Tangled Love

By Zangata101

Olivia Conner was only sixteen when she was diagnosed with amnesia, it's been three years and she still doesn... More

Chapter 1: Amnesia.
Chapter 2: The Girl In White.
Chapter 3: What Friend?
Chapter 4: Unforgivable.
Chapter 5: Dinner.
Chapter 7: To Breathe And Not To Breathe.
Chapter 8: A Mess.
Chapter 9: When Jace Met Cassandra.
Chapter 10: Colour Me Impressed.
Chapter 11: Twist.
Chapter 12: Challenge Accepted.
Chapter 13: INK.
Chapter 14: Brunch.
Chapter 15: Obsessed.
Chapter 16: Bad Combination.
Chapter 17: Doomed from the start.
Chapter 18: Feelings.
Chapter 19: Ryder.
Chapter 20: Hallcreek River.
Chapter 21: Antidote.
Chapter 22: The Aftermath.
Chapter 23: Crave.
Chapter 24: Crazy.
Chapter 25: Bail.
Chapter 26: Complicated.
Chapter 27: Bittersweet.
Chapter 28: Racing Ring.
Chapter 29: Ditch Day.
Chapter 30: Just Friends.
Chapter 31: Chaotic Party: Part 1.
Chapter 32: Not In Control.
Chapter 33: Awkward Situations.
Chapter 34: Treasure.
Chapter 35: Lust Land.
Chapter 36: Indoor Date.
Chapter 37: What If.
Chapter 38: Infatuated.
Chapter 39: I Don't Have A Problem.
Chapter 40: Milkshakes and Reunions.
Chapter 41: Misunderstanding.
Chapter 42: Not My Fault.
Chapter 43: Scheming
Chapter 44: SORRY.
Chapter 45: Not What It Seems.
Chapter 46: Chaotic Party: Part 2.
Chapter 47: A Wound We Can't Heal.
Chapter 48: You'll Be Okay.

Chapter 6: The Butterfly Effect.

1.7K 94 16
By Zangata101

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Turns out, getting suspended is worse than getting arrested.

I always get bailed out the next day after getting arrested but this suspension gets me stuck at home, with my mum who doesn't want me to lock myself in my room and smoke weed all day, she wants me to help her out at the Pizza restaurant and smile while I'm at it.

I spend the whole day glancing at the clock, waiting for the time everyone gets off school.

I don't know why I'm nervous and anxious at the same time, it's not like I'm going on a date with her.

But then again she said that her parents are away and that painting someone takes hours. That means we'll be alone in her house for hours.

I've had three encounters with this girl, and I've wanted to kiss her twice during those encounters.

The clock hits five and I sneak out the back without notifying my mother, she objects to everything.

I hop on my bike, turning on the engine and taking off.

I'm used to facing the consequences of my actions, I guess it's just easier that way.

How messed up is that, huh?

Growing up, I always thought Diego's neighborhood was nice, it has two story homes, the neighbors are all nice and everyone drives expensive cars and the streets are good for skating because not a lot cars pass by.

I stop my motorcycle in Olivia's driveway, behind the white Fortuner she drove last night.

I turn off the engine, getting off my bike and looking behind me, across the street, at Diego's house.

I spend my time in that house more than I spend in my own home but, I've never asked him about Olivia's house or who lives in it.

I look up at the lovely home, specifically at the windows. I wonder which window Olivia used to watch us skate, I wish I had looked up and waved or knocked to say hello.

I bet she was the cutest at thirteen.

I walk towards the door, I don't know if she's home from school yet but I don't do well with patience so here I am.

I take a deep breath before ringing the doorbell, I hear a dog barking inside then followed by Olivia's voice.

Something in my chest squeezes at the knowledge that she's home.

Fuck.

My nerves react again, I shut my eyes, holding my breath and listening to my own heartbeat.

It slows down and I release the breath I was holding.

The door swings open, revealing Olivia in a thin tank top, her nipples poking through the white fabric, black sweatpants hugging her hips and her dark hair is straightened, reaching up to her waist.

"Hey." I watch as her rosy lips stretch into a beautiful smile.

Fuck. Me. Dead.

This was a bad idea.

I clear my throat.

"Hi, you're home." I probably sound stupid cause what?

Yes, fucker, she's home, obviously.

"Yeah, come in." She opens the door wider and I step inside the house, "I always rush here early after school cause I have to feed Sam." She says behind me while my eyes roam around the cleanest house I've ever been in.

"Who's Sam?" I ask, turning around to face her.

"My dog." She reminds me, and like on cue a golden retriever stands beside her, growling at me.

"Sorry, he doesn't like.... Men." She drags the dog to the next room.

"Who helps you clean?" I ask curiously, staring at the clean furniture.

