Breaking Free [Bucky Barnes x...

By Unkommentiert

"๐‘ด๐’‚๐’š๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‰๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’–๐’Ž๐’‚๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’‚๐’ ๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’†๐’•?" Olivia was born and r... More

Introduction
[PROLOGUE]

[ONE]

38 3 2
By Unkommentiert

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

TW: Kind of smut, but nothing serious so I won't mark the chapter with an *. 

"Is he back under?" Brock asked when he entered the lab Olivia was currently standing in. After wiping his brain the Winter Soldier fell unconscious and it was easy to get him into the cryo chamber in the attached room. Olivia was used to observe his vitals after putting him back under. For this sake this lab was attached to the room with the cryo chambers and through a large window in one of the walls he could see the Winter Soldier sleeping peacefully in one of them. 

Normally she only observed his vitals for an hour, but today it had been three full hours since the cryo chamber closed and she was still standing in front of the monitor that showed his heart rate. The steady up and down of the line in front of her let Olivia fall into a meditative state.

She was still confused and her heart still ached for the man with the metal arm. His scream still echoing inside of her ears and she could see the small glimpse of blue behind his grey eyes. Who was the asset and what had happened to him in the last decades? 

Questions that had flooded and overwhelmed her brain three hours ago and all she felt right now was confusion.

As Brock stood behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder, Olivia flinched. She hadn't heard him talk to her before and was caught in surprise.

"Baby, are you okay?" Brock asked while he spun Olivia around in his arms so that she was facing him. He could see the dried tears on her cheeks and furrowed his brows in concern.

"I am okay. Sorry, I was just a little zoned out." she mumbled - not able to look him in the eyes.

"I can see that you cried. Tell me what is wrong, baby."

"The asset.." Olivia started carefully and could see Brock's facial expression change from concern to anger. It wasn't much of a secret that he hated The Winter Soldier. Although Olivia never really understood why. 

"What's with him?" Brock hissed and Olivia's eyes widen. Should she really continue her sentence or would this ruin their evening? After that day all she wanted to do was forget. Lay in Brock's strong arms, kiss his neck and maybe let him do the stuff with her that he teased earlier. 

"Nothing. Sorry, it was just a long and exhausting day." she smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes. Brock thankfully didn't realize. 

"Maybe I can make you relax a little." Brock whispered while he carefully nudged his teeth on her exposed neck. Olivia tilted her head to the side - giving him better access. She closed her eyes and was finally able to not see the constantly changing vitals of the asset in front of her. Maybe it was time to finish work and head to their shared room. 

"I would love that." she purred before turning her head so that she could connect her lips with his. They shared a loving but also longing kiss while Brock's hands gripped her waist tightly. The kiss became more fiercely when Brock grabbed Olivia's lower lip between his teeth. She could even taste the metallic taste of blood inside of her mouth. She parted her lips a little to give Brock access to her mouth. He roughly inserted his tongue and it was not a play of dominance. Brock was always in charge, no matter if in the job on in their relationship. 

Olivia was brave and ended the kiss first - getting a confused look from her boyfriend.

"Let's head to our room. I don't like that the asset can watch us make out." she whispered ashamed before pointing her thumb on the window behind her. Brock raised his gaze to watch the Winter Soldier and she could see his face hardening. He really hated the asset.

"I agree. Come on, baby. Let's go." he grabbed her hand and pulled her behind him. Olivia was not even able to close the door to the lab when he dragged her through the corridors of the hideout. Brock was her safe place, but she never liked that he was only gentle to her when he wanted something. Most of their make-out sessions were rough and he also liked to spank her a lot. So hard that she had problems sitting after he needed to release his stress. It was always rougher after Brock had finished a mission with the asset, although Olivia needed a few months to realize that connection.

