Through The Flames

By EveGraceWrites

Everest moves in with her future fellow firefighter who just so happens to be her best friends brother and he... More

I͜͡N͜͡F͜͡O͜͡R͜͡M͜͡A͜͡T͜͡I͜͡O͜͡N͜͡
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕦𝕥 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤
𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕌𝕡 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕓𝕓𝕝𝕖?
𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕋𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝔸 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖
𝔸 𝕗𝕖𝕨 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤
𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒 𝕊𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕚𝕖?
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕤𝕟'𝕥
ℕ𝕠𝕨 𝕀 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕚𝕥
ℍ𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣 ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪
𝕀𝕔𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞?
𝟝𝟘𝟘𝕜
𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕝
𝕃𝕚𝕖𝕦𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕟𝕥
𝟘𝟠𝟘𝟠
ℕ𝕖𝕖𝕕 ℕ𝕠 𝕄𝕒𝕟
𝔽𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕤 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕝
ℕ𝕠𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝕃𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕕
𝕆𝕦𝕣 𝕂𝕚𝕕!
ℍ𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕤
𝕂𝕚𝕕𝕫𝔹𝕠𝕡
𝕃𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙
𝕄𝕪 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝔸𝕝𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕊𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕕
𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕀𝕕𝕖𝕒
𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕞𝕦
𝕁𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕪
ℝ𝕖𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
ℤ𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪
𝕊𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝔸𝕟 𝕀𝕥𝕔𝕙
𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕪 𝕊𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕤
𝕆𝕦𝕥 𝕆𝕗 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙
𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕆𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟
𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝔻𝕖𝕛𝕒 𝕍𝕦
𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕀𝕥

1.9K 61 50
By EveGraceWrites

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

The next day, we finish our shift again and I get into the car and immediately connect my phone to the Bluetooth and he groans. Again.

"If you hate it so much. Why not permanently disconnect my phone and connect yours instead?" I ask, scrolling through my playlist.

"Because I choose life." He grumbles, turning the car on.

"I'm not that bad." I mutter, finally finding a song.

I click on 'until I found you' by Stephen Sanchez and Em Beihold and the song begins to play through the car.

Matt drives out of the parking spot and towards the hospital which isn't too far away.

"Your off work tomorrow right?" I ask and he glances over at me.

"Yes. Why?" He questions.

"Well if your off then I don't have to take care of Aida by myself, so that means I can drink tonight." I say with a shrug.

"Just don't drink to much. You know what your like. You don't have a filter at the best of times but when your drunk, you become worse and your ready to start a fight with anyone." He replies and I nod my head.

It's true.

The last time I got drunk I ended up in a cat fight with this 40 year old blonde woman because she accidentally spilt her drink on Spencer.

"You've really got the whole dad thing down." I joke followed by a small chuckle.

"Shut up." He mumbles as we pull into the hospital parking lot.

We both get out the car and begin walking through the hospital towards the daycare centre.

"What if she's had so much fun she doesn't want to come back home with us?" I ask, we had the same discussion yesterday, hence the reason his eyes roll the second the words leave my mouth.

"She doesn't get much of a choice Ev." Matt says as we turn round a corner.

"I'm serious Teo. What if she loved it so much today that she just cries when she's with us." I say. Playing with my hands nervously.

"Ev. She loves you. There's no way she's going to change her mind about that. Besides we had this exact conversation yesterday, can we not do it again?"  Matt says seriously.

I know she was fine yesterday but I keep worrying that one day she's going to realise we're just abandoning her and after what the woman said yesterday, the thought is permanently embedded in my brain.

What if she did love it so much and she suddenly hates us now?

Or worse, what if she hated it and she thinks we abandoned her there and now we're the villains to her?

I don't know how much I can handle that.

Matt glances at me beside him as we walk and he grabs my wrist and stops us both in the middle of the hallway.

"Ev. It's a daycare, it's like school. No kid likes school. They can't wait to get home. Besides, you saw how she was this morning when we dropped her off. I mean she was that loud she probably woke Brian in room 203 from his coma. She's not going to hate us." Matt says and I nod my head as he lets go of my wrist while I stare at the floor.

I look back up and lock eyes with him when I glance over his shoulder I groan.

