Sideline Girl

By GoalDigger

I'm just a sideline girl, I've only got half his world.. You always gon' choose her first but, That ain't wha... More

proloɢυe
cнαpтer oɴe

cнαpтer тwo

14.6K 515 392
By GoalDigger

Friday morning arrived way too soon. The sun was barely up, but Sarena's alarm blarred loudly in her ear. She groaned and rolled over to hit the 'snooze' button. She rolled back over and sat up straight.

Her body was aching and her head was throbbing. She partied too hard the previous night. Getting out of bed, she went straight to her bathroom to get ready for her early morning class. Sarena took a light shower, lathering herself in sweet smelling scents and clensing her body.

She had her towel wrapped around her body as she went back into her room. Her phone was buzzing, indicating that she had a phone call. She answered it, "What bitch."

"Goodmoring to you, too, Sunshine." Latavia spoke on the other line. Even though she was in the same house as Sarena, just a room down, she called her to make sure she was awake. "How was the party?"

Latavia had reminded Sarena of her bittersweet experience last night. She took a deep breath and let it out, angrily. She put her friend on speaker phone and tossed it on her bed. "Girl, let me tell you.."

As she retold the story, Sarena scanned through her closet to look for something to wear. Sarena was a fashionista and had to look her best everywhere, and anywhere, she went to. But today, she had decided on wearing a plain, navy blue Spelman sweatshirt that had the school name in white. She grabbed some acid-wash, light blue jeans and her blue, sparkly Uggs out her closet as well. She wasn't in the mood that morning to pick out an outfit, and she needed to focus on her hair anyway.

She sat at her makeup vanity and flat-ironed her curly weave to make it bone straight to reach her lower back. After the 30 minutes it took, she colored her lips with the 'Shy Girl' Mac lipstick and fixed up her eyeliner and mascara. She put on some diamond earings and a diamond laced Michael Kors watch. She made sure all her books and paperwork was in her bookbag as she gathered the rest of her things to put into her tote purse.

Latavia shook her head and smacked her teeth, "I can't believe Khyree did that. I sent him there just to fuck witcho' ass. Damn, my bad, girl," Latavia was just finishing her makeup, "You ready?" She asked her, even though she didn't have to be at her morning class that early. She was going to eat breakfast at the café, then go to study hall.

Talking to Latavia about what happened the night before reminded Sarena to unblock Khyree from her phone. "Mhm, come to my room." Just as soon as she hung up the call, Latavia barged into Sarena's room and scanned her outfit.

While Sarena was dressed like she just woke up, Latavia had on a white fluffy crop top sweater, a burgundy fitted skirt, black stockings, and white sparkly Uggs that matched Sarena's. She had put some effort into what she had on whereas Sarena could careless. "I thought you said you were dressed?" Latavia asked, laughing. Sarena rolled her eyes, making up her bed and touching up her room before she left.

The girls walked out of the room and made sure all the lights were off and the alarm systems were on. They walked outside and stopped on the top step, "So, who driving?" Latavia asked. The building she had to get to wasn't too far to walk to, but it was 5:30 in the morning and the building Sarena had to go to was on the other side of where their house was.

Sarena shrugged, "My car 'bout outda gas anyway."

Latavia huffed and crossed her arms. "Bitch you always makin' that excuse. You had a full tank uh gas yesterday & you only drove 'bout 5 minutes to them damn dorms." She stated. Her car was the one that was almost out of gas because she went everywhere, including the far distances her classes were from her house.

"You ain't even gotda be there til' 6:30, so if you drive your car, you can drop me off then roam around campus and do things til' then."

"What the fuck can a bitch do 'around campus' from 5:30 to 6:30 in da' fuckin morning?" Latavia argued, leading both of the girls to come up with each other's tactics on who should drive and why. As both of them were talking over each other, loudly, they stopped when they heard the engine of a loud truck that began to pull up on their street and came to an ending in front of their house.

Khyree.

Sarena rolled her eyes and picked up her book, "C'mon, Latavia, we takin' my car." She said abruptly, beginning to walk towards the garage. She turned the light on and scrunched up her face, shaking her head. 'Why the fuck is he here, his first class doesn't even start til' 9:00.' The thought was running through her mind.

Since Latavia was lagging behind Sarena, Khyree rolled down his window and called on her. "Latavia, tell Sarena I'ma take ya'll to class." She turned her nose up and rolled her eyes. He wasn't gonna treat her bestfriend like shit and expect her to talk to him. That wasn't how Latavia rolled.

