Sallows Salvation

By SithEmpressLoren

*Hogwarts Legacy Spoilers* *also in this version they're aged up not 15* A new student is joining Hogwarts... More

A foggy London morning.
Dragons Breath.
Sebastian Sallow.
All Paths Lead To Hogsmead.
Restricted Sections & Poltergeists
My favourite Slytherin girl.
A Girls Day Out.
The Common Room Party.
Codeword: Honeydukes
The Room Of Requirement.
Amortentia
The Undercroft.
Feldcroft
I'm sorry! (not a chapter)
Tell Me You're Mine.
Soldier, Poet, King
Nightmares.

Portkeys & Vaults.

373 4 1
By SithEmpressLoren

My hands are sweating as I struggle to hold onto the broken carriage,holding the edge of what used to be the window so hard glass and wooden splinters pierce my skin. I can feel my racing heart beat through my entire body, my ears still ringing from the dragon screech, my eyes glued to the beast before us.

Oh god, what aboutGeorge?! My eyes are scanning the wreckage of the carriage sitting inthe mouth of the dragon and before I can make anything outthe dragon snaps his jaws, crushing whatever was left of thecarriage and I fear.. George. My heart is beating so fast I feelsick, reluctantly I look over to the driver of the carriage god knowshow he's still keeping us ahead of the dragon.

The second I lookin his direction I notice something forming in front ofhim; Thestrals... I can see them.
It would of beenfoolish of me to have any hope George survived the attack,for all that matters we're next, I can't believe this is it, abloody dragon attack of all things.

Isnap my eyes forward as I hear a loud rumble, the dragons eyespiercing my own, bright red and angry. His black scales shining inthe sunlight, his horns long and pointed and something around hisneck...metal? whatever it is it seems to be glowing red andblack.
The dragon is slowly opening his mouth, a red and orangeglow forming up his throat, I wince at the idea we are about to burnalive, I look at Fig unable to speak, he locks eyes with me "Jump!"He screams.

Without a second of thought I leap with Figout of the carriage just as I feel the heat from the firescorching where I was just sat, great now we're plummetingto our deaths instead. I feel helpless, spinning around as my bodypicks up speed hurtling towards the ground from who knowshow high.

That's when we both see it! The key!

I think Figshouted something but I can't hear a thing with the windblowing past my ears and the dragons roars getting closerbut he's reaching out his hand towards me.
I start to reachmy hand towards his, glimpsing up to the Dragon that's become soclose I can see my reflection in his eyes as he opens his mouth onceagain. I squeeze my eyes shut, bracing for my fate as I feel Figshand on mine.

Nauseais the first thing I feel followed by pain, so much pain.It's quiet or at least a lot more quiet than it should be for adragon eating me. I open my eyes slowly to be greeted withthe walls of a cave, its damp and smells like salt water inhere. Rocks, moss and old pots scattered around and lightcoming from the entrance illuminates Fig looking down at meconcerned.

"Areyou alright? You're hurt!" Fig says and he's right.

I let out asmall groan and hold my right leg between the dragon attack, thespeed we fell and the sudden impact of floor I have no idea whatinjured me.

"perhaps a bit" I reply with a grimace.

Figreaches into his jacket and pulls out a small vial filled with aglowing green liquid "Take this. It's Wiggenweldpotion. That stuff'll right you in a second" he gaveme a reassuring smile.

I take the vial from him and drink it quickly,it tastes sweet but bitter somehow, it tingles as it runs down mythroat and I feel a strange sensation run through my body and thensuddenly the pain is gone.

Figis pacing "poor George... I can't believe he-" hedidn't finish the last part of that sentence, sadness filling hiseyes.

I didn't know George but even I felt sad about hispassing, not a pleasant way to go. Figs sadness suddenly changedto anger and his brows furrowed in confusion "what thehell got into that damned thing?! Attacking a carriage mid-air? Atypical dragon would never-" he let out a breath offrustration.

I look around the cave more "Sir.. whereare we?" Guess it would be too much to hope this is somewhere inHogwarts.

"I'm not sure.. but that key you discovered wasclearly a portkey" he replies.

Sure dragons and portkeys whynot, that would explain the nausea I've never travelled via portkeybefore but apparently its a common symptom for first-timers.

