'Why Wouldn't I' [Luwei Cheng]

By Rozielovely

"-your like a book. People read you wrong and misunderstood a few things. " a soft voice filled the silent ai... More

Note ; please read this first
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
[07]
[08]
[10]
[11]
[12]
Epilogue

[09]

1.1K 36 0
By Rozielovely

Things were looking good for these two protagonist. After that event they started to going on simple hangout (date) and slowly their bond grew stronger then before. Truthly, they knew how the other one feel but think it's best they start of slow before making it official.

Two weeks had passed and The tournament was just around the corner.

Everyone was getting pumped up. All fired up, working more stronger then ever.

Like the usual morning [Name] , Cheng and their gang were walking down the street to their park where they usually spend their free time.

Right now, the soon-to-be couple are walking behind their friends. Swinging their interlock fingers. Might even add that Cheng's thumb was rubbing knuckles. Calming here nervous from the event before.

You seen before they to the park. [Name] went to visit her uncle, hearing he was going on a trip in two days. Fearing she might be busy with something soon so she went to visit him early.

She wasn't surprised to see Dre parker there. As her uncle had already informed him about taking him under his wing for training. But oh boy, surely Dre was surprised to see her there. A little awkward was surrounding them. The two were saved by her uncle coming out to see his niece in the room.

[Name] didn't want to think anything bad but she sure did feel tention in the room. She knew it's wasn't because of her. It was because of Cheng. The fact that he was always by her side it had to mean that Dre must have saw them together and immediately thought she might be a red flag.

She was thankful for the protection that her friends gave but she wasn't a little girl any more. Heck , she defeat a bully once by herself when she was 10 years old. Nevertheless, it wasn't like they were going to keep doing it once her news flies out her mouth.

She really didn't want to say anything but did she have a choice? Yes. She didn't but to say it to her grandparents face? No... She wouldn't dare.

A soft pare of lips touched her cheeks brought her back to reality again. She could hear Cheng chuckle from beside her but saw worry swirling in his eyes. In the background their friends shout feeling in around them.

It was like the day of the festival. The day they waltz here. The day they felt like the world was giving peace to them.

"Are you alright, [Name]"

That question, she felt like she was asked it to many times. After nodding [Name] huffed slightly to him gaze not leaving the sight of their friends playing around in the center.

" Your face says otherwise. C'mon what's wrong?" Cheng blocked her view of their joyful friends making all her attention go to him. She hummed swaying their interlock hands.

Not getting an answer he gently held her by the chin and made their forehead touched.

"You know I would never judge you, right?" Cheng muttered. This time the girl huffed abit louder. She wasn't even destress about the situation. See him concerned about her made [Name] like a burden (you are not btw :3 )

"Are you willing to listen?" [Name] said quietly. It was gentle Cheng almost thought as if a glass would break if it increase.

"Of course"

Not another word came out as they were have a small staring contest. It was like a kitten trying to win dominance.

Legs moving, hands being tugged. The two ran to another direction. Their friends voices could be heard in the back ground, it was slowly fading as they were further away.

Feets moving quickly in one direction. Chuckle and giggles slip through the air as they advance.

" [Name] where are we going?" Cheng ask now speed walking beside the girl. His heart flutter getting the usual bright and gentle smile in return.

"I don't know... I just want to forget about the world for a moment..." She sighed. Cheng felt a tugged at heart hearing this. Fearing the worse he shrugged it off and began to be the one to drag her this time.

"Well if that's what you want... Then allow me to be guide you , my lady butterfly" Cheng said with a cheeky grind. The two fell in another giddy feeling as they always do when they was near one another.

They did so much that day. Eat , walking dance , they didn't want the fun to stop but everyone knows not everything can last for ever.

Blue sky shifting it's calming into light orange and light tawny color.

Walking along the street hand in hand as it sways back and forward. Comfort silence was around them , even at the end of the day the smile on their faces never left.

Stopping near the park Cheng had his back laid on a tree as he turned his full attention to the girl. [Name] chuckle , eyes staring forward into space as their interlock hands were still intact. A thumb rubbed her knuckles softly, bringing her back to reality as she was great with a warm smile. [Name] smile back in return but it faltered slightly when she saw concerned and worried swirling in his eyes. She sighed in defeat. It was the end of the day, they had their fun but now it's time to confess.

"You know, I really don't mind doing that all again, if it's with you." Cheng said gently lifting their hands to kiss her knuckles softly. A bright red flushed spawn on their cheeks. "But, [Name] I need to know... What the matter... What's happening soon..."

Another sigh came , it was time. No more hiding it. She just hope there was still light for them in the future.

"I'm... Moving to the American state soon..."

Silence never felt more louder then before. It felt uncomfortable. The grip on her hand felt tighter slightly. [Name] shut her eyes fearing when he might say. Words can hurt to you know. Hearing a heavy sigh beside her , she let her shoulders drop. Cheng's eyes were glued to their chain hands , now both interlocking.

"When...?" He asked, gaze not moving. [Name] mutter out the day after his tournament. A frown slap itself onto his face.

He was already planning everything for that day. He and his friends had been busy for the tournament they haven't had a day for themselves lately nor with their little butterfly but now... Cheng felt like his throat had a tight grip on it. Everything was going so well... Why did it had to go this way. Everything was going perfect. His friends help, his parents and cousins encouragement... Cheng was going to-

A hand rest itself on his right cheek. Slowly rubbing it. This calm him a little, letting out a shaky breath. His eyes glance back at the familiar (E/C) he always felt lost in.

"Why..." He mutter.

"... grandpa thought it's best for me to start fresh, reaching out to his old friend, a nephew of his friend is an art teacher of a well known school there. He thinks we should move there and grandma agree with him. I tried to talk them out of it.. but... I- I just..." A small tear escape being followed by a few more. Slowly bringing the girl into an embrace, Cheng shushed the girl and rubbed her back , comforting her.

"I already lost them...I don't want to be away from you all..." Hearing her broken voice brought a crack in his heart. He couldn't stand watching the girl he love being in this state but he also knew he had no power to change her grandparents mind.

" Hey, no matter what happens or how far we will be... Me and the rest will always be there for you. By spirit, physical or not. Just give a word and we're there."

[Name] cry slow down to little sniffles. Hearing those words help hear abit. For now at least. She would be counting the day to arrive unknowingly Cheng did the same.

As the two made it to her house. The doors were already open as her grandparents are in the living room.

Moving to a different direction, Cheng was about to march back to his home, seeing as his mother phone his a few times.

A hand tugged him back to his previous view. No sounds came out as his lips were met with another soft pare of one. Eyes closing slowly. The two cherish the moment as it would be their last.

Pulling away [Name] was set in a small daze as Cheng looked down at her with a goofy smile. This brought her a giggle fit.
Cheng smile warmly seeing the sight.

He gave her another kiss , but on the forehead. [Name] let out a small squeak of embarrass and surprised. To which he found adorable.

"Remember no matter what happens, just say the words and we are right the for you... Me especially" Cheng said.

"You promise you would...?" She muttered. The world around them felt to good to be true. They didn't want this to be the path.

" Why wouldn't I?" Cheng chuckle, before placing another kiss on her forehead. As she did to him by the cheek. Finally letting go he made his way home. Both let out a shaky breath. It was such a ride of emotion, such a big obstacle. They just hope that this path wasn't a dead end for their story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.8K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
101K 2.7K 21
For years, you stood by him and his crush on Meiying out of a sense of duty as his best friend. You knew that Cheng, rough and raw, would undoubtedly...
51.3K 1.2K 21
"Dandelions" explores the challenges that come with vulnerability and the fear of letting go. Like dandelions that sway in the wind, their relationsh...
19.2K 645 31
It's just a typical week in the BAU, until they are invited to work on a case involving the death of older women and their conditions. When this cas...