"For fucks sake." I mutter and Matts eyebrows furrow.

"What?"

"Bimbo Barbie from the doctors office is here and staring at you like I stare at McDonald's nuggets." I mutter, nodding to the Rachel behind him.

He glances over his shoulder and whips his head back to me.

"Ah shit. What do I do?" He mutters.

I search my brain for an idea and the one I come up with is not the best.

"Act like someone just died!" I exclaim in a whisper.

"Excuse me?" He questions.

"Act like someone died, she won't approach you." I say and he shakes his head.

"Ev. I'm not doing that." He mutters.

Rachel begins to walk over to us and I look down at the ring on my right hand.

I quickly take it off and place it on the ring finger on my left hand and turn to Rachel with a fake smile.

"Hi Teo!" Rachel exclaims and my smile falters.

She did not just call him that.

She doesn't even know his full name is Matteo. She just heard me say it at the doctors office.

"Just follow my lead." I whisper to Matt as Rachel reaches us.

"Rachel. It's so nice to see you again!" I exclaim, clapping my hands together.

I make sure she can see the ring on my ring finger as I do so and her eyes follow it.

"Hi." She says with a slightly clenched jaw.

"I have so much to thank you for!" I say excitedly.

"You do?" She questions.

"Yes! After that whole thing in the doctors office, Teo finally grew the balls and proposed." I say with a fake smile placing my left hand on Matt's chest.

"Oh?" She asks and I can literally feel how tense Matt is beneath me.

"Yeah. He said it didn't matter how many women flirt with him, they'll never come in comparison to me. He said every other woman to him may aswell have a witch hat and a wart on their nose because I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. So thanks to you! We're engaged!" I say happily, letting go of Matt and holding up my left hand.

I see a man walking down the hallway freeze for a second before continuing his walking and my brows furrow slightly.

I know that jacket, why do I know that jacket? And why does that back look so familiar, the height and the build.

Why do I recognise that back?

That may be the most psychotic thing I've ever said.

It's like that thing where you know who someone is based of their footsteps.

But I swear I recognise who ever that is based of his back.

I shake my head slightly and turn back to Rachel's with another fake grin and remember what I was about to say.

"Of course in your case, you may aswell have had a witch hat on and it would have fit perfectly but still. Thank you so much." I add and Rachel glares at me while Matt coughs to cover his laugh.

"If it wasn't for you and your terrible flirting, he wouldn't have realised I was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with." I add.

"I wasn't terrible at flirting." She scoffs.

"Yes you were. It was tragic but I hope you can understand why I was such a 'jealous bitch.'" I add quoting her words from the doctors office.

"It was not tragic." She huffs.

"Honey. I'm a firefighter, I've seen enough tragedy to know what is or isn't and I promise you. Your flirting was like watching a car crash in slow motion." I snark with a fake smile.

"Oh yeah? You got baby number two on the way?" She asks gesturing to my stomach and I glare at her. "Oh I'm sorry! Your not pregnant. It's just...insulation."

How satisfying would it be to punch that smug bitch in the face right now?

Very.

It's extremely tempting, but I'd like to walk out if this hospital without an assault charge on my back, so I push the temptation away and decide to use my words.

Fuck, I sound like a kindergarten teacher.

"No I'm not pregnant yet, we're here to get Aida. What are you here for? Another boob job?" I ask.

That's definitely not what a kindergarten teacher would say.

If she did it would be the most ridiculous and confusing thing to ever be said by a teacher.

"My breasts are real." She lies and I roll my eyes.

Correction, that's the most ridiculous thing that could be said, ever.

"Yeah and I'm Brittany Spears." I joke.

"Look, we've got to go. While you're here might want to get your filler dissolved. Have a nice day." I say with a fake smile once again.

"Yeah. Uh congratulations on your engagement or whatever." She mutters taking her phone out and aggressively tapping away at it, giving us the side eye while I grab Matts wrist and walk away.

Once we turn the corner we both hold our palms out and high five eachother.

"Nicely done." He says.

"I thought I was going to have to hold you back from punching her after that pregnancy comment and just to clarify, you don't look pregnant what's so ever." He adds.

