Kiths

By Wombat_Cosmogonal

Izuku Yagi was part of a family like any other, happy and healthy. Along with his sister, the two were though... More

Author's note [Skippable]
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Crash
Chapter 3 - Estrangement & Riven minds
Chapter 4 - Perceived
Chapter 5 - Gone
Chapter 6 - Regret
Chapter 7 - A meeting of the minds
Chapter 8 - Entrance
Chapter 9 - Selfhood
Chapter 10 - The first of many
Chapter 12 - Nightowl
Chapter 13 - Vigilant v. Vigilante
Chapter 14 - Vigilant v. Vigilante II
Chapter 15 - Fulmination
Chapter 16 - Audience
Concert #1 [Skippable]
Chapter 17 - USJ
Chapter 18 - Insurgents
Chapter 19 - One to the next
Chapter 20 - Combat
Chapter 21 - Frozen over
Chapter 22 - Fracture
Chapter 23 - A name for themselves
Chapter 24 - Grime
Chapter 25 - Shaken
Concert #2 [Skippable]
Chapter 26 - Interview
Chapter 27 - Dichotomy
Chapter 28 - Stampede
Chapter 29 - Superimposed
Chapter 30 - Demised
Chapter 31 - Unstable
Concert #3 [Skippable]
Chapter 32 - Vigilant v. Vigilante III
Chapter 33 - Premonition
Chapter 34 - Shock
Chapter 35 - Incrimination
Chapter 36 - Incoming
Chapter 37 - Reunion
[Extended] Chapter 38 - Overhaul v. Fist
Chapter 39 - Blaze
Chapter 40 - Caught up
Chapter 41 - Pathway
Chapter 42 - Clash of the minds
Chapter 43 - Tear
Chapter 44 - Chase
Chapter 45 - Prelude
Chapter 46 - Signs of Culmination
Chapter 47 - Hand-to-Hand
Chapter 48 - Open mind
Chapter 49 - Last chains
[Extended] Chapter 50 - The Finale
Gallery
Gallery Part 2

Chapter 11 - Demonstration

1.1K 27 6
By Wombat_Cosmogonal

Here it is. Here it is! HERE IT IS!

UA high!

I'm actually here!

This is the best day of my life.

--5 minutes later-

This is the worst day of my life.

Who thought that making the school hallways all identical was a good idea? I'm so lost!

*bump*

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm just a bit lost and I wasn't looking, forward..."

I bumped into a man that looked like a reusable coffee cup, with a gray top.

"Don't worry about it, what was your candidate number?"

"N. 241?"

"Wait for a second... Are you Yagi?"

"Yes?"

"Oh, then you just go there and right, the first door there."

"Thank you! What's your name?"

"You can call me Aizawa, known for kicking out all classes at once, see ya later"

I left while hearing a chuckle behind me, I should be careful with how I act around that teacher...

I made my way following his instructions until I saw a door with the sign 1-A. The top heroics class! I'm very excited.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door, I have to make sure I give a good first impression of myself to these elite students.

"Don't put your feet on the table!" "Shut up four-eyes!"

"Yeah, so I turn stupid when I shock myself too much" "I feel like we have similar interests, wanna be my helper-peeper?"

"Are you Yagi?"

Through all the chaotic conversations I heard my name from a brown-haired girl.

"Yes?"

"Oh, you are!" The girl shook my hand, "I just wanted to thank you for saving me on the entrance exam."

"Oh it wasn't that big of a deal, I should thank you for saving me afterward," I responded with a smile.

"Is your arm ok? It looked awful," she was talking about the backlash from using dad's quirk. It's still so much power, my body can't handle it yet even if I trained.

"Do you work out?" she asked.

"What?"

"When I shook your hand, I can tell it was very strong."

"Well thanks, but... what's your name?"

"Oh, where are my manners? My name is Uraraka Ochaco," she said with a big smile.

"I'm Yagi Izumi."

As soon as I said that, I felt a gaze and turned to see Bakugo who was looking straight at me. I just smiled at him. Of course, he got into the hero course with no issue.

"10 seconds" a voice came from nowhere.

I looked to see the teacher from earlier standing in front of the whiteboard, how long had he been there?

"10 seconds and no one noticed me, not promising. Now go to your seats."

We quickly just went with whatever was free, I did not want to piss this teacher off, even if he looked to be the caffeine hero.

"Right so, My name is Aizawa, and I'm your homeroom teacher for this semester. Put on your PE uniforms, were doing a quirk assessment test"

As quick as he said it, the wall opened to show a bunch of blue uniforms.

"What!? What about the freshmen ceremony?" asked Ochaco.

"You see, what's nice in this school is that I can teach my classes however I want, so get ready and come to the gym."

We all quickly took our set and went downstairs to the changing rooms.

"WOW!" someone yelled.

I turn to see a pink-skinned girl pointing at me.

"Uhh? Me?"

"How the- How do you have so much muscle?!"

"Well, I did some training?"

"Don't lie to me! THIS-" she said and held up my arm. "-IS WHAT YOU CALL TRAINING!?"

It was at this point that I saw that every girl was looking at me which made me a bit anxious.

"Yes?"

"How crazy was your trainer... Oh, I'm Mina by the way!"

I slipped on my shirt, which definitely showed my figure a bit more than the other uniform, and said, "I'm Yagi Izumi, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Mina and I walked outside talking about our admission process before we arrived where all the boys were. I felt a strange gaze.

"That gaze you feel is from the class pervert, he's called Mineta," Mina whispered in my ear.

I turned to the grape child and gave him a demonic look in his big eyes, which he seemed to understand the message.

"Alright," said Aizawa, "We're going to do something like a physical assessment test, however, unlike the very productive ministry of education, it's going to be with your quirks."

"Bakugo, since you got first place in the entrance exam, what was your longest softball throw?"

"67 meters"

"Try it with your quirk," Aizawa said, handing him a softball with a metal ring on it.

Bakugo stepped in and riled back his arm, "DIEEEE!"

I don't know why he yelled that but the ball flew out of sight akin to a rocket ship.

"705 meters, this is how you determine your maximum" A collective gasp echoed through the class.

"Really..? That far?" someone in the class said.

"Demonstrations are over, time for an 8-part test, last gets expelled, are you ready?"

"Yeah! WHAT!?" The class collectively said again.

UA is the best of the best, I guess I should have expected this I thought to myself.

But this is bad.

As much as I trained, muscles can't do much against genetic phenomena, so I got last place, or near last place in most exams. The last one I can do is the softball throw, I can only sacrifice my arm for it. I need an outstanding result if I want to stay in.

And now the softball throw, this is the only thing that I can at least get a decent score in. "Yagi, you're up. Stay in that circle and do whatever you want."

I step in the circle and wind up my arm, then I prepare myself and think of all my power reaching my arm.

"GO!"

The ball didn't go anywhere significant. "Wondering what happened?" I turned to see Aizawa with his hair up and his captured weapon floating around him.

"If I let you use your quirk right now, you would be out of commission for the rest of the day. Do you think that will be useful as a hero?" The momentary silence held weight, this... this feeling- I couldn't say anything. "You could knock down one building to save someone, but then who will save you?"

"I-"

"Real heroes turn unfair situations on their own, they don't need anyone else to save people. So what will you do? What will YOU do?" he was just pointing at me while he stood frozen and distraught.

If I'm the daughter of the number one hero, how could I be so weak?

"You have no potential. Go finish your test." Aizawa said and walked back with his hair falling down.

'I can't just give up, putting in so much effort for this can't be wasted, I can't just let what I took from my brother be useless... I need to make it work!'

Then I got an idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 21.8K 100
No one has the right to intervene in the life of another person. That was something Izuku knew but ignored soo many times. He wanted to help, and the...
213K 9.3K 40
With his dreams shattered and his future seeming to be lost, Izuku Midoriya runs. He ran away from police custody before they even knew what to do wi...
26.1K 1.1K 15
Where there is a secret there is always drama! Izuku Midoriya was a heroes child and he knew it. Not only that but his mother never wanted him. What...
2M 73K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...