Lessons (Karushuu)

renecross

"My father only sent me here because he is worried about me..." "Really? Mine sent me because he can't wor... Еще

Lesson 1
Lesson 2
Lesson 4
Lesson 5
Lesson 6
Lesson 7
Lesson 8
Lesson 9
Lesson 10
Lesson 11
Lesson 12.

Lesson 3

300 19 81
renecross

"Are you washed in the blood?

In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?

Are your garments spotless; are they white as snow?

Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?"

Gakushu's Pov

They vocalised and chimed all the words to this song I'd never heard before, I mouthed the words while staring blankly at the lyrics on the songbook. A little gorey for a song that's supposed to be about god.
We were all lined up according to floor numbers, around 30 boys in one hall. The hall was small, but they made us stand with a "two arm distance" from each other. With calculation, I find there's 5 rooms in this floor, 6 "students" in each of them.

My roommate, number 13(black hair, charming to look at) stands first in line, they line us up based on "rank".

After reading the rule book I've realised this rank depends on who's been showing the most "growth" in classes, who's been getting the least number of disciplines, and who here is closest to ending their journey here early.

I stand second last having just arrived here. You'd think I'd be standing at the very end but I wasn't surprised at all when number 25 joined after me.

There's 5 "brothers" standing at the very end of the hall watching closely, checking if you're maintaining your two arm distance, checking if anyone's talking, and or not singing, checking if any rule is being disobeyed.

I have always been a rule follower, such is not a problem for me. However, trouble follows where I go, since number 25 has been following me for a while now.

He comes into the hall late, he'll get a discipline.

He greets me goodmorning, speaks to me.
He'll get a discipline.

He has to be reminded to stand in place, repeatedly

Another one.

I ignore him, throughout, but it's harder to keep my patience than keep the words in my mouth.
This boy is testing me.

He accidentally "leans against" me during prayer, I can't move forward because then I'll be breaking the two arm distance, he sings off key, into my ears, almost as if on purpose, just to tick me off.
Clearly, the students in the row beside us notice, because they shoot some disgusted looks.

They wait till hymns are over to generously distribute discipline.

I smirk with satisfaction as Alejandro pulls number 25 to the corner, he'll be punished, serves him right.

“Number 11 come here, why are you standing looking clueless?"

Me? What did I do?

"Yes Sir?" I join them as it's the redhead's turn to smile.

"You have been observed noticing and ignoring bad behaviour. You had two minutes before I called you over. Why didn't you speak up?"

Why am I to report his misdoing? You were standing there watching it, it's your job.

"But sir, I ignored him. I didn't break any rules at all. I sang all the words and-"

"Stop talking back to me. Let this be a lesson to always do what's right from now on. If you see evil being done, you report it, or you're no different " his eyes are rigid, and he's - he's serious.

He really thinks it's evil?
I can't stand the little redhaired devilish punk either but what he did was far from evil..
It was childish and immature at most.
Is there no place for childish temptations in this place?
Who am I kidding? Ofcourse there isn't. That's why my father sent me here.

"Bathroom duty, both of you. After classes, you may finish your work and then take your lunch."
I put on a fake smile and nod. I apologise so he can feel good about his fake authority.
Who does this guy think he is?
No- stay calm. You have to get out of here.
I look at number 25 and he is least bothered, he leans against the wall as Alejandro gives him his own special disciplines.
Punishment after punishment, work added, privileges revoked, number 25 keeps smiling.
Maybe he's mentally ill.
Or maybe he's one of those losers who can't portray their anger, in hopes of looking 'cool'

But I'm doing that too.
I'm smiling too, except mine is to please authority, his is to laugh at them.

Karma's POV

I pick up the mop and soak it in the water. I've gotten used to this by now, the bathroom is like a second home to me anyways ! It's like the only place there's some privacy left in this stupid place.
But what I call "escape" they call bunking. I recently had a bathroom timer placed on me. If you're wondering what that is, the "Bros" here just stand outside the bathroom cell and hurry you to get out.

One time I tested their patience and they tested mine! I got out after an hour.
I only half regret doing so because after that they locked me up in this dark room all alone for 7 hours, and I got a nice long nap.