Khyree sighed. It was too early for this. For one, his mother had called him early that morning to pick up his little sister to take her to school. He decided he would take Sarena to her class as well since he had to pass her house to get to his sister's school. He had forgot about Latavia but he didn't mind dropping her off, either. But with them and their attitudes that early, he began rethinking even swinging by.

Turning around, Khyree faced his sister who was kicking the back of his chair out of habit of her OCD. "Khy if they ain't comin', let's just go. I don't wanna miss breakfast again." His younger sister told him.

He shook his head, "I'll go get you sum breakfast from Waffle House. Sarena got mad at me last night and I'm tryna make it up to her." Khyree hopped out of the car as his sister groaned and kicked the back of his chair harder.

He walked towards the garage where Sarena and Latavia were making their way to Sarena's car. "Man, wait." He told Latavia just as soon as she was about to get in the car. Sarena was already in the car, sitting behind the wheel.

Latavia placed her items in Sarena's car but looked back at Khyree. "What the fuck you want, nigga? You fucked up my bitch night, you wanna fuck up her morning too?" Khyree didn't like fucking with Latavia because she was always ready to jump on a nigga when it came to Sarena.

Sarena started her car, causing Latavia to jump. "If you ridin' wit me get in the car Latavia. You ain't gotda argue wit him." Sarena stated, ready to just leave. She was being stubborn; they all knew she was being stubborn. But, who is Sarena without being stubborn?

"Latavia, Erika in the car and she really wanna see ya'll. She ain't seen ya'll in forever." Khyree pleaded, hoping it would effect her some type of way. It did. The frown on her face slightly turned up. Erika was like the little sister Latavia never had so she, and Sarena, always got excited when they had a chance to hang with her.

Before she walked away, Latavia leaned down into Sarena's car, "I'ma be right back. Khyree brought our suh, she in his car. Try to make up with him or something." She closed the passenger side door, rolled her eyes as she passed Khyree, and jogged to the backseat of his car. She opened the door and all Sarena and Khyree heard was high-pitched squealing.

Sarena wanted to get breakfast before she headed to her class, but she saw that that wasn't going to happen. Though it was around 5:40, her class started at 6:15. So, she knew she had to pass because she knew the altercation she was about to get into with Khyree. She also knew she wasn't about to give into whatever Khyree was about to demand from her as he started banging on her window with the palm of his hand.

Sighing, Sarena stopped the car. She took off her seat belt and opened the door. She had no words for him and she didn't even want to look him in his face. Standing before him, she looked down and anxiously rubbed her arm up and down. Meanwhile, Khyree looked down at Sarena and noticed how basic she was dressed. In his mind he thought, 'I can't have a bitch dressed like this with me... but Sarena. She can make anythin' look good.' Khyree couldn't help but lick his lips, and as bad as he wanted to touch her, he knew her too well. Sarena was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

"Goodmorning, Sarena."

Only hearing his voice made her head snap up. He looked gorgeous that morning, even with the bags underneath his eyes. His golden brown eyes shone in the light of Sarena's garage and his slightly cocked smile wasn't that bad either. But just the fact of looking at him made Sarena think about what had happened the previous night, and instead of returning the smile she would have normally given him, Sarena gave him a blank stare. "Why are you here?"

Hearing her voice, Khyree smiled brightly. "C'mon baby, whatchu-" Khyree tried to wrap his arm around Sarena's waist but he wasn't thinking of what he was doing at the time as Sarena jumped away quickly. She spoke through clenched teeth, "Don't fuckin touch me." She closed her car door behind her.

"Ok, my fault. Just let me talk to you." Khyree pleaded, putting his hands up in defense. She was acting as if she was a woman scorned. In his mind, he was the one he shoulda been scorned the way she treated him last night.

Sarena looked at him for a while before rolling her eyes. She pulled the sleeve of her sweatshirt up and checked the time of her watch. "I don't have time to talk. I already missed breakfast cus of yo' ass, I'm not finna miss class either." Sarena moved from in front of Khyree to the front of her car.

Khyree wanted to leave her so bad with her attitude early that morning, but in his heart, he knew he couldn't. Sarena was his love and the fact that he hadn't talked to her in a week and she still had a bitchy attitude was cutting him deep. Most of the things he would never do for a bitch, he'd do it for Sarena. Including begging.

"Lemme just take you to school then and we can talk about it, aight?" Khyree had asked her as he opened her back door and grabbed her bookbag and books. Sarena was on her way to grab her items when Khyree had done so. She just stopped mid-step and looked at him with her arms folded. She sighed, realizing Khyree wasn't going to leave her residence that morning unless she decided to go and talk to him.

Sarena threw her hands up, "Fine." She opened the other side of her car and grabbed Latavia's belongings. After she got Latavia's stuff, she locked her car and turned the lights off in her garage. Exiting it, she closed the car door behind them.

