[BEING REBOOTED] A Song of Ag...

By Laizarddeltarune

After the death of their first offspring and the betrayal of their own sibling, Laizard has been full of desp... More

! Introduction + Disclaimer !
. Prologue .
. Chapter Two : Lost and Found .
. Chapter Three : Rise and Shine .
. Chapter Four : Realization .
. Chapter Five : Late Night Encounter .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Six : Attacked .
. Chapter Seven : An Escape .
. Chapter Eight : A Promise .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Nine : A Slow Sunset .
. Chapter Ten : Safety Put On Delay .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Eleven : I'm Here For You .
. Chapter Twelve : No More Fooling Around .
. Chapter Thirteen : Endearment .
. Chapter Fourteen : Come Together .
. Chapter Intermission .
. Chapter Fifteen : OH NO! .
. Chapter Sixteen : Comin' Clutch .
. Chapter Seventeen : You're Safe .
. Chapter Eighteen : Fighting At Death's Door .
. Chapter Nineteen : It's Alright Now .
. Epilogue .

. Chapter One : Discovery .

289 5 0
By Laizarddeltarune

- Volare -

Resting on a cloud and away from everybody, Volare the Air Epic Wubbox was daydreaming for what felt like two hours. He had his hands on his chest and just stared at the bright blue sky, watching as a few Tweedles flew by above him. He then closed his eyes and dozed off to sleep.

Volare woke up what felt like immediately after he closed his eyes, but he took a look at the sky and noticed it had grown a little yellow. Sundown was nearing.

Volare stretched and literally rolled off of the cloud like it was just another boring Monday; he quickly flapped his wings to keep himself from crashing face first into the ground of Air Island. After a soft landing, Volare yawned and took a stroll around the island.

While walking, Volare hears a faint noise of monsters singing in the distance. He looks over, and of course, there was a big song going on in the center of the island, including Parlsona and Stoowarb being the lead singers. Volare recognized the absence of his older brother, Beta, the Rare Wubbox, and a few other monsters were missing too; like Yawstritch and Hoola. They're probably busy on other islands.

Volare stopped himself from rolling his eyes, kind of. If he wasn't so nervous about joining the song, he'd run over there without hesitation. But unfortunately, that's not the case. When Volare sings, it always comes off as ear-piercing, and it always throws off the song, so he just stays out of it after constant lectures from the Werdos about his volume when "screaming". And if the lecturing wasn't enough, Volare would always feel left out from the other monsters and some of them even shoot glares at him! What did he do wrong? Why does he have to feel like such an outcast! Even his own siblings tend to avoid him, what a joke. Well, except for Eldoris and Aspen... but Aspen's kind to everybody regardless!

Volare realized he was going on a little rant in his mind. He quickly shook his head to erase the thoughts from his brain as he bat at his hat a bit, like if there were water in his gears. He then removed his attention from the singing and continued taking his stroll. Suddenly, he heard a faint thud from a few meters away.

A bit concerned, the Epic Wubbox made his way toward where he heard the sound, folding his wings. He was starting to get to the edge of the island and was about to assume he went the wrong way until he shoved a few branches from nearby trees off of his face and noticed a lilac-purple furred monster in front of him.

Volare was startled and he quickly hid behind the tree. But after a while, he noticed that the purple monster was motionless when he took another look at it. Volare gulped, a little unsure if he should even interact with the thing. But he didn't want to leave it there either; it could be hurt.

Volare very slowly approached the creature and saw how much larger in length it was than he thought it would be. This monster was almost as tall as a Wubbox like himself!

Oh, that is definitely not a Tweedle!

The creature has a slim body shape. It had two sharp, curved antlers, multiple jewelry on it's ears and arms, and feathered wings that seemed to be a bit uneven; Volare concluded that the creature's wings were damaged from probably a recent impact.

The Epic Wubbox kneeled down and cautiously poked the unconscious creature.

Oh, how fluffy, you are!

Volare shook his head. It doesn't matter how fuzzy the monster is right now.

He gently grabbed the monster's arm. He took a look at the paw and-

Ah!

Its claws were massive! It startled Volare as he roughly dropped the creature's arm and immediately regretted it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

His mind panicked like a disturbed beehive, as his wings started trembling.

What should I do? Should I tell Bolt? No... Bolt wouldn't help. Maybe the Werdos? I probably should. Stay here!

Volare thought as if the creature could read his mind when he said "stay here" internally.

He couldn't go get help just yet, because the creature woke up. Just great; when Volare was finally about to make a decision, it has to be put on hold, so he doesn't just leave the creature lost and confused.

He then saw the purple monster's face; it had flax yellow eyes and butterfly-like lashes.

The second the creature spotted the Epic Wubbox, it yelped and tried to crawl away from him, but probably from being in pain, it just collapsed as it tried lifting itself up.

"Get away!!" It screeched.

Volare gulped a second time as he spoke quietly.

"Hey, hey, relax!" He muttered.

The creature didn't seem to listen as it curled up in a defensive ball of fur.

"I won't hurt you; I promise." Volare told the creature. "I just found you passed out while I was walking and uh, I wanted to see if you were alright."

The purple monster still didn't seem to be trusting Volare that easily, as it had its claws exposed from its paws underneath its tail, which made Volare feel a bit uneasy that it could possibly scratch him at any second.

The monster let out a warning murrrr noise from its throat; similar to how a cat would sound when they are feeling bothered.

