Crossroads (Jenna Ortega X Ma...

By Rhen_Roth

Y/N always had a thing for music. It seemed to be his only means of expression. He eventually decided to try... More

Intro
Process
Grinding
Viral
City of Angels
Lose Yourself
Sick Boy
Announcement Regarding The Long Hiatus
Interscope.
Snippet...
Live
No Jumper
Netflix And Literal Chills
Mi Casa..
Reunion
The Realest
Major Announcement

Fame?

3.6K 86 73
By Rhen_Roth

"You didn't!"

"I'm pretty sure I did"

"I said I'd think about it!"

"I know how slow you are at making decisions"

"Dude!"

Y/N was currently pacing around his bedroom in his pajamas after finding out Seth had released the song he recorded the previous day and decided to title it Change.

"What have you done,man?" Y/N looked distraught.

"You wouldn't do it on your own so I helped" Seth shrugged.

"Bro..." Y/N had his head in his hands.

"And," Seth smiled. "I created an Instagram account for you"

"When did you all this?!" Y/N looked at his friend.

"I might've snuck into your room while you were asleep"

Y/N was currently pondering over his friend's unsolicited interference... And the fact that he should probably put extra locks on his door.

"Look,you can yell at me later" Seth said. "We're almost late for class,so hop in the shower"

Twenty minutes later,Y/N was clad in a black t-shirt,grey jeans and a pair of black white converse.

"Alright, let's move"

______________________________

After another hectic day of classes and getting scolded by professors,Y/N found himself at the Cafe one again,buried neck deep in assignments and trying to ignore his friend and his co-workers who kept calling out names of people who ordered their drinks. Seth had given him the logins to the account, allowing the brown haired boy to change the username; Seth had set it to @the_real_nf but Y/N had made some adjustments, turning it to @nfrealmusic. If he was going to be heard,his brand might as well be something he stood for.

A couple more hours of scribbling later,the teenager got bored and decided to take a break. Walking to the back of the busy Cafe,he found his friend and roommate in the back, apparently on his break.

"Dude,I need a beat to work with" Y/N sat next to him.

"You should be catching up on your school work" Seth took a sip of his coffee.

"And you should be working" Y/N rolled his eyes. "come on,man... I have lyrics rotting away in my head"

"Fine" Seth scrolled through his phone and found one. Connecting his phone to the speaker in the room,he pressed play.

"There's no mic," Seth pointed out. "how you gonna record?"

"I'll just make do with this" Y/N opened the voice recorder on his phone. "Now play it back please"

"What am I gonna do with you?" Seth shook his head.

"You know you love me" Y/N gave a goofy smile.

Seth started the beat again and Y/N listened for a few seconds before he began rapping.

Seth watched his friend with keen interest and smiled when he saw Y/N had his eyes closed once he sped up, though he was surprised that at the second verse his friend used an entirely different flow and tone, almost as if he was a completely different person.

By the time the song ended,Y/N was almost out of breath from the amount of energy he'd put into it. He stopped recording and exhaled.

"Bro..." Seth had his mouth slightly open. "bro!! You've got gifts!"

"Thanks man" Y/N laughed.

"Dude,I mean it.. you better get your music out there" Seth stared at him. "This shit needs to be heard!"

"Well you technically started doing it without my permission..." Y/N stated.

"Only because your bitch ass is still indecisive" Seth replied.

"You think it's so easy huh?" Y/N asked.

"It's literally that easy" Seth said.

"You know I overthink a lot,man" Y/N said. "decisions are never easy for me"

"Dude–"

"Seth, break's over" a blonde poked her head through the slightly open door, before flashing a smile. "Hey,Y/N"

"Sup, Charlotte?" Y/N grinned.

"Just trying to survive a job with this idiot" Charlotte gestured to Seth.

"Well he is pretty stupid..." Y/N nodded.

"Why must you people gang up on me?"Seth looked from his friend to his coworker.

"Dude, break's over" Y/N patted his back. The boy with a buzz cut grumbled as he stood up and walked back out,his friend laughing behind him; not just at Seth's antics but at the fact that Y/N knew the pair of coworkers liked each other a lot,but were either nervous to show it or just plain dense.

Y/N walked back to his table and picked up his textbook again... For a split second anyway.

Pings from his phone grabbed his attention. He'd been hearing a lot of those all day but chose to ignore them.

Opening his phone, he saw they were all Instagram notifications. Apparently he'd gained over five thousand new followers on the recently created account.

"What the heck–"

(Yes, I'mma respect Nate's no swearing rule... Everyone else in the story still swears tho)

Y/N couldn't believe what he was seeing. It's not like he'd even posted anything aside a black picture with the white inscription "Real Music"

Had that many people heard Change?

More importantly,this amount of following meant that those five thousand people had liked the song.

"Aye yo,Seth!" Y/N called out.

______________________________

All thoughts of catching up with school work were thrown aside as Y/N spent most of his time looking at the DMs and compliments he received from people who seemed to like it.

He was shocked to say the least.

"I told you!" Seth laughed. "didn't I tell you? I told you!"

"Okay, okay you did tell me" Y/N said as he reached for another slice of pizza. "I still can't believe you did that,tho... Did you create a Spotify account or something?"

"Yep!" Seth took a bite of pizza which muffled his answer. "Got you an account on Spotify for artists"

"I need to keep you away from my stuff" Y/N shook his head.

"Told Ava about it yet?" Seth asked.

"Nahh" Y/N said.

"She's your sister,man" Seth pointed out.

"And I love her a lot" Y/N said. "but I can't get her hopes too high"

"Dude!" Seth groaned. "Your pessimism is your own problem"

"I'm being honest,man" Y/N said. "all this could fade away soon"

"Not with the kind of talent you have,bro"

The discussion continued till both boys decided to head to bed.

Y/N spent that night scrolling through Instagram and pondering on Seth's words.

He loved music,but should he really do this?

______________________________

The next morning he was woken up by his phone which was plugged by his bedside.

The teen groaned as he reached for it. Rubbing his eyes,he looked at the screen to see more Instagram notifications.

He opened his phone and went to his page,only to be greeted with a video of... Himself?

In the video was him sitting in the cafe's break room, rapping into his phone with Seth sitting next to him. It had the caption "Decided to record another one and take this music thing seriously"

Aside garnering a lot of likes,it was accompanied by these comments;

@nfrealmusic: Decided to record another one and take this music thing seriously.

eminem: you just gave me hope,kid.

champagnepapi: sheesh,lil bro! 🔥

lizzobeeating: damn,baby you can spit!

jennaortega: what the actual fuck?

toreylanez: this kid is ass,ngl

khaidxr: @toreylanez he still more talented than your bitch ass,tho.

lights: when's this one releasing?

joynerlucas: yo, DM me ASAP.

Y/N was in a daze for at least five minutes. Once he broke out of his stupor and realized everything he was seeing was real,one name escaped his lips.

"Seth!!!"

______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.6K 29
Y/N is an unknown actor, he has a passion for writing and has all but given up hope on ever making it big in acting or writing. That is until one day...
1.9K 74 3
Hello Journal. I'm calling it a journal cause I refuse to address it as a diary. Anyway, I never really cared for people, friends. People are so easy...
Loser By x0ltz2

Historical Fiction

15.1K 199 23
TW!!! *SMUT *ABUSE *BULLYING *EMOTIONAL And other more... @x0ltz2
50.5K 885 42
Stunting that's it [but it evolves]