His Ignorant Lover ✓

By Namas48

••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💥Character Aesthetics💥
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Happy Together
💟Bonus Chapter 1💟
💟Bonus Chapter 2💟
💟Bonus Chapter 3💟
🌸 Epilogue 🌸
💟 Nihaan Family Moments 💟

Chapter 38

1.9K 73 54
By Namas48

Ruhaan stopped the car in front of her house. It was already evening and the sun was about to set, giving the sky an orange hue. He took a deep breath to calm himself and came out. He pushed the bell. How he wished she would open the gate. To see her face and tell her everything which he did in ignorance and apologize. He wanted to let her know that he too had fallen in love with her.

After a while, the gate unlocked and Nisha's mother appeared.

Her confused expression turned into a scowl. "You? What are you doing here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Where is Nisha?" He asked, looking behind her inside the house.

"Don't take my daughter's name from your tongue. And get lost!" She glared at him but had to keep her voice low since the neighbors could hear them.

"She is my wife... She is inside, right?" He inquired.

"Wife? She isn't your wife. You tricked her. She doesn't even want to see your face. She wants a divorce from you," Tabinda muttered and shoved his arm.

Ruhaan sighed. "I was not aware of anything which happened between our fathers. And I am remorseful for what I did and even what my father did. I want to talk to her. Tell her to come out," he said, truthfully. His eyes still going around to find her.

If he wanted, he would have barge inside but he didn't want to make things more difficult. He was here for forgiveness and reconciliation and actions like this would make everything worse.

"She doesn't need any explanation from you. You are as deceitful and a liar as your father. Leave my daughter alone. What do you want from her now? You got what you wanted, now what else do you need? Don't hurt her further with your lies. She needs nothing but divorce from you," Tabinda retorted in disgust.

Ruhaan clenched his jaw in anger. He knew his Nisha could never do that. She loved him so much. He had seen immense love in her eyes for him. He had noticed the way she used to sound like she would die whenever he said he would not talk to her or meet her anymore. How could the same girl ask for a divorce from him? Surely her mother had injected her hatred into Nisha as well and this woman would be behind this wish of her.

"Let me hear this from her then. Don't forget she is my wife," he warned. He looked behind her and still found the house empty. "Nisha! Nisha!"

"She is not at home. And now go away." Tabinda pushed his chest.

Ruhaan raised his brow. "Where is she?"

"I am not obligated to answer you. Get lost or else I will call the police," Tabinda this time yelled.

Ruhaan frowned at her, controlling himself from lashing out. A part of him laughed at her police warning which could do anything against him but she was a victim too.

Yet one can't deny she always thought that a person could never change. She did the same with his Daddy when he was genuine with his apology and now as well.

"It was all a misunderstanding, Aunt. And I will meet my wife to clear myself whether you like it or not," he mumbled sternly and then left for his car, leaving Tabinda simmering in anger.

              ________________________

"So are you planning to take divorce from him?" Zoya asked her, giving her a momentary glance while driving.

They were returning after everything went well with Zoya's Aunt's meeting and she agreed on having Nisha as her daughter's tutor. Nisha had told Zoya everything once she discussed her wish for a job with her.

"I am. I don't want to stay his wife anymore," she replied.

"And what if he wouldn't give divorce?" Zoya reasoned.

Nisha smiled bitterly. "Why wouldn't he? He got what he wanted from me. And the fact that he never reached me after I told my grandmother about my decision to divorce proves it was all a game of power, money, and revenge for him. You know Zoya when I overheard him and Dadi, there wasn't any remorse on his face. He never uttered anything in his defense and I hate myself for falling prey to a deceit like him."

Zoya sighed. "I can't believe it, Nisha. I am so sorry for you."

"Don't! Don't say this. Don't feel sorry for me. Don't pity me and take me as weak. He took advantage of this and I won't let him take this advantage again," she quickly reprimanded her.

Zoya nodded in acceptance. "Do you want to eat anything?"

"No, I have to reach home. Ammi will be alone," she said.

When Nisha knocked on her gate, she stiffened to find Huzaifa; the one who opened it. Seeing his face, she remembered his cold expressions and rude words from her wedding day.

He smiled at her. "Have you got the job?"

She entered inside and caught a glimpse of the look of sympathy in his eyes. "I did...how are you?"

"I am fit. You...what about you?" He hesitated to ask this since he was uncomfortable to face her after saying those words.

"I am doing well. Are you alone?" She asked, looking around.

"No, Mom is also here. We have to take Khala Ammi to the hospital to remove her stitches," he answered.

Nisha then remembered Tabinda had told her about this in the morning. Right at this moment, her mother and Aunt also came; dressed up to leave.

"Should I also go with you, Ammi?" She asked her.

Tabinda patted her cheek. "No, beta. You stay at home. You are tired. And don't worry about making dinner; I ask Huzaifa to bring it on their way here. We will come home soon."

"Go safely," she mumbled, looking at her mother and the other two as well.

"Don't wait for us. Just go to sleep, you have college tomorrow. And yes, don't open the gate for anyone. I have a spare key," she instructed her.

Nisha nodded and locked the gate after they left. Coming into the kitchen, she found a shopping bag on the slab. A pizza box was revealed upon unwrapping it. She placed two slices on her plate and poured herself a generous glass of coke before walking into her room.

In a week, her final exams would start and then she would try her best to enroll in medical college. Something which she had always dreamt about. She smiled and sat at her study table. Taking a bite of the pizza, she opened one of her books.

