MHA Katsuki Bakugou X Reader...

By the-writing-girl

A My Hero Academia oneshot book filled with oneshots of our favourite short-tempered explosion boy, Katsuki B... More

Introduction
1: What He Wants
2: The View From Her Room (Lemon)
3: A True Hero
Quirks
Requests - CLOSED
4: His Special Day
5: Eyes on the Sea (Lemon)
6: The Designer
7: Please (Lemon)
8: The Guy For You Part One
9: The Guy For You Part Two (Lemon)
10: The Gala (Lemon)
11: First (Lemon)
12: Hero Suits (Lemon)
13: Jealousy is a Dangerous Thing
14: Cake
15: Confessions
16: The Locket (Lemon)
17: The Theme Park
18: A Romantic Night (Lemon)
19: Forbidden Love Part One (Lemon)
20: Forbidden Love Part Two (Lemon)
21: Insecurities
22: The Princess Part One
23: The Princess Part Two
24: An Embarrassing Introduction (Lemon)
25: A Secretary and Her Boss
26: Living Two Lives
27: The New Employee Part One
28: The New Employee Part Two (Lemon)
29: The Mission (Lemon)
30: One Night Led to More (Lemon)
31: Summer (Lemon)
32: The Ghost
33: PTSD
34: The Reunion (Lemon)
35: The Girl in the Coffee Shop
36: Approval
37: Katsuki's Girl
38: Love Blocked By Society (Lemon)
40: Special Training (Lemon)
41: Mistakes
42: Relationships
43: The Quirkless UA Student
44: In the Shadows (Lemon)
45: The Romantic Type
46: Target Part One (Lemon)
47: Target Part Two
48: Cold Feet
49: A Dream Worth Living
50: Stress Relief (Lemon)
The End
Other Books

39: Hostage

3.8K 79 101
By the-writing-girl

Note: this is a fantasy AU, and I've written it as though quirks don't exist!

Quirk: none

 It was a warm summers night and I couldn't get to sleep, so instead I decided to stand on my large balcony in the palace and watch the stars. I was the princess of the kingdom, my father the king. Recently the king had seemed very short-tempered, and it was obvious that there was some sort of political crisis but he refused to tell me what it was, and had ordered mother not to tell me either. I had told him that if I was to rule the kingdom one day that I needed to learn such things, but he still refused to tell me.

I sighed, looking at the twinkling stars above me when suddenly something caught my eye. It was only for a second, but I thought I saw something moving. A shadow was flying high across the sky, and I saw whatever it was land just beyond the castle gardens. After a moment I convinced myself that I was just seeing things, that was until I noticed one of our guards walking around the gardens carrying a flame lit torch. I stiffened when I saw him being pulled behind one of the large, sculpted bushes.

That was when I spotted four dark figures silently running up to the castle. Panic hit me as I ran back into my room, grabbing my robe to cover my long night gown. I headed for the door of my quarters which led to the rest of the palace, knowing I needed to find a guard and fast.

When I left my quarters I looked around, surprised to see there were no guards in the corridors like there usually was. Carefully I stepped out into the corridor, trying not to make a sound in fear of the four intruders having already made their way into the palace. Unfortunately for me however, at the end of the corridor I was walking down, one of the four appeared.

They were wearing dark clothes, a hooded cloak wrapped around their body. I turned to run in the other direction, however I crashed right into another one of the mysterious men. They grabbed me roughly and I tried struggling against his grip but he was strong. Just as I was about to yell for help one of the gagged me.

I attempted to fight back, making it as awkward for them as possible by wriggling. I growled through the rag they had gagged me with but they held me tightly as thick rope was wrapped around my wrists and ankles. I was then hauled onto the shoulder of their biggest guy, and they headed towards an exit from the palace. I refused to stop making it difficult for them. I wasn't going to let four random strangers take me off in the middle of the night, but unfortunately my attempts were getting me nowhere. It seemed as though my disappearance wouldn't be noted until morning.