Istand myself up and give my ankle a small roll around to make sureall is in order, feels fine and I look at Figwho still seems lost in thought.

"I'm feeling betterSir - if you'd like to look around a bit" I can'treally think of anything else we can do right now so itmakes sense to investigate.

Fig gives me a small smile"I would, but stay close. We've no idea who made thatportkey or why...".

Wehead out of the cave appearing rather high up on a costal mountainfrom the looks of it, the sea crashing below us and seaguls flyingaround the rocks below.

"how far did that portkey take us?"I ask with an eyebrow raised.

Fig looks around his surroundings"Farther from London than the carriage travelled; we'resomewhere in the Scotish Highlands" I don't know what's moreimpressive Fig knowing where we are from some rock and the sea or theview.

Speaking of views: out in the sea is a tall island with ruinsat the top "Sir- those ruins do you think-" I point towardsthe island before I can finish my sentence Fig finishes it for me.

"that the portkey was meant to lead us there? Yes I do" helooked lost in thought again but then hopeful.

He looks at me"this has not been the day either of us expected; but Miriamsent that portkey to George for a reason and I believe that she-"he paused for a second a sombre look on his face "-and nowGeorge died in pursuit of whatever it was meant to lead to... ifyou're sure you're alright and wouldn't mind indulging me, I'd liketo have a look around".

I barely gave him a chance to finishbefore blurting out "absolutely Sir" what can I say? I lovean excuse for adventure!.

Fora place so secretly hidden with a portkey the path to reach the ruinswas pretty easy, a small barricade of ice that basic spells easilybroke down and a broken bridge Fig used repairo to fix and now we'restood in the ruins of what appears to be a scholar of some kindmaybe? We agreed to have a look around to see what could possibly beso important about some old rubble of someone's house. I notice asmall pathway leading round the back and follow it just like the restof the ruin it's just rubble and old pots.

Wait, there's that symbolagain... I walk up to the wall that has the same symbol as thecontainer holding the portkey had, it's slightly biggerand glowing and on the other side of the wall I cansee a room. The room doesn't seem to belong to the ruins, it's whiteand golden marble floors and pillars, I think I can make out a deskand some sort of gate? I call for Fig to come investigate.

Helooks at the wall "How odd, why would someone ofconjured that enchanted stone here?" the question seeming rhetoricalso I decide not to answer and to ask my own question.

"and how comes there is a room behind it?" I furrow mybrow trying to make the room our more but its slightlydistorted.

Fig tilts his head "what room? I don't seeanything?".

There's that glow again, the same glow that I sawon the container before... hmm I wonder. I reach my handout and touch the wall and it suddenly changes,the room I could see has disappeared and is now just acobblestone wall.

Aswe turn around both our eyes widen in surprise,the room I could see we are now standing in "where arewe?" I ask admiring the change of scenery from broken carriagesand damp caves.The floor is beautifully patterned made of marbleand the roof and walls seem to be ... stone?.

Figseems astounded "Godricks heart.. I don'tbelieve it" Fig doesn't elaborate as our attentionfalls on the sound of snoring.

We look over at the desk across theroom where a Goblin seems to be asleep, we approach the desk "hello?"I ask before Fig stands slightly infront of me in aprotective way "hello?.." I ask once morethis time louder startling the goblin awake.

Hesits up blinking a few times before fully understandingthere are two people infront of him. He has dark eyes. Longnails, sharp teeth, soft grey hair and long pointed earsand he is wearing a nice suit, perhaps some sort ofuniform?.

His eyes widen "it can't be!"Neither of us speak, unsure of what is happening "justone moment" the goblin announced before climbing downfrom his desk and joining us infront of it. He gave asmall bow "Welcome to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, vaultnumber 12 I presume?" He seems very excited for somereason, Fig and I share a quick look that only lasted a few mereseconds but spoke a thousand words... of course vault 12..that's why we're here.

Fig stands proud "precisely" the Goblinseyes narrowed and my heart sank worried we'dmessed up some sort of password "the key?"He asks extending his hand, Fig seems confused for a momentbefore handing over the portkey.

