My Boss

By Seventeen_AJ

Cara Greene, who planned everything in her life met Alexandra Williams, her Boss who was exactly opposite of... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69

5

20.1K 676 190
By Seventeen_AJ

I was distracted all morning up to this time thinking about what happened earlier and some of my colleagues noticed that.

"Are you okay, Cara?" Joan asked me, she was one of the executives.

"Y-Yeah, of course." I answered her. Not even myself was convinced on that.

Alex left her office twice in the morning just to go to the bathroom and every time she does, she wasn't even looking at me and it somehow pisses me off.

Why wouldn't she look at me? Wasn't she just joking with me earlier.

Why are you overthinking this? A part of my mind questioned me. 

Because...

I thought we had a moment earlier and, you know...

Oh my god, I'm going nuts talking to myself.

I stood up and walked towards the elevator, I need fresh air. 

As soon as the elevator door opens, I went inside, press the 10th floor and leaned my back against the wall of the elevator and shut my eyes.

"Hold it!" 

I immediately opened my eyes hearing that voice.

Alex.

She was running towards the elevator while I just stood there looking at her.

She managed to block the elevator door with her hand before it closes.

As soon as she enters, she faced me.

"I told you to hold it." She snorted.

"I-I'm sorry." All I could muster to tell her.

Not long when the elevator opens, she walk past me and hurriedly went to the table at the corner side of the open area where there is a man waiting for her.

My eyes followed her as she seated across the man in suit. She was smiling while talking to him, she looks happy, he must be her new boyfriend.

I felt a pinch in my chest when I thought about that.

What the hell was that?

I looked away as I didn't like what I saw and how it feels.

It's almost lunch time, the place will be full in no time. I wanted to buy something, eat something but I don't have the appetite. I went to one of the carts and ordered a smoothie.

My eyes flew to where Alex is and caught her already looking at me.

I couldn't read her face, she was just staring at me while the man across her was talking.

I looked away and turned my back as I don't know if I should smile at her or just nod.

I took my drink and went back to where I was seated.

Not long, the staff started to come.

"Cara! Hi!" It was David. He's walking towards me while waving his hand and carrying a tray on the other.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked politely.

"Oh, no. Please, have a sit." 

He put his tray down and looked at me again.

"You're not gonna eat? You want me to get you something?"

He's sweet, he's also handsome, really good looking guy and I can tell from his shirt, he works out. 

"No, I'm fine. I don't feel like eating." I told him.

"Are you sure? I think I saw little muffins over there, I'll go get you some." He was about to stand up but I stopped him.

I held his arm and pull him back to his seat.

"It's fine, David. Really, I'm not hungry." I smiled at him.

His eyes flew to my hand still holding his arm, as soon as I realize it, I pull my hand away.

As I pulled my hand away, my eyes flew to where Alex was seated. And again, to my surprise, she was already looking at me.

I still couldn't read her expression, was it grimace written all over her face? What's wrong with her?

And for the last time, I looked away.

David was a smooth talker, he's funny too.

The whole lunch time I think I was laughing at David's jokes, I actually enjoyed his company and for a moment, I forgot a certain brown eyed girl who has been invading my thoughts since yesterday.

"Shall we go down now?" He asked me looking at his wrist watch.

"Yeah." 

He offered his hand to help me stand up which I accepted.

We were walking together towards the elevator when someone behind us talk.

"Mr. Lopez, I see you enjoyed your lunch." 

And guess who it was.

Alex walked past us and pressed the elevator button.

She turned her back and faced us both.

"I want the proposals for BRC Corporation to be in my Desk in an hour."

I looked at David and could feel he tensed up.

"But Alexandra, it was due by the end of today, we agreed on that yesterday." He tried to reasoned.

But Alex wasn't planning on listening to him.

Before she answers him, she gave me a look.

"I know, but I changed my mind."