Khyree tossed the items in the trunk of his car with the rest of the girl's stuff. He sat in the driver's seat of his car, waiting on Sarena to get in the passenger's seat. She was outside, giving his sister a hug while she greeted her. Khyree sighed and pulled out his phone;

Toya: Rise and shine, babe. I can't stop thinkin' bout last night. You put it on me.

Holding in the smile he wanted to expose, he gave the text message a small smirk. He opened it and replied, 'You allllready know.'

Sarena finally got into the car as she looked over to a smirking Khyree looking at his phone. Since her and Khyree had started the fling that they had, they never really made their relationship official... but everyone knew what was up with them. She knew better than to ask who Khyree was texting. Not because she didn't want to hear him lie, but because she had a soft heart. She would have been heartbroken if she knew who he was texting and what they were texting about. So instead of questioning his text messages, she smacked the back of his head. "You gon' make all us late, c'mon!"

Khyree sucked his teeth in as he turned his phone off. "Everybody got their seat belts on?" He questioned as Latavia and Erika smacked their teeth. Khyree hated driving when he had other people in the car and their seat belts weren't on. It was his phobia, and since that was the case, he looked over at Sarena, Latavia, and his baby sister to make sure they did have their seat belts on.

Starting up his car, Khyree's radio blarred aloud with a CD his sister gave him for his recent birthday. It was her favorite artist, an ATL R&B singer named Jacquees. Khyree knew alot about music and alot about musicians. He knew about him from listenin to his sister talk about him, but he personally didn't enjoy his music. He felt as if his music could get much more fame than his anyway. He just had to keep working and pushing for a label to sign him.

Latavia, Erika, and even Sarena squealed and sang along as one of Jacquees' most popular songs blasted thru the radio as Khyree pulled off and into the street;

"There she go!

Lookin' like my future baby mama,

Can't nobody do yo body like my body, I'm sorry

Yo mama know what it is

I'm bout to give her all of her grandkids!"

If only Sarena and Latavia was in the car, Khyree wouldn't have hesitated to change the bullshit. But the fact that his sister was with them made him change his mind.

Erika was Khyree's world and also his best friend. When he had problems with Sarena or any other girl, he'd confide in her. Whenever their mama was riding his back, she'd stick up for him. She was only 3 years younger than him, and being a 21st century child, she understood any problem he had. It wasn't vice versa for Khyree though.

Erika had OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. She would constantly do something three times then would go on with whatever she had to do. For example, if she had to roll up a window, she would roll up, roll down, roll up, roll down, then roll back up. Because of this, she was made fun of in middle school and would come home crying to her mother and Khyree. He couldn't say he understood because he had never been bullied but when Erika got to high school, he let the children know wassap. Ever since she'd been in high school, she's a junior now, not one joke, that Khyree knows of, had been cracked on his little sister.

The car played the Jacquees CD and the girls sang every song until Khyree pulled up to Waffle House near Erika's school. He drove into the parking lot of the restaurant and parked his car. He looked up at the time on the dashboard to see it was 6:00. He looked over at Sarena who was looking down at her phone and moving her hips to the beat of the song. He knew she still had hope in going to her morning class, but Khyree knew that she didn't have a chance.

"Aight, what ya'll want?" Khyree asked, taking out the keys from the ignition so the music could completely cut off which lead to all the girls groaning.

Erika had leaned forward, "I want the Texas bacon, egg, and cheese melt and a decafe coffe." Khyree nodded his head as he jotted it down in the notes section on his phone. "Sarena, whatchu want?"

"I want the same thing Erika is having and add a wafffle. Extra butter and whipped cream for my waffle, and instead of a decaf coffee, I want a classic blend coffee. Thank you." Latavia spoke up confidently. She sat back and crossed her legs, looking at her phone which was now placed back into her face.

Khyree stared at her like she was crazy. She was too much to handle. He felt bad for whatever nigga she was fucking with. "Bit.. you know what, nevermind." He shook his head and typed in what she said. He looked at Sarena again who was still looking at her phone but smiling at how he reacted when Latavia spoke.

Smiling, Khyree reached over to touch Sarena's elbow but one stern look at him from the corner of her eye and the smile diminishing from her lips had him thinking otherwise. "I know you don't like that shit they havin, so whatchu want?" Khyree asked, with a sighing tone in his voice.

Sarena shrugged her shoulders, "Two waffles and some sausage, maybe an orange juice. I don't care." Her voice sounded so depressing which made Khyree upset. It was way too early in the morning for her to be like that, she could have waited til the afternoon.

