Kiths

By Wombat_Cosmogonal

Izuku Yagi was part of a family like any other, happy and healthy. Along with his sister, the two were though... More

Author's note [Skippable]
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Crash
Chapter 3 - Estrangement & Riven minds
Chapter 4 - Perceived
Chapter 5 - Gone
Chapter 6 - Regret
Chapter 7 - A meeting of the minds
Chapter 8 - Entrance
Chapter 9 - Selfhood
Chapter 10 - The first of many
Chapter 11 - Demonstration
Chapter 12 - Nightowl
Chapter 13 - Vigilant v. Vigilante
Chapter 15 - Fulmination
Chapter 16 - Audience
Concert #1 [Skippable]
Chapter 17 - USJ
Chapter 18 - Insurgents
Chapter 19 - One to the next
Chapter 20 - Combat
Chapter 21 - Frozen over
Chapter 22 - Fracture
Chapter 23 - A name for themselves
Chapter 24 - Grime
Chapter 25 - Shaken
Concert #2 [Skippable]
Chapter 26 - Interview
Chapter 27 - Dichotomy
Chapter 28 - Stampede
Chapter 29 - Superimposed
Chapter 30 - Demised
Chapter 31 - Unstable
Concert #3 [Skippable]
Chapter 32 - Vigilant v. Vigilante III
Chapter 33 - Premonition
Chapter 34 - Shock
Chapter 35 - Incrimination
Chapter 36 - Incoming
Chapter 37 - Reunion
[Extended] Chapter 38 - Overhaul v. Fist
Chapter 39 - Blaze
Chapter 40 - Caught up
Chapter 41 - Pathway
Chapter 42 - Clash of the minds
Chapter 43 - Tear
Chapter 44 - Chase
Chapter 45 - Prelude
Chapter 46 - Signs of Culmination
Chapter 47 - Hand-to-Hand
Chapter 48 - Open mind
Chapter 49 - Last chains
[Extended] Chapter 50 - The Finale
Gallery
Gallery Part 2

Chapter 14 - Vigilant v. Vigilante II

1K 34 5
By Wombat_Cosmogonal

Ah! A new day another day at UA. Another day I spend sitting on my chair ominously while generating income you would never hope to achieve.

The nice aroma of tea fills my office I scroll through the news for today, let's see here:

"The true salary of Japan's number one hero!" - yeah good luck guessing a non-existent number.

"Vigilantes still wander the streets!" - they've used 40 different synonyms for roam in the past 2 months, how are they still standing?

"The mysteries that reside in UA!" - now this is interesting, there are a couple of rumors on-

*knock* *knock*

I immediately set myself back upright and put my cup of tea down, "come in."

In comes the vanguard of the hero course, Shota Aizawa.

"Aizawa! What can I inquire about your visit?"

"Good morning principal Nezu, there's a case in the police department that's been grilling our heads for a while now, and we're asking for your free time."

"Is this related to your distractions lately?... but I have been pretty busy doing nothing, so I'll be glad to come down this evening," I responded.

"Great, I'll see you at the station later today..."

"Wait!" I reached out before he exited through the door.

"What is it?"

"Could you take me with you tonight? My car is in service right now... and public transport was a nightmare," I pleaded.

"*sigh* Fine, I'll stay in today."

12 hours later it was time to leave.

Eraserhead brought me down in his car and we then came into the detective's office, Detective Tsukauchi was intensely looking at his computer.

"Detective, I've brought Nezu," Eraserhead said.

Tsukauchi shot up from his seat and greeted me, "Thank you for coming down to the station today, would you like some Tea?" "No thanks, as much as I appreciate the offer I would love to know what made you ask me of all people to come down," I replied.

"Well it's a vigilante case, but they're acting a lot differently than others do," Tsukauchi said.

My interest is peaking.

"They still commit acts of vigilantism but they also do something else..."

"What is that?" I asked.

"They save suicidal kids."

Silence filled the room for a couple of seconds, as the subject is so sensitive to any living being.

"Please elaborate," I broke the ice.

"Let me fill you in," Eraserhead said.

Eraserhead explained to me this new vigilante, "Fist," and everything they do. They already had about 7 cases under them with villains that had brutal bruises on their bodies, and they also reportedly saved 6 children from ending their own lives. He managed to confront them once in the last week, and it ended with them escaping, but it confirmed that they were a threat to even a pro hero. Eraserhead also expressed his frustration about the vigilante's age. It sometimes sounded like a teen and sometimes like an adult, it never has been one. And, of course, an unknown quirk, although it seems to be a physical enhancement or telekinesis.

"Well well well, this sounds like a fun case," I said.

"The only other contact they had with us was the note they left behind on a drug ring meeting," Tsukauchi said.

"How did that go?"

"It was stopped and all the leaders were arrested with minimal casualties, but it was quite a small organization... still... I have no idea how they found out about them, nevertheless where they would host a meeting," Tsukauchi answers.

I took a glance at the wall where all the pins and pictures were put up against the city map. "Any news on the kid?" I asked. "No, he's still missing."

I flinched at what I just said.

Aizawa is not stupid, if he notices that the principal of UA has the same interest in a hero agent's child as the detective is saying because he's a close friend, then there is definitely something suspicious going on.

I'll hope for the best and just casually move on.