The goblin takes the key "thisway then" and heads towards the tracks for the machines they useto travel around the bank, I've heard of them before it's strangeseeing it in person. Fig looks at me "stay close" hehas caution written across his face and I give him a smallnod of acknowledgement before sitting on our ride.

Thegoblin was explaining that there are hundreds of vaults so thejourney may take a while when suddenly I'm soaked with freezing coldwater and let out a shocked gasp. Fig gives me an amused look "thatwaterfall washes away all enchantments, it's a security measure" Iwould complain but it seems I've already dried offso instead I roll my eyes. The journey was long indeedgoing deeper and deeper into the vaults, I felt relief when westarted to come to a stop.

An angrier looking goblin in whatappears to be a security uniform held his hand up to stop us "vaultnumber?" The security goblin asked seeming veryunhappy with his station. Our guide had a big smile on his face"vault twelve! Momentous day!" I look at the securitygoblin waiting for a reaction when his armband grabs my attention,it seems to ever so slightly be glowing just like the metalaround the dragons neck from earlier. The security goblin grumbled"on your way" allowing us to leave before headingoff in a different direction, seemingly in a hurry.

Ilean across to Fig as we take off again towards vault 12"Professor...that armband that guard was wearing was glowing"I tell him with a hushed whisper.

"like the glow you saw on theportkey container?" he asks also whispering so the guide doesn'toverhear.

I sigh with concern "no darker...I saw thesame glow on the dragons collar" before Figcan respond he is interrupted by the guide "what wasthat? the guide asks rather loudly.

Fig narrowly avoids the truth ofour discussion "we were just wondering about thatgoblin back there?" the guide doesn't seem to suspectanything.

"oh he watches over the oldest section of the bank,rare anyone goes there anymore". We come to a slowstop outside of vault 12 heading towards the vault door"when was the last time this vault was accessed?"asked Fig.

the guide had an excited sense to him as he started toexplain "a goblin has been stationed at my desk ford hundreds ofyears, in that time no one has visited vault 12 - until today"he places the key into the lock and turns it. The door to the vaultstarts to change and unlock, the large metal mechanisms of the doorechoing loudly through the stone walls deep down here making mescrunch my face, slightly uncomfortable. The goblin gives us aproud grin "vault 12" he presents as we thank himand head inside.

"what do you suppose we should belooking for?" I asked Fig looking around the room, for all thistrouble it seemed rather small and empty.

Fig shrugs his shoulders"I'm not sure" he turns to the goblin about to ask for someassistance but before he could the goblin was already speaking.

"theinstructions for vault 12 indicate that I am to grant access to theholder of the key - and then close the door" before we canprotest the door is slammed shut, locking itself once again. Great.

Welook around the room, its small and dimly lit with a fewcandles, pots and old trinkets laying around but seeminglynothing of importance. Fig suggests casting revelio to see if I cansee anything "Revelio" I cast and notice a shimmer of adoor with the same glow as the container, we investigate closer andwhen I touched the door we are suddenly transported to a very largeand very dark room filled with pillars.

We both cast Lumos and Ihave a sinking feeling in my stomach "this is noordinary vault, i suspect we will have to earn our way outof here" Fig notes.

Earn? I don't like the sound ofthis. Fig cautions me to stay close and we start headingthrough pillars into more darkness, to what end? I'm soclose to Fig I can smell him and hear his slightly raised breathing,despite him acting calm I can imagine he's verystressed right now. At least he doesn't stink, he has a fadedsmell of gingerbread and old books astrange combination but it's a small comfort in this bigdark hall.

Suddenly I can see something ahead, a very bright glow onthe floor, swirling up "Professor, I can see something ahead,it's the glow from before" I lead us over to it and swish mywand to see what it reveals.

The room feels like it shifted,the floor appears to be see through and I can see some sort of statuebelow, a weird yellow glow above it, I think for a moment beforecasting Revelio and suddenly another statue appears this time infront of me and Fig.

Fig looks astonished "Merlin.. how didyou do that?" I shrug and explain the statue I can see below thefloor, it took us a few moments but we realized we have to use Lumosto get the statue below to match the statue above, as the statuesaligned the room suddenly filled with light from blue fire lanternsthat were on each pillar, surrounding us in a circle.

