Sorry
43| Go Get'm Tiger
44| Deal With It
45| The Big Bang
46| The First Game Back
47| The Night to Remember
48| Where we ended up

38| Ive Been Cheated

12.7K 241 38
flyergirl0519 द्वारा

P.O.V Zach 

At first I wasn't concerned about Hazel, she was after all running a high fever and sleeping off the sickness. 

She didn't text and she didn't call. It wasn't a big deal till the third day and I was getting slightly concerned. Her school work was starting to get heavy in my backpack as well. 

I had promised her I would bring her her school work, so after school I would do that and check up on her. Make sure she is ok. 

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked at Mick. He was currently sitting several seats ahead of me listening intently to the lecture. He never did that.

He was avoiding me, and he was avoiding Hazel. 

He was hiding something and it was very obvious. Maybe that's why I was so concerned for Hazel, because it felt like Mick knew something that I didn't.

But I didn't push Mick because it seemed like the knowledge was eating him up inside, sooner or later he would spill. 

The school rang and I bolted up from my seat, ready to see Hazel for the first time in three days. 

I was the first senior out of the building and out of the school parking lot. 

Driving with purpose till I got to Hazel's house.

I knocked on her door nervously realizing for the first time that me and her mom have only met a few times.

Hazel had almost made a point for us not to meet for long periods of time, so the conversation we were no doubt about to have would be the longest one. 

Hazels mom opened the front door with a soft smile, one that closely matched Hazels. 

“Zach, hi.” She said with some surprise behind her voice.

“Hi Mrs. Underwood, I have some school work for Hazel.” I explained by showing her my school bag with a crooked smile. This was slightly awkward.

“Oh yes, thank you. Come on in.” She said opening the door fully for me to step in.

I stepped into Hazel's house for what I realized was the first time and realized it was quite bare. 

Moving boxes still sat in the corner and only certain things had been unpacked, almost like they were planning to be packed back up.

Hazel's mom walked through the open floor plan to the kitchen and pulled some saltines out of the cupboard.

“Hazels mostly just been asleep, she is doing a little better. I was about to bring her some saltines but since you're here I guess you can bring them up to her.” Hazels mom explained 

I nodded my head.

“We've all been a little concerned for her.” I said with a smile trying to keep the conversation going, I didn't want to come off as rude.

Hazel's mom scuffed and rolled her eyes with a smile, another Hazel trait you could clearly pick out.

“You and half the planet, Conner, has been calling me non stop.” She explained, to which I raised an eyebrow.

“Where is Conner?” I asked, realizing I would expect to be seeing him around. He was, after all, a little overprotective of Hazel. 

“Oh he's up in Plainwell with his family. Can't exactly visit a friend in the middle of the week if you have school.”

Conner's family?

“I thought Conner was her brother?” I asked now to curious to mind sounding noisy. 

But Mrs. Underwood just smiled.

“Oh no, Hazels an only child, always has been.” She paused for a moment getting a glass of water before saying. “But you know the bond between defense and goalies. I guess Conners and Hazel's bond is just so strong. They've been calling each other brother and sister since they started playing together. Sometimes I forget he's not even my kid.” 

She said the last part with a smirk as she handed me the glass of water and Saltines.

But I was too stunned ‘since they started playing together?’ What the hell did that mean?

I forced out a smile and thanked her to which she hummed in reply.

“Hazel's room is the only one upstairs, she's probably asleep but you can go up and check.”

I walked upstairs, my head still spinning with questions.

Conners not really her brother?

Bond of defense and goalie?

Playing together?

What the hell was going on?

I opened Hazel's door to her room and saw a completely different scene from downstairs. 

Her room was completely unpacked; she had everything organized and neat. And curled up in her bed under the light grey covers Hazel was fast asleep.

I placed the water and saltines on her night stand. Placing her homework on the floor, I forgot about the impending questions in my head and instead felt Hazel for a fever.

She was back to normal, thank God. 

But after knowing that she was alright the questions reentered my head. 

I wanted to wake up and ask her, but I knew better, she looked so peaceful sound asleep.

Instead I opened my phone, clicking on google I hesitated. 

I was going to type in Conners name, but I realized I didn't know it. Nor did I know the name of the team he played for. 

So instead, thinking that it was a long shot, I just typed in Hazel's name. 

Knowing that if she really was a player at least her name on a hockey roster would pull up. 

But as I clicked search on her name, it was a completely different story. 