"Where was the vigilante last sighted?" I tried my best to say it without a shaky breath.

*slam*

"DETECTIVE! DETECTIVE! FIST WAS SEEN!" An officer yelled as he slammed the door open.

God bless your soul officer, you've saved me from a painful explanation.

"Where and When?" Eraserhead immediately asked.

"The Office building 3 blocks north! This was 3 minutes ago!"

Eraserhead immediately ran out of the room, and I followed him.

As soon as we got out of the station, I pulled Eraserheads leg to get his attention.

"Eraserhead. While I am not as physically capable, I am still a pro hero so I would like you to take me with you" I said in a serious tone. He just nodded and placed me on his shoulder before we tarzaned our way to the third block.

In less than 4 minutes, we arrived at the office building and sure enough, I could see a small pair of legs at the roof's edge.

"Let's take the stairs," I said to Aizawa.

Thus we went into the building and headed for the main stairs, luckily if there is one thing that UA teachers will never fail at, it's climbing stairs.

Even faster than before, Aizawa got to the 20th floor in 2 minutes, a new record.

"This is the door to the roof, we need to do this carefully," Aizawa said.

*creak*

With the most subtle of movements, we opened the door to see the black cloak on the edge of the roof.

"A splendid night don't you think? Eraserhead?"

"Shit, they noticed us," Aizawa said and got into his battle stance.

I stepped back and started to pay attention to everything Fist is going to do.

Suddenly put both their hands on their head, "No, stop, not now"

"I get it- this is an opportunity but please-"

Then Fist stood still for a few seconds, and stood up from the ledge.

As Fist got up, they were hunched back and their arms stayed straight as they cocked their head slightly to the side.

They suddenly looked like a beast.

"I see you brought a rat to watch, now... LET'S START!"

That was not the voice from before, this tone is much harsher and much more violent.

Fist charged forward, Aizawa stayed back and pulled back his scarf. Fist lunged forward and Aizawa sidestepped to catch them in his capture weapon, at the same time activating his quirk. "Give it up Fist" "YOU SHOULDN'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!" Fist bellowed as they grabbed Aizawa's scarf and started to pull it toward him. Aizawa seems to know this however and follows through to take the legs out under them with a swift kick.

This should be over now, they're on the floor in Aizawa's bindings- "HAHAHHAHA!"

"THIS IS... A LOT OF FUN!"

T-They're picking themselves up, not even Aizawa seems to know how they can stand up with all the force on them. This tenacity...

"C'MON PUNCH ME!" they yelled as they were back on their feet.

Aizawa stood still.

"HMPF, THEN I WILL!"

Fist then ran to Aizawa after ripping the scarf off him. Aizawa had to blink and deactivated his quirk, but I don't think much will change.

Aizawa keeps jumping back and Fist keeps charging forward. Any punch they throw Aizawa dogged with extreme caution, but they're keeping up an endless assault. Every time they miss I can almost feel them getting angrier. Now- "GOTCHA!" *punch*

Aizawa didn't jump back far enough and Fist closed the distance in an instant. Delivering their punch to Aizawa's ribs and sending him back a few meters. *cough* *cough* Aizawa is spitting blood... This is extremely dangerous.

A vigilante is troublesome to deal with for sure, but one of this caliber, one of the strengths to force a pro hero like Eraserhead to spit blood after a single punch...

This was the guy who saved those kids? I have a hard time believing it. Their speech would never be able to serve the same quality as a therapist, those words are full of rage, like a monster. If anything, their speed and all other physical capabilities are too extraordinary- "Has the rat finished watching?"

"Wha-"

They picked me up. I didn't even notice them behind me.

"*cough* NO!" Aizawa yelled.

I can see the cars below, Fist is holding me by my shirt at the edge of a building.

"HAH! This got you speaking a little bit louder didn't it?"

"Who the hell made you do this Fist?!" Aizawa said to gain time.

"Who? Hah! I think his name was Yagi.."

What? How is All Might's family involved in this- WAH THEIR HAND IS SHAKING!

They're flinching, they're shaking and I don't feel safe about it!

"Don't say it" I heard them say subtly but I'm struggling to maintain balance!

"run..."

"YAH!" *CRASH*

"NEZU NOOO!"

Aizawa ran to see over the edge that Nezu was thrown while Fist ran away. There he saw nothing over the edge... nothing.

"AIZAWA!" a voice yelled to him from the room below. "N-Nezu you're still here!?"

"Yes! They threw me through the window of the office, don't lose sight of them!"

"They're gone, there is no way I can catch up in my condition now."

We stood still as we accepted the reality that we couldn't catch them again for now.

"Yagi..." I spoke to myself

"What's the connection?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 9.3K 40
With his dreams shattered and his future seeming to be lost, Izuku Midoriya runs. He ran away from police custody before they even knew what to do wi...
31.7K 956 18
Izuku Midoriya was a typical kid in the quirk-filled world. Having a few close friends and living life despite only having a mother to support him, h...
81.5K 2.3K 27
Izuku, a sweet little boy who wishes to be a hero and... Blah blah blah. You already know all of that, why should I repeat myself? Izuku's mom passed...
26.2K 1.4K 20
One jump, one adive, was it really the answer to the problem? Sure it was worth giving a try but would god really answer the prayers? Izuku Midoriya...