Khyree looked at her for a while then smacked his teeth. "Man, aight." He took his seat belt off and hopped out of the car. He closed the door behind him and walked towards the building, pulling his phone out instantly. 'Might as well hit my hoes up this morning..' He thought to himself.

After watching Khyree go into the restaurant, she turned around to face Latavia who had her phone to her ear and was preparing to say 'hello', and Erika who was giving her a menacing look. Sarena scrunched up her face, "What, E?"

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms against her chest, "Don't 'what E' me, Sarena. Why you treatin my brother like that?" She asked which made Sarena huff. She hated explaining her and Khyree's problems to her which is why she didn't. She always kept whatever she told Erika light so she wouldn't disrespect her brother.

Sarena turned back around in her seat and faced the windshield. She put her elbow on the arm rest and her fist in her cheek. "You always in our business, huh?" She mumbled, not looking back at the golden brown eyes that Khyree had as well.

Erika nodded her head, "Khyree business, my business." She said, matter of factually, "You ain't talk or seen him in a week and this is how you're treating him? You hate him that bad now?"

Before Sarena could say anything back to Erika, Latavia butted in. "Did yo brother tell you what he did to my bitch lastnight? That was fucked all the way up. You know I love you like a suh and fuck with Khyree like my bruh but uh uh, he deserve how Sarena treatin him. Hello?" She said getting back on the phone with whoever she was talking to.

Erika looked at her like she was crazy but before both of them were gonna be arguing that morning, Sarena spoke up. "Ok, it was not that serious. You know what Khyree did to me that made me take that week long break from him? Of course you do cus he can't keep a damn thing to himself, but I saw him yesterday at a party and we got into an altercation that wasn't that serious but I'm still mad that he stood me up on that date we were to have." Shrugging her shoulders, Sarena crossed her arms and turned back around in her seat.

"You know he fucked up that night," Erika began, "and he tried contacting you, contacting you, and contacting you but you could never hit him back up. You know he messed up, you know he far from perfect. So instead of sitting yo ass on that pretty, gold throne of yours lookin down at him, you needa start lookin up to him. Cus at the end of the day, Khyree always gon' be Khyree. So you gotda take him as he is, or you can watch him as he goes." She sat back in her seat and pulled out her phone, indicating she was done with the conversation.

Sarena didn't reply. Not because she didn't know what to say cus Erika always gives her speeches like that about her brother, but because she didn't wanna end her relationship with her. She was just like a little sister to her and Sarena's mouth was just like Latavia's mouth: no filter. She woulda said something that was gon' make Erika mad and end their friendship. So instead of replying, Sarena and Erika sat quietly, just to hear Latavia talk with whoever she was on the phone with.

Time had passed for a little while and Khyree walked out of Waffle House with four individual bags and a cup holder with four cups. He opened Sarena's door and handed her her bag, then went to Latavia's side and did the same. Lastly, he gave a scowling Erika her bag of food and drink. "Wassap?" Khyree had asked her and she did nothing but raise her eyebrows and shake her head.

Khyree finally got into the car and put his food on the tray between his seat and the passenger side seat. Starting his car up, with Jacquees blasting through the speakers, Khyree pulled out of the driveway and headed up the street to Lakeland High School.

He pulled up to the front of the school as cars lined up behind him, dropping their kids off late as well. "Do I gotda sign you in?" Khyree asked Erika as her hand held the door handle. She had already grabbed all her items and was prepared to leave as she shook her head 'no.'

"... hold on right quick," Latavia said to the person and put her phone down, "You gon' get out the car without tellin me bye? Girl, I should slap you." Latavia extended her arms out so Erika could fall into her hug; which is what she did. Smiling, Erika accepted the kiss Latavia planted on her cheek.

Erika opened and closed the car door three times before completely opening it and getting out. She repeated the same process as she closed and opened the door before completely closing it. She went over to Khyree's door and he opened it to give her a hug and a kiss. "Have a good day, aight?" He told her.

She rolled her eyes and nodded her head. "I love you." Khyree had told her before he left her to go. "Love you, too." She said and got out of Khyree's grasp. He closed his door after Erika's goodbye.

Knowing how Erika is, Sarena knew that she would have just walked past her door without even saying goodbye so Sarena opened her door and got out of the car to give her a hug. Sarena wrapped her arms around her neck as she hugged her tightly. "I love youuu, Erika."

Rolling her eyes, Erika returned the hug she was being forced to give. "Okay, Sarena, love you too, damn." She replied, hoping that would make her let go, and it did. She released her tight grasp on her and kissed her forehead like Khyree just did. Erika turned around and started making her way up the steps to the entrance of her school.