"Quit struggling," one of the men growled, throwing me to the ground roughly, the soil dirtying my night gown. "Give it her," he said to another one of the men who pulled out a rag and a vial of liquid. Fear spread through my body as I tried to crawl away but they grabbed me and placed the rag in front of my mouth, a funny smell on it causing my eyesight to go fuzzy and my brain to black out.

- Timeskip -

I shot awake thinking about what I had just dreamt. I had never had a dream that had felt so realistic before, but then something caught my attention. 'My bedsheets aren't usually this scratchy,' I though and realised then that I was not in my room at the palace at all. I was in a large oak bed with rough sheets, in a room with a high ceiling and stone walls. There were sconces decorating the walls and pelts covering the cold-looking floor.

Quickly I clambered out of the bed, panic running through my body. I shivered as my bare-feet touched the cold floor, but I still ran to the large oak door and pulled it open. Carefully I peeked out and saw two men at the end of the corridor carrying spears, both chatting to each other. As quietly as I could I crept out of the room whilst they were distracted and tried to run down to the opposite end of the corridor, however they spotted me. "Hey, she's awake!" They cried and their loud footsteps indicated that they were running after me. I ran as fast as I could, not knowing where I was going but desperate to find an exit. "Slow down!" The men shouted but I refused to stop. I picked up the skirt of my nightgown so I could run even faster, but as I turned a corner I ran straight into someone and was knocked to the floor.

I looked up to see a very large, muscly and intimidating man with grey hair and a mask over his mouth. I whimpered a little and went to stand, but he grabbed me. "Let go!" I shouted in a fruitless effort to escape. The two men who were chasing me finally caught up and hunched over, panting.

"Thanks Shoji," the yellow haired one said.

"You saved our asses," the black haired one said.

"Let go of me dammit!" I shouted but it was futile. The yellow haired one held out some chains and bound my hands, him and the black haired one then putting a hand on my shoulder each as they directed me through the corridors to two large, decorated oak doors. "Where are you taking me?" I hissed at the two men but they ignored me, instead pushing open the door.

Inside was a large hall with a big, metal chandeliers hanging from the high roof. Blazing sconces lined the walls and in the centre of the room was a large, rectangular table. Upon the table laid food and lots of it, the many occupants at the table happily gorging on it. At the far end there was a large throne, it being occupied by a man with spiky blond hair and a fierce looking face. He had his arms around two girls who were pressing themselves against him.

"Lord Bakugou sir," the yellow-haired man holding me announced. I furrowed my eyebrows, knowing that I knew the name from somewhere. The man in the throne stood up and stared at me, making me shift my weight uncomfortably.

"Leave," he said simply, his voice echoing around the room. Everyone looked at him in shock. "I said leave." The people around the table got up and headed for the door. "Maybe next time girls," he said, looking down at the two girls who were clinging onto him desperately. They pouted and glared at me as they walked past me and out the room. "You two as well. Get out."

"But sir-,"

"Out! I need to speak with her alone," Bakugou enforced, stepping closer to me. The guards left, shutting the big doors behind them. Bakugou stepped even closer to me but I refused to back down, something he apparently noticed. "Hungry?"

"What?"

"Are you hungry?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded and he laughed.

"I don't want anythin' from you, sweetheart. Your father on the other hand, the king, well he owes me a lot. He took something very precious from me, so I decided to take something precious of his," he said, stroking my cheek and making me flinch. That was when it clicked, I remembered seeing a piece of parchment in the kings council room at the palace with the signature 'Bakugou' on it, with a wax stamp of a dragon. Before I could read the letter however, one of fathers councilmen came into the room and snatched it from my hands.

"What did he take from you?" I asked nervously.

"Gold. A lot of it. How d'ya think you won that damn war?" Bakugou scoffed, referring to a war we had just won against our neighbouring kingdom. "He owes me an awful lot. Missed his deadline to pay it all back though, so until he does I'll keep ya here."

I was surprised that my father had done business with such a shady man. It was obvious he was rich, probably even without the money he lent my father but it also seemed as though this man was ruthless. "So what, you're going to kill me if he doesn't pay up?"

