SINISTER ~ STRANGER THINGS (2)

بواسطة keepinitundercover

in which the hawkins gang has to face bigger, deadlier monsters while trying not to lose themselves and one a... المزيد

ACT THREE
WELCOME BACK
SAILOR CHIC
HOPELESS HARRINGTON
UNBELIEVABLE
FRIENDS DON'T LIE
WE'RE DONE
PROVE IT
WEIGHING THE RISKS
BILLY...?
SUPERHEROS AND FIRST DATES
HE'S BACK
CHILD ENDANGERMENT
IDENTIFY THE HOST
UNLIKELY ALLIES
CONSPIRING GIRLS
PICASSO'S POISON
JUST GO
NERDS
PETTY FIGHTS
DRUGGED SAILORS
DEAFENING SILENCE
SEARCHING
REUNITED AT LAST
PHYSICS
WINS AND LOSSES
WHAT KEEPS YOU UP AT NIGHT?
OPEN AND CLOSED CHAPTERS
SEE YOU LATER
ACT FOUR
CHAMPIONSHIPS
SET IT FREE
WHO'S CHANGED?
FOLLOW YOU ANYWHERE
REALITY?
WIPEOUT
UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
THEY CALL HIM VECNA
RISOTTO AND IGLOOS
OUTCAST AND THE FUGITIVE
DISASTER BREWING
CURSED
HOUSE ARREST
STUDIOUS AND HOT
DUCK AND RUN
THANK YOU PETEY MCHEW
SAVED
DEATH SENTENCES AND APOLOGIES
NOT JUST ANY HOUSE
SAVE THE WORLD
WHAT DID WE JUST WITNESS?
AN ALL-OUT WITCH HUNT
SKULLS AND MORMONS
SOMETHING ABOUT MORDOR
SWIMMING LESSONS
TRUE LOVE/CRIME
A GREAT ESCAPE
GRAND THEFT RV
CROSS-COUNTRY DREAMS
WE NEVER LOSE
COMMENCE PHASE ONE
PLOT TWIST
DERAILED
TO FIGHT AND TO LOSE
THE END IS NEAR

THUNDERSTORM HOT COCOA

178 5 6
بواسطة keepinitundercover

THE SAUNA TEST

____________

The cops finally arrive at the Driscoll house, and Dawn simply points downstairs, eyes still wide in shock.

They're able to strap her to a gurney, much to her dismay. She continues to shout about going back somewhere, how she had to go back.

Finally, they load her onto the ambulance as the teenagers watch, having not expected that when they arrived at her house.

Officer Callahan turns to them in equal shock, probably moreso since he didn't have the knowledge about the town that they did. "Okay so, do the three of you want to tell me what in the name of Jesus just happened here?"

"I came to pick up her cat's treats. She wanted me to take him for the week until she could get rid of the rat problem she was having."

"And we came to ask her a question about the rat problem," Nancy adds.

"But she wasn't answering the door and we got worried because Mrs. Driscoll always answers the door. It's how I used to sell like 80% of my Girl Scout cookies as a kid. So I just used the spare key."

"And when we walked in, she was... like that," Jonathan points to where the ambulance just drove away.

"So you broke in?"

"She told me where the spare key was. It's not breaking in if you're not breaking."

"Okay, so you trespassed."

"Who knows what would've happened if we didn't come here?"

"Listen, I get that, but her family, and their lawyers might not."

"Well, they can take it up with me. Her employee," Dawn bites back, walking off to her van.

Nancy and Jonathan do the same, realizing Callahan couldn't really do anything to them right now.

All three of them drive home not being able to erase the image of the woman from their minds. Nancy knew one thing, she needed to find out what was going on. Surprisingly, Dawn wouldn't be opposed to tagging along for the ride.

_____

The girls storm into the house shortly after, immediately shedding their wet coats and removing their shoes.

"Ma!"

"Oh, you're just in time. I was just about to make-"

"Please say thunderstorm hot cocoa," Sam walks into the kitchen, having just entered the house.

"Of course. Hello Max, and Jane. Wait, you go by your middle name, no? El?" Gianna greets them.

"Yes."

"Hello, girls. Good thing I'm making extra," Leo chuckles, continuing to cut up the birria.

"Yes. Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Flores."

"Hi," Max grins, waving, as Sam leans on the counter, dropping her voice to a whisper.