A strange fogstarted to swish around the room and our eyes were immediately drawnto a giant stone statue that had jumped from above landing a few feetaway, then another, then another until 5 of them surrounded us, 6including the statue already present. They looked like stone guardsof some sort with a faint blue glow covering them, wieldinghuge swords, they slowly stood up and looked at us... thiscan't be good.

Suddenly the statue in front of me fromthe puzzle, quickly raised their sword preparing toswing for me, I draw my wand "Protego!" Iflick my wand casting a purple bubble shield over me,blocking the attack. Before I knew it we were in a fullbattle, each stone giant attacking as quickly as the next,beside me I hear Fig casting spells of his own "Accio!Descendo! Levioso!" an interesting tactic using gravity spellsbut effective.

Right in this moment I wish I knew more attack spellsbut for now basic attacks seem to be doing the job, moving around theroom, each flick of my wand shooting red sparks that crash into thegiants, occasionally casting protego to avoid being crushed withstone swords but I'm rather impressed at how well I seem to holdingmy own against foe's I've never encountered before. As the last ofthe giants crumbled to the floor, Fig tells me to stayclose before suddenly vanishing, how ironic.

Theroom falls into darkness again "lumos" I look around me butcan't see Fig anywhere however I can see the strange glow underneathmy feet, as I take a step forward small orbs of light starttravelling to my right, as if trying to guide me. With nobetter ideas I might as well follow them, I start to headin the directions of the orbs, each step I take illuminating my pathand showing me the way .

"Professor?!" I call out andthen wishing I didn't; who knows what is lurking in the darkness,lets not draw more attention to ourselves than neededI shake my head scolding myself.

The orbs lead me to a big glowon the floor with swishes of light coming from it, the same as beforeI wave my wand and the floor changes into a grey transparent colourand underneath more of those statues this time three instead of one"revelio" I say barely a whisper. Three statues appear onmy side of the floor, I assume its the same puzzleas before which means I'm up for another fight.

I let out afrustrated sigh and after a few attemptsfinally align all the statues up with their mirrored imagebelow the floor. Just as before the room is lit up with flamesattached to pillars that surround me in a circle, the room is filledwith the fog from before and each of the statues begin to glow andcome to life, lets do this.

One rushes me"protego!" I barely shout in time, sliding backwards fromthe mere impact of his sword on my shield that barely made it up intime, I swish my wand around casting as many attacks their way as Ican, two down, one to go. I go on the deference for a moment tryingto catch some energy back, I send a bolt of red lightning hurtlingtoward the last one and smile with confidence when he crumbles to thefloor.

A loud thud booms behind me, surely there aren'tmore? I turn and see 5 more statues have landed in a perfect line.The fight begins again, stone and magic being thrown around thepillared circle, two charge me at once "Protego! Stupify!"I cast a purple barrier around me before swiftly stunning the one tomy left, I take advantage of the one on my right stumbling from theimpact against the barrier and throw every attack his way, hecrumbles to the floor as the last one stands again, I'm exhausted, Ican feel sweat on my brow and my breath is heavy but I can't give upnow. I give my all into every spell I cast, my body moving forwardwith anger after every spell hit, it felt like hoursbut I know it was minuets before his body crumbled like therest.

Icast lumos as the room turns to darkness once more, I notice the orbsof light once again but this time my feet pick up speed and I amfully sprinting in the directions they lead; I want to get out ofthis forsaken place. Then I see it a giant sculpture in the shape ofthe symbol I saw on the container, a massive glow surrounding it as Iswish my wand the sculpture changes into an archway and on the otherside a room.

The room looks exquisite with pillars, marble flooringand some sort of table in the center of the room,normally I'm not one for walking through mysterious archwaysbut anything beats darkness and stone guards. Icautiously walk through the archway and approach the table but as Iget closer I realize it's not a table: its a pensieve and above it asmall vial, perhaps a memory?.

I reach out and take the vial, I heara door opening and turn to see Fig standing on the other side whichlooks like vault 12, relief fills my body. Fig looks around the roomvisably confused but once his eyes lock with mineI sense the same relief in him "there you are!"Fig exclaims "How did you-? what is thisplace?" he asks joining me at the peniseve"I have no idea but I found this abovethe pensieve" I reply, he looks shocked tosee I know what a pensieve is. He takes the vial from me"I wonder.." he takes the lid off the vial and poursit into the pensieve; we both stand on opposites sides of thepensieve and place our faces in the water.

