In The Midst Of Serendipity

By Iwrites11

DO NOT COPY MY WORK Mir's! The name itself screams power. Mir's are the most influential and rich nawab of t... More

Author's Note
Characters and Asthetics
|Chapter 01| Mysterious Hazel Orbs
|Chapter 02| A Bloom In The Garden
|Chapter 03| The Cumbersome Excursion
|Chapter 04| A Horrendous Stratagem
|Chapter 05| The Emergence Of Her Distress
|Chapter 06| Her Dreadful Time Period
|Chapter 07| An Indifferent Redendvzous
|Chapter 08| A Change For The Bright Side
|Chapter 09| A Change For The Worst Side
|Chapter 10| The Uncanny Play of Destiny
|Chapter 11|It's Already Fated
|Chapter 12| Eye To Eye Clash
|Chapter 13| Some Matters Secrets
|Chapter 14|Unpleasant Situations
|Chapter 15| An Abrupt Proposal
|Chapter 16| The Fixation Of Fate
|Chapter 18| The Union Of Two Souls
|Chapter 19| The New Inclusion
|Chapter 20| The Reception Day
|Chapter 21|The Inkling Of Undesirable
|Chapter 22| Those Virtous Orbs
|Chapter 23| The Reminiscence Of The Past
|Chapter 24| The Notion Of Self Doubt
|Chapter 25| Irrelevant Arguments
|Chapter 26 |The Tint of Jealousy
|Chapter 27| An Event Attended Together
|Chapter 28| The First Display Of Care
|Chapter 29| The Change In The Atmosphere
|Chapter 30| Chaoctic Feelings
|Chapter 31| The Unexplainable Tragedy
|Chapter 32| Sniffles In The Dark
|Chapter 33| The Overdue Acceptance
|Chapter 34| The Blooming Relationship
|Chapter 35| The Uneasiness Inside
|Chapter 36|A Farewell To The Deceased
|Chapter 37| The Process Of Healing
|Chapter 38| The Breaking Point
|Chapter 39| Moving On
|Chapter 40| A New Beginning
| Chapter 41| The Audacity Of The Bad
|Chapter 42| Blazing Hazel Eyes
|Chapter 43|Series of Forgiveness
|Chapter 44| Destined Together
|Epilogue|

|Chapter 17| The Eve Of Henna

2.3K 76 1
By Iwrites11

Hey guys, here's the next update. Do tell me your thoughts in the comments down below. Also check out my sister account @wittypenart. Do follow me on my Instagram account @iwrites11...
***

Author's POV (Edited)

Flowers, the hustle bustle of guests, the welcoming smell of Shahi Pakwans and the intriguing and smooth henna designs were all can be seen at the Mir's Haveli. After all it was the Eve of the Henna. The henna ceremony of their beloved and eldest son. The whole Haveli was sparkling in lights.

The overall atmosphere was so welcoming and attracting that even the passers by were stopping by completely mesmerized. The decorations were on point. The servants were on their toes. Since the morning, everyone was on high alert.

Today was a very big day. There was no chance of mistakes whatsoever. Servants were ordered to be attentive and present. They were practically running from here and there, arranging every necessary things. The henna ceremony was scheduled to happen in the large garden.

The garden was itself dressed up like a bride. A beautiful flowers gateway adorned with golden lights on the top. The plush carpet was screaming richness and class. The stage was set up at the front. A small table was in between with seats of groom and bride were arranged separately. The whole wedding festivities were scheduled in the Haveli itself.

Kulsoom insisted on hosting the mehndi but Shehnaz was well aware of their financial situation and she didn't want to burden them. They were already doing very much for the wedding itself. She politely asked them to arrange the whole wedding at the haveli itself.

The Haveli was grant and spacious and it will be easy as the bride will be coming here after the wedding. Shiza and her family were given the separate portion of the Haveli. They might be modern but they know their religious morals. The groom and bride were kept at the high distance. The portion was almost in another corner of the Haveli.

The groom and bride hadn't even seen each other even once. The family was keeping an eye on their every move. Everyone was very much in joyous mode. The cousins to be exact didn't leave any hook in preparing for their eldest cousin's marriage. They were running here and there in keep tracking of everything. The mehndi artists were informed to come at evening sharp on time.

The dholak setup was in the middle with flowers on each corner. The girls were singing songs and beating the dholak already. The whole Haveli was filled with hustle and bustle of people. Everyone was working. Kinza and Nimra were handling the overall arrangements of the whole Henna ceremony.

Nimra had already cried two times realizing that her caring and protective father like elder brother was finally getting married. But she was sad too that it wasn't because of his will. He was forced into it. But still she prayed honestly for her brother and sister in law's happiness.

She was in very excited mood and was taking part in every chores wholeheartedly. The event was set to start on 7 in the evening which will then continue till late night. The whole night will be filled with music, dholak and Henna's beautiful smell all around the atmosphere....
****

It was almost 6 in the evening. The preparations were almost done and dusted. The whole garden was lighted with various multi colored ferry lights. The stage was set up and the dholak was beating on the loudest sounds. The sound of clapping and songs were high in the air. Shehnaz Begum was sitting at the corner in a chair wearing a very subtle and decent piece of clothing.