Volare took another step back. He made a third gulp as he settled that he probably can't handle this by himself. He'll need some help.

"Okay, just... stay here. Okay?" He told the monster before fluttering off.

Volare planned on finding Parlsona and Stoowarb for their help with this injured monster, but when he got to the center of the island, the song was still going on. But he didn't care. He landed in front of Stoowarb and Parlsona who were in the middle of singing "can't you feel it? It's in the air!", but they were interrupted by his sudden entrance.

"Stoowarb! Parlsona! IfoundaninjuredmonsteratthewestsideoftheislandandIdon'tknowifIshoulddosomethingaboutitsoIwenttogetyouand-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down, Volare! Take a deep breath. What's going on??" Stoowarb gulped as the song came to a stop because of Volare's panicking tone of voice.

Volare took a deep breath and spoke slowly,

"I found an injured monster near the west coast of the island! I don't know where it came from, I never saw something like it before!"

Stoowarb and Parlsona's eyes widened as they heard this.

"You say the west coast of the island?" Stoowarb asked, hoping he'd heard right.

Volare nodded.

"Okay, we'll be there. Come on, Parls!" Stoowarb said as he started trotting off, waving for Parlsona to follow him.

As the two Werdos ran off, Volare stared back at the monsters who were giving them confused glances. He decided not to say anything as he flew off back to where he found the monster.

Shortly as Volare returned to the injured monster, Parlsona and Stoowarb followed behind him.

The monster yelled as the three got close to it.

"Oh my!" Parlsona and Stoowarb both gasped at the same time as they saw the big, weak monster.

Parlsona tried approaching the monster, but it let out a threatening cry of pain, keeping her at bay.

"Stay back!!"

"...Oh! I know this monster!" Stoowarb exclaimed. "This is a Kraigon. They're like fuzzy cat dragons. They live on Wyvern Island!"

Volare scratched his hat.

"Wyvern Island? I've heard of it but never been there." He spoke.

Volare watched as Parlsona slowly walked toward the injured Kraigon, wanting to make it clear that she wasn't gonna make its wounds worse.

"We aren't here to hurt you. We're here to help you!" Parlsona attempted to reassure the monster.

Stoowarb turned to Volare and asked him a question,

"What injuries does this monster have?"

Volare's throat tightened for a moment as he observed the creature again.

"Well, it's wings seemed damaged. And when it tried to get away from me, its ankles seemed spraint, maybe broken...?"

Stoowarb crossed his arms as he took a look at the monster while Parlsona tried pampering it.

"Well, it can't fly back to its island in that condition!" Stoowarb observed.

Volare nodded slowly in agreement.

"Me and Parlsona should take it to infirmary so it can get healed up before it can return to Wyvern Island." Stoowarb concluded.

Volare and Stoowarb both turn back to look at Parlsona, who had gotten closer to the kraigon to where she is in range of petting it.

"Get away from me!" The kraigon yelped.

"It's okay!" Parlsona smiled softly as she reached her hand out to the kraigon.

The monster cautiously leaned forward to sniff Parlsona's hand. Its tense muscles seemed to finally relax as its fur stopped bristling.

Is that all it took?

Volare raised an eyebrow at the situation.

"We're not here to hurt you." Parlsona repeated. "Only to help you."

When the monster seemed rather relaxed, Parlsona asked,

"What's your name, dear? I'm Parlsona."

The monster seemed hesitant. But eventually, it spoke up.

"...Laizard. My name is Laizard."

The monster's voice became soft as she watched Parlsona.

Parlsona nodded.

"What a pretty name!" She then turned to Volare. "Could you carry them to the infirmary, Volare?" She asked.

Do I have to?

Volare nodded slowly. He cautiously approached the kraigon to pick it up, but as he got too close, the monster reared back as it screeched, causing Volare to stumble backwards a bit.

"No! Get it away from me!" Laizard shrieked.

Volare's eyes widened a bit as he readjusted his hat so his goggles would fit a little better, as it had been bothering him all evening.

Why does she not like me??

He wondered with a disappointed look.

Parlsona placed a hand on Laizard's shoulder.

"He's not gonna hurt you, he's just gonna transport you to the infirmary."

The kraigon pulled away from Parlsona with a skeptical look.

"I'll carry her." Stoowarb offered.

Laizard rolled her eyes as it looks like she's gonna have to deal with it as she let Stoowarb pick her up. Despite her tall stature, Stoowarb had no trouble holding the tall kraigon on his shoulders.

As the Werdos carried Laizard to the infirmary to heal their injuries, Volare decided not to bother as he felt like he's done enough in the situation. He spread out his wings and flapped them a couple of times before he was officially in the sky where he flew up to a random cloud and took another long nap on it, for it has gotten pretty dark already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

639 25 5
Modern Kid Pirates AU A mix between plot and shitposts on ideas we've had for the Kid Pirates (and Reader) set in a Modern AU There will be Plot. Th...
785 59 27
WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME MAY FIND TRIGGERING. UPDATE: SUNDAY HEADS UP: I associate music a lot with writing. One I can do, the o...
421 50 26
The prequel story of 'Why RU BL-ing me once more?!' explaining everything happened prior to the story. For more information regarding to the said nov...
51.2K 2.1K 13
what if the mdzs universe also included secondary genders what if only soulmates react stronger to each other phormones than everybody else what if l...