~memory~
Itslowly comes into view, a room of gold and dark blue marble beingcreated by an eldery wizard with a long beard, a large hat,purple robes and a concentrated look. Another man comesinto view slightly younger, rounded face, on the slightly largerside with worried brown eyes, a fancy hat that matches his clothesmustard coloured with various patterns.
"All is in place" theyounger one states.
"The portkey is well hidden" repliesthe elder one.
"Perhaps too well, I wonder if the path we'vecreated -" the younger one starts before interrupted.
"-May be impossible to follow? it will only be impossible for onewho cannot see traces of ancient magic - as I can" theelder one replies.
"Your ability to see what other cannotwill not be enough, Percival" the younger one says concerned "weare entrusting the one who embarks on this path with powerful secrets- with knowledge others will do anything to obtain" hesighs.
"Yes, and if we are correct, Charles, the witch orwizard who completes the trials will have proven themselves worthy ofthat knowledge and the responsibility that accompanies it"Percival says with a reassuring look.
They both look around theroom.
"We've done all that we can" Charlesstates with a hesitant tone,
Percival nods before placing his wandagainst his head and pulling the memory away as the memory fades.

Ipull my face from the water with so many questions my head isspinning, "That's what you're seeing? that glow that surroundedthem?" Fig asks me.

"Yes, Sir" I reply and his faceshows concentration.

 "Astonishing" there was a briefsilence, both of our minds racing with what the hell is going on nodoubt "Can I see magic?" I turn to Fig hoping he'swrapping his head around this a lot better than I am.

Henods slightly "Traces of ancient magic to beprecise. The magic that Miriam had always believed existed but couldnever-"Fig goes silent for a moment before a serious emotionshows across his face "Miriam - and perhaps George -died inpursuit of knowledge that has been dormant for centuries. And you itseems are the key to understanding why we wou-" before Figcan finish he stops as we can hear voices coming from theroom vault 12 lies "someones coming" Fig says,tense.

As the footsteps approach the door we hear a huskyangry voice "who were they?" the voice demands "Idon't know" replies the familiar voice of the goblin banker frombefore "but Sir, you shouldn't be in here" the door opensand in walks three goblins ; the banker from earlier, the securityguard with the glowing armband and... Ranrok?!.

He takes a fewsteps inside, the photo on the daily prophet not doing him justice ofhow intimidating he really is; He has a bald head, big bushy eyebrowsshaped as if he is always frowning, red eyes, sharp teeth,a cruelsmile and is wearing some sort of robe-like armor "I knew it"he states looking between me and Fig.

We all take a few steps closerto eachother and Fig has anger in his voice "Ranrok"he sneers, Ranrok smirking slightly.

"It seems myreputation precedes me. I was starting to believe no one was evergoing to visit Rackhams vault" he paces slightlyclearly unbothered or threatened by us.

Fig draws his wand, I dothe same "and why are you here?" Fig questions,Rankrok raises a hand which seems to be blackened by something.

"no need for that,just give me whatever it is you'vefound here and we'll let bygones be bygones.." Fig'sface narrows but before he can speak the bankerspeaks up.

 "Sir, they had the key to the vault.."Ranrok looks less than impressed.

 "chose your nextwords carefully he threatens the banker. The banker takes a slightstep back "I-I only meant that the instructions for vault12 were quite clear..Sir I-I must insist, I was to grantaccess only to the one with the key. And you didn't have-"suddenly Ranroks armor lights up with a red and black glow and helifts the banker up into the air before slamming him into the groundagain, I glance down at the banker and I can't see him breathing butmy eyes quickly fall back on Ranrok.

"I have no patience fortraitors... now where were we?" he says so calmly like he didn'tjust give someone it sends chills down my spine.

"I'm not givingyou anything" spits Fig.

"well..maybe your young friend herewill be more helpful" Ranroks red eyes pierce into mine and Figsprings into action a red stream of magic leaving Figs wand andhurtles towards Ranrok.

