BITTERSWEET TRAGEDY-DAISY JON...

By aztrcncmy

I'm done with your bittersweet, bittersweet tragedy It's no fun, when I'm sitting all alone You're right in f... More

Bittersweet Tragedy
002: the gardens
003: the six
004: grand betrayal
005: seveneightnine
006: the truth comes out
007: breakdown
008: its all an act
009: locked in
010: changes are happening
011: could this be the end
012: life after death
013: blinded by love
014: crashing down
015: one last goodbye
016: singing at a funeral

001: before it all

10.1K 262 31
By aztrcncmy

ARACELY: I know you're more invested in my experience with the band, however I believe my backstory is crucial to the story. I grew up in Mexico in a small town called Bernal. I was constantly surrounded by a big and loving family, however there always was a darkness lurking around.

My family called it "The Gonzalez Curse". The curse was that you'd slowly become insane. It started with my great grandmother, then my grandmother, and eventually it passed down to my mother. At the time things such as mental health wasn't something that was promoted, I mean it was a different time back then. Looking back on it, I believe the woman in my family struggled with bipolar disorder and depression. which eventually caused them to take their own life.

On November 13th, twelve year old Aracely would discover something that would alter the course of her life forever.

Aracely walked into her parents bedroom, seeing the cold lifeless body of her mother. In that moment she froze, she didn't cry, she didn't scream—she simply stood there. It took her a while to process what she was seeing. She's known about the "curse" since she was little. But to actually see it come to life—to her own mother. Its something that you just can't forget.

A few days eventually passed and before Aracely knew, she was watching as her mother was buried into the ground. She wanted as the casket continued to lower deep into the ground. A part of Aracely kept hoping that it was all a nightmare and she'd wake up to her mother making pancakes. However it wasn't a dream—it was reality.

After the funeral everyone gathered at their home and began talking about her mother. It was a tradition for them, they would gather and celebrate life rather than loss.

Aracely watched as her tios and tias danced the night away and celebrated the life that was taken from them too soon. She couldn't help but sit there and wonder if the curse would eventually pass onto her.

ARACELY: I was terrified, I mean who wouldn't be.

Aracely's father approached her that night and gave her a choice—a chance even. A chance at a better life, a life in America.

He wanted to move there with her mother of course, but due to the circumstances that was no longer an option. Her father said moving to America would give her all the opportunities and chances she craved, but the decision was fully her choice.

ARACELY: I said yes, without hesitation. In my head, there was a possibility that moving to America could break this curse. It could alter not just my life, but my sisters as well.

Two months later Aracely, her father, and two sisters immigrated to America, more specifically Los Angeles. There they stayed with a few relatives while her father searched for a job.

ARACELY: I was twelve, and I was terrified. I was in this completely new place, couldn't speak english, and was dealing with the death of my mother. It felt like my life had gotten turned upside down.

However my father knew this was the best decision for the all of us. It had to be, there was no going back now. We were in too deep.

Los Angeles was different from Mexico, people were so different. The music—oh the music was incredible. It was almost revolutionary. I knew—I just knew that one day I'd be hearing music that I made play on the radio one day.

My father had the mindset that if we were passionate about something enough, we would be able to achieve it. That was then passed down to me. When I say I was passionate about singing, I was passionate. It was something I loved since I was a little girl. To this day I still can hear mh mothers voice from when she would sing to me. Insane isn't it, I just hit my fourties' and I can still hear my mothers voice.

My sisters and I all had our own passion. Marissa, the youngest, dreamed of being an actress. Emilia, on the other hand, wanted to be a film director.

My father was very supportive of all our dreams, he worked two jobs to make sure we were able to have the life we deserve. Who would have known it all would eventually pay off.

Aracely and her sisters worked day and night trying to reach their dream. The three sisters were all honors students, yet they were still never treated as equals amongst their peers.

It was hard for the three girls to make friends, many didn't want anything to do with them. That was until one girl befriended Aracely. Who would have thought that she'd be the sole reason Aracely achieved her dream.

ARACELY: I met Karen when I was fourteen. She was my first friend, and the be quite honest my only friend. She was like this ball of radiant energy, she made me feel alive again.

I felt so lost, but with Karen; she gave my life meaning again. Just by seeing her I felt at peace. I loved her then [pauses] and I love her even now.

ARACELY: I was walking to my music class and this boy stopped me and he said that a hispanic girl like me would never be famous. He then said no one would ever want to listen to someone like me sing. It stung, it felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest.

Once I told Karen she immediately yelled at the boy for saying all those cruel things. I remember he ran away crying, genuine tears were streaming down his face. To this day I still don't know what she told him, she refused to tell me.

KAREN: I told him that if he ever messed with Aracely again, I'd break his violin into pieces. I also may have said that I'd hunt him down and brutally hurt him. [laughs] I can't believe she still remembers that.

Before Aracely knew it there she was graduating. The diploma was in her hand, she did it. She did the impossible—not just for herself but for her father. He worked so hard for his children, and it was finally paying off.

ARACELY: All I remember was looking in the crowd and my father was sobbing uncontrollably. My sisters were also crying, it was such a beautiful moment. I know my mom would have loved to see it.

A few years passed and Aracely was approaching twenty. She was sitting at her desk as her professor continued with the ever so boring lecture.

ARACELY: I thought to myself, what am I doing? Why am I getting a degree in fine arts? Why am I not making some form of art? I got up and left, never went back.

My father absolutely flipped when he found out I dropped out of college, but it's what I needed to do. After going back and forth he realized that I was simply trying to follow my dream. He gave me his blessing.

My father was my best friend and number one supporter, until he wasn't.

Aracely began focusing on her music. She would sit in her bedroom and write songs. These songs came from her soul, she was able to write them with ease.

Aracely began singing at local bars, and was able to book her first ever gig.

ARACELY: I'm sure the guy just wanted to get in my pants, that's why he hired me. But that didn't matter to me, people were going to hear me sing. They were going to hear my voice and my songs.

I looked into the crowd and it just felt right. I was meant to be on stage. This was my calling, it had to be—there was no going back now.

KAREN: She doesn't know this, but I was there that night. I watched as she performed, she was incredible. Even to this day she's still incredible, I mean when you have a voice like hers, people have to hear it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943 39 22
read at your own risk p.s English is not my first language so bare with me and sorry in advance
10.6K 489 32
she didn't choose to stay silent, he did. yet he choose not stay silent with her.
24.3K 787 43
I'm not going to write a description for this I'll let the words speak for themselves
253 30 11
Everything falls, and this evil world is a world I no longer want to live in.