COTE: The Mad Demon

By Kagenou_Pooch

In this story, one teenager, who died in an unknown death, was suddenly transported in a domain that judges t... More

Chapter 1 - Punishment or Reincaration?
Chapter 2 - Contribution
Chapter 3 - School Rules
Chapter 4 - SLAP!
Chapter 5 - Glimpse of the Past
Chapter 6 - Book Buddy
Chapter 7 - Swimming Class
Chapter 8 - Being Mediocre Isn't Enough
Chapter 9 - Bet
Chapter 10 - A Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 11 - Poking The Sleeping Dragon
Chapter 12 - Deal With The Devil
Chapter 13 - Forgiveness
Chapter 14 - Little Girl
Chapter 15 - Farewell...
Chapter 16 - How Mischievous
SS Yuki Himeno: First Meeting
SS Shiina Hiyori: First Meeting
Chapter 18 - Apology
Chapter 19 - House of Cards
Chapter 20 - Class C
Chapter 21 - Class B
Chapter 22 - Fantasy
Chapter 23 - The Witness
Chapter 24 - Patronage
Chapter 25 - There's Something Hidden
Chapter 26 - Deja Vu
Chapter 27 - Amigo

Chapter 17 - Unexpected Incident

1.1K 46 4
By Kagenou_Pooch

Okuma POV

A week has passed since we passed the exam. We faced several difficulties, but managed to overcome them. Though, neither Koenji nor I did enough contribution to this class. Not that I care anyway.

And now for the long awaiting highlight of this day. We can now receive private points and use it to our hearts desires. Even if it is a meager amount of points, it is still better than having nothing.

Though when the month ends, usually, the points will instantly deposit to our accounts depending on the number of Class points, right? The time for homeroom was already near but we still didn't receive our private points.

And it seems that I'm not the only one who faced this issue. Because right now, my classmates' faces are filled with worries like the time from May 1st. 

Which means an unknown incident happened again. Well, it's not really unknown to me since I already knew what incident it is.

As I thought about the situation in my head. Chabashira-sensei entered the room, who strode towards the podium.

"Sensei, what happened to our points?". A boy named Ike asked her a question, which then followed by another, then by another. Until a domino effect has been taken place, asking her the same type of questions over and over again.

"Calm down, if you're talking about your private points, I will discuss about it right now". She said as she puts down her stuff on the table.

"Now, regarding the points for this month, it will be delayed until a certain problem is resolved". Chabashira-sensei replied.

"If it is a technical issue, then shouldn't we receive some compensation for it?". Ike asked grumpily.

"It depends on the situation, Ike. Rest assured that the points will be sent to each of your accounts immediately if the problem is resolved".

Without anything to say, Ike and the others shut their mouths up while Chabashira-sensei continued the homeroom as usual.

===

Ayanokouji POV

After the class in the morning, lunchtime arrived. Lunchtime is the time where many people huddled together with their group of friends to chat and have fun with each other.

As for me, however, there are some people that I can't really say that they are my friends, like Kushida and the Idiot Trio. Although, I joined with Idiot Trio more often, it seems like our friendship is still in the flatline. The same is true with Kushida. But I can say that the closest connection I formed here in this classroom is Horikita, unfortunately.

"I bet you're thinking something bad about me, Ayanokouji-kun". She said with a slight glare.

"No I'm not. I replied in a blink of an eye.

Not minding the way I reply, she continued. "Aren't you so pathetic that you are still here, hoping that other people took notice of your request joining lunch with you?".

Ouch. She's hitting my sore spot.

"What about you? Why are you still alone?". I countered, hoping to make a comeback.

"That is totally fine with me." She replied with no agitation. "As if I care about about other people who drags me down".

"But aren't you the one who is responsible why you are placed here?". Is what I wanted to say to her. However, I'm not wishing for my death yet. That's why I just decided to be silent at her response. 

After that, I look around at other people. And that's where I noticed two particular people. Okuma Ikuto and Koenji Rokusuke.

It seems that they are talking about something, that's why I decided to observe them.

"Hey, Koenji. Let's go to the cafeteria".