Sarena got back into the car and Khyree started pulling off. Sarena danced to the Jacquees song playing as she ate the food Khyree bought her. She looked at the time and she knew she was gonna be late, but it wasn't her first time. She had been late to that class plenty of times. She just didn't expect to be going late today.

Latavia sang loudly to the music, talked on her phone, and also ate her food at the same time which made Khyree take out the Jacquees CD and put in his favorite rapper's CD: J. Cole. He had made the change at a red light and both girls groan. Khyree didn't care though; his car, his rules.

About six minutes later, Khyree had pulled into the parking lot of the science center to drop Latavia off since Sarena was already late for her class and Latavia was a couple of minutes from being late to her class. "... okay, I'll talk to you later. Bye." She spoke, finally hanging up her phone. She grabbed her bookbag and purse, and also her empty plate of food alongside with her coffee. "Thank you, peasant. You better make my bitch happy or I'ma fuck you up." She said, opening her door and getting out of the car.

Speaking thru Sarena's opened window, "Bye, bitch. I'ma text you during class and I'll see you at lunch. Love you, hoe." She winked at Sarena and blew her a kiss. Turning around she made her way into the building, swaying her hips hard, even though her school was dominantly female.

Khyree shook his head and let out a small chuckle, "She too much man, I don't see how you fucked with her for so long." He began pulling off and was back on the road.

Sarena knew she wasn't going to get nowhere, continuing to ignore Khyree, so she smiled a bit. "Me either... but, that's my bitch." Sarena was close to missing the first 10 minutes of class and she knew after that, she couldn't go anymore.

Sarena looked over at Khyree who had a smirk on his face and was shaking his head. Every time they had got into an argument and Sarena spoke to him out of nowhere, he didn't know how to react, which is why he had gotten suddenly silent after she spoke. She didn't want to stare, but she could see how sleepy he was in his eyes. Though she wanted to go to class that morning, she decided it was best if she just went home.

A moment of silence had passed before Sarena looked onto the road. Khyree didn't know where he was going. She opened her mouth to say something but Khyree beat her to it, "Am I suppose to be taking you to class? It's late as fuck now." He didn't look at her, just kept his eyes focused on the road.

Sarena shook her head, "No, it's fine. I'll just go to my 9:00 class this morning." She stuffed her mouth with some waffles and looked out the window, watching Khyree turn the car around.

He nodded and whipped the wheel, "So, would you mind if I go back to my dorm and eat and sleep... or you want me to take you home?" Khyree questioned, respectfully. Normally, he wouldn't ask to take her to his place, he'd just do so.

This Khyree wasn't what Sarena liked, but she wasn't trippin. It was nice of him to be acting that way. "No, it's cool. We can go to your dorm." When she said that, she was expecting Khyree to smile, laugh, or lick his lips... but, he just nodded with no expression to grace his face.

She covered her plate of food so when she got to his dorm, they could eat together and talk about whatever he wanted to talk about. Pulling out her phone, she silently scrolled through her Instagram page. Khyree had turned the music from something she liked, to something he like.

She so happened to look at him, sitting leaned back, right hand on the wheel, and rapping along with J. Cole:

"I know I can be so selfish

I can tell by how I treat you with my girl, damn she so selfless

But she put up with my ways,

Because she love me like you do

And though it don't always show,

I love her just like I love you.."

As she sat and listened to the song that was playing, her head started bobbin. J. Cole wasn't that bad... but she'd like to listen to Jacquees moreover. She was debating if she should take the CD out and put back the other one, but then again, Khyree was acting weird. She didn't have time for him to up and slap her ass for changing the music.

Sarena laid back and scrolled thru her phone the rest of the 10 minute drive to Clark Atlanta's campus. When they got to the dormitory that Khyree stayed in, he parked directly in front of it. Stopping the car, he pulled the keys out of the ignition and let out a long sigh. He was way too tired.

Khyree grabbed his bag of food and his keys. Not looking back at Sarena at all, he closed his door and pulled out his phone, waiting to hear Sarena's door close.

He had a couple text messages from some hoes and a couple of phone calls, but one voice call from his mother. 'I dun took her daughter to school, what more does she want?' He thought as he heard Sarena's door close.

Khyree pressed a button on his key and locked his car. He went into the dorm room building and walked towards the elevator with Sarena right behind him. He pushed the button and the elevator opened, him stepping in then Sarena. She pushed the button to the 3rd floor since she had been to his room plenty of time.

Sarena looked at Khyree the whole ride up while he looked down at his phone. She was starting to get agitated. She didn't like when he ignored her, but she couldn't do nothing about it. She had been ignoring him that whole morning, nevermind the fact that she snapped on him twice with only looks on her face.

