Act like my wife

By EstherAshar

Veronica is a sex worker. One night, she is sent to the home of The Ruthless Mafia boss, Don Patrizio. After... More

1. Locked
2. The client
3. Bella
4. Welcome to Córdoba
5. Deal or no deal?
Author's note
6. Jealous client
7. Trouble in paradise
8. Don Patrizio
Author's note
9. Little Miss Perfect
10. The games we play
11. Old tricks
12. Miserable
13. The angel of death
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT🔊📢
15. If the walls could talk
16. Separation
17. Journey back home
18. Enemy Territory
19. Rose🌹
Author's note. / To my beloved Readers
20. Big secrets
21. The heir
22. Felicia
23. The package
24. Quintus Cicero
💝Special Chapter💖Meet the characters
25. I love you too ♥️
26. Our family
27. Kidnapped
28. Perfect
29. Questions
Quick update (A/N)
30. Buttons
31. Playing their game
32. Punching bag
Author's note:To my mom🕊🕊🕊
33. The New Don
33. Sister in Spain🇪🇸
34. Blood and Betrayal
35. Father and son
36. Angelus
37. The devil stole my face
38. Meeting Her
39. Deadly reunion
40. A mother's pain
41. Dearest madre

14. Sooner or later

1.1K 31 9
By EstherAshar

The banging on the door seemed to worsen Patrizio's state. He held his head with both hands. "Madre, Per favore! I've got a terrible headache." He yelled, but his mom didn't stop.

I got up and headed for the door. I unlocked it and swung it open. "Your son is trying to sleep, Mamma-"

"Oh don't call me that!" Her hands were on her waist, and she was breathing fire out of her nostrils. Her auburn hair matched the night dress she had on. And standing beside her was Hannah; I wonder what this little witch must have told her. "Patrizio! Come out here, figlio!" She tried to push her way in but I stood in her way.

"He is unable to talk at the moment, Mamma"

"I said don't call me that, puttana! You got my son drunk so he can sleep with you, figlia di Jezebel e Dalila. Get out of this room!" She pushed me out of her way and ran to her son's bedside, with Hannah right behind her.

Patrizio massaged his forehead and gently opened his eyes. "Why are you yelling, Mamma?" He spoke in a whisper.

"Amelia told me everything. This puttana got you drunk so that she can have her way with you, but your Mamma is here to protect you." She caressed his hair and glared at me.

Patrizio squinted his eyes toward Hannah. "Amelia? Hannah is Amelia?"

"Sí, figlio, she came from Italy to take care of you and make you fall in love with her, but instead, you pick up another woman."

At this point, Patrizio was fully awake. He stood up from the bed and towered over his mom. "First of all, let's get something straight, Madre: Veronica did not get me drunk... She doesn't need to get me drunk for me to sleep with her"
I must have turned red like a tomato when he said that. Even his mom was a bit uncomfortable with his revelation, but he didn't seem to care. "Secondly, Hannah, or Amelia... you're fired. I never want to see your lying face in my house again."

His mom broke down in crocodile tears. "Mio figlio, how can you say that to Amelia? She loves you dearly."

"I don't care! And if you pull this sort of stunt again, I will ban you from coming to my house, ever."

"Then I'll leave your house!" She held onto Amelia's hand. "If Amelia goes, I will go and never come back."

Patrizio was taken aback. "Ma, don't do this"

"Make your choice, figlio!"

He stayed silent for a few seconds before he replied. "I will miss you, Madre. Have a safe trip home". Then, he casually returned to his bed and lay back down.

His mom was dumbstruck. She walked out with Amelia. If they could shoot me with their eyes, I'd have been dead a long time ago.

***

Two days later:

I was surprised to see Patrizio's mom still in the house, especially since Amelia had left the previous day. I thought she'd leave with her desired 'daughter-in-law', but nah. Certainly, she would not want to leave her son's house for a 'puttana' like me.

"Pass me the carrots, s'il vous plait." I stretched my right hand toward Rosario. She didn't look happy, as always. She hates when I boss her around, but what can she do? Nothing.

