Serafina

נכתב על ידי python_176

Serafina Romano's whole life was a lie. After a tragic accident involving her mother and step-father, Sera's... עוד

Authors Note
Characters + Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Hurt
Chapter 2: Brothers
Chapter 3: Introductions
Chapter 5: Rules
Chapter 6: Sneaky
Chapter 7: Lies

Chapter 4: Shopping

138 7 2
נכתב על ידי python_176

After dinner, I brush my teeth before hopping into my bed. So far my brothers seem nice, besides Kayden and Ryker that is. Elijah and Colton seemed fine enough. It's hard for me to fall asleep,  as my ribs and wrist hurt from Trevor's last beating. Even in death he still manages to haunt me. Sighing, I close my eyes and pull the covers up to my chin; my stuffed penguin - Eloise - is snuggling with me.  Whenever Trevor beat me or I din't feel good, I would just give Eloise a squeeze and she would make me feel better. I've had her since birth, and she's probably one of my oldest possessions. I squeeze Eloise now, trying to erase the pain coursing throughout my body - it helps, it always does. It's not long before I'm turned on my side, lightly snoring in deep slumber.

----------------

When I wake up, I forget where I am for a moment. Warm sunlight greets me and I even notice the fresh vase of hydrangeas that sit on my bedside table - a nice touch from my brothers. I gotta say, flowers really are the way to a girls heart. I get ready for the day, quickly showering and prepping before getting dressed and heading downstairs. It takes me a minute, but I manage to navigate my way in our supremely large house and down to the kitchen for breakfast.

"G-good morning." I mumble, walking in shyly.

"Sera! We are so happy you could join us." Elijah beams from the table.

I blush bright red. All of my brothers are present, besides Vince of course, staring right at me as I stand there awkwardly. My stomach grumbles, and I take that as my cue to sit down. I take the empty seat next to Elijah, and look at the feast in front of me. I take a slice of bread and slide on some peanut and honey. Trevor never really fed me much, so food wasn't exactly my strong spot. As it was, he never fed me breakfast, so this is more than I usually eat. 

"We try to have as many family meals as possible." Elijah explains as I quietly nibble on my bread. 

"Yeah but that never works out." Colton says, "Because Vince is always to busy working to come."

"Who's always to busy working?" A voice says, stepping into the kitchen.

Colton shuts up, and Ryker and Kayden stop their banter. Even Elijah's welcoming facade turns more serious. I don't even need to guess who this is. Vincent Romano, my eldest brother. His piercing gaze turns towards my direction, and I hold back a gulp at his intimidating aura. Despite the fact that all my brothers are tall, he is the tallest, standing at least 6'5. He's wearing a crisp navy blue suit complete with a grayish-black trench coat and watch at his wrist that looks like it cost more than myself.

"Serafina." He says, in a deep clear voice. He looks the same as the rest of my brothers, tall and muscular with deep blue eyes - they're a family trait, I guess.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. His eyes feel like they're piercing my soul, and he subtly glances down at his gold wristwatch.

Come on Sera, don't waste his time. He's obviously working, and from the looks of it, is successful. Very, very successful.  My driver told me that Vince was the head of the family business. When I asked for the details all I got was a vague response and an "It's private."

"I-I'm good." I mutter wistfully. The attention of all five pairs off my brothers eyes on me makes me shrink back into my seat.

"I have some work to get done this morning, however come to my office this afternoon to discuss some ground rules."

I nod. 

"Serafina, I'd like it if you gave me a verbal response when you're answering me or any of your brothers." He says, tightening his tie.

I nod again at his comment. Stupid, stupid Sera. "I-I mean yes, sorry."

Vince's eyes meet mine before he looks towards Elijah and says something to him, walking out of the room.

I gulp after he leaves. His uptight manner and professionalism send shivers down my spine. Was I talking to my brother, or my lawyer?

Elijah's voice shakes me from my thoughts. "This afternoon Ryker is going to take you shopping for clothing and school supplies."

"Questa e una stronzata. Non sto sprecando il mio tiempo." Ryker argues, looking at Elijah with dark eyes. I wonder what language he's speaking? I think Italian - after all, mom used to tell me that I was 50%. (Translation: This is bullshit, I'm not wasting my time.")

"Che ne dici di andare a dirlo a Vince" (Translation: How about you go say that to Vince?")

Ryker looks at me for a long time. "Be ready in 10." He finally says, trudging upstairs. I smile, and run to change my outfit. I want to show my brothers that I can look presentable, however, my options are quite limited due to the size of my wardrobe. I settle on my nicest pair of blue jeans and a cute cream colored sweater. I quickly look in my bathroom cabinets in an attempt to find a hair tie, but am greeted by much more. Perfumes, deodorants, lotions, different colored soaps, and plenty other hygienic necessities fill my eyes. I settle on putting my dirty blonde hair in a plait behind my back before applying some deodorant and perfume and running downstairs to meet Ryker. 

We walk through an unfamiliar car garage before stopping in front of a sleek black Lamborghini.

"Get in." Ryker grunts, sliding into the front seat. How can a person just casually get into a Lamborghini? I feel like I'm going to break it, so I tentatively sit in the back seat. I gaze around myself in awe. Woah, this is totally the coolest car I have ever been in 110%.

Ryker adjusts the rear view mirror, looking so comfortable in all his wealth. Maybe I was just a tad bit jealous of the luxurious childhood my brothers got to have. Speaking of terrible childhoods, my ribs were still killing me.

"Buckle up." Ryker says sternly from the front of the car. I quickly put on my buckle, not wanting to delay our departure any longer. 