The elevator stopped and opened, revealing two dudes who Khyree had never seen before. They first looked at Khyree, then averted their attention to Sarena. One of the dudes stared at Sarena harder than they other which made Khyree mug both of the two college students and let Sarena walk off the elevator before him, so nothing could happen as he stood their. They just watched as she passed them and Khyree walked after her. That made Sarena smile to herself, knowing how protective Khyree was over her.

She made her way down the hallway to Khyree's room and waited for him to check in with his card key. After doing so, Khyree walked into the room and Sarena walked in behind him which made her twist her lips up. 'Okay, bitch. Be rude then.' She thought to herself.

The room had two beds, one shelf, two desks, two dressers, and one bathroom. Khyree's roommate, Chevy, was gone so Sarena assumed he had a 3 hour 6 am class like herself. She went over to Khyree's desk and made herself comfortable. Khyree tossed his bag of food, keys, and phone onto his bed and jumped into his bed right after them.

Taking off his shoes, Khyree took off his shirt next, exposing his 6-pack and the couple tattoos that were on top of his chest. The view was all too familiar to Sarena, but the fact that he was tired made the view look ten times more sexier.

Khyree leaned forward and grabbed his plate of food and placed it on his chest. He picked up the remote control that was on his bedside table and turned on the flat screen TV that hung on the dorm's wall. It was only 6:50 in the morning so there wasn't anything poppin on TV.

Skipping channels, Khyree went to on demand to play one of Sarena's favorite movies: The Fault in Our Stars. Khyree went to see the movie with Sarena the day it came out and he hated the fuck out the movie. The only reason why he played it was because Sarena was his company, and he wanted her to feel at home while he slept.

A smiling Sarena turned her chair around and kicked off her boots. She sat back down and crossed her legs in an Indian style and placed her plate of food in her lap. Looking over at Khyree, she noticed his attention was on his phone as he ate his food. She let out a breath she had been holding in.

He was not only playing with Sarena's emotions, but he was having fun with it. Sarena knew that he was only trying to get back at Sarena for how she acted last night, but he was going too far. He never did something like this before which is why Sarena didn't know how to take it. In all honesty, she wouldn't mind the annoying, touchy, feely Khyree from last night and earlier that day. She missed him so much and she was craving him badly.

But, it took more than just a silent treatment to get Sarena to come crawling to you.

She watched her favorite movie and ignored the fact that Khyree continued to smile at his phone. She wished her focus could be on the movie before her but he was really taking her attention away. But the strong vibration on the desk took all of Sarena's attention away. "Hello?" She spoke, answering her phone.

"Morning, Sarena. I know you in class but I need you to do me a favor, sis." Was the words that she heard her brother, Michael, tell her through the phone.

He was only a year and a half older than her, but he acted as if he was a year and a half younger. He wasn't in Atlanta like the rest of his family because he attended a low class, bad reputation college in Columbus. Their family shone Sarena for her many accomplishments but barely acknowledged Michael, but Sarena treated him like how her parents treated her which is why whenever he had any kind of problem or situation he couldn't handle, he'd contact her.

Sarena swallowed hard. She wasn't in class; if Michael actually knew where she was, he wouldn't have hesitated to drive to Atlanta and give her a homesick ass whoopin. He hated Khyree with a passion, and the feeling was mutual with Khyree. He never thought that Khyree was a good influence for his baby sister, and even though Sarena's other relatives thought this as well, they got over the fact because they knew how long Khyree and Sarena had been together and they knew that they both had strong feelings for each other. Michael always stood his ground in what he thought about Khyree, and even though Michael loves her, he can't wait for the day he could rub it in everyone's face and tell the 'I told you so.'

"Yeah bro, wassap?" Sarena asked, with a shake in her voice.

Michael heard the lying in her voice, but didn't speak upon it. In his mind, he thought she was in class so he didn't wanna hold up her time. "I need $250 by this Friday. You can send it to me in a money order if you don't have the cash. Okay? Bye. Love you, sis." He said quickly before hanging up the phone.

"Wait, what-" Sarena got a chance to say before she heard the dial tone on the other line. "That's nice." She mumbled to herself as she turned her phone off and placed it back on the desk, faced down. Rolling her eyes, she went back to watching the movie.

Khyree closed his empty plate and placed it back into the bag and dropped it onto the floor. He turned his phone off and crossed his left leg over the other and flexed his arms behind his head. He fixed his eyes on the wack ass movie before him. They fluttered as he looked at the TV. Before they completely shut, he looked over at Sarena. She had her plate moved to the top of the desk and her hands in her lap, watching the movie.