The best time to be alone is the hours after 3 am, till before 6 am. They call it the "devil's hour" and most of them stay asleep. I utilise these sweet hours the devil has granted me and pace around campus. My roommates don't tell on me, because they already held it in for too long!
If they tell on me now, they'll be punished anyways. That's the part about putting good people up for bad things,
They always hesitate.
Bad people don't hesitate.

My bro Alejandro stands at the door, he despises my sweet gesture of a nickname and starved me for 8 hours the last time I called him that! Can't have me indulging in 'sinful' temptations of the devil.

Peachface holds the bucket in disgust as if he's never seen one before. His face was twisted up and he looked nauseous. It's no use though.
If he throws up, they'd make him clean it.

"Hey BrothEr aLejAndRo, could you please get us a new air freshener? This one's over"

It wasn't really, I emptied the bottle out when he wasn't looking.

"Go get it yourself."

"Last time I did, you accused me of stealing snacks~"

"Don't speak to your superior like that boy"

"But really though, I can't hold myself back if I have sinful thoughts such as stealing all the good food you hide in your pantry" I laugh. Big mistake, the brother glares.

I'm probably going to stay here for 4 more years, they'll have to legally release me then, I'll be 18.
The days keep on adding, and so do these 'disciplines' , which is fine. I need something to keep me occupied anyways!

Alejandro watches peachface diligently cleaning corners of the room.

"Number 11, make sure Mr ak- number 25 does not break any rules. Do your work and make sure he does his. I'll bring back the freshener. I'll show you the way to the staffroom later, get it from there."

Finally, that bitch finally left!

I wait thirty seconds, then I scoot closer to Peaches and check his corner, sparkling ✨with good work.

"Please move back" he says, not looking at me.

"Come now Mr Diligent, I don't bite." I smile.

He looks disturbed.

Good!

"If you don't stop I'll have to report your misconduct." Ouch, cold.

"So what's your name?" I respond.

I could see his plastered face cracking, just how I like it.
But he ignores me.
I'll have to take it a step further!

"Mine's Karma"

He looks up at me, maybe a little interested- that's improvement --

He shoves the bucket in my hand.

"Go refill it"

Bossy much?

"Alright alright, will you then tell me more about yourself" I turn on the tap as the water flows.

I take the silence as a no.

"What are you in for? Come on tell me"

"Won't you reply at all?"

"He'll be back soon and you'll regret not responding you knoww, everyday here is a waste!"

He glares at me and snatches the bucket as some water scatters and resumes cleaning.

"It was you yesterday at the bathroom right? You asked if I was okay?" I grin at the memory, although it's blurry in my memory.

This time, I take the silence as a yes.

"Woahh looks like Mr perfection did break a rule or twooo, you're not allowed to talk to anyone without supervision during tiffin breaks~ how bold of you" he must have not liked that because he then yelled as softly as one could yell and asked me to

"Shut up"

"Is your highness mad?"

"Just you wait till he gets here"

"I'm not scared! I've done worse, this is mild for me~"

He gives me that look of giving up like all the adults in my life! How sad!

"I can't stand you"

"Then sit down"

"I'll ask to change dorms"

"That's too bad..i really like you"

I see a shade of pink fall over his face, he turns away.

"Come on, is that sinful too? It's juSt platonic" I add.

He doesn't say anything after that.

I hear footsteps,
I move back before whispering "Thanks for yesterday, it's nice to see someone so concerned about me. It's also a first"

I smile, but he won't know that it's geniune.

Gakushuu's Pov

"Thanks for yesterday, it's nice to see someone so concerned about me. It's also a first."

He moves back.
He is no longer looking at me, but I catch his smile from the corner of his cheeks.
It's - different from the one he gave to Alejandro.
Maybe he means it?
No, get this out of your head Gakushuu, there is no time for friendship, this is a distraction. He is a distraction, he'll keep you away from your home, your freedom.

Alejandro walks in, hands over the bottle as I shake the bottle and spray out the fragrance.

"So? Any complaints?" He finally asks.

I had many.
But I said,

"No Sir"

A/N: longest update so far! Pretty happy with the chapter, it was required for the story to build up. I'm very sorry if there's not enough scenes of Karma and Shuu together but next chapter on they'll only be increasing! Thank you for keeping up with this story, and have an amazing amazing day 💞

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.1M 44.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
136K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
857K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...