He blocks it and somehow throws me and Figbackwards, slamming into a wall a loud sound echo's through the room,the pensieve dissolves and a giant stone guardian appears in it'splace bigger than any of the one's we had just fought.

Theguardian raises his sword before slamming it down into the groundknocking the security guard flying, Ranrok retaliates throwing darkmagic at the guardian, I stumble to my feet and help up Fig as myeyes dart around the room looking for an exit. That's when I see it,just like in the ruins earlier I can see a hidden place behind awall, no idea where but it's our best bet, I don't bother wastingtime explaining and instead rush Fig towards the wall with me.

Amidstthe fight the guardian swings his sword into a pillarwhich is now falling towards us; this better work! I reach myhand out and hold Fig closing my eyes.

Thenoise of the fight is replaced with sounds of nature, the sound ofwater and birds in the distance and there's a cold breezeon my skin. I open my eyes relieved we didn't go throughall of that to be crushed by a bloody pillar! I look around"lumos" we seem to be in some sort of woodlandarea, trees all around, rocks, moss and flowers as far asthe eye can see.

I'm not sure how long all of this has taken sincethe dragon attack but it's dark outside now.

"are youalright?"Fig asks concerned.

"I'm fine, Sir" he nods atme relieved.

"I've never seen so powerful a Goblin; he seemedunaffected by my magic" he got lost in thought and I look aroundagain.

"where are we?" I'm so exhausted I hope this isn't asdangerous as the last place we were just in, Fig looks up "itcan't be" a small smile on his lips.

"it seems those who setup the pensieve, the key and the path to both wanted someone withyour abilities to end up here" he looks around again hopeful"come, we've a sorting ceremony to get to" and he starts tohead into the forest. I guess we're near Hogwarts? I don't ask anyquestions and follow him into the trees.

Thewalk to Hogwarts wasn't long, I'm not sure why the glow of thewall lead us here but I'm glad. Seeing the lightsof the castle at night time was breathtaking but Fig wasmoving quickly so I'll have to save taking in the sighs foranother day. I follow Fig through some corridors until we reach alarge door in a big hallway, outside of the hallway are 4containers of sorts Green, Blue, Yellow and Red all withtheir own unique designs.

Fig presses his ear to the door"oh good we haven't missed the sorting ceremony.."he looks at me drawing his wand "I'm not expertbut I think robes might be more fitting" he waveshis wand changing my old uniform from beauxbaton into someblack robes. He puts his wand away "now I have to study thislocket as soon as possible but first have to contact the ministry-they need to know what happened to George and how much of a threatRanrok really is... in the meantime I'd ask that you keepthe events of today between us".

I give him a small smile"of course,sir" he gives me a genuine smile back.

"great.. are you ready for the sorting ceremony?" Inod but that feeling in my tummy is back, he opens the big doorslightly poking his head round before stepping away an annoyed lookon his face "Phineas Nigellus Black, prepare yourself to meetthe Headmaster" he says rolling his eyes.

Just as Fig finishedhis sentence a tall man walks in, he has a seriouslooking face, slick black hair, a small beard and mustache tomatch it. He's wearing very regal looking robes and has an aura ofarrogance about him.

"Fig, how nice of you to join us" theHeadmaster says sarcastically "the sorting ceremony isOVER" he sneers.

Fig sighs "there were -complications" he tries to defend our late arrival.

"complications?!" The Headmaster bellows, less thanimpressed.

"it appears the goblin proble-" Fig starts upbefore the Headmaster speaks over him.

"Oh enough!Goblins. I've no time for rumours and I'm rapidly losing any patienceI have left" he glares at Fig before his eyes snap to me makingme feel very small in this moment "if you're lucky we mightstill be able to get you sorted this evening" and withoutanother word he turns on his heel and walks back through the door,Fig tells me he'll be in touch and I head for the door.

Ienter the room and the small hum of chatterthat was filling the room is suddenly gone, I can feeleveryone's eyes on me. I can see why it's called the Great Hall itwas beautiful, floating candles hovered above the room and there are4 very long rows of tables, I assume for each house as each tableseem to be wearing a specific colour and at the end of the hall around table filled with what appear to be teachers and a podium.