"I know I'm not supposed to have boys over after 8, but it's pouring and Steve was nice enough to drive me home-"

"Of course he can come in, can't believe you have him standing in the rain," Gianna narrows her eyes, as Leo's ears perk up at the word he.

"Woah, woah, woah."

"Cue Hurricane Leo," Sam rolls her eyes, as the younger girls chuckle.

"I said no boys after 8."

"Actually you said no boys in our rooms after 8," Bianca looks at her watch.

"And it's pouring out, Dad! No one should be alone in a storm like this. Can't he just wait it out in here?"

"He made you cry."

"Steve made you cry?" Max and El gasp, furthering her embarrassment.

"Dad! We have witnesses!" she dramatically sighs.

Gianna then whispers something to him with a very stern face, before walking to the front door, letting Steve in.

"Hello, Steve. Please come in."

"Hi, Mrs. Flores. Thank you for letting me in," he smiles.

"Of course, Steve, you're always welcome," she leads him into the kitchen, where he greets the rest of the room.

Gianna then shoos them upstairs to change, not wanting her floors to get messed up.

"Everyone put your wet clothes in here," Sam grabs an empty laundry basket while Bianca grabs pajamas for her friends. "I can wash and dry them."

"Here," Bianca comes back out, handing Max and El clothes and pointing to her and Sam's bathrooms. "You guys can change in there."

The girls nod, going to change as Bianca goes into her room.

"You should still have some clothes in the guest room. If not, I guess I can give you some from my personal collection," Sam shrugs jokingly.

"How sweet of you to give me back my clothes."

"I know right?" she jokes, closing her door behind her.

He smiles to himself, going to check the drawers only to see blankets where his clothes used to reside.

Walking across the hall, he opens her door without thinking, not expecting the sight before him.

In hindsight, it wasn't very smart to walk in the room without knocking, especially after she went in specifically to change, but it still surprised him to see Samantha in nothing but her underwear.

"Oh, sorry, Jesus Christ- Sorry," he closes the door as soon as he realizes he'd just spent the last five seconds staring.

"Just- Just one second," she quickly slides on her shorts and a Hawkins Cheerleading t shirt before opening the door.

He embarrassedly looks over, grimace on his face. "I should've knocked, but there weren't any clothes in the guest room?"

"Oh, um..." she searches through her drawers, finding a t-shirt and sweatpants that belonged to Steve, handing them to him. "Here."

"I'm sorry again. I wasn't thinking, and I didn't see anything. Not that there wasn't anything to see, there's plenty- I'm gonna go change," he winces at his wording, while she fondly smiles, a laugh begging to be let out.

Eventually, everyone heads downstairs, gathering around the dining table as Leo starts making plates.

"I can help, if you'd like," Steve offers, setting out six plates. 

"Thank you," Leo smiles, handing Steve a pair of tongs to retrieve the frying tacos. "Careful, the oil pops."

"Hey, don't forget, I want the salsa-"

"Verde, I know!" Steve says in a painfully American accent, but Leo takes note of how he makes sure to put Sam's salsa to the side, and how he knew what soda she'd want without asking.

It's always the little things that prove someone's true feelings.

"My daughter doesn't date."

Steve raises his eyebrows quizzically, not understanding where this was going. "I'm sorry?"

"My daughter rarely dates, and I've always liked it that way. Keeps her from getting hurt by some stupid teenage boy."

Steve frowns to himself at that, because he'd somehow managed to be the stupid teenage boy her dad was worried about.

"Teenage boys are pretty stupid," he nervously responds.

"I can tell you like her, Steven. So I'm telling you now: don't be a stupid teenage boy," he warns, the warm smile briefly leaving his face. "Understand?"

"Uh... um- Yes, yes sir. I understand," he nods.

Leo was scary when he wanted to be. Usually, he was very kind, extending a helping hand to anyone in need, including Steve on several occasions. But his daughters were his everything, and he's heard enough about Steve to worry, so right now, he was willing to be the scary old man.

In a split second, he grins again, patting Steve's shoulder as he starts bringing out everyone's plates. Steve simply lets out the breath he was holding, bringing them out as well.

"You okay, Steve?" Gianna looks up in concern, as he sits down. "You look pale."

"Maybe he's just pale," Bianca shrugs. "Este gringo."

Sam snorts at that, glancing up as Steve shakes his head very suspiciously. "I'm great. Just starving."