"I was so close to punching her, I was playing it out in my head." I chuckle as I take the ring off my finger and put it back on the original one.

"Dude. Your face when I said we were engaged would have brought a patient on their death bed into tears." I laugh as I push his shoulder slightly.

"I wasn't expecting that! I was expecting you to say my Grandma had died or some shit." He exclaims.

"No. She would have preyed on that. She'd have been all..." I pause and flick my hair over my shoulder and purse my lips into a small pout.

"Oh I'm so sorry. It sounds like you need a distraction. Want to come back to mine?" I mock her, then relaxing my face back to its normal position.

"So why suggest telling her someone died?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.

I go to answer and pause when I can't think of an actual reason.

"Give me a break, I was panicking. I'm not Reddit. I don't ask a question in my head and loads of people tell me what to do." I scoff and his eyebrows furrow.

"That makes no sense."

"Does to me." I shrug as we reach the doors to the daycare and Matt presses the buzzer.

Once they see who it is, the lady at the reception opens the door and we walk through.

The perky lady from yesterday walks towards us with Aida in her arms.

She's not crying but when she sees us, her eyes light up and she points to Matt and me.

"Who's that?" The lad asks Aida, pointing to both of us. "Is that mama and dada?" She asks.

"Oh I'm not her-"

"Mmma!" Aida yells, cutting me off while reaching towards me.

I hold my arms out with a huge grin on my face and she leans out of the ladies arms and into mine.

She didn't just call me Ma.

She's just saying words.

That's what babies do, just shout random sounds, it means nothing. She knows I'm not her mom and I know it. Besides it's not like she said 'mama'.

"Hi bambina!" I exclaim, setting her on my hip.

I kiss her cheek and she giggles, looking over at Matt. She lifts her chubby little hand and opens and closes her fist at him.

Matt chuckles and breaks into a large grin. "Hi sweetheart." He says leaning forward and pressing a kiss to the side of Aida's head.

Fucking hormones.

Everytime he does some cute shit with Aida, my hormones go fucking crazy.

It's infuriating.

It's like my uterus is suddenly begging for a baby and I fucking hate it.

Aida holds her arms out for him and the lady laughs.

"She doesn't know who she loves more." The lady says with a grin.

"Come to dad then." Matt says, picking her up and lifting her in the air.

He puts his arm under her thighs and his other hand grips gently under her armpit.

"Daaada." Aida says, poking his mouth and both our eyes widen.

Matt and I both look at eachother in shock as if silently asking if that just happened.

"Did she just say dada?" Matt asks me, his wide eyes locked with mine.

I lean over to Aida and point at Matt.

"Aida. Who's this? Is that dada?" I ask, still pointing at Matt.

"Daaada." She says again, pointing at Matt just like me and I gasp.

"Oh my god!" I exclaim, a large grin taking over my face.

Matt presses a few kisses to Aida's head and looks down at me.

"I know I'm her dad but I didn't think she thought I was her dad, I thought she just thought I'm a man who feeds and changes her but now." He says with a smile.

"Now you know she doesn't think that." I finish for him.

Matt nods his head and looks down at his daughter in admiration.

"Bet your glad now that you were silly and didn't wrap you will-" I'm cut off when he slaps a hand over my mouth.

He subtly shakes his head at me and his eyes subtly glance from me to over my shoulder, reminding me we have company right now.

"Thanks." I muffle against his hand.

He slowly removes his hand and we both turn to the woman behind us.

"So how was she today?" Matt and I both ask.

The lady breaks out into a large grin when we both speak at the same time.

"She was great. She had a nap at twelve. We fed her the mashed banana and some soft carrot sticks. She wasn't as keen on them as the bananas but she ate them regardless. She had some tummy time for twenty minutes after she ate and she's definitely going to start crawling soon." She says excitedly.

"We're going to have to baby proof the apartment." I say to Matt who nods his head.

"Do you know what day you'll be bringing her back in?" The woman asks.

We have no idea what her name is, she never told us. So she's just 'the woman' right now.

Or the perky bitch who suggested we were abandoning Aida, which ever you prefer.

I begin working the days out in my head.

We usually do four on four off.