The beautiful intricate work on her off white suit was making her radiant. Her face was glowing with pure happiness. She was grateful for the Almighty to grant her enough life for seeing her elder grandson's wedding. She was singing songs along with the young girls. They were beaming with excitement.

Soon, the girls came out. They were dressed in beautiful pieces of expensive clothing. Their hands and ears were adorned with graceful flower jewelry. Their hairs were tied in basic french braid giving them the pitch perfect look of a mehndi. Nimra was clad in a beautiful shocking pink colored lehenga along with glittery blouse and a dark green dupatta set on her shoulder.

Her hairs were braided in half and the rest of section stayed put on her shoulder. She looked a sight for sore eyes.

(Nimra's Dress)

Kinza was wearing a beautiful blue and multi colored long ankle length maxi with the same colored duppata. She had tied her hairs in a typical french braid with few strands falling onto her faces. Her minimal makeup face was making Aaban's heartbeat accelerated. She was looking so elegant and the way she carried herself was just remarkable.

(Kinza's Dress)

Now came Zarnish. She was so trying to be unaffected by all the glitters of the mehndi but her mind and heart was so lost. She was grieving inside. Her eyes were hollow yet still she was trying to be ok. She doesn't want to create any drama. She knew it's her fault too.

But she was scared. She was insecure and there are things she can't tell them. She has to keep some secrets in order to save herself but for that she was paying for a very big prize. She was losing the One she loved the most to someone who she hated to the guts. She had cried alot in the past days locking herself in her room. Her pain was almost unbearable. It seems like someone was stabbing her heart with daggers constantly.

She was tired of crying but her tears seems like had no stop. They kept flowing automatically. She was clad in a greyish blue and yellow color combination. Her long maxi with light earrings and almost bare face was making her look dull yet at the same time, so simple and pretty. She was a beauty inside out.

(Zarnish's Dress)

The three cousins reached their dado. Shehnaz Begum was almost speechless after seeing her beautiful and young grand-daughters. They were looking radiant. She stood up from her place and kissed each of them on their foreheads. She blew Ayat -ul-Kursi on them. They all smiled liking the affection of their dado. Shehnaz Begum smiled and said

"You all are looking really beautiful. May Allah keep you safe from the evil eyes."

They all muttered Ameen under their breaths. Nimra then asked her dado

"Dado, do you need anything? Is there something that we can help in?"

Shehnaz smiled and shook her head. She then assured them

"Don't worry, beta. Everything is almost done. Now, we just have to start the function."

Kinza sighed and stated

"I'm so excited. It's the first wedding in our family."

Everyone smiled and laughed but Zarnish couldn't. She just can't smile. Her heart was breaking into several pieces bit by bit. She was trying not to cry and took a deep breath in order to calm herself. She then excused herself not tolerating the attention

"Let me excuse for a minute."

They nodded but Kinza knew her cousin. She was worried for her cousin. Only she knew about her liking towards Shah Zain and she can't even imagine what pain she must be going through. She was making her way towards her but Aaban came in between blocking her way. Kinza clicked her tongue in annoyance and asked him

"What do you want, Aaban?"

He smiled cheekily and teased her

"I never thought you could look this beautiful."

Kinza tried not to blush but it was hard. His comment made her blush like a tomato. She down casted her eyes and muttered

"I was always this beautiful. You never noticed."

Aaban's heart accelerated to immense speed. She was looking so beautiful and it was getting hard for him to control. When he didn't say anything, she spoke

"If you don't have anything to say, then I'll take my leave."

Aaban nodded and cleared her way before she made her way to the direction where Zarnish was standing. Aaban watched her walking gracefully towards Zarnish. She doesn't know that unintentionally she has bewitched someone's heart...
****

Bisma was handling the tray of flower jewelry in her hands. She was wearing a simple and beautiful lemon yellow colored knee length shirt with a white colored sharara. Her hairs were open and curly.

Her hands adorned the sleek piece of bracelet and her lightly henna hands were making her look beautiful. She placed the basket on the counter and just then Kulsoom approached her. Kulsoom first complimented her daughter

"Mashallah! You look so beautiful, mera baccha." (My child)

Bisma smiled and hugged her mother. The mother daughter were matching. Kulsoom kissed her forehead and said

"Go beta. Take Shiza out. Shah Zain will be joining us too."

Bisma nodded her head and rushed upstairs to take the bride to be out in the garden.

Shiza was sitting on the bed. She was fully dressed. She was wearing a beautiful and expensive orange colored ankle length maxi with the same colored duppata. The dress was an official choice by Shehnaz Ammi.

Kulsoom tried many times to refuse her as it was her responsibility to arrange a mehndi dress but Shehnaz was adamant and said that it was a gift to her. Due to her persistence, Kulsoom agreed in the end. Golden intricate work was done on her daaman.

Her dupatta was set on her head. Her hairs were braided in half and met with the braid at the end. Flower ornaments were decorated in her braid and it made her look so gorgeous. Her makeup was kept minimal as she doesn't want anything heavy. Her eyes were bare with only a thin coat of mascara on.