"Nah, it's a waste to kill a hostage. In the meantime make yourself at home. Oh, and put this on," he threw me a dress that was hanging up on the back of one of the chairs surrounding the table. I looked at it in disgust, being able to tell from first glance that it was a dress similar to the one the other girls were wearing. "It's either that or you stay in your night gown. You pick," he said with a smirk. Anger fuelled my body as I gripped the dress tightly, wanting to tear it. "Good. Now Kaminari and Sero will take you back to your room."

I stormed out of the room and saw the two guards there who I assumed were Kaminari and Sero. I marched right past them, heading back in the direction I came feeling nothing but irritation. When I reached the room I awoke it I noticed there was a large brown wardrobe in the corner, and I opened the door revealing a long mirror. Looking at the dress I was holding and comparing it to my dirty nightgown, I knew it was probably best to change but as soon as I put the dress on I felt embarrassed. It was incredibly tight, seductive and low-cut. I pinched the bridge of my nose, hoping my father would be able to pay back the money he owed Bakugou very quickly.

- Timeskip - - One Week Later -

Since arriving at Lord Bakugou's tower I had been treated surprisingly well. Despite the outfits I was forced to wear and the fact I was a hostage I was still treated with respect. The people seemed civil but I was definitely going to refrain from making any friends. Bakugou himself was intimidating but I didn't let him get to me. He was rude and a player, always having his arm around a new girl. So far I had seen six different girls who seemed desperate for his attention.

None of the girls I had met liked me at all. They turned their noses up at me whenever I walked by and gossiped about me without even trying to stay quiet. Some of the guys I had met told me not to worry about them, that they were just protective of Bakugou. "Are they really all his girlfriends?" I asked Kirishima who seemed to be Bakugou's right hand man.

"Er... not really," he said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head and I raised an eyebrow. "They just don't want another girl muscling their way into our clan is all. They wanna keep Bakugou to themselves."

"Trust me the last thing I want to do is muscle my way into your clan. And I definitely do not seek the attention of a disgusting man who sleeps with six women at a time," I scoffed.

"I don't think he sleeps with them. That's probably why they're so protective. Look, Lord Bakugou is a complicated man," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Have you heard anything from my father yet?" I asked and Kirishima shook his head.

"Not a peep, sorry," he said and I sighed. "I'm sure he'll be in contact soon," he added quickly in an effort to make me feel better.

"Oi," Bakugou's voice sounded and Kirishima and I turned to see him approaching. "Any word from the king?"

"No sir, nothing to report," Kirishima said and Bakugou glanced at me.

"Walk with me princess," he said, turning to walk away and clearly expecting me to follow him. As I'd been here a week already I knew it was best to just go along with everything until my father had compiled everything he owed the Lord, so that's what I did. We walked in silence through the castle, me having not seen much of it as I had stubbornly kept myself in my room, asides from when I needed something to eat. "You haven't seen much of the castle, have ya?"

"No," I said plainly. I followed him as we walked, trying not to become fascinated by the variety of art and tapestries that hung on the walls. The last thing I wanted to admit was that I was becoming fascinated by this place.

We walked through a door and my eyes lit up as I realised we were walking through the armoury. I looked around quickly, keen to find my favourite weapon of choice: the bow and arrow. At the palace I was rarely allowed to shoot one as it was considered unladylike, but watching our archers effortlessly fire the arrow through the air made me long to do the same.

As soon as I saw one I ran over to it. "Hm? You like bows?"

"Well I've never really fired one before... apparently it's 'unladylike' to learn how to defend yourself," I scoffed, thinking of my fathers words.

"Why don't I teach ya how to use one?" He suggested and I whirled around to him in surprise.

"Why would you do that?" I asked and he shrugged.

"So you can learn how to defend yourself. Maybe then you would've been more of a challenge to kidnap," he smirked and I gritted my teeth.

"Fine, you're on," I said, grabbing the bow from the shelf. He picked up the quiver filled with arrows and I followed him out into the castle grounds.

"Here are our targets. Show me what you've got," he said, holding an arrow out to me. I snatched it from him and aligned myself with the bow, trying to pretend that I knew what I was doing but he could see right through me. "You haven't got a clue what you're doing, do you?" He asked and I shook my head in defeat. "Here," he approached me and I was caught off-guard when he wrapped his arms around me, helping me align my arrow and bow correctly. "Hold it up like this. Look down your arrow at the target," his breath on my neck gave me goosebumps. "Pull right back to your cheek... and release."