"No one. I get bored around here so I clean and cook to make myself busy." She reappears again, I nod in understanding.

She looks at me like she's waiting for me to say something but I'm too distracted by her appearance to make small talk right now.

"This way." She says, leading me somewhere.

She opens the door to her basement which looks like an artist's den, there are paintings everywhere, mostly of nature.

Everything looks set, like she came down here to put them in place before I rang her doorbell.

There's a couch sitting in front of the easel, I'm guessing that's where I'm going to be seated for the next couple hours.

"I chose the couch instead of a stool so you can feel comfortable." She answers my thoughts.

"Right." I walk to the couch, sitting down and looking at the standing easel in front of me.

"So how does this work? Do I take my shirt off or.....?"

"That's up to you, I just want you to feel comfortable." She says, sending me a sweet smile.

"Okay, do I just lean back?" I lean back, looking at her.

She giggles, looking at me everywhere while chewing on the side of her lip like she's thinking about which position is best.

"Lean back, sink in, hands on your lap, eyes on me." She instructs and I do as told, "Perfect." She uses the scrunchie around her wrist to tie her hair in a ponytail.

She then grabs a large stretched canvas and sits it on the easel, she gets a painting palette, filling it with different kinds of paint then she grabs a cup holder with brushes inside it.

She holds the pallet in one hand and and holds a brush in the other.

She looks at me, maybe memorizing my position but either way, the look makes me feel.... Cautious.

A very familiar feeling indeed.

Heart beating fast, hands sweating and getting cold, mind focusing on nothing else but her.

Some call it the butterfly effect.

I call it stupid temptation or lust.

My eyes travel to her pink painted toenails, the skin showing on her stomach right below her tank top, over her breasts and her throat before reaching her blue eyes.

I let her work in silence while I sit still, keeping my eyes on her the entire time and thinking about things that I shouldn't think about, I don't even realize how long I sit here in the same position until she releases a relieved breath and places the brush and pallet on the table beside her.

"I think I'm done for now." She announces, looking at the work in front of her.

I notice how she has paint all over her face and clothes but she still looks good.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, I pull it out to find a lot of messages from Diego.

I glance at the time and it's now seven PM.

I open Diego's messages, scrolling down to the last text he sent.

"Party at Daisy's, bitch, where are you?"

Daisy's place isn't far from here, I could use a drink or two.

I stand, shoving my phone in my pocket and walking over to stand beside Olivia, I look at the painting and it's not complete.

"It takes professional artists fifteen hours to finish a portrait and it takes me three days to finish a portrait of Sam," She tells me, "It annoys him." She laughs.

"Does this mean I'm coming again tomorrow?" I ask, looking down at her.

"We can skip days if you-"

"No, tomorrow's fine, it's coming out great anyway." I say truthfully, looking at the painting again.

"Really?" She asks, sounding unsure.

"Yeah." I nod.

Silence.

The awkward kind.

"I'm thirsty, are you thirsty?" She asks me.

The question genuinely confuses me for some unknown reason.

"Huh?" My forehead furrows, she blinks at me, snorting a laugh. "I mean, yeah, sure, thirsty." I respond then I give my head a little shake to pull myself together.

Seriously, Jace?

We head to the kitchen, she pours me a glass of water while I sit on the kitchen island, internally cursing at the dog that's still growling at me.

She places the glass of water in front of me and takes the seat next to me.

"Do you wanna go to a party with me?" I ask her, staring down at the glass of water.

"No, I don't like parties." She responds, I turn my head to face her.

"Why not?"

"People get drunk, they misbehave, girls get drugged and raped and people have sexual intercourse in public." She says, I chuckle.

"What?" She stares at me curiously.

"You called it sexual intercourse, it sounded funny."

"What do you call it?" She releases her hair and strokes her fingers through, I glance at the counter, bringing the glass to my lips and taking a sip.

"Sex, fucking, smashing, screwing, hitting it, hooking up, shagging. I've literally never heard anyone my age call it sexual intercourse." I emphasize the words, facing her again.

"I must be old then." She says, shrugging.

Or you don't have a lot of sex.

"Come with me, I promise it won't be anything like that, it's a school night, I know a lot people won't show." I assure her.

She purses her lips, contemplating. She taps her fingers on the counter while looking at me in the eyes and I take another sip.

I actually wish this were alcohol.

"Okay but we're leaving before eleven, right? I have homework." She says.

"Yeah, of course." I'm quick to respond.

"I'm gonna go take a shower first." She gets down from her seat.

"Take your time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 60 59
Hi, everyone! First of all I'm totally new at this and after reading so many interesting, funny and romantic Stories, I decided to write a Story too...
2.3M 41.4K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
1K 94 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
5K 289 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...