Brock maneuvered them towards their king-sized bed and forcefully pushed Olivia on the soft mattress. He grabbed his belt and opened it, letting his pants slide down his legs until they were a puddle on the floor. He quickly stepped out it and pulled his shirt over his head - leaving him only in his briefs. His hardened length was already visible through his briefs and Olivia looked into hungry eyes. This would be rough sex. She knew it in that moment. 

He grabbed the button of Olivia's jeans, almost ripped them apart and pulled the jeans of her legs. 

"Let me mark you as mine." he mumbled before kissing her again. It wasn't gentle anymore, it was longing. For Brock it was always about dominance and possession. This was everything Olivia ever knew, but today was the first time she did not enjoy him being obsessed with her. Today was the first time she felt that having sex with him didn't feel good.

Olivia let her boyfriend have sex with her, let him choke her, let him slap her ass until he spilled into her. Brock was panting and it seemed like he was really enjoying it. Olivia on the other hand didn't even have an orgasm. With all the confusion in her body she was not able to relax and enjoy spending time with her boyfriend. She could not enjoy the intimate connection of their bodies. Not as she usually did. Today everything was different.

Brock collapsed next to her, his sculptured body glistering with sweat. He was undeniably attractive and Olivia couldn't help and smiled when she let her eyes wander around his body. With her fingertips she caressed along his sex pack before she leaned into him and placed a kiss on his temple.

"That was awesome, baby. Hope you are more relaxed now." he whispered and pulled her closer in his embrace. Olivia entangled her legs with his and wrapped her arm around his middle. 

"Yes, thank you." she said.

Of course it was a lie. She was even more stressed. Confused. Overwhelmed. But she also felt guilty. Why was she not able to relax while spending time with her boyfriend? Someone she loved. Everything she could see were the grey eyes of the asset. With the small glimpse of blue. And all she could hear was his very human scream when the torture chair starting its work. 

A few minutes later she could hear Brock snoring next to her. It wasn't late but it seemed like his mission today was exhausting. Olivia placed a tender kiss on his cheeks and wiggled out of his embrace. "I love you" she mumbled to him, but it was more like she needed to convince herself instead of the sleeping man next to her. 

She stepped to their shared closet and grabbed one of Brock's black shirts as well as a black yoga tights. After she was dressed again she turned around to see her boyfriend still sleeping. With a shy smile on her face Olivia left the bedroom and made her way through the facility and back into the lab that was attached to the cryo chamber room.

The Winter Soldier was still sleeping peacefully with his face relaxed, the shoulders slumped and his eyes closed. He was still in his dirty and blood stained black combat pants and the dark grey top that was covering a little of his broad upper body. Olivia could see the white gauze that was still tightly wrapped around his right upper arm - where he was shot during the mission. 

She sighed when she let her gaze continue to wander over his sleeping body. 

Normally Olivia had her routine when it came to preparing the Winter Soldier for the next cryo freeze:

1) Check his body for injuries 
→ Call the doctor and let him treat potential injuries
→ Check if the potential injuries need him to be in the med-bay or if she can continue with the next step

2) Check his metal arm 
→ Call a technician if anything is not correct

3) Provide him fresh clothes to change into

This was the step she did not follow today because she was distracted by him being different than usual. Being human. Her brain was still not able to process what had happened a few hours ago and she couldn't understand why this was distracting her so much. She worked with the asset for five years now and never before he was this weird. He was always just an asset. Lifeless and complying without a second thought. 

Looking at his still dirty combat pants she sighed. There was no way she was able to change his pants right now. Olivia stepped to her computer and opened a note to remind her of letting the Winter Soldier change his clothes first thing when the would melt him again. Technically "melting" was not the right word, but she and Brock always used it to describe the process of getting the Winter Soldier out of cryo freeze. 

Looking on the screen in front of her Olivia realized that the vitals of the asset looked odd and definitely different than earlier. It was like the sensor on his right index finger was broken as it only showed every third or fourth heartbeat. Olivia tilted her head a little and raised her gaze from the screen in front of her to look through the window and into the cryo chamber again. 

Was he having problems with his heart or was the sensor broken?