"Tuesday. For the rest of that week." I reply. "Although we're at work on Saturday so one of us will need to do desk duty and take her with us." I tell matt and he nods his head at me again.

"Great!" The woman exclaims. "I'll see you all Tuesday!"

She waves at Aida, who waves her little hand back and I grab the bag and stroller from our designated space and push it out of the door.

Matt follows me, still holding Aida who's gone back to her obsession with his nose.

"How can someone be so happy?" I ask Matt as we walk down the hallway.

"Next to her we look damn near suicidal." I add.

"Maybe she's just a happy person." Matt shrugs.

I know happy people, Ivan is a happy person but he doesn't creep me out.

He doesn't walk into a room grinning like he's just escaped a mental institution. If he did that I'd slap him and he'd be thankful for it.

"Nobody is that happy. Unless you've been smoking weed most of the day." I reply, turning the corner with the stroller.

"Maybe she has."

"She better not be smoking weed looking after our kid. I'll kill her." I snap and his brows raise.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says with a very small smile.

"Liar. Tell me." I reply as we walk out the entrance of the hospital.

"Nothing. It's just you said our kid." He says.

Why does he sound like he doesn't want that? He sounds offended.

"Why do you sound like that's a problem?" I scoff and his eyes widen.

"No! It's not a problem, at all. She is ours. I just wasn't expecting it." He defends.

"She's not just mine and yours. I say our kid because she's the whole stations. We said you wouldn't do this alone and we meant it. Genetically yes she's yours, but she's all of ours too." I reply as we reach the car and I turn to him before he puts Aida in her seat.

"Besides, I thought you died today Teo and it was one of the worst ten minutes of my life and all I could think of is that we would have to find a way of getting custody of her because she'd be all we have left." I say.

"All I'd have left." I mutter under my breath but he hears and damn it, I really wish I had a filter right now so that thought could have just stayed a thought.

"Left of what?" He asks with knitted brows.

"She'd be all I have left of you." I say sheepishly. He's never going to let me forget it.

"We're not her biological family. I'm fully aware but if something happened to you, would we ever see her again? What if her mom found out and came back to take her? She still has parental rights but she doesn't do anything. So if something happens to you, I'll probably never see her again, the guys and your family will never see her again. One day her mom will come back and take her." I let out all in one breath.

Matt nods his head in understanding and opens the back door, strapping Aida into her car seat and then turning to me.

"I'll think of something Ev and until then, I'm not going anywhere." He says, his voice softer then usual.

"Okay." I sigh, turning away from him and getting into the car.

He goes round the other side and does the same thing but I don't connect my phone.

My brain is still thinking about what I just said.

It's been on my mind for weeks. I've known Aida two months and now I don't want to live a life without her and I know damn well the guys don't want to either.

I couldn't handle if something happened and her mom showed up one day and took her back.

We drive home in complete silence.

It isn't uncomfortable, it's like he knows I need time to think so he he understands and doesn't interrupt.

The only sound I can hear is the sound of my own thoughts bouncing off the walls of my head like a pinball machine.

We get out the car in the same silence.

I take Aida from her seat while Matt gets the diaper bag and we walk into the building.

When we step into the elevator and the doors close Matt side eyes me as I stare forward, Aida on my hip while she grabs a fist full of my hair and I'm silently praying she doesn't pull it aggressively from my scalp. She seems to have realised it gets a reaction out of me and does it repeatedly now.

Matt suddenly steps infront of me, snapping me out of my daze and I look up at him. Like actually craning my neck up, I forget how tall he is sometimes.

"Ev. I'm going to sort it okay? I promise you. Don't worry about it. Instead go get ready and go out with your friends, have a fun night and then you can come back home, where we'll both be here when you get back." He says.

"What do you mean you'll sort it?" I question skeptically.

He steps closer to me so there's barely an inch between us.

I crane my neck up even more just to meet his eyes and he lowers his head to meet mine.

"I just will okay." He whispers.

I look up at the ceiling and press my tongue to the roof of my mouth, trying to push down the terrified feeling of ever losing Aida.

"Hey. Look at me." He whispers gently tugging my head down causing me to lower my eyes from the ceiling and look into his pits of emeralds.