Khyree wanted to talk to her but her attitude was something else. He tried to apologize multiple times, when he tried to touch her, she looked at him like he was a bum... what more could a nigga do? 'For one bitch..?' He thought to himself. 'Pshh, hell naw.'

He was grown now and he had hunnies from every which way. It wasn't back in high school where Sarena was the baddest bitch to walk the halls; this was real life. Khyree liked it, and if Sarena didn't, she could bounce. As much as he wanted her, he wasn't ready to deal with mood swings. She could move onto another affectionate nigga with allat. His eyes closed, thinking and falling asleep at the same time.

Seeing that Khyree was on the verge of falling asleep, Sarena swallowed her pride as she stood up. She didn't want to give in too quickly but it was Khyree. That was her baby and she hadn't seen him in a full week and she didn't want the silence between them anymore.

Sarena walked over to Khyree's bed and looked down at him before entering. His eyes were closed and she realized he was half way awake, half way asleep. She smiled and climbed in beside him, making him wake up immediately. Groaning, Khyree sat up on his head board and looked down at Sarena who had placed her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. She laid one of her legs on top of Khyree's crossed ones and the other one on the side of his legs. "Wassap, what's wrong?" Khyree asked, not understanding why she came and laid with him.

Sarena's fingers ran across Khyree's tattoos before answering. She shook her head and sighed. "I was just a little cold over there." Lying, Sarena looked back at the movie as if she didn't even say what she just did.

Khyree grabbed the remote again and turned the TV off. He knew when Sarena was lying or was telling the truth, only because she was a horrible liar. To Khyree, it was the worst time for her to be lying to him. He wanted to get a least a little rest in before his class started. "Man, Sarena, I ain't playin witchu. I'm done witchu and these fuckin mood swings from last night to today," Grabbing her chin, Khyree turned her head to look at him in his eyes, "So you face me like the grown woman you are and let me know wassap or you can sit back in that chair and wait for my ass to wake up. You feel me?" Khyree rarely snapped on Sarena, but whenever he did, he meant business. Since Sarena knew this, she never dared to fuck with him when his mood change to such.

Sarena wasn't a crier, especially not over someone who didn't share the same blood as her. So to get her to cry was merely impossible, which is why ever since Khyree knew her, he only saw her cry twice. He could spit the most hateful venom to her, and not a single tear wouldn't roll down her cheek but her feelings would be hurt a little... which was what he had just done. The way he spoke to her only pierced her heart, but it went right back to normal after a second. Still looking up at him, she replied, "I just missed you so much, Khyree, and being mad at each other after not seeing or hearing from each other in a week is really workin my fuckin nerves. You being an asshole to me ain't makin it no better." She rolled her eyes and turned her head back towards the movie.

"So, you just gon act like I ain't got the right to be an asshole?" said Khyree, "You think I wanna do you like this purposely? Hell nah. I missed you, too, Sarena, but I ain't fuckin witcho emotional outbreaks no more, the fuck." He finished, mumbling the last part. Khyree knew, at this point, he wasn't going to get that rest.

Khyree's statement had Sarena on high alert. 'The fuck?' she thought, sitting up quickly and looking back at him. "So whatchu saying? You don't wanna fuck with me no more?" Sarena had stood up at this point, "Everything that we've been thru and you just gon diss me like that? I'm the one that-"

Sighing, Khyree leaned forward and grabbed Sarena's hand. He sat up straight and threw his legs off the bed and pulled Sarena in between them. He wrapped his arms around her waist and looked up at her. "Babygirl, you know that's not what I'm saying. Your emotional ass dun got too grown, treating me like how you did last night. That shit really fucked with me, and I tried to make it up to you today but you brushed me off. What more can I do? I'm not gon chase you for the rest of my life, Sarena." He leaned his head forward onto Sarena's chest, and hugged her waist as she stood there with her arms crossed.

Sarena heard everything Khyree said but the last part caught her offf guard. 'He's not gonna chase me for the rest of his life?' To most, it sounded very petty on Sarena's side. Then again, her and Khyree vowed to stay together, even get married, no matter what obstacles came in their way. But, this wasn't the time to bring her feelings into the conversation. She knew he was tired, extremely tired, so she wasn't going to hold him up. She grabbed his arms and pulled them away from her waist. "We'll talk about it later. Get your rest." The tone it her voice showed all the attitude she still held.

Sarena attempted to walk back to her chair at the desk but Khyree took a grasp to her forearm. Not trying to show her attitude, she stopped and turned around to face him. Looking into each other's eyes, Sarena couldn't help but smile at the serious stare Khyree was giving her. She placed the sleeve that covered her hand onto her mouth so he couldn't see the smile. "What?" Her muffled voice asked.