"Did you make my lunch". Koenji asked him, still looking on his hand mirror.

He looked at his behavior with annoyance before replying to him. "I already did. So you want to go?".

"Sure. Just make sure that the food you'd serve is fit to the perfect existence like me. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!".

Ignoring Koenji's hearty laugh, Okuma looked his bento in hesitation. "But still, the food I made is still too much for us. I should ask for another person. Is that okay for you?".

"I can let them join. As long as they were not being an eyesore to me".

He then looked around the classroom as he landed his sights on me. I then immediately averted my eyes, just so that I won't assume that he will ask me.

However, while I deny that he will ask me for lunch, I can't help but feel that his steps sounds nearer and nearer.

After that, he stopped while I felt a shadow covering my entire body. And when I look at the side, it is none other than Okuma who was covering me with his shadow.

"Want to join lunch with us, Ayanokouji? It's my treat". He asked me, displaying the bento on his hand.

"Uh, are you sure?". I asked hesitantly.

"Of course, even Koenji said that he won't mind". He said, pointing his thumb towards Koenji's direction.

Well, I don't mind free food at all. Besides, I'm very lacking in points since I used it to save Sudou. Moreover, I could learn more what Okuma and Koenji did whenever they are eating lunch.

"Well, please take care of me".

"Good, now pack up your things because we will now go to the cafeteria". 

I then grabbed my bag and walked out to the classroom with three of us in tow. Eventually, we reached the cafeteria.

===

When we took our seat, Okuma took out a big bento box. Which is more bigger than an average bento box.

And when he opened it, it consist of rice, tempura, homemade sushi, and a homemade sauce for both the tempura and sushi.

"Itidakimasu".

When I took a taste of it, it tastes so delicious. While the outer texture of the tempura is crispy, the inside is so soft and tasty that it is already good without a sauce. But when I dipped it with the homemade sauce, the taste become more exquisite. The tempura won't able to release it's full potential if it is not paired with sauce.

And as for the sushi, the meat is tender. And when it is dipped with sauce, it became more tastier than before.

"Such delicacy. This can't be compared to what this school has to offer".

At Koenj's comment, I can't help but nod in agreement. Compared to the school's most expensive dishes, this is top-tier.

Curious about something, I asked Okuma. "By the way, I'm curious why did you cook for Koenji?".

"That's because I somehow lost to him". He replied in annoyance.

" 'Somehow'? You mean you 'definitely' lost?". Koenji grinned at him with ridicule.

He then glared at Koenji, as if he want beat him up. "Shut up if you don't want to die".

"Umm, is it a bet?". I asked him in curiosity.

"...Yeah".

Well, that's the first time I heard about it.

"If you don't mind me asking, what games did you two play?".

Okuma looked at his surroundings before he whispers at me. "We did a drinking competition".

Drinking? Doesn't that usually involves alcohol?

"Isn't that illegal?".

"We're just drinking wine with high alcohol content".

Oh, well wines are not really concentrated with alcohol, so it's not really illegal to drink it.

"So, did you last long?".

"...". No reply was coming out from his mouth. And for some reason, a grave expression started to form on his face.

"Nevermind". Through his silence, I can say that he lost immediately.

After that, I chatted with Okuma after eating lunch. As for Koenji, well, he is still looking at his hand mirror, admiring his reflection, I guess.

And before we noticed, lunch already ended. We then decided to pick our bag and proceeded towards our classroom for the afternoon classes.

===

Okuma POV

After the classes this afternoon ended, Chabashira-sensei immediately entered the classroom. She is calling a particular student in this room.

"Sudou, you are asked to go to the teacher's lounge. This is important".

"Wha- ?! But I still have club activities to attend to!". Sudou, surprised that he was called, told her that he was busy.

"Don't worry about that". Sensei assured him. "I already talked with your club advisor about it. If you don't want to visit the teacher's lounge, it's fine. However, it's an order from the school, so it's better to follow their instructions, or else, there will be unimaginable consequences".

If an incident has something to do with him, that's not really surprising. Considering his personality, one incident can't change a person's personality immediately, after all.