"I'm going to sort it out. If something happens your not going to lose her and until then, I'm not going anywhere." He adds, his voice more deep and gravely then usual.

"Okay." I reply softly, my eyes practically glued to his.

Who ever can stare into his eyes and have the willpower to look away is my god because I can't look away for the life of me.

His eyes fall from mine to my lips and then back up to my eyes.

He pushes one of the dark curls from my face back. His fingers brush the shell of my ear and I have to suppress a shiver.

Once he's tucked the curl back, I expect his hand to immediately fall but it doesn't.

His fingers curl around the back of my neck, just below my ear while his thumb gently strokes back and forth against my jaw.

This is the closest and the most we've touched in eighteen years.

This is the most intimate we've been.

And the way his thumb is brushing against my jaw is doing something to me that I can't explain.

Something takes flight in my stomach while a soft heat pools in my lower belly.

What the fuck is going on?

"What are you doing?" I question in a whisper.

"I have no idea." He whispers back.

"Why are yo-"

"I don't know that either." He mutters, his face getting a little bit closer to mine.

What are we doing?

And why don't I hate it?

He looks like he's about to say something else when elevator doors open and he lets go of my face like he's been scolded and rushes out of the elevator leaving me and Aida alone.

"What the fuck just happened?" I ask Aida, like she's going to answer me.

I mean it would be very convenient if she suddenly started talking full sentences right now and told me what just happened because I'm beyond confused right now.

I walk out after him and follow him into the apartment.

"Can you take her while I get ready?" I ask and he nods his head and jogs over to me.

Suddenly he's not running away from me like I'm a grenade and I scoff as he takes Aida from me and rests her against his chest.

"Thanks. You sure your going to be okay tonight on your own?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Ev. It's fine. We get along. It's almost like we're father and daughter." He says sarcastically.

I lean forward to Aida and kiss her cheek.

"And your daddy is a smart ass." I say rather loudly just so he can hear me.

He rolls his eyes as I walk away and into my room to get ready.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

An hour later, I'm finishing my makeup by applying my mascara and once I'm done I place it back in the drawer.

I stand back in the mirror and look down at what I'm wearing.

Is it too slutty?

I'm wearing a black tight fit dress that sits on me like a second skin. It's off the shoulder but the sleeves run to my wrists and flare out slightly. Between the chest it drops slightly between my breasts but not enough to show to much. It stops at the top of my thigh showing off the tan smooth skin of my legs, yes I shaved them specifically for this. I pull it down slightly because I'm worried it's too high.

I've coupled it with a few gold rings and a matching gold necklace that lines up with my collar bones. I have gold hoop earrings in, that aren't massive but aren't tiny either.

My hair is curled and flowing down my shoulders but I did have to use a shit ton of anti Friz spray so that it doesn't look like I've been electrocuted.

The only makeup I have on is a light foundation, bronzer and mascara.

I wish I was good at makeup, I envy the people that can do it because they make it look so easy and fun, I on the other hand,nearly poke my eyes out in attempt to do winged eyeliner.

I grab my phone and a small black purse with a gold chain and put it over my shoulder.

I walk out my room and to the living room where Matt is sat on the Sofa while Aida is in her bouncer, chewing on a teething toy.

Matt almost does a double take when he sees me but once he looks back, his eyes scan down my body and I suddenly feel self conscious.

"It's too slutty isn't it?" I ask him but he doesn't say anything he just continues to look me over.

I look like a hooker don't I?

That's why he's looking at me all funny.

"Screw it! I'm changing! I don't want to look like a sex worker!" I shout, turning and beginning to walk back to my room.

Just as I'm about to reach my door, a hand clasps around my wrist and spins me around so I'm facing them.

Of course it's Matt, unless Aida suddenly grew over six feet.

"It's not slutty Ev." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"It's not! You look...decent." He adds and now both my eyebrows raise.

"Decent? That's what your giving me? How am I going to get anyone's number if I'm decent? I'm suppose to be hot so that I can eventually get laid." I scoff and he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"I feel like I've walked into a trap here and there's no way out." He says.

"Look we don't say that shit to eachother. How many times have you complimented me or said I was hot?" He asks.