Her lips were shining in a pink colored lip gloss. Her wrists filled with heavy pink colored gajras especially made for the bride to be. It was all so overwhelming for her. Her emotions are on high tide today. She had alot of crying session in the evening. She was missing her parents alot.

It was very parent's wish to see their children getting married. But alas! Shiza's parents were not given time till that. They were called to Him early. But she was not complaining as she knew that they are in good place and no doubt watching her. She looked up at the ceiling. Her eyes watery, smile faltering but yet she whispered not so subtly

"I love you."

She closed her eyes and relished the darkness that came with it. Her mind was haywire. Many unusual thoughts clouded her senses and she couldn't find a possible answer for it. She had done istikhara. She was not sure if she could marry someone who hates her. But she can't possibly refuse Shehnaz Ammi so Kulsoom advised her to do istikhara.

She did it first thing in the night. When she woke up the next day, her mind and soul were filled with positive thoughts and energy. That's how she understood that their marriage is by God's will and He will never be wrong. He knows what is best for His creation. She has her completely faith in Him. The Almighty loves his creation more than 70 mothers itself. Shiza was still sitting waiting for someone to come and take her out.

She just want to get over with it. Zohra had not leave any stone unturned in taunting or glaring at her. She was finding every way possible in order to humiliate her or insult her but so far nothing like that had happened.

She was just praying to God that all the event passed by happily. She heard the light knock on her door and entered Bisma. Shiza smiled in her direction and Bisma stated

"Come on. Let's take you out."

Shiza's heart beat accelerated. She was going our. Alot of people will be there. What if they don't like her? What if they talk behind her back? What if Shah Zain humiliate her? What if he caused a big scene out there? She was getting anxious. Bisma's sudden voice brought her out of her trance

"Appi, kia huva apko?"

(Sister, what happened to you?)

Shiza turned to her and just shook her head. Bisma let it slid as she thought it might be because of wedding jitters. Every girl faces it whenever she was getting married. Soon, the door opened and Bisma took Shiza to the garden...

(Shiza's Dress)

(Bisma's Dress)
****

Shah Zain was called in the garden. He was surrounded by his cousins and most importantly his best friend, Hashir. Hashir was offended that he got to know so late about him getting married that too with the girl he said to hate.

But Shah Zain told him the entire situation and then only Hashir understood. Shah Zain sat down on the designated spot and Zohra and Jahangir immediately stood around him. Jahangir patted his back and he visibly stiffened. He was still angry with him. Zohra crouched down and kissed his forehead. She then stated sadly

"I wish I could do anything, beta."

Zain smiled and shook his head lightly. Shehnaz Begum then appeared infront of him and stroke his hairs smiling at him. She blew verses on him. Soon, they heard the hooting and cheering of the girls. Shiza was standing at the gateway. Her eyes were down casted and a red colored duppata was covering over her.

Her khala and cousin were standing at her sides. She was taken to her seat and they were now beside each other. Shah Zain hated to admit but she looked beautiful. Her face was bare with makeup but still she looked the most prettiest bride. He shook his head immediately realizing what he was thinking. Hashir stood beside him and whispered looking at the front

"Well, brother. I know I shouldn't say it but your wife to be is such a beauty."

Zain just remained quiet. He just want to get done with the event. He wanted to sleep and just forget the day. Barzan and his nani were also invited but he couldn't come as his nani was not feeling well. Shehnaz Begum then stated loudly

"Let's start the rasam, shall we?"
***

The event was going on it's full speed. The rasam were still going on and Shah Zain and Shiza were still seated on their spots. Shah Zain's eyes were searching for Zarnish. She was almost invisible today. She doesn't even come to do his rasam. He was still finding her in the crowd when his mother approached to him. She sat beside him and said

"Beta, are you ok?"

He nodded his head. Zohra then passed a bitter look towards Shiza and Shiza didn't fail to notice it. But she kept her head down. Her hands were busy as the henna artists were applying mehndi on her hands. She can't believe that tomorrow is her Big day.

The day when she will officially be a Mir! She will no longer be Shiza Hussain rather she will become Shiza Shah Zain Mir for the rest of her life. Although, she was feeling uneasy but still just thinking about his name getting attached to her was making her heart flip. She just prayed to Allah to guide her in the new journey of her life ahead...
***

Phew! Another big chapter done. The next one will be the most awaiting one. So set up your alarms. Also vote comment and share
Till then take care
Allah Hafiz
****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 14.1K 54
What happens when Avni gets to marry her boss for 3 months but one of them end up falling in love with the other ?❤️ Plz give it a try .. because I...
200K 5.2K 32
Idris alam man of his words workholic, short tempered but can't say no to his parents. What happens when this mamas boy gets married for his mother...
35.8K 800 42
~ completed Intizaar ~ wait ~shab-e-intizaar~ what happens when Alaya Sheikh and Harris Ali are forced to marry each other, one doing it for her fa...
224K 7.9K 46
(used to be titled 'the loving marriage') ━━━━━━━ "Zaroon, Don't," I said pushing his arms away. "Why not?" He asked acting clueless like what he was...