I did as I was told and the arrow flew through the air, punching through the target in the fifth ring. "Ha! That's good, right?"

"It's not bad for your first shot," he said, folding his arms. We spent the rest of the afternoon out in the castle grounds, firing arrows and improving my shot. I was pleasantly surprised by his subtle kindness, even if he did mask it by using harsh words and acting snobbish. The fact he was out here with me, teaching me something that I'd always wanted to be taught, was quite a surprise for me.

For a while I thought I was actually having a bit of fun. I had managed to get one ring away from a bullseye just in that one afternoon, Bakugou even admitting that he hadn't seen anyone progress so quickly. It soon got dark so we were unable to continue the practice, so the two of us headed back inside ready for the evenings feast.

He told me to keep the bow and arrows so I took them back to my room with me, and I was quite surprised that he was willing to let his hostage have a weapon. I shrugged it off however, as it meant I would be able to call it mine a little longer.

A knock on the door caught my attention and I was surprised to see it was Bakugou, holding a dress. "Here. Wear this and come to the feast tonight," he said simply, thrusting the dress into my hands before storming off. I was too thrown to say anything, so instead shut the door and looked at the dress. It had a flare of elegance to it, making it different to the other more revealing dresses I had been given to wear.

I slipped it on and realised just how much I liked it. The red tunic was decorated with gold swirls, and the skirt was white and delicate. I smiled when I realised just how different this dress was from the others, and it made me feel much more comfortable. It also gave me confidence to go to the feast with everyone else, as usually I had just gone to collect food to bring back to my room and eat.

As I approached the big doors to the hall I let in a deep breath and opened them, seeing the feast in full swing. It was like it usually was, people chatting loudly, swigging drinks, the girls sat close to Bakugou at the other end. When he noticed my entrance however he stood up from his throne, this action catching the attention of the others in the room. They all looked where he was looking, and suddenly I felt self-conscious.

"Ochaco, move up," Bakugou said to the girl next to him.

"What? Why?" She whined, standing and hugging his arm. He pushed her off and said his request again. She pouted and did as was told, Bakugou then gesturing me to come and join him right at the front.

"You like the dress?" He asked as I sat beside him.

"Very much... thank you. But why? I'm your hostage, you shouldn't be giving me things like this," I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not a bad person. Just because you're my hostage doesn't mean I'm gonna torture ya or anything," he said with a smirk and I let out a laugh. Since being in the castle I had properly spent time with Bakugou before today and as we sat here, simply talking, I was beginning to realise that he might not have been as bad as I thought. He wasn't uptight or overly posh like some other rulers I knew, he was more down to earth and seemed to enjoy the presence of others, despite his constant scowl.

We were lost in conversation about today training and he even offered me lessons on how to use other weapons, his favourite being the cutlass. I happily agreed, intrigued by the thought of learning how to master weaponry. The evening seemed to go by much quicker than any other I had spent here, and when I was finally back in my room I realised that I had actually enjoyed my day.

- Bakugou's POV - - Timeskip -

"I want a solid throne. Not just a chair. And designed with an intricate pattern," I demanded our carpenter who nodded and took down notes on my demand.

"You're doing a hell of a lot for someone who's 'just a hostage'," Kirishima said as we left the carpenters.

"No I'm not," I scoffed and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really? You've given her a selection of new, high-end dresses, you went to the armoury this morning to have our craftsman make (y/n) her own personalised bow and arrows and now you've just commissioned our carpenter to make her her own throne for the main hall! She's not gonna be here forever you know-,"

"I know!" I shouted louder than I expected.

"So why are you doing all of this for her?" Kirishima asked with a raised eyebrow and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I don't have to tell you!" I shouted, stomping back into the castle and towards my quarters. Naturally Kirishima followed, him being my advisor and personal friend.

