Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
Not so Smooth Sailing...
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Jailbreak
Interruption
Looming Darkness
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Three Lost Kids
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
The Impact of Choice
Punching the Pack
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

Missing the Little Things...

385 11 2
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

All for One frowned. The partnership between the Black Veil and League of Villains was strong, and fruitful... but there was something that did not add up. It was a moment before he realized what exactly irked him about Supāku. His group had catered to everything Shigaraki wanted, and that was what was wrong. What he wanted differed from what his protegee did, and he had failed to correct that. He'd have to act quickly, in order for things to be rectified. The Veil themselves hadn't asked or done anything with their connection to the League. And that kind of altruism was definitely not like any other villain group. After all, every major group looked out for themselves. Even the HSPC did.

Calling Shigaraki, he told them to come to his location, for a talk. He wanted to find out the blond kid's intentions with his group. And there was no way he could lie to him to his face.

Shigaraki was not one to take a summons from his master lightly. He was the reason he even was able to recover after... that... but orders were orders. And his orders included bringing their blond acquiantence over to him. Someting about questioning him. Why he'd need to do that was beyond the silver haired villain. After all, they both had the same goals, right? Destroy the current society, shake and break the foundations at their cores... but he didn't question his Sensei. Turning down into the main bar, he scowled, noticing that Toga was gone. She thought she was sneaky, by following the Veil. He didn't know what she saw in them, to be honest. Only Dabi sat at the bar. The silver haired man asked, "Where's Toga?"
"How would I know?" He asked back.

Shigaraki stated plainly, although annoyance leaked into his voice. The man was being far too evasive for his liking. "She seems to like to annoy you."
"Hm..." Their resident arsonist seemed to relent, finally admitting. "She's probably with Sparky again. They seem to have a thing going on."

Impatience fully set in his voice, Tomura demanded to know, "And where would that be?"
The Black haired man sighed, "She was annoying me again the other day. Saying that I'd love what they're doing... yada yada. They had no plan to tear down heroes, so I ignored her, but she did give me a place." He dug into his patchwork jacket and pulled out a scrap of paper. He flicked it at the other villain, who gripped it carefully with a couple fingers. "Here."

He growled slightly as he read it. The paper was faded, with little on it. As Dabi said, it was a location. The silver haired villain replied, with mock surprise. "I'm surprised you didn't burn it."
"I know, I know. Part of me just didn't feel the need to." The patchwork man said. "Dunno why you need it, but good luck."

He didn't look back, just closed the door. While he didn't care for it, that statement was as good a warning as he'd ever get from the man.

Following the directions on the note, Shigaraki arrived at an abandoned warehouse, similar to the one that housed Nomus. Entering, he found the place completely quiet. But when he approached a small room inside, he could hear conversations happening. It was clear that Bakugo was alone. "Yeah. So it's all set up? Good. How long? Tonight is the right moment? The spastic sure? Thanks Himiko."

He's on first name basis with Toga? When did that happen.

However, before he could hear anything else, Bakugo looked towards the door, and Shigaraki found himself dragged into the room by shadowy tendrils, before being let go. "Ah, it's you. I was fucking worried it was, somehow, Deku. What'd you want?"

Tomura was blunt with his delivery. "Master wants to meet with you."

"Does he?" Katsuki smiled. There was something amiss about how he was talking. Something the silver haired villain was clearly missing. A piece of the puzzle was missing, but figured it wasn't important to care about. Well, it seemed Sensei did. And his lack of care for this meeting was definitely a red flag for Shigaraki. "Well, let's go then."

As they walked, Shigaraki didn't like how... at ease the blond was. Toga was skipping and laughing, eventually leaving for some other event, while Bakugo... he was just calm. That was unnerving, especially compared to every other meeting with him. He was many things, mostly an irritable hair trigger, but calm? Never. When they arrived, he felt a bit of unease. Entering, All For One was looking... almost perturbed at him, at the sight of his expression. His sightless, marred face was expressive, but his facade was built up 