It was not just her roster, it was article, after article, after article. ESPN interviews, youtube reacts, impending USA olympics scouting. World Championships.

It was what every hockey kid dreams about being.

A star. 

The best of the best.

I stood there slightly in shock as one of the youtube videos audio played.

‘ “This is the girl folks, the one everyones talking about isn't that right Rob?” “That is correct, Hazel quickly took the hockey world by storm starting at just the age of 13 now she's practically number one on the scout team for women's olympics” Hazel skated out onto the ice taking her position at D looking back at Conner before looking at the face off, “Yeah the cool thing about this team Rob, is the connection between the players though Hazel and Conner have been playing together for a long time, Killian the captain has in the last few years taken his position in their little circle.” “Yes, if you read hockey town daily, you know that they are calling them the three musketeers of youth Hockey.” the puck was dropped and the play took off in a record speed, playing almost like an NHL team. ‘

I scrolled past the video, my head starting to become hot with anger.

What the hell? Seemed to be the only thought running through my brain at the moment.

I landed on another video that was labeled “Hazel Underwood Deadly Hit.”

I clicked on it, wondering how rough of a player she was.

Fuck it was still shocking to call her a player.

Except I saw the exact opposite of rough, I watched as Hazel was given a gut wrenching hit to the back that left her motionless on the ice. Conner skated to her fast calling out her name. In the video you could hear everyone whispering in shock.

The scare on the back of her neck.

Oh my God.

OH MY GOD

And suddenly I remembered why Hazel's name seemed so familiar the first time we met.

I read about the hit in a Hockey town Article.

My breath became shaky as I turned off my phone looking up at the ceiling.

This whole time.

This whole goddamn time.

She lied.

She could skate.

She knew everything about hockey.

Conner wasn't her brother. 

Conner was never hurt and in the hospital, it was Hazel.

This whole time.

I was pissed.

I was angry. 

I wanted to think about the Hazel that I knew, but I was finding it hard to make out any part of her that was true any more.

I had the right mind to wake her up. 

Confront her right here. 

Tell her about how pissed I was.

Tell her that we are-

But I stopped short as I looked at her sleeping peacefully, and I couldn't. 

Instead my mind traveled to Mick.

God, Mick knew didn't he? That's why he and Hazel had been acting so strange.

Hed know for over a week and didnt fucking tell me.

I walked out of Hazels room, furious but managing to fake a smile to Mrs. Underwood as I left.

But as soon as I got in the car and as soon as Mick picked up the phone I went off, unable to hold the anger inside me any more.

“You mother fucker youve known for over a week havent you!” I screamed into the phone catching Mick off guard he studderned not answering.

“You fucker! Shes been fucking lying to me this whole time and you just werent going to tell me, thats a bitch move Mick not as bitchy as what Hazels done but still!”

“Zach calm down.” He tried to reason but it wouldn't work, he knew that.

“She has been lying to me this whole time and like a dumb ass I believed it.” I screamed not realizing some tears were coming up in my eyes.

“Zach…”

“How could she Mick!? How could she!?” I choked out. 

I loved Hazel. Like a lot. 

There wasn't a moment I didn't want to be around her. Or a time she didn't make my heart melt and my face smile.

But right now I felt cheated. Cheated and in disbelief.

How could she not tell me about such a big part of her life. How could she look me in the eyes for this many months and just blatantly lie?

How could she not feel guilty about what she was doing? Lying to the team, to me!

“Zach dude-” But I didn't listen to what he had to say. I hung up the phone. 

No one could say anything to me right now that would make me feel better. 

My heart felt sour and my mind was angry. 

I couldn't think past the wall of red in my vision.

I took a few deep inhales but I couldn't see past the lie, no matter how hard I tried.

What else had she just lied to my face about?

If she could do it so easily now, who's to say she wouldn't do it later.

I felt cheated, that was the only way to sum up the anger running through my veins.

Words: 1789

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

11.9K 428 43
"Believe it or not once upon a time you couldn't stand me." "I wouldn't say that. You were just to confident for your own good." "You were just playi...
389K 6.1K 54
one rookie. one girl. one goal &&& A particularly rough play sends upcoming hockey star Tyler Dewalt crashing through the glass. Disorientated, the f...
114K 3.3K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...
74.9K 1K 62
In which she gets bullied out of her hockey team and journeys with the gang. Sage McKenna (hockey star) is flawed. Her family is half way across the...