Ilift my head high and walk with determination to the front, not toofar behind the Headmaster "Professor Weasly, we have one more tobe sorted" he address a woman stood by the podium holding a bigbrown wizard hat, she is graceful with ginger hair, fair skin andreading glasses in a long black dress. She gestures for me to take aseat on the stall placed at the front of the hall and I sitdown now facing all the eyes on me, murmurs starting to fill thehall.

She gently places the hat on my head and then I heara voice above me "Ah yes, I see... a bit older thanthe others aren't you? You come here withpreferences, preconceptions and expectations. You recentlydiscovered you possess a new ability and I detect a senseof ambition, a hunger for power perhaps.. yes.. you belong inSlytherin!" The Sorting Hat declares and the table tothe very right of the hall start to cheer and clap, Iassume that's Slytherin.

The hat is removed from my head, I stand andProfessor Weasley waves her wand changing my robes into the Slytherinuniform, it's a beautiful shade of emerald green and has a snake astheir mascot on the robe. The hall is quickly dismissed, shame I'mstarving after the night I've had and all the food on the tableslooks incredible, snapping me out of my food thoughts before I startdrooling I'm approached by Professor Weasley.

"quite the entrance!Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm deputy Headmistress Professor Weasley, its apleasure to meet you" she gave me a soft smile.

"its lovely tomeet you Professor" I smile back, she seems so sweet. She tellsme to follow her and we head to the Slytherin common roomwhich is rather deep down in the school.

Shecomes to a stop infront of a large wall "it's quite uncommon fora student to begin as a fifth year, it might prove to be a challengebut one I'm sure you're up for" she gave me a confident look.

"Ican be quite resourceful" I give her a confident smirk.

"Iassumed as much, this is the entrance to the Slytherin common room"she gestures to the empty wall and my brows narrow slightly confusedas she continues "in order to gain access one most simply speakthe correct password 'Aspiration' " and gestures for me to giveit a go.

I take a few steps forward "Aspiration" once theword is spoken a giant stone snake slithers across the wall andarches up to reveal a door.

"well done, now go ahead andget some rest you have a big day ahead of youtomorrow, I'll be back in the morning to collectyou for your first day" she smiles at me.

"Thankyou Professor Weasley" I smile and head into thecommon room, there's a staircase leading down I follow and at thebottom was a prefect waiting to show me where my room was,she seemed in a hurry so I didn't get a chanceto admire the common room but honestly I'm too tired toocare.

She comes to a stop at a door and gestures towards itbefore walking off seemingly to her ownroom, I walk inside and there are four beds in thisroom, no one else is here yet but from the look of theother 3 beds they are already taken. As I turnto the bed on the far left my heart isfilled with relief.

"Winton!" I gasp as my Owl looks atme with adoring eyes, so much has happened since the Dragonattack I wasn't sure if he managed to evade injury orworse death, I hurry over to him and pethis soft head, he nudges against my hand and I kiss the topof his head "I'm so glad you're safe"he lets out a small chirp, I notice a noteleft beneath his stand.
It reads : 'YourOwl arrived here hours before you did,he seemed rather frantic about your return so it seemed only right tolet him spend the night withyou tonight, I'm glad you're both safe. Restup. - P.Weasly'.

I smile at the professors kind gestureand also some pyjamas left out for me on thebed, I lost everything in the dragon attack. Today has beenone of the most eventful of my life, I can't waitto sleep. I dress into the plain white nightieand climb under the green silk sheets, before I caneven appreciate the feeling of a bed, I fallasleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 437 36
Sebastian Sallow, one of the most handsome, eligible bachelors at Hogwarts (and certified player, next to his bestie Ominis Gaunt), develops a crush...
47.2K 1.8K 15
A good girl gone bad kind of story. Everyone told her to be careful around him. Even his best friend. But in the end, Sebastian Sallow had been an...
10.4K 534 52
A Hogwarts Legacy story. Focused on the relationship of reader x Sebastian. After all the traumatic events of your fifth year in Hogwarts, you hoped...
188 82 14
The sixth year at Hogwarts is upon us. And Y/N hopes that the new year will be less chaotic, but the Triwizard Tournament is being held again. And th...