When the elevator door opens, we all three went inside, Alex standing at the back and us in front of her. I kept my silence as she seems to be in a bad mood and David still is tense.

"Ask Ms. Cara here, maybe she can help you, you two seems to get along good." She said and I swear I heard disgust in her tone.

I looked back at her with my brows furrowed and my eyes trying to silently ask her. 

As an answer, she mouthed the word "what" trying to play innocent.

As soon as we reached our floor, she excused herself between David and I and head towards her office without looking back.

David did not speak to me but I heard him mutter under his breath "crazy bitch."

I don't know but I secretly laughed at that, she was really being a bitch just now.

I got busy in the afternoon and didn't notice it was already 5'oclock, I just saw my colleagues leaving and bidding their goodbyes.

One of the managers asked me to review and compare some contracts from last year's. One contract alone is 9 to 12 pages long and I intend to finish them all today.

It was I think almost 6'oclock when Alex's door opens, I didn't even notice but Alex spoke and that made me look in her direction.

"What are you still doing here, Ms. Cara?" She was walking towards my table.

I took my gaze back and refocused to what was I doing.

"Just finishing some work." I answered her without looking.

She was just standing in front of my table and didn't say anything more. 

I stopped reading and looked at her again.

"Uhm, do you need anything?"

"Hmm, no."

"Ow-kayyyy."

Before I could return to what was I doing, she spoke again.

"How's your burn?"

Hearing that, I looked down inside my shirt not caring that she was in front of me and could see my breast for the second time.

"Okay, I guess."

"Let me see." She put her bag and her coat on top of my table and pulled one of the chairs and placed it on my side.

She casually turned my chair to face her and just lift up my shirt without even saying anything.

It was so fast that I did not react or even had the chance to refuse or whatsoever.

"Hmm, There's some blisters in your stomach." She said while inspecting my body.

"But it is small, maybe you can buy some cream in the pharmacy to avoid scarring." 

As soon as she's done, she puts down my shirt and I was looking at her dumbfounded.

"Uhmm, what just happened?" I asked her confused.

"What? I saw it already this morning." She answered directly.

"I know... But still..."

"Still what, Ms. Cara?"

I don't want to argue with her as I still have things to finish.

"Nothing." I pulled my chair away from her and get back to my table.

"You can finish it tomorrow, Ms. Cara, whatever it is."

"Cara." I corrected her.

"What?"

"You told me this morning that we are on first name basis so you can call me Cara. Plus, you just saw my breast again for the second time so I guess maybe that earned us to have a dinner sometime." I told her sarcastically.

"Hmm. Good idea. Come on, I know just a place." She stood up and took her things off my table.

I looked at her trying to understand what she just said.

"I was kidding, Alex." I told her.

"Well, I am not. And I'm hungry, I didn't have lunch today. So come on, Chop! Chop!"

Is she really inviting me to have dinner with her?

"Oh, you're serious?" I asked her.

"Yes, so get up, I'm starving!"

"I think I'm gonna pass, I want to finish all these today so that the team can give me new work tomorrow."

I went back to my documents and before I could start again, she puts her stuff back to my table and sat on the same chair. She took some of the documents from the stack I have.

"Ok, what are we doing with these?" She was reading them.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Helping you so that we can have dinner."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 435 55
Being gay is hard. Like really hard. Especially for a socially awkward introvert like Queen, who grew up single for fear of being out there. When Que...
8.4K 539 25
As Rory Bradford, a twenty-four year old woman who had been previously known for her incredible problem solving skills, found herself making the bigg...
40.9K 965 32
(OFFICIAL WATTPAD FANFIC as announced by verified Fanfic Wattpad account) (HIGHEST RANK #3 #caradelevingne - May 2020) Samantha Williams is an introv...
695 25 13
β€’*A GXG TeacherxStudent Fictional Lesbian Storyβ€’ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *A Seductive and Tomboy Lesbian High School Senior Student...