Khyree grabbed the both of Sarena's hands, "I love you from the moon and back, Sarena..."

That was the moment that Sarena zoned out. Those were the words that always had Sarena wrapped back into Khyree's arms. Khyree wasn't an emotional person and he never expressed his feelings, and those words weren't too easy to cross his path, so Sarena knew whenever he said it, he meant it. But then again, she was still not dumb enough to believe that him saying it meant it was true. She was too smart for Khyree's shenanigans; she wasn't too smart for falling in love at such a young age.

"... and, I just want you to know that I'ma be with you every step of the way. You feel me?" At that point, Khyree had stood up and was looking down at Sarena. He let her hand go and let one arm wrap around her waist.

Sarena could only look up and nod at him. He didn't know it, but he got her. She was his again. Fuck the hoes, the bitches, the extras. Her heart belonged to Khyree and hopefully, his belonged to her. Khyree's free hand caressed her chin before pulling it up and making their lips meet.

Sarena's hands moved from the sides of her body to one on Khyree's face, and the other wrapped around his neck. It was the sweetest kiss the two had shared in a long time which is why when they started, it was difficult to pull them apart. They were two love birds, no matter how many arguments or disagreements that occured between the two, it was impossible for them to stay away.

Khyree sat back down on the bed, never unlocking lips with Sarena. This gave her the advantage to sit on his lap, straddling him by wrapping her legs around his waist. He supported her by holding her by her waist. One of his hands made its way up to her hair and fluffed it around as the kiss they started expanded into something else.

Sarena's arms, which were once wrapped around Khyree's neck, went to the side of her body as she started pulling her sweatshirt off. Her lips, unattatched from Khyree's, gave him the opportunity to look at her and bite his bottom lip. She had always been blessed with a body Khyree liked which is why she was never underconfident when it came to undressing in front of him.

Khyree helped her take off her white cami she had under her sweatshirt, exposing Sarena in only her green, Victoria Secret lace bra. Khyree couldn't help but smile, seeing the situation that he invited himself into. His hands, at Sarena's lower back, pushed in, causing her to lean up and Khyree kissed her again, harder, yet passionate. His kisses traveled from her lips to her chin to her neck.

When his lips moved off of her neck, Sarena grasped his chin and gave him another peck on the lips. She hopped off his lap and went towards the light switch, cutting it off. She also went to the dorm door and made sure the two locks on it were locked. She looked back to see Khyree, who had a new position on the bed. He laid back with his hands behind his head, prepared for whatever Sarena had in store for him.

Smiling, Sarena walked back towards the bed and got in beside Khyree. She wrapped one arm around his waist and used her other hand to pull the covers up onto both of their bodies. Comfortably, she laid her head on the pillow under her head and closed her eyes. All the while, Khyree looked at her in shock.

Khyree, whose eyes were bugged and mouth slightly open, was at a loss for words. Sarena had did it plenty of times but this time Khyree just knew he was about to get it on. "What tha fuck, Sarena?" Using one of his hands, he slightly pushed her.

She laughed, "I'm tired, Khy. I been up since 5. Let's sleep." She told him as she snuggled closer to him. Sarena couldn't help but smile as she opened one eye and peeked up to look at his disappointed face. 'The fuck he thought?' She asked herself, holding in a giggle as well.

Khyree was still confused, and also aggravated. Smacking his teeth, he said, "Man, whatchu mean, 'let's sleep?' I-"

"I meant exaxtly what I meant when I said it. You should be glad that I'm actually going this far, the fuck? You thought that we made up? We still gotda talk about it but before we do let's sleep." Sarena snapped, making Khyree place his hands up in defense, and creating a smile on Sarena's face again. Khyree turned his body towards Sarena so they could lie face to face. He grabbed her backside as he pushed her body closer to his.

With no words exchanged, the two just stared at each other, not knowing what one another was thinking but having a feeling that they did know. Each other. They were thinking about each other and how far it took for both of them to get where they were today. Even though they weren't together, they knew what was up. Their friends knew what was up. Their family knew what was up. People who didn't even know them knew what was up. And, that's the way they seemed to like it.

Khyree placed his forehead on Sarena's and gave her a light kiss on her lips. "Goodnight, baby." He told her, making her shake her head and smile. Her hand moved from his waist to his face as she replied back, "Goodnight, Khyree." She pecked his lips one more time before shutting her eyes and preparing for her two hour sweet dreaming.

But even though those who did know what was up was determined to bring them down, no matter what it took.

And, as long as a man was a man, and a woman was a woman, Khyree and Sarena lives would never be the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...