------------------------

When we get to the mall, its overflowing with all different kinds of people. As Ryker and I walk in, heads turn and fall silent - mostly girls, if you know what I mean. 

"Keep up." He mutters, not bothering to slow down for me. If he notices the stares, he doesn't show it, he just keeps up with his long strides, unbothered as I struggle to keep up behind him. PE was never my best subject in school.

In front of Ryker a group of girls pop out in front of him, dropping their bags and spilling them out right before his feet. It looks quite purposeful from the way I'm looking at it. He makes no move to help them, and instead just keeps walking. Rude.

The girls faces drop when they notice Ryker hasn't spared them a single glance, but their bags are still all over the floor. They look around my age, maybe a bit older. Maybe this was my opportunity to make some new friends before school!

"Don't worry, let me help you with those!" I say eagerly, grabbing  a fallen bag and placing the clothing back inside of it. The girl who it belongs to gives me a nasty look. 

"Ew girl, what are you doing." She says, when suddenly an arm yanks me backwards. I flinch, and spin around to see Ryker.

"Let's go, Sera."

The girls faces go from disgusted, to all sultry and serious. Disgusting.

"I was just trying to help." I say to Ryker, who has not acknowledged me yet. "I'm sorry."

"I just want to get this over with." He grumbles, grabbing me into the closest store he see's. "Don't wander away. Understand?"

I nod.

"I can't hear nods, Sera." 

"Yes." I say, trying not to sound sassy. It''s not even like I could wander away, Ryker is paying for everything and this store is wayyyyy out of my price range.

Ryker takes anything I even glances at into the basket. Not only that, but he grabs two of everything - sizes xs and s. "So we don't have to do this again when you grow more." He said. 

We are browsing in another excessively pricey boutique, when his phone rings.

"I have to take this. Stay close." He says, picking up his phone. I nod, and keep browsing the aisles. There's so many cute tops in this store, but every time I see the price tag I immediately put the item back on the shelf.

Looking through the racks, I find something that catches my eye. This is the cutest sweater ever! It has black and white stripes and a V shaped neckline. I'm browsing for it in my size, avoiding the price tag when I hear someone clear their throat from behind me.

"Ahem, miss." The store employee says with a slight distaste in his voice. "This is one of the most up class and luxurious boutiques in the area."

"I-i know sir." I manage to get out. "My b-brothe-"

"Now, I just want to let you know that we hold an extremely high-tech security installment. When I catch you stealing, you will face the consequences. Leave while you still can miss, or I will call security." He spits out.

My eyes widen. I would never steal! "I-"

"Did you just accuse my sister of stealing?' I hear a voice grit out from behind me.

The employee gulps. "Sister? Why, Mr. Romano, I had no idea I would get to be acquainted with such loyal customers!"

"Not anymore." He says, "Why don't you and I go and have a little chat."

I just stand there pathetically while Ryker takes the employee to another room to 'talk.' Suddenly I don't want my pretty sweater anymore. I go and hang it on the rack. It wasn't worth it any way - 315$. 

When Ryker exits the room he quickly pays for our stuff and yanks me by my hand through the mall. "What did I tell you about staying close." He says.

I flinch hard at his actions, "I'm sorry." I say quietly. I hope I don't get beaten to hard when we get back home. 

Ryker releases his violent grip on my arm, and turns around. He sighs and runs a hand over his face, before crouching down to my height. "Don't ever disobey me again. Do you understand."

"Y-yes." I whisper. Ryker then stands up again, once more towering over me with his large build.

---------------------

The car ride home is silent, and when we get home Ryker's nice enough to help me carry my bags up to my room. He places the final one on my bed with a plop, before leaving me alone.

 As I'm in the process of taking out my new clothing from my bags, I hear my door open behind me. I spin around, frightened, before realizing its only Elijah.

"Hey Sera, how are you doing honey." He says.

I shrug, but he doesn't correct me on my non-verbal response, thank god.

"I'm sorry about what happened at the mall today." He says, and I swear his eyes turn a shade darker. "Just don't worry about it, that employee will never bother you again."

"Thank you. For a-all the clothes and everything. You guys really didn't have to spend money on me."

Elijah's gaze softens and he smiles. "It's what family is for."

Family. That was something I was never going to get used to. Despite the fact that we were related, I knew that one Lijah and the rest of my brothers found out what I had truly been through they would no longer want me. I wonder if they will be disgusted or horrified once they find out. I would go with both.

Elijah's still standing in my room, leaning against the door frame. "I just wanted to let you know that Vince want's to talk to you once you finish. Don't worry, your not in trouble or anything, he just wants to lay out some ground rules." 

I nod, and Elijah gives me directions to his office before leaving the room.

As I finish unpacking my last clothing bag, an article sitting at its bottom catches my eye. It's the cream and black sweater I had been looking at earlier. Ryker had even bought it in a pink and  white color as well. I smile, and immediately fold it in my top drawer, reminding myself to wear it when it starts to get colder outside.

I put on my unicorn slippers, before heading outside to go have my talk with Vince.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

6.2M 162K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
1.6M 49.1K 65
[[COMPLETED]] "La mia bambina." ••~oOo~•• Little Luca Cleo Cattaneo lives in a dangerous world. A world where everyone's a monster. People who would...
10.9K 255 19
Alessia's life takes a dramatic turn at 16 when her unspoken prayers are answered, leading her to discover her six elder brothers. Little does she kn...
647K 16.1K 22
Emmalin Folliero is a 14-year-old who has been though more than most girls her age. Her mother is a drug addict and her step-father is extremely abus...