             ________________________

He was losing it. He was losing everything. Heck, he was even losing himself. He never thought he would get defeated by a woman. He always found himself surrounded and getting awed by them. Getting gasps and appreciative stares but now this girl after falling head over heels for him was ignoring him. She was making him go crazy. He felt like he wouldn't be able to survive if he wouldn't get her back. His thoughts were filled with her, his nights were hovered by the time he spent with her. Her smile, her sweet voice, the love she had for him, her shyness, the blush on her cheeks when he was around her everything was making him lose himself.

He wanted her badly and let her know how much he loved her. How his time wasn't spent without her. He now understood what she would have been feeling when he made her fall for her. And the jerk he was, just faking it to get his useless aims. But now when he wanted to show her that he loved her, she was angry at him and didn't want to see him.

Ruhaan jerked open his tie as soon as he stepped inside his room and tossed it away. The same went for his waistcoat and shirt as well. He went inside the washroom to have a shower. But even coming out of tons of clothes and having a warm shower didn't help him to calm himself.

Coming back into the room, he grabbed his phone and dialed Nisha's landline number. Perhaps she would be home now. It was around ten in the night; the time they used to talk to each other.

Nisha was fallen asleep during studying. She woke up to the sound of the landline ringing. Lazily, she opened her eyes to find herself sleeping on her study table. She didn't know when she dozed off. But perhaps she was really tired of all the happening of the day that was the reason.

She walked out of the room into the lounge and peeked into her mother's room to find it empty. That meant she wasn't back yet. She picked up the call thinking it might be her mother or Aunt without checking the number. And that was her biggest mistake since she knew this particular contact quite well. 

"Hello?"

Ruhaan closed his eyes in mitigation. A sense of comfort reached his heart hearing her voice.

"Nisha..."

Nisha's eyes widened in shock. But soon it got replaced by a surge of resentment, more for herself to still recognize this voice.

"How dare you call me?" She almost yelled.

Ruhaan got taken aback by her outburst. She never talked like that ever.

"Nisha, you...you are misunderstanding me. I want to meet you. Even I came today to talk to you. Let us discuss..."

"I don't have anything to talk to you. Misunderstanding? Yes, I did misunderstand you. You are a cheater, deceitful, and liar. I want a divorce from you. Don't call me ever again."

She disconnected the call quickly and Ruhaan was just left there to stare at his dead screen. This was not the Nisha whom he used to see as a love-stricken girl.

              ____________________

Nisha placed the breakfast tray on the dining table where her mother was already seated before occupying one of the chairs.

"Haider wants to talk to you. He...he is sorry for what he did. But he is a bit hesitant to come face to face with you," Tabinda started, taking a bite of the boiled egg.

Nisha's lip twitched. "He doesn't have to feel sorry. His reaction was justified. It was I who messed up everything."

"Still, he shouldn't have accused you in front of everyone like this. Even I remained angry at him for the same reason," she retorted.

She smiled bitterly at this. What could she complain from others when the one she loved had betrayed her like this?

"You were naive and he tricked you. I will never forgive him. Hope he will suffer his whole life," Tabinda spewed in anger.

Nisha exhaled a deep breath again at that compliment. She was tired to hear this from everyone.

"Tell Haider it's okay. He shouldn't have to feel sorry," Nisha said, taking a bite of butter toast.

"I want you to think about your life again. I mean, after the divorce. Haider still is interested---"

"Ammi please!" She interrupted her. "I don't want to talk about this. I want to focus on my studies first."

Tabinda nodded in acceptance. "I will support you."

Nisha smiled in reassurance and stood up, hanging her bag along her shoulder when she heard the horn of her rickshaw. "I am leaving. Take care of yourself," she mumbled, kissing her cheek.

"Is it necessary to go to college today?" Tabinda suddenly said, looking really concerned.

"Why?"

"He came yesterday looking for you. He was furious over your divorce demand. I think you should stay at home for some time," Tabinda answered. Nisha soon comprehended the him in her talk.

Furious? Wasn't it what he wanted from the start? To divorce her after getting his money back. She didn't know what he now needed from her. Perhaps his so-called ego got hurt after hearing this demand from her side. He always thought of her as a weak and vulnerable girl and now he expected her to beg him for not taking his name from her for the sake of society and the love she felt for him.

The love! Which had ruined her. She never hated any emotion in her life more than this love. Nisha gritted her jaw to control her anger.

Nisha gritted her brows in resentment. "Why should I hide in my house as a coward? I don't fear him. It's he who should be lying low not me."

"Why aren't you understanding? This divorce demand had acted as a knife to his male ego and now he wants to attach some strings of himself to you so that he could satisfy his ego which got hurt. I don't think he will give you a divorce. He came so confidently yesterday that he has right over you as his wife," Tabinda reasoned.

"If he wouldn't give me a divorce, I will go to court and file one myself. I won't bow down to him now. He made a fool of me enough," Nisha lashed out.

"Court?" Tabinda got worried at her words.

Nisha nodded. "Yes, I will do anything it takes to get rid of him." The horn of her rickshaw again reverberated. "Don't worry about me," she mumbled and rushed out of the house.

She wanted to fight him but would she be able to do it? The answer was not known to her yet but one thing was certain; it was nearly impossible to hate him alongside rubbing the love she had for him away from her heart.

              ______________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How is everyone?

Here's another update for you.

What do you think will happen next?

Will Ruhaan give Nisha divorce and if not, what will Nisha do next?

Please vote and comment a lot. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 3.1K 42
"From today onwards, I will take every decision of your life. What you will eat, where will you go, when will you speak, what you will wear it will b...
237K 7.4K 35
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...
41.2K 2.5K 24
His foot steps fell near the bed as he pulled out a velvet box from his Kameez pocket. Twisting it in his hand, his lips formed into a sneer as he th...
495K 23K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...