"But you are hot. You don't need to be told that so why would I remind you that you are when twenty different women tell you on a daily basis?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and I see his eyes dip for a split second before quickly snapping back to my eyes.

"I think whatever I say is going to make it worse so I'm just not going to say anything and give you this as a distraction." He says, pulling out his credit card and holding it out to me.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Well it's a card. It's connected to a bank that has money in it and when you want to buy something yo-" I cut him off by punching his shoulder.

He holds the card out to me again and I eye it skeptically.

"I said it was my treat and I meant it. So take it." He says, pushing the card into my hand.

I look down at it in confusion.

Why would he give me his card?

I could go on a full bender with this and spend all his money.

That's a lie, he has that much money I could buy everything from Gucci and he'd still have twice as much money as me.

Maybe I will go on a shopping spree.

I won't, but I could.

He's literally giving me a golden ticket here.

Wonder if I could actually buy a golden ticket with this card?

"The pin number is 0808." He says and that cause my head to snap up and lock my eyes with his.

0808

The same number he has tattooed on his arm.

The same number that I use for everything.

The same number that represents the day my life changed for the better.

So what does it mean to him that he has a permanent reminder of it on his body?

"Is that something to do with an ex girlfriend because you've got it tattooed and it's your card pin? Or maybe your first girlfriend?" I ask and his eyes widen as he sputters slightly.

"Uh yeah. Something like that." He says.

I ignore the way my heart plummets slightly.

It literally just dove off a cliff.

Why did it do that?

Why is my body reacting weird to him lately?

"It's kind of sweet that you've done that for your first love. Here I thought you were never capable of that." I mutter, putting the card in my purse. 

"She must be very special if you and your commitment issues are fine with having that number permanently on your body." I add.

He just stares at me, his hands in his pockets.

His eyes scan over my face like he's done it a million times before but each time he does it, he wishes it was the first.

"Yeah. Yeah she is." He replies, his eyes never leaving my face.

I break my eyes away and looking down at my phone and see that my Uber is here.

"Right I've got to go, the Ubers here. I'll be back later." I tell him as I walk to the front door.

I quickly grab a pair of gold heels and pull them onto my feet and reach for the door.

"Ev?" Matt asks and I hum in response. "You look good. If it's getting laid that you want, you'll have no trouble finding anyone."

I let out a small laugh.

Usually men would say 'you look gorgeous' or 'you look beautiful'. With Matt, I get a 'you look good' and I get told if I want to have sex, I'll have no trouble finding someone.

It's the closest thing to a compliment get from him.

"Right I'll see you later." I chuckle, sending him a wave and rushing out of the building.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

Fifteen minutes later, the Uber is pulling up outside Mixers bar and I pull out some cash for the driver.

I place it in his hand and leave a ten dollar tip for him before thanking him and climbing out the car.

I look up at the sign for mixers with a small smile.

We've been coming here to drink since we turned twenty one, which was only three years ago but we started hanging out at the bar when we were eighteen.

It's rustic and hasn't changed in years but it's the best place to be.

I walk through the door and look around in search of the others but they aren't here yet.

Of course I'm early, I'm me.

I'd rather be caught dead then be late and if I am late, it's probably because I am dead.

I continue to scan round the room when my eyes catch on familiar grey hair. I know that back of a head anywhere.

That's a weird thing to say but I've been saying that a lot today plus I've known him my whole life and his hair hasn't changed in twenty four years.

"Uncle Stew!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind.

"Vi! What are you doing here?" He asks, putting down his whiskey glass and turning to me.

"I'm meeting Tia, Eli, Turner and Luca for drinks. It's an LGBTQ+ thing." I say and my eyes widen. "You should join! You fit the criteria!"

"I wouldn't want to intrude." Uncle Stewart says.

"Don't be ridiculous, your not intruding." I encourage him but he shakes his head.

My mind begins to think of a way to get him to join us because despite his age, I know this man can act like a frat boy no matter how old he is.

"We'll be drinking tequila." I shrug.

I know that's his weak spot.

"Tequila?" He asks and I nod my head.

"Fuck it. I'm in." He says, downing the rest of his whiskey.