His skin looked a little pale, but that was normal while being under. She could also see his chest rise and lower in a regular rhythm - indicating that he was breathing properly. Unsure what to do now Olivia stood from her chair and opened the door to the attached room. She stood in front of the cryo chamber and watched the man inside. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her heart was beating fast. HYDRA would not be happy if she let their most valuable asset die. 

To have access to The Winter Soldier she needed to open the chamber which was only possible if she de-freeze him for a short moment of time. Olivia was not allowed to do that alone, as the Winter Soldier tended to be aggressive after coming out of cryo. But it was already 8:00 pm and Olivia didn't want to bother anyone to help her right now. Also she wouldn't let him be out of cryo for long. She just quickly wanted to check his vitals manually to make sure that he was fine. Then she would put him back under immediatley. No muss, no fuss. 

Olivia took a deep breath before she pushed the button to open the chamber. Hissing sounds could be heard and steam left the chamber, while the features of the man inside became more and more sharp through the glass. It took almost five minutes to completely "melt" him before the door opened and Olivia finally had access to his still sleeping body. 

She placed her index and middle finger on the crock of his neck to check for a pulse. His skin was cold but somehow also warm and unbelievably soft. What she didn't understand. Maybe cryo freeze was the secret for soft skin. 

Her fingers felt a slow but regular pulse and she let go of the breath she was holding. Thank God, he was okay. Olivia let her gaze wander down his body and saw the clip in his right index finger. 

The clip was slightly slipped off his finger.
That was the reason that his vitals were not shown correctly on the monitor in the lab. 

She quickly corrected it and was about to close the chamber again, when the man in front of her took a sharp and deep breath. She could see his body jolting a little and felt her heart beat like galloping horses underneath her ribs. 

"Shit!" she mumbled and quickly pushed the button to close the chamber again. 

Painfully slow the metallic door with the included window closed but thankfully the Winter Soldier was still laying inside of the chamber. Olivia visibly relaxed with every inch that the door closed - having her safe outside. 

Suddenly the Winter Soldier opened his eyes and starred at Olivia. She let out a small scream before she realized that the door was almost fully closed and she was still safe.

Curiously she watched the man's reaction and was shocked when she looked him in the eyes.

In bright blue eyes.

Blue like shallow water on the Maldives.
Blue like a cloudless sky on a warm summer day in August.
Blue like a myosotis flower - better known as forget-me-not

She never saw one of these things in real life, but her mother always told her bedtime stories about all the wonderful places in the world. Olivia had created a notebook with the places she wanted to visit in her life - including printed pictures and self-made drawings.

The blue eyes in front of her filled with confusion and fear when the Winter Soldier slightly tilted his head to look at Olivia. She was still standing outside of the chamber with her mouth open in shock. She was glued to the floor - unable to move.

Why was he having blue eyes? He was supposed to have grey lifeless eyes. As usual. What did just happen? Was she dreaming? This has to be a dream. She was probably falling asleep in Brock's arm and now dreaming. There was no way that this was real.

The Winter Soldier opened his mouth a little while his bright blue eyes were looking right into Olivia's soul. She suddenly felt vulnerable, even uncomfortable in her own body. 

A barely hearable "Help" escaped his throat before, before the chamber fully closed with a loud hiss and the man inside closed his eyes again and fell back into cryo freeze.

Olivia's hand were shaking, her brain foggy from confusion and all she wanted to do was wake up from the nightmare that this probably was. But she never woke up. Because this was not a dream. This was reality. 

With wobbly steps she slowly made it back into the attached lab before she collapsed on the swivel chair in front of the computer. Her breathing was shallow, her heart was beating fast and she needed to grip the edges of her desk to not faint and fall off her chair. The growling storm inside of her brain became louder with every second. Olivia struggled to clear her mind and find answers to all the questions that she had. There was only one thing that was very clear for her right now:

This was not an asset that looked at her.

This was a human being.

Continue Reading