"All I'm saying is that you can't forget she's a hostage sir. A bargaining chip. She's probably not going to be here this time next week," Kirishima stated the obvious. I had spent each day with (y/n) since I started to teach her how to use a bow and arrow. She'd attracted my attention, as much as I hated to admit it.

The other girls in the castle would fall at my feet and be willing to give themselves to me at any time in any place. I got sick of their desperate company, and saw something different in (y/n). She was fiery and had an attitude, but she was also easy to talk to and, although I wouldn't admit it aloud, fun to be around.

When Kirishima and I reached my quarters I slumped down in my chair behind my large desk. I put my head in my hands and ignored the likely pitiful expression on Kirishima's face. Suddenly however the door burst open and in ran Kaminari, wafting a piece of parchment. "Lord! It's here, a letter from the (l/n) kingdom!"

I grabbed it from his clutches immediately and tore it open:

Lord Bakugou,

We have indeed won the war but I have no recollection of you lending us any money. I have no contract, and there was never a signed deal created. You cannot bribe me, no matter what you do. You may think you have won with the capture of the princess but know this Lord Bakugou, you will not be getting your hands on any money this way.

Sincerely,

King (l/n).

I gritted my teeth, almost crumpling the paper completely. It angered me that getting the money back was going to be more difficult than I thought, but what angered me even more was the fact he cared about money over (y/n). It seemed as though he didn't care what we'd do to his own daughter, as long as he got to keep all of his money.

I passed the letter onto Kirishima who read it quickly. "We have a contract though! He signed one! We just need to find it-,"

"Leave that! We'll sort that out later," I stood and gripped the desk.

"Someone needs to tell (y/n)," Kaminari said.

"I can do it if you want, Bakugou," Kirishima offered but I shook my head.

"No. It should be me," I said and the two nodded. I left my quarters and headed towards hers, me having moved her to a larger room closer to mine. I breathed in deeply before knocking, and a mere moment later she opened it with a smile.

"Hello Bakugou," she said sweetly, standing aside to let me in. "What's wrong?" She could instantly tell that the mood wasn't good.

"We got a letter... from your father," I said and her eyes widened.

"What did it say?" With reluctancy I read it out to her, her face dropping more and more with each word. She had to cover her mouth by the end, realising that her family had betrayed her. "What about your money?" She asked, turning back with tears in her eyes.

"Screw my money, we'll get it back another way. These bastards they- they can't just throw you aside like this!" I shouted and she bit her lip.

"My father is a ruthless man," she whispered. "I don't know what to do..."

"Then stay here," I said quickly and she looked up at me. "Stay here, with me," I stepped closer and her eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"Stay here with me, I- I like you, (y/n)," I finally admitted and she seemed to freeze on the spot. "I'll treat you right I swear it."

"You seriously have feelings for me?" She asked, apparently having difficulty comprehending this.

"Yeah I do. I'm not ashamed of it, and I'm not gonna back down from it either. I want you to stay here in this castle with me. Forget about your father and what he's done. Just don't leave," I took her waist and pulled her body up close to mine. She didn't back away which I took to be a good sign, but she did still look bewildered.

"Wow... this is definitely a surprise," she admitted with a slight laugh, looking directly into my eyes. "Yes. Okay, I'll stay here... with you," she finally said and I couldn't stop the small smile that threatened to appear on my lips. She apparently noticed this and laughed, surprising me by taking the lead and pulling me in for a kiss.

- (y/n)'s POV -

Our first kiss felt heavenly. The grip he had on my waist felt perfect, and the warmth that spread through my body was loving. I was hurt by what my fathers letter to Bakugou had said, but now I had a solid excuse to stay here in the castle with the Lord himself, and it definitely seemed like he didn't want to let me go any time soon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 1.5K 43
A collection of BNHA Oneshots. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Disclaimer: I do not own the MHA characters, they belong to their rightfu...
38.6K 335 23
"i will love you even after the universe falls apart." - where i write a series of short stories about the boys in the anime/manga haikyuu. mainly f...
18.8K 950 9
Phoebe O'Donnell, cousin to laird Alex Campbell, has found herself pregnant after losing her virginity unwillingly to a married warrior from the neig...
69K 1.6K 30
I do not own the characters. Credits to the photos owners.