"Can I get a beer?" I ask Shelley.

She's been working here for years and she was there on my twenty first birthday, supplying beers and vodka like there was no tomorrow.

Pretty sure she's the reason I ended up with my head practically glued to Tiana's toilet.

Shelley nods her head and pulls out a beer bottle, opens it and places it infront of me with a smile.

"Thanks Shell. How's Isaac?" I ask, taking a sip of the beer.

Isaac is her son, he's sixteen and has Down syndrome. He's the cutest human being on this planet.

After my dad died, he was ten and he begged his mom to buy me my favourite flowers and he delivered them to me himself. He said "I want to cheer you up because I love happy Everest. She's my favourite Everest."

Shelley smiles as she cleans a dirty glass on the bar.

"He's doing good. His talent for playing the piano has finally been seen and he now has three solos in the next show." She says, the smile never leaving her face.

"That's amazing! Record it for me?" I ask.

"Absolutely. I'm going to be the proudest mom in that room." She says when another customer pulls her over.

"I'll talk to you later." I tell her and she nods her head and walks over to the man.

"Okay. Where do you want to sit?" Uncle Stewart asks.

I point to a table by the door and stand up with my beer and walk towards it. The table is big enough to fit the six of us and I place my beer on the coaster.

Uncle Stewart pulls out the chair for me and thank him with a smile and sit down.

He sits down opposite me and I smile at him, picking my beer back up and taking a sip.

"So tell me about this man your in love with then." I say and he smiles sheepishly.

"His name is Joey. He's my age and I met him at the gym. He's amazing. He's so considerate of everything and he's helping me through everything with Irene." He says with a grin.

"Have you told him you love him yet?" I ask, taking another swig of my beer.

"Not yet. I'm waiting for the divorce to be finale." He explains and I nod my head.

I'm about to respond, when the doors opens and in come the others all laughing at something Luca said.

They look around to find us and when they do, they all wave.

They all talk for a moment before Eli heads to the bar and the others walk over to me and Stewart.

Tiana is wearing a blue velvet wrap body con dress that stops at her mid thigh making my dress look like I'm trying to flash someone.

She looks stunning in it though.

Her blonde hair has been straightened so there's no flyaways at all and I'm envious, no matter how many times I straighten my hair, something always pops up.

Tia walks over to me so I stand up and we wrap our arms around eachother.

"You look stunning!" She exclaims, pulling back and scanning my outfit.

"Shut the fuck up! You look like a fucking runway model!" I exclaim too.

I look over at Luca and Turner who are both wearing sweatshirts in different shades of grey.

Turner has paired it with black jeans where as Luca has paired his with blue jeans.

They're literally wearing the same outfit just in slightly different colours.

Luca hugs me tightly like he hasn't seen me in years when I'm reality he saw me three hours ago.

"Think I'll get someone's number tonight?" I ask him as he pulls away.

"Are you kidding? We both will." He says and points to all of us "We Little Mount, are the hottest bitches in this city."

I let out a laugh and lean over to Turner and hug him too.

Once I pull away I see Luca looking at the captain.

"Not to be rude but why are you here Captain. This is usually an LGBTQ+ thing." Luca says bluntly and I nudge his shoulder slightly.

I look over at Stewart as if asking "can they know?" And he nods his head.

"He fits in there now. He's bi." I tell them and they all congratulate Stewart, including Eli who heard what we were talking about as he walked over with drinks.

"I knew it! My gay senses were tingling!" Luca exclaims and pats Uncle Stewart on the back.

Eli places the drinks on the table and we all sit down.

"Okay. Tia. Tell us why we're all here." Turner says.

"Spencer kissed me." She announces.

"And?" We all ask, like the news isn't a surprise at all.

I mean it wasn't for me considering I already knew but even the others aren't shocked.

"I thought you'd be a little more shocked." She laughs.

"Sorry. And!" I exclaim and they all chuckle.

"And he ran off. Told me it was a mistake but today after the fire, he told me it wasn't a mistake and he doesn't regret it but he said it can't happen because he's friends with Matt." She sighs and I look at the guys.