All For One, for all his strength, could tell when something terrible was coming. It was a skill he honed, through years of practice. It kept him alive several times during the Dark Ages... and he could tell that there was something just wrong with the blond boy. There was something... unnatural, but the man couldn't place his finger on it. However, he hid his emotions from the blond, and started to speak. "So, Katsuki Bakugo..." Shigaraki delighted in seeing him stiffen slightly. He'd never given his proper name, but... even still... AFO wasn't the King for no reason. "...something, a particular detail, had been bothering me as of late. You have been most helpful, which I can appreciate..." Katsuki grinned, some of his confidence coming back to the surface, "...but even still, you have asked for nothing in return from us. If I didn't know any better, you would be one of those pesky heroes in disguise..." He laughed at the thought. Shigaraki growled, incensed by the thought of a hero in his 

Bakugo also laughed. "Oh, you've been doing plenty for us, but you may not have fucking realized that yet." He smirked at AFO. "We've both wanted Allmight dead. We've both wanted heroe society in chaos. But my associates have been doing other things in the background... and you're only now realizing you're missing pieces of the puzzle..."

Steve swerved the car through oncoming traffic to try to lose their pursuers. After all, hijacking a taxi is kinda a noticeable crime. Jonathan watched the mirror, while Nancy and Suzie were holding on in the back seats for dear life. Nancy called out, "C'mon, how much longer, Steve?!" The street shook as one of the pursuing heroes... Godzillo, who was riding shotgun in a police vehicle, used his "nuclear breath". He barely missed due to Steve's improvised driving, but it did glance off a civilian vehicle, toppling it into another.

Steve was done with that question. Like a father who had to deal with children asking 'how much longer?', he snapped, "It's 30 minutes away according to the GPS!"

"Well, that's what happens when you go the wrong way for 20 of those minutes!" Nancy shot back, watching behind them. After seeing how many police cars were after them, she shouted in shock. "We must have most of the local police force after us!"

It was then that the TV built into the back of the driver's seat switched from ads to static, and then to Sadako. She was, rightfully, annoyed. "Where are you all? I'm waiting at the airport..."
"A bit busy, Onryo!" Steve called, before dodging a motorbike.

She looked around them, their surroundings, and then narrowed her eyes. "Are you... in a police chase?"
Suzie looked guilty. She had no involvement with this, and wasn't sure if it was better to lie, or tell the truth, and risk Sadako's wrath. "May...be?"

Pinching her nose, the raven haired spirit replied, "Baka... Where are you?!" It was better than anything life threatening, as far as Yamamura's responses go.

Jonathan, ever calm, responded, "Steve, unable to follow simple directions..."

Harrington protested from the front, "Hey!"

Byers continued, ignoring him, "Accidentally took us across the bridge to Oakland. We're having to go the long way to the airport. We're almost at the San Mateo bridge. We'll be able to take that, then head North, to get to the airport."

Sadako nodded, "fine, I'll get them to do preliminary checks so you can leave quickly. How did they find you?"
"No idea." Nancy said, shrugging in resignation. She had no experience in this kind of thing, and it showed now. "I assume it's because people were looking for Steve like we were."

With the combination of massive stress, plus his peer's feedback, he snapped again. "I get it! I made multiple mistakes in the past 48 hours. I get it! People love the haircut, but... they're not..." He swerved out of the way of another attack, ramming into a police car attempting to box them in. "...going to get it!" The car than ran off the road, stuck in a ditch.

Sadako gave up trying to reason with the distracted driver. "Very well. I await you at the airport. It will be ready in 10 minutes. Is that your estimated time of arrival?"

"30 minutes."

She swore again. "Kuso... well, you better put that car to the test. I'll not distract you anymore." The screen flicked off.

Nancy glanced up front. "You heard her, Steve."

"Yeah, yeah." He kept his eyes on the road as they kept being pursued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 129 11
This is my MHA x Bleach story where it will take place in the My Hero universe where everything is the same except they have soul reapers and hollows...
61.5K 854 17
Izuku midoriya once used to be a normal kid but something that happened to him years ago where it affected him very roughly ever since that incident...
99.4K 2.7K 38
Izuku dies during one of his suicide attempts, but there is an afterlife. Now Izuku roams among the living as a ghost. One day while following bakugo...
126K 4.5K 37
Midoriya can't believe it. Dead from a stupid accident. Dead. They say that if you travel through Musutafu at night, you'll hear piano music and sing...