"Right," Sam narrows her eyes, looking to the younger members of the table, all enjoying the meal.

"What'd you guys do today?"

"Nothing really," Max shrugs. "Read some comics, rode our bikes."

"Yeah, the rain got in the way," Bianca agrees, El simply nodding her head shyly.

"How are you liking living with Hopper, El?" Gianna turns to the brunette with a kind smile.

"Hopper's good. Better than Papa."

"Papa?" Leo raises an eyebrow, knowing Hopper wasn't very divulging of the details of his abrupt adoption.

"Her, uh, birth father. Real mean guy. Good thing he's away... in prison," Bianca jumps to save the conversation, searching for a topic change.

Samantha finds one, blurting, "Have you spoken to Mike?"

"No," Bianca scowls.

"Wow, I would not want to be him right now," Steve chuckles, Max and El laughing as well.

"What did he do?" Leo narrows his eyes, and Gianna gives her a look saying they'll talk about this later, knowing she wouldn't admit it in front of her father.

"Nothing. Don't grab your boxing gloves," Bianca gives him a pointed look.

"Fine, don't tell me. I'll ask Lucas, he tells me all the gossip," he shrugs, and laughs rumble around the table.

"Oh, Will too!" Gianna nods, laughs escaping as she tries to agree.

Steve looks around, amused by the tight-knit unit that was the Flores family. This was the kind of thing he dreamed of growing up, only getting mere glimpses of whenever her parents let him stay the night on his dad's meaner days.

"Oh, Dad, I was thinking," Sam perks up.

"That usually is expensive," he frowns.

"Maybe we could try those driving lessons again?" she continues, ignoring his jab.

"Get ready to owe the neighbors," Bianca chuckles at the idea.

"Yeah, I don't know. The Blackburns still get nervous when my car drives by," Leo winces at the memory of Sam driving right into their mailbox.

"It was an accident! Plus, I'm sure Steve and Dawn are tired of driving me everywhere."

"I don't mind at all," he cuts in immediately, making everyone's head turn to him. "It's... It's just what friends do, you know?"

"Real smooth," Max whispers.

"See? Let your nice friend with a nice car drive you places. You behind a wheel is a public safety hazard."

"Think about the children!" Bianca exaggeratedly exclaims, earning a glare.

"Shut up," Sam rolls her eyes. "Dad, please?"

"I can try to find some time. You know my caseload has doubled since Starcourt opened-"

"And stole my customers," Gianna sneers.

"I can do it," Steve suggests, finishing his last taco as everyone once again turns to him.

Sam looks over with soft eyes, knowing his car was his most prized possession. "I can't ask you to do that."

"Seriously, your car will be traumatized," Bianca jokes.

"Good thing you aren't asking. Is that okay with you?" he questions her parents, who share a knowing look.

"Don't let her crash the car, Steve."

"I won't."

"Then it's settled: you can have Steve fear for his life an hour every week," Leo jokes, earning a round of laughter.

"Anyway, who's up for thunderstorm hot cocoa?" Gianna cheers, while Sam collects everyone's dishes.

"We are!" Bianca points to her friends, who were eagerly nodding their heads.

"Samantha, come help," the older woman beckons the teenager.

A ding sounds out from upstairs, notifying them that the clothes were done washing. Too busy preparing the drinks, Sam yells, "¡Bianca, pon la ropa en la secadora!"

"Vale."

"What is thunderstorm hot cocoa?" El asks as Bianca runs upstairs.

"It's like hot chocolate but to the max," Steve explains. "Mrs. Flores puts marshmallows, whipped cream and chocolate sauce on it."

"And she only makes it when it's storming out," Leo adds. "It started because Sam used be terrified of storms, so we'd make her a cup of hot cocoa to comfort her."

"That's really sweet."

_________
a/n: completely forgot to upload this lmao

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

511 14 13
➳ i've fallen in love for the first time and this time i know it's for real. ➳ [ in which hawkins goes bat shit crazy once more and the twins and th...
440 26 14
Eleven finds Mike in trouble. whilst no one but her friends will believe her. she has to save mike and Nancy before its too late.
1.2K 53 50
When Rachel King moves to Hawkins, Indiana, she has no plan to make friends or fall for the King of Hawkins High. But when the town is threatened wit...
182K 2.7K 76
For Olivia Hargrove, her life felt like a ferris wheel. Sometimes she was up, and other times she was down but what she needed to learn was to enjoy...