However, she wasn't done. As she was staring at my direction. "And you too, Okuma Ikuto, you must also join with Sudou after school".

"...What?" I tilted my head as I ask with disbelief. I mean, what did I even do?

As she mentions my name, all of my classmates are looking at me, as if asking, "What troubles did he make again?" through their faces.

Maybe I can find the answer to my question later this afternoon.

===

The school session for this afternoon has finally come to an end. And to resolve the issue for private points, I proceeded towards the school lounge with Sudou.

Even though we walk side by side, we didn't talk, or should I say, I don't have interest in talking him, as I was mulling over on what I did to deserve this.

Unable to bear the silence, Sudou nervously started the conversation. "So, how did you get called by the school?". He asked.

"How should I know?" I replied to him. Cutting off the conversation short.

At my answer, Sudou was forced to keep his mouth shut, avoiding on making the atmosphere more awkward than it should be.

As we continue to walk on the silent hallway, we finally reached our destination. I decided to knock on the door and waited for the person on the other side of the door to open it.

-Click

With the sound of the doorknob getting opened, we are greeted by our dear sensei's stern face. 

"You may enter".

As we entered the room, there are already four people inside. One person wore a professional suit while the rest are wearing school uniforms.

Looking at those students, it looks like they were beaten up pretty badly.

"Let's get straight to the point. Sudou, are you the one who first started the fight with these Class C students?" Chabashira-sensei asked.

"What do you mean?! These guys are the one who started first!" Sudou roared.

"Is that true?" She asked the Class C students.

However, they didn't back down. "That's not true! Look at our injuries! Do you think we would start a fight when he finished the fight unscathed?". He said, flailing around his injuries. I hope that he could move his arm strongly so that his arm would be dislocated.

"You liar!". When Sudou was about to stand up, he immediately breathed in and out slowly before he took his seat back.

In his actions, I can't help but feel surprised in this development.

Chabashira-sensei then looked at me. "Then how about you, Okuma. Are you also involved in this incident?".

"Why the hell am I involved in this squabble? Hell, I didn't even know what's happening right now". I said with a disgruntled tone.

"Because you also beat us up!".

I raised my brow at his response, "How so?".

"By... Huh?"

As he was about to say his reason, he was silent for awhile, even after a good while minute.

Not waiting for his reply, I immediately aksed him. "What's wrong?".

He then responded. "To be honest, we really didn't remember how".

"...Are you serious?". I questioned him, not believing on what I'm hearing. Is he just spouting bullshit?

"But we are totally sure that he is somehow involved. Right guys?". He said, asking the two beside him.

"I agree".

"I definitely think so".

Yeah, I started to think they are spouting bullshit.

"It seems that both sides won't admit that they are in the wrong". Chabashira-sensei interjected.

"With no evidence to base on, we have no choice but to continue it next Tuesday through a trial. But remember, if you lie during the trials, there will be great consequences, especially when you guys tried to involve the school". Chabashira-sensei warned, highlighting the significance of this case.

"That's all and you're all dismissed. All of you can now leave the room".

TO BE CONTINUED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.4K 36
Waking together on a bus the archons of anemo, geo and electro find themselves in a world not of their own. Without control of their elements and the...
26.2K 685 6
š™Žš™š™¤š™§š™© š™Øš™©š™¤š™§š™žš™šš™Ø š™–š™—š™¤š™Ŗš™© š˜¼š™®š™–š™£š™¤š™ š™¤š™Ŗš™Ÿš™ž š™†š™žš™®š™¤š™©š™–š™ š™– Ɨ š™†š™–š™§š™Ŗš™žš™Æš™–š™¬š™– š™†š™šš™ž. š‘Øš‘¼ š’”š’•š’š’“š’Šš’†š’” | š‘Ŗš’š’‚š’”š’”š’“š’š’š’Ž š‘¶š’‡...
37.5K 1K 14
God made a mistake and gave a young man a rule-free wish. "I want to go to Classroom Of The Elite" And so the adventure of this young man starts, wil...
8.8K 214 9
This is a story where the class leaders and a few characters work at an agency as spies. I do not own any characters in the story, all credit goes to...