"It is a guy rule. You should never try to date your friends sibling." Luca says, like the it's common knowledge.

"But Matt has nothing to do with this! I like Spencer. I like him a lot, if Matt knows that, there's no way he'd be bothered by it. Which makes me thing Spencer just wants an excuse to reject me." She says and she deflates after she said it, like all her self confidence has just disappeared.

"Tia. I promise you. He is not looking for an excuse. If Spencer had a problem with something else he'd tell you. If he says it's because of Matt then that's most likely his biggest concern right now." I explain and the guys nod their heads.

"Little Mount is right. Spencer is a person who doesn't think things through the whole way, he just acts in the moment. When he wants to do something, he does it. He's done exactly that and then thought about the consequences afterward and he's freaked himself out." Eli adds to my point.

"Yep. He's a little bit like Ivan on that front. Except Spencer doesn't think before he does things and thinks afterwards. Ivan doesn't think about the consequences ever." Turner chimes in.

"Ivan is the definition of impulsive talking." Uncle Stewart says and we all nod our heads with a small laugh. 

"I don't know man, on a call Ivan thinks about everything." Luca defends Ivan and our eyebrows raise. 

"Yeah because lives are on the line." I reply and Luca shrugs his shoulders.

"Speaking of lives on the line. Thank you all for saving everyone today, including me. I didn't think I'd be able to get out in time and I'm sorry for that crap my idiot brother pulled too." Tiana says.

"We were just doing our job and as for your brother. Don't worry, Little Mount shouted and hit him for a solid five minutes before they went to pick Aida up yesterday... in the middle of the parking lot." Luca laughs and I glare at him.

"It was deserved! The dickhead ran back into a building filled with fire without telling his team!" I exclaim.

"And I had to get my anger out before we picked Aida up because I swear she can sense when I feel an emotion, it's weird." I add, bringing my bottle to my lips and taking a drink.

"How was Aida's first day?" Eli asks as I put the beer bottle back down on the table.

"She called Matt, Dada, earlier when we were there. You should have seen his face. He looked so beyond happy." I tell them.

"She still crying constantly?" Tiana asks and I shake my head.

"All you have to do is play Taylor Swift and she's happier then a penguin on ice." I say with a large smile.

"She's got good taste. Gets that from me." Tiana says proudly, taking a sip of her martini.

"I second that. I may be old but I can recite every Taylor Swift lyric." Uncle Stewart says.

"Same." Luca and Eli say simultaneously.

We all look to Turner who looks at us with a shrug.

"I'm more of a one direction guy." He says nonchalantly.

"Yeah but they-" Tiana is cut off when Turner slaps a hand over her mouth.

"Don't remind me that they split up. It's been eight years and I'm still grieving!" He exclaims.

He takes his hand from Tiana's mouth and she laughs.

We all sit in silence as Turner seemingly grieves the loss of his favourite band.

"You guys want to know who's a secret swiftie?" I ask, changing the subject slightly.

"Who?" They all ask.

"Spencer."

They all gasp and Tiana's eyes widen.

"He's a swiftie too? I've just fallen more in love. Wether he wants me or not!" She exclaims.

"Tia. I promise you he wants you. He's just overthinking it. Give him some time and he'll realise that he needs you just as much as I do." I tell her and she smiles, dropping her head to my shoulder.

I gently pat her head with my hand when Shelley walks over with a tray.

"Here are the tequila shots you ordered." She says, placing the tray with about twenty different shot glasses on them before walking away.

"This going to be fun." Luca smiles.

No.

This is going to be a hangover from hell.

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

AN:
This is a long chapter, sorry.

Also I'm running out of things to say in ANs. might just start saying pickup lines tbh.

Kidding.

Not.

If you were a book, I'd need glasses, because you'd definitely be fine print.

Kill me.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 13.7K 57
"So what now?" "I don't know, Em." ***** CLOSER TO YOU TRILOGY ***** After the second chance of a lifetime, Emma Carter and Beau Lewis decide to call...
136K 3.9K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
138K 6.2K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
68.8K 1.9K 39
What could go wrong when taking a road trip, alone, across the USA after a break up? Well, I can answer that for you. Your car breaks down in the mid...