The kitchen is filled with the aroma of my special Albondigas soup. I figured I'd make something for Gio and Patrizio for when they return. I didn't see Patrizio when I woke up in the morning, he had gone out early with his son. Due to Gio's incident a couple of days back, Patrizio thought it'd be best to keep him out of school for a few days.

"Mamma!" Gio ran into the kitchen and hugged my legs.

I chuckled. "Mio Gio... welcome home baby boy." I bent down and kissed his cute little face. "Now, Mamma needs to finish cooking"

He tugged on my dress. "Come out to the living room, papa has a gift for you".

"Fine, fine". I left the knife on the chopping board with the carrots I had been slicing. And rinsed my hands in the sink, before joining him to go see the gift from his papa...
I stopped in my tracks when I saw her. "Bella?" There She was, my little princess in Patrizio's arms. She looked so pretty in her pink dress and shoes, and a tiara! "Bella!!" I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

"Mommy!" She got down from Patrizio's hold and ran to meet me. I lifted her off the floor and hugged her tightly. I kissed her nonstop and inhaled her scent. Her skin is radiant, her blonde hair is shiny and beautiful. Her eyes look happy and her clothes are spotless. She looks so well taken care of.

"My Bella" I kissed her for the gazillionth time. "I missed you so much, mija." It felt like a dream. I didn't want to let her go, but I eventually placed her on the floor, and she ran back to Patrizio. He had Gio on one arm, but he happily carried her with his other arm.

"Uncle Patrizio!" She acknowledged him with a bright smile, and he kissed her cheek.

"Uncle Patrizio?" I focused on Patrizio.

He grinned bashfully. "I used to visit her every day. Uncle Patrizio is Mommy's friend, isn't he Bella?"

"Yes!" Bella sang.

He sat down on the sofa and placed the two children beside him. Gio and Bella were playing together like they have known each other forever. The joy I felt in my heart at that moment was too overwhelming.

Rosario appeared from the kitchen. "Signora, sorry to interrupt, but your food..."  She forced a smile on her face, but I could tell that she wanted to roll her eyes and retch at the same time.

I returned with her to the kitchen and continued preparing the food.

What more could I ask for? My daughter is in the next room playing with the son of the man I love. They are like brother and sister.

About 30 minutes later, we were seated at the dining table and enjoying our meal: Patrizio, me, Gio, and Bella. Like one big happy family, I've never seen the kids so happy. Back when I worked for Chris, I barely had time for Bella, but I promised myself to give her all the attention she needs. Gio is certainly not left out.

"May we join you?"

We all turned towards the entrance of the dining room, to see Patrizio's mom standing there with his dad. Her eyes held remorse and tears. His dad's expression was stoic as he observed me with keen eyes. The blackness of his suit could be seen from a mile away, as opposed to his wife's peach dress.

"Sure. I cooked more than enough food, come eat with us." I got up and welcomed them.

His mom hugged me. I didn't expect it so soon, but I was glad that we could finally put the past behind us. I pulled out a chair for her, and she sat next to her son while I moved down to the next seat. I carried Bella on my lap and fed her. Rosario served them their plates and we all ate together.

***

  I tucked Bella into her crib next to Gio's bed. He insisted on having his sister sleep in his room. The love he shows her makes me so happy.

I gently closed the door to not wake them, then I made my way to Patrizio's bedroom. But I was surprised to meet a certain someone standing in the hallway...

"Mamma?" I greeted her with a smile.
The awkward silence between us could cut through steel. "Do you need anything? Water?"

"Bravo," She said in a low voice. "Bringing your bastard child to gain sympathy from my son was brilliant, but you're yet to know who you're messing with." She folded her hands on her chest.

"Bastard child? How dare you?"

"Oh please, stop all this poppycock. I will expose your lies, Veronica Russo. Sooner or later"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 12.2K 39
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...
294K 6.7K 63
*Some scenes include physical abuse* Hope Ficci is a 19 year old girl from New York. One night away with her best friend reveals secrets that she has...
2K 43 15
‼️WARNING‼️ 🔞Don't read if not above 18 or sensitive to sexual content 🔞 Francesca Knight At the young age of 13, on her birthday her father kille...
1.3M 37.4K 32
Anita Lopez is a fresh high school graduate. With a sick mother on a hospital bed, she has to take two jobs to make enough money so she can pay all t...