Exchange Student: A Dream Hig...

By MightyBrand3464

Disclaimer: Contains Strong language and some violence. I've also taken the liberty to proofread my story so... More

~Eric Park (에릭) Version 2.12
~Galaxy Ent Trainees
A Timeline of Galaxy Entertainment
SOPA High Seniors
~Alumni Juniors
~Alumni Sophomores
~Alumni Freshmen
~Galaxy Entertainment + Minor Characters
🇰🇷 The Hallyuverse 🇰🇷
Invitation
Business as Usual
Moving to Seoul City
Auditioning
New Student
The Trot Queen
Announcement
The Charismatic Chaebol
Weekend Shenanigans
The little songbird
A New Rivalry
New Developments
The girl with the golden voice
Dance Class
The Rapper with the Quiet Voice
The Promise
Best Frenemies
The Girl with the Headphones
Dance Class #2
~Sad Song by U
Weekend in Itaewon
The Boy with the quiet voice
A New Proposition
Reuniting with Annie Kim
Meeting an old friend
Eric's Singing Tour
Meeting Eunwoo
Musical Session with Jihoon
~Venus by Shinhwa ❤️❤️
Meeting the Posse
~Bounce + The Interview! 🎥🎤
Registration
Idol Homecoming
SOPA High Danceoff Premiere!
Yuna's Confidence
A friendly match between men
Clash Between Seniors
C-Pop vs K-Pop
Courageous Battle to the end
Finding Jihyo's heart
Settling The Score
A Moment of Faith
Experience vs Talent
Jackson's Revenge
Bitter memories
Boiling Point
The Might of the YG Girls
A Match of Honor
Cracks of a fragile alliance
Happy Reunions
Calm Before the Storm
Preparation Time
Approaching Climax
A Battle for Wits
Remembering Who You Are
The Aftermath
A New Student?
More Students (Season 2)
A Brush with Death
A New Training Room
Surprise Attack

IU's Delimma

17 0 0
By MightyBrand3464

Monday

"Hi guys it's been a while hope everyone is doing okay." Eric entered the room.

"Eric, what are you doing here!?" Sooyoung eagerly waved.

"Shouldn't you be with the boys in the training room?" Nayeon raised an eyebrow.

"Unfortunately, Jungkook has been feeling sick this week. He said something about having a bad flu not to mention homework is starting to pile up, so I'll have to focus on school for now." Eric explained.

"That's horrible, poor Jungkook-ah tell him I wish him great recovery." Nayeon stated her concern.

"I'm so tired Hyori-ah today." Mun entered the room exhausted.

"I know, but we got through another early morning meeting."

"That's great, but they do they have to go on about sales. I don't know if have the energy to really help Jieun with her songwriting." Mun yawned.

Eric's ears perked up at the mention of songwriting.

"You have given her enough time and training for her to figure out on her own. Let her focus on her own thing remember you have to prepare for Shinhwa's comeback soon."

"I know, but Junsu isn't here to help and I don't want her to get delayed yet again because of difficulties. Now if you excuse me Hyori-ssi I have some things to work with. Jieun-ah needs someone to help her finish with writing her music." Mun said.

"You said songwriting!?" Eric jumped almost too quickly.

"Settle down boy, you're being too loud." Jisoo said.

"Wait you can write music oppa?" Rose asked with interest.

"I used to write them whenever I was dealing with something. Leave it me ajusshi!! I can help IU noona with the writing section." Eric unzipped his bookbag revealing several papers of unfinished lyrics in English and Korean. There was so much paper that some fell to the floor.

"Incredible writing Eric and you learned this all by yourself?" Mijoo asked passing to Jiyeon who gave it to Jisoo and Eunbi who were surprised at such skill.

"Yeah, back in middle school to overcome with stress I write what I feel on the paper. At first it was a form of therapy, but now I write for fun." Eric explained.

"Gosh Eric you're like very talented!!" Nayeon gasped looking at the sets of notes.

"It's like I'm reading some fancy poetry right here." Sooyoung adds.

"The writing is mildly impressive to say the least. It seems I misjudged you commoner." Jisoo said bluntly.

"I have to agree with unnie, these are quite impressive for a trainee. I can only imagine what you'll be like as an idol." Eunbi nodded.

"You have some talent child I see a potential artist here." Hyori chuckled looking at Eric's paper.

Mun took some of the paperwork and nodded how impressive the work is for a young child. Just maybe, he could be useful for helping the poor girl.

"That's impressive work you have kid, I see it wasn't just for bragging rights back at the audition. I'll let you have one opportunity, I expect you to finish by the end of the week. Jieun-ah is upstairs. Go to room on the right upstairs she's waiting. " Mun instructed Eric.

"Thanks ajusshi I promise you won't be disappointed!" Eric grinned stuffing his papers back inside his backpack before heading towards out of the room.

"Oppa is so lucky he gets to work with IU unnie!!" Sooyoung pouts.

Eric took a few stairs up that led to narrow hallway. After going through several doors, he found the right one he was looking for.

"Mun oppa I was looking over-" Jieun realized it was Eric that entered.

"Mianhe for the wait, ajusshi had some things to take care. I told him that I can help you with the songwriting since Junsu hyung isn't here." Eric sat down on the desk apart from Jieun.

Now he understood why Jungkook likes her so much. Every Korean knows about IU, she has become Korea's little darling due to her innocent doll-like appearance and the fact she was very young when she debuted. According to Jungkook he was fan of her since day one and that he joined this agency because of her. There she was smiling a certain type of smile most boys would fall in love for.

"I'm surprised to see you here Eric. How are things going at SOPA high?"

Eric coughed trying to calm himself. "It's been good noona, I made a lot of friends this semester so far. Now I see why they're considered the largest school in the country."

"It can be a really large school, I remember attending there a while back, I helped Nayeon-ah when she first auditioned. She was full of energy, I can't believe she's halfway done with highschool." Jieun giggles.

"I saw a lot of famous people there. Bae Suzy and Sulli welcomed me in during the first day." Eric chuckled remembering that incident from the first day of school.

"Bae Suzy has always been a kind soul that's why she's class representative. Sulli-ah can be a little bit too hyper sometimes, but she is a great person to be around. I'm glad you had a great time. Are you excited about the competition?" Jieun smiled at Eric.

"I am excited noona this will be the chance to really prove myself! I been leading Jungkook and Matthew through the weeks and we added two new members. We raised quite a group so far, I'm confident we can beat Taeil's group." Eric said with confidence in his voice.

"I'm glad you're fitting in here I know it must've been quite a experience moving to a new country." Eric blushed feeling contact from Jieun's soft hands.

"A-Anyways, I heard you were looking for someone to help." Eric coughed, getting Jieun to let go much to Eric's relief/disappointment.

"Gamsahabnida for asking, I have the paper right here. Writing still feels awkward for me so I need someone to proofread." She handed over her lyrics.

Eric read some of the materials. The content read something of a heartbreak romance. The song could easily fit for a drama honestly with the tragic theme going on here.

"It needs a few work here and there. The emotion is clearly there, but we may need to add a little more verses." Eric got immediately back to work.

He spent the whole day getting a feel for the type of music she wants. Hearing the instrumentals it sounded like a generic ballad, like the ones you hear during the break ups in the dramas. There were some guitar riffs in the bridges. Overall, a sad heartbreak song. It was only thirty seconds and he understood the type of writing he might do.

"I have to head back home noona I'm grateful for having the chance to work with you."

"It's no big deal I had a great time seeing you work. I can tell you're hard working." Jieun complemented.

Eric blushed at receiving such praise from a pretty senior like her. Bowing politely, he went back to the training room seeing everyone else left.

"Guess I took too long." Eric said feeling disappointed. He said his goodbyes to the reception before his father drove him back home.

"What took so long oppa the kids already feel asleep?" Jiwon questioned after opening the door.

"It's been aojg day today I'll explain when I have more energy." Eric yawned before heading to his room.

"Today was a very long day. Helping out noona was much harder than I anticipated. I just hope Jungkook is feeling better we really need him." He put on his pajamas and plopped himself to bed.

The next day

He woke up a little later than usual immediately went to the shower to wake himself up. After that he put on the same gold blazer of the school before heading downstairs.

"You're five minutes late we're about to finish breakfast."

"Yesterday was really exhausting Jiwon-ah cut me some slack!!" Eric yawned still feeling sleepy.

Eric quickly chomped on some cereal providing him with the energy needed to get through today.

"How are you and Jungkook doing?"

"Jungkook is sick right now, so he won't be active in the meantime and Matthew and Daniel have homework to catch up." Eric pulled out a few papers.

"You're still writing music oppa I thought you gave up on that?" Jiwon grabbed some of the papers.

"Mun-nim tasked me to write lyrics for IU noona!! I finally get the chance to prove myself!" Eric said in excitement.

"You're so lucky you get to be with unnie!"

"I know right!!" Eric said slurping the remaining milk left from his cereal.

Once again Eunji was the one who dropped them off to class. Today was relatively peaceful. Eric and Matthew had to explain that Jungkook wasn't feeling well. The teachers felt pity for the boy so they wished him a good recovery. Rose seemed more than worried after hearing that. She kept following them until Eric reached his second class.

"You need to go class Chaeyoung-ah I can't really tell you if Jungkook is coming today."

"I was hoping you have at least answers." The young girl twiddled her fingers.

"Unfortunately I don't, but I'll let you know after school if I hear anything from him." Eric said with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Eric you're so lucky to have the chance to write music. I'm also like to write music we should work together one of these days." Chaeyoung waved goodbye.

"I'll consider that I may have to see what you wrote if you have time." Eric said before heading to class.

After a several more classes it was time for lunch. He scanned to see if Taeyong was here or not and thankfully he wasn't.

"Guess it's time to get back into writing." Eric pulled out a folded paper that included some lyrics. While eating his mother's meal he quickly got to work. He visualized the scene again.

IU or Lee Jieun was confronting her cheating love interest. He visualized the pain she felt upon that moment. That feeling of betrayal and heartache realizing that her lover was unfaithful to her. Knowing that after that emotional investment went to waste.

~Neodo na cheoreom nal saenggag hani
Neodo gakkeumeun nae saenggage
Nunmul heullimyeo ireoke tto na cheoreom

Jieun is singing while trying to forget her sadness. She just couldn't suppress that sadness no matter how hard she tried. The image of the bastard's face was there and it only caused her more pain.

~Gaseumi apa bulleo seulpeun
Noraeman bulleo
Neoreul mot ijeo bulleo
Kkeutnan sarang ijiman
Nae salang good bye, good bye, good bye

"Wow that's some depressing music you got there. Which maiden broke your heart?" a male student approached him. He looked very handsome by what Eric could describe. His lips were his most prominent features and he has a style similar to upperclassman Jimin.

"Um thanks... but who are you?"

"Depends on how you can answer the question. That type of writing seems very personal, I wonder who the harlot was who broke your heart." the male answered.

Seeing there no other way out he sighed.

"I think you're misunderstanding the situation here, this writing is for a senior artist from an agency I work with. I was just trying to visualize what she felt. She did a wonderful for what she has given me, I just need to finish her work."

"You do a very good job at it. You're that foreign student everyone's been clamoring about, the student from America?"

"Yes...?"

"Thought so, you do look a little different from everyone. Your Korean sounds very good for a foreigner."

"I appreciate the complement, my parents would always practice to me at home, so it came rather naturally to me."

"How are you liking school so far sophomore?" asked the boy.

"It was fine, I got to meet a lot of people, Bae Suzy and Sulli noona even greeted me the first day." Eric stated.

"Suzy-ah has always been captivating, no what matter what she does she still remains like a goddess. I hope to have her heart one day!!" he said dramatically making a lovestruck face.

"What agency are you from?" asked Eric.

"Ah the curious one, I like that! It doesn't really matter even I do say it because it's a very small company. They're called Top Media, you might have heard it from Wooseok-ah. He has a habit of blabbering his mouth. How about you, new student?"

"I come from Galaxy Entertainment from Eric Mun of Shinhwa. I've only had one month of training so far." Eric explained.

"Is that so sophomore, you're going to have a time here. You see SM has a personal grudge against your CEO and he's tried to blacklist them several times."

"I heard of stories like that, did they say why?" Now Eric was really curious could it related to JYJ sunbaenim?

"It's related to the ex-TVXQ members that a part of your company. Ever since then there has been beef. I'm giving one advice, avoid the SM boys at any moment, they run this school like it's their playground. You're lucky Taeyong got in trouble for starting a fight otherwise they would've been some legal drama to deal with."

"Can you ask me about Moon Taeil?"

"The guy who declared war on you for because you beat up his friend. To be honest, us students don't know anything about him, he's a complete enigma. Only information I have is that he takes advanced vocal courses to train his voice and I hear he is natural at it. He is also Taekwondo black belt so if you run into him you must run!" he warned.

Eric took a moment to digest the information. Taeil is even more fearsome than Taeyong? He could easily handle Taeyong, although the bastard caught him off guard and packs quite a mean punch, it's nothing he could dish out. There are more like him out there and the fact that the largest entertainment company has personal beef was sounding more worrisome than he initially thought. He got a good look at him and he could that the guy is no pushover. He felt nervous that day of trying to fight him, thankfully he was lucky and just confronted him.

"I hope this information will be very helpful going forward." The older boy got out.

"I still haven't' gotten your name yet!?"

The boy turned back. "It doesn't really matter since we're not in the same grade level. Since you have answered more than enough you might know as senior Niel from Teen Top. Nice to meet you Sophomore" Niel said with confident smirk.

And just like that he got lost in the crowd ready to go for next class...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 1.6K 48
"Hail to the King and Queen of the Ruckus" -Play with fire, Sam Tinnesz & Yacht Money (Inspiration, but not fully based) Y/n has been in her mafia fo...
251K 3.2K 98
Genre: Varies The title pretty much says it all! I will try to make this as neutral gender as possible for female readers. If you wish to make reque...
122K 2.9K 52
"I hate you then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff, and then rush to the bottom to catch you" Y/N is a young, introverted, tsunde...
11.5K 485 11
Genre: Yandere/Horror It was a dark stormy night, with your parents away on a business trip you'd